Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Tomorrow in the US, we celebrate Thanksgiving which is a time to stop and reflect on what we are most thankful for. I'm thankful for all you I've met here in this thread and for the support we've shown each other over the years.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Seems like toddlers can't eat pet food or sleep in pet beds. :( The vacuum doesn't seem to clean a lot of the toddler messes or messes in general I noticed too.

Someone in another thread said their toddler had eaten pet food. I will have to try it in my game.
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I got cats and dogs today at Target for 21 dollars . I'm installing now :)

How cool! I tried, but all the Target stores near me are sold out. I'll try the next sale, maybe Amazon. I rarely have time to play now anyway. On the one hand it's great that I have this awesome job that is mentally challenging and pays really well. It's a huge stress lifted off my shoulders. On the other hand, it takes up so much of my time and can be so draining that I'm stressed in other ways. I miss playing Sims & my other computer games. I think I need to dedicate some time to making myself play, instead of caving to the excuse that I'm too tired.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,191 Member

How cool! I tried, but all the Target stores near me are sold out. I'll try the next sale, maybe Amazon. I rarely have time to play now anyway. On the one hand it's great that I have this awesome job that is mentally challenging and pays really well. It's a huge stress lifted off my shoulders. On the other hand, it takes up so much of my time and can be so draining that I'm stressed in other ways. I miss playing Sims & my other computer games. I think I need to dedicate some time to making myself play, instead of caving to the excuse that I'm too tired.

Um did you went in person. Becauyse online they say there sold out ,but usually they have a couple left. I got the last one why minds was lable sold out.
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member

Um did you went in person. Becauyse online they say there sold out ,but usually they have a couple left. I got the last one why minds was lable sold out.

Good point, I only checked online. If I get the chance, I'll try to get to Target this weekend.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    This thread has dropped to the second page :(

I hope that everyone is doing well and has a good Christmas :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member

Where is @sparkfairy1? Haven’t seen her post in a while... hoping she is ok.

Honestly, I think most have just given up. Three years is a long time to hold onto hope for something that rarely shows you anything to hope for. I’m surprised I still visit myself.

—T
  • Options
    clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    I’ve been around awaiting people’s lovely pics but sadly none has arrived in ages :(
    I would post some myself but me and my other half have been talking it in turns on the pc in the evenings and a couple of hours is just not enough to get some sort of story going. But when I have one I will.

It’s sad this thread has dropped to the second page but I understand why people don’t post as often
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    To7m wrote: »

Honestly, I think most have just given up. Three years is a long time to hold onto hope for something that rarely shows you anything to hope for. I’m surprised I still visit myself.

—T
    I hope so too. Winter is hard on health.

I've been really sick for like a month. I had a three week cold, then I got a stomach infection with other pain which caused me to go to urgent care, so I've had to slow down on my gaming ventures. So in the meantime been addicted to Animal Crossing Pocket Camp. I did play some Sims 4 yesterday and was able to talk to SimGuruGraham a bit while he streamed last night. Pretty cool finding out his playstyle of being a builder and liking to make people he knows.

With December I do expect people to be traveling to visit their families. Anyway I hope all is well with you and everyone and people can share some pictures of all their Sims games.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    ThrippaThrippa Posts: 678 Member
    @Scobre Yikes! I hope you're feeling better, and have used up your sickness points for the season.

My Sims time is down between the recent flood of Switch titles (and my discovering Stardew Valley) and also discovery of Habitica, a site/app that awards your character experience points and gold for checking off chores. My house has never been cleaner, since I get to check off each room I dust, and I've finally gotten me and the dogs into the habit of brushing their teeth, since I added that as a task, and a couple of those things that must be done but I hate I hate slightly less since they might deal a fatal blow to the monster or earn me that pet lion cub I want. So I'm doing more outside the Sims. I suppose I could add a task for 15 minutes of Sims, but I tend to get carried away playing . . . Lol.
  • Options
    CheesySimsLoverCheesySimsLover Posts: 258 Member
    I joined TS4 way late. Back in 2014, the reason I DIDN'T want it was because of lack of toddlers. I didn't see the point in a Sims game that didn't include all age groups. I demoed it the week before Thanksgiving when the prices dropped, and I was pleasantly impressed - I hadn't realized they'd added toddlers to the game sometime later. The toddlers are adorable, though a handful. It's helpful when there's a teen in the house; I've been playing the Goths, so I have Cassandra, Alexander, and unexpectedly twin toddlers. I'll probably play Casandra until I find "the one" for her (I hope it's not Malcolm Landgraab, because he's been playing with her heart since day one in my game. I'm just going with it for now, because every girl has to have that crush that's all wrong for her, right?) I'm holding onto hope that "Mr. Right" will come along someday for her, though Malcolm might crush her heart a few times first. :disappointed:

I don't have any EPs yet, since I'm playing on my MacBook Air which wasn't conditioned for gaming obviously. I got it primarily for writing. If I decide to become more invested in it, my BF and I are talking about buying a desktop gaming PC for multiple PC games that we'd share. Right now, we don't have a lot of time to dedicate to gaming between building our careers and planning out our future.
  • Options
    I joined TS4 way late. Back in 2014, the reason I DIDN'T want it was because of lack of toddlers. I didn't see the point in a Sims game that didn't include all age groups. I demoed it the week before Thanksgiving when the prices dropped, and I was pleasantly impressed - I hadn't realized they'd added toddlers to the game sometime later. The toddlers are adorable, though a handful. It's helpful when there's a teen in the house; I've been playing the Goths, so I have Cassandra, Alexander, and unexpectedly twin toddlers. I'll probably play Casandra until I find "the one" for her (I hope it's not Malcolm Landgraab, because he's been playing with her heart since day one in my game. I'm just going with it for now, because every girl has to have that crush that's all wrong for her, right?) I'm holding onto hope that "Mr. Right" will come along someday for her, though Malcolm might crush her heart a few times first. :disappointed:

