Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Parenthood is a good pack you should get @Thrippa
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited September 2017
    Yeah the Parenthood pack and Toddler packs did help improve my family play in the Sims 4 a lot. I'm really excited how adding Cats and Dogs into the mix is going to effect the little ones in my households. I've always loved how Sims children interact with pets.

On requests for family play, I still think family tree needs to be fixed with having more relationship connections like in real life. For couples I wouldn't mind having turn ons and off and general preferences. Like it would be fun if teenagers had their favorite food, music, and activities to do as part of their AI and displayed in the UI. I really liked how those things were in the Sims 2 and 3, I just want them combined and improved upon.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member
    @Thrippa I ended up using a combination of mods to disable curfews and make scolding user-directed only. The silliest thing with it was kids getting grounded and then not being allowed to attend school. I never had that problem myself, but my daughter did several times. My kids were never really allowed to do anything rebellious, but one of them went to go fishing over the road early in the morning and was brought home by police for breaking curfew. So annoying.

@Scobre I miss the turn ons and turn offs from TS2 (although I would like them to be more esoteric than just liking skills and looks*) and general preferences. Sims 4 still needs to do a bit of work on making individuals sims feel more individual. I still like the Sims 2 personalities and aspiration types and how they made each sim act a very specific way. This one always has sponge baths, that one always wants grilled cheese, another one is always playing in the bath or stealing newspapers. A serious sim complains about having to tell a joke and an active sim complains about being directed to watch tv. It's probably one of my biggest hurdles for TS4 that still remains - how each sim is more of a tabula rasa who we can direct however we like and who will respond the same as every other sim in nearly every scenario.

*I know that personality points do play a significant role in attraction in TS2, but I would rather have been able to choose that this serious sim loves playful sims or whatever.
    Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • Options
    clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    Family relationships needs an upgrade, the standard wife, husband, sibling and daughter/son is just not enough for me in create a sim, I need more, especially relationships that involve some kind of step parent or sibling.
    Take the lonely grandparent that has the grand child come to live with them because the parents are non existent. I can’t create that without a parent being present and wish I could.
    My imagination only takes me so far, and not having the relationships (like the ones above) of sims clearly stated does ruin storylines for me.

I know I could just play out the beginning of a storyline so I have the relationships, (and kill off any unwanted sims >:) ) sometimes I like to play a story without having to set it up get rid of sims or add them to have the storyline I want.

Sometimes I just like to skip chapters!!!
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    It is nice to see some players are enjoying the Parenthood pack and even though I will not buy TS4 myself perhaps it is thanks to this thread and the ideas that paved way for more family play could be the reason why some players are much happier now than there where a couple of years ago :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    I agree @Frogprincess_q. Sims 2 had a nice AI and personality system in general. Having different individual personality types would help make my families feel more alive and less robotic. I loved the aspiration fails too. I mean I can kind of make them more unique with the kid and teen options of having different aspects of being good and bad with the Parenthood pack, but emotional preferences and likes and dislikes are still needed. I hope that with the cats and dogs pack each Sims has a preference of liking dogs or cats or both too. I just like the family members each being unique. Makes it feel more realistic that way.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    This thread has fallen off the first page :(

But as @Scobre said I actually liked the aspirations I TS2 and they where a good move for the series :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    For creating a sim, Sims 2 had the best AI for doing so. I liked how you could have turn offs and turn ons, were influenced by your star sign (zodiac sign), had your love life influenced by the same star sign. It made for fun and unique sims. I also liked how your sim could complete more than one life aspiration and get "credit" for it when they died. With so few traits in Sims 4, they all kind of end up the same.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    I still want a complete school pack too so my simlings can go to preschool, grade school, high school, and university on lots. I do like the Go to School mod, but I really want to see if the Gurus can pull it off for the Sims 4 too.
  • Options
    @Scobre I have been asking for something like that for years.

In fact as far back as 1999 I was talking to someone about a 'Sim School' type game and after all these years that would be a dream come true!

The. Lowest game to that was actually a game called School Tycoon which was just a disappointment :(
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    I like the Sims 2 aspirations to a point, but I don't like that you can't choose the narrower goal. For example when you choose family, you can't choose if they want a big family or let's say raise puppies and kittens. I also think the aspirations are a bit too much, for example family = 6 children...why not three??? I prefer Sims 3 aspirations, but with Sims 2 wants and fears.
  • Options
    There is something that can be said for a combination of Sims 2, 3 and 4.
  • Options
    FaridahFaridah Posts: 171 Member

Hi everyone :)
    I wasn't here for a very lomg time, because my PC broke :'(:'(:'( Now my aunt gave me her old notebook, but it's impossible to play sims on it.
    On the good side, I could rescue the hard disk, so all my families and sims are save. On the other side, I think it going to take a while, until I will be able to buy a new PC, because I want to (need to) move into a new apartment, so I have to keep my money together.
    So until then, I try the console version. Hope, I can take it without MCC.... :s Well, but without sims.... no, it was already to long. Need my sims back ! :p

Lots of love to you all and have a nice weekend <3
    opxgs7vn.jpg
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    Been playing the Sims 3 a lot more lately and wanted to share this classic image. Yes its the burritos baby but I miss how babies weren't objects and they could enjoy their time in the baby swing and fall asleep.
    XTG1xaL.jpg
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    Yeah the babies still being objects bother me too. I mean it does provide interesting scenarios with MOO cheat, but I was hoping that they would get free from their prison this iteration soon.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    they still might
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    I still want a complete school pack too so my simlings can go to preschool, grade school, high school, and university on lots. I do like the Go to School mod, but I really want to see if the Gurus can pull it off for the Sims 4 too.

I'd like a school pack that would include options for home schooling or Study from Home day like the CL Work from Home days. Send your Sim kid out to collect 3 frogs for Biology Lab or interview an elder then write an essay, then you've got the rest of the day free. That alone would add a lot of variety to the game.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options

I'd like a school pack that would include options for home schooling or Study from Home day like the CL Work from Home days. Send your Sim kid out to collect 3 frogs for Biology Lab or interview an elder then write an essay, then you've got the rest of the day free. That alone would add a lot of variety to the game.
    That would be really fun. I would love a home school option too. Great ideas.
  • Options
    ThrippaThrippa Posts: 678 Member

I like those ideas. Something like that would also have gone well with a snow day (not the frogs, but an interview essay or study at home).