I don't have any EPs yet, since I'm playing on my MacBook Air which wasn't conditioned for gaming obviously. I got it primarily for writing. If I decide to become more invested in it, my BF and I are talking about buying a desktop gaming PC for multiple PC games that we'd share. Right now, we don't have a lot of time to dedicate to gaming between building our careers and planning out our future.
    Cool sounds like you are having fun. So far, the best match I have found for her has been Vlad. I have always loved the Goths since day one of the Sims especially Cassandra Goth when her story grew in the Sims 2. I always thought Will Wright inspired Cassandra Goth after his daughter Cassidy especially when he was making the Sims and didn't want to see his little girl grow up. The addition of toddlers has helped a lot for me too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Picture of one of the families I'm playing who was related to Madea.
    29o3af9.png

I found these debug eyes that were uploaded to MTS too. They are beautiful and more textured I think.
    http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=603909
  • Options
    @Scobre what do you think of pets?
    I haven’t played all areas yet I’ve only dabbled but I kinda have a love hate relationship with it. I like that I can’t control them but it pains me that I can’t view their panel motives skills etc.
    I haven’t yet had a toddler with a pet as they all grew up but I love that the tot can cuddle them. (Unless that’s photoshopped?)
  • Options
    clover24 wrote: »
    @Scobre what do you think of pets?
    I haven’t played all areas yet I’ve only dabbled but I kinda have a love hate relationship with it. I like that I can’t control them but it pains me that I can’t view their panel motives skills etc.
    I haven’t yet had a toddler with a pet as they all grew up but I love that the tot can cuddle them. (Unless that’s photoshopped?)
    I like the pets, but I feel the same way about pets. I would love to see an UI for pets as well so I could see those things. Oh no it isn't photoshopped. Toddlers can interact with pets by petting them, mimicking them, babbling to them, and hugging them that I have noticed so far. I think I just wish toddlers could lay in pet beds because that was always adorable to see in the Sims 2 and my nephew does that while saying nigh night. It would be funny to see them eat the pet food too because kids do tend to be naughty with that sometimes. The eyes are CC, but I guess are hidden files in the game, so technically EA made them. The pet bed is a CC of a Sims 3 object turned into a bed that was a toy that pets would play in with the Sims 3. I do wish the pack had small critters like birds and rodents, but given how ugly those things looked in Outdoor Retreat makes me wonder if those animals will ever look anything other than a polygon mess so I can kind of see why it wasn't included.
  • Options
    Thanks for letting me know, when I new tot arrives I’ll be sure to try out the tot and pet loving ;)
    I agree about the critters I don’t have high hopes about how they would look
  • Options
    @To7m A lot of people have moved on over the past couple of years. It is always sad when an old thread gets bumped and you see familiar faces and when you check out their profile they either haven't been online for a while or they just lurk and not post. That is the community under TS4 I guess

:disappointed:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    To7m wrote: »

—T

Sparkfairy1’s last post was in this thread on August 21 and in her post before that on August 19 she told us that her health had become much worse this year. So alas it didn’t sound good for her at all.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Well at least we did get the toddlers Sparkfairy fought so hard for us to get. And what's more they are a spectacular addition to the game. Too bad we had to wait so long for them. I do hope she has at least been able to play them.

Most of all, I so Hope she is feeling better. I Think of her often. Such a sweet, thoughtful person. Her very presence is highly missed - I'm sure by many, many of us.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    I still want better family trees that extend beyond just the parent and child relationship and I want a better photo album. I feel like it is useless taking pictures in the Sims 4 because being a rotational player there is no organized system in the game for my photos. In the file itself where it is stored, it is even more messy. I really miss how much organized photos were in the Sims 2 and 3. I liked those photo albums. I don't care for the moodlet system attached to photos. I think I would like to be able to make a scrapbook in game with the photo album so I can add pictures of each family to it and decorate it.
  • Options
    I second the family trees and I the addition of extra family members in cas like uncle aunt sand the stepfather/mother and half siblings.
    I do miss the attraction system as well I feel like I’m forcing my sims in sims 4.
  • Options
    @Scobre In the future I would like to create extended families without any limitations and then break Sims into respective households
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I'm still lurking occasionally but have not felt like playing for a while and haven't been very active in the forums for a few weeks. The last time I played my long-standing game, my sim's daughter had grown to a teen and they got a pet dog.

541.png?dl=0
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    clover24 wrote: »
    I second the family trees and I the addition of extra family members in cas like uncle aunt sand the stepfather/mother and half siblings.
    I do miss the attraction system as well I feel like I’m forcing my sims in sims 4.

A lot of this game feels forced. Ironically I don’t wish to control EVERYTHING, I do want the sims to ‘use their initiative’ so to speak.

Wants, fears and a chemistry system would spice this game right up.

—T
  • Options
    @elanorbreton Nice picture with the dog :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top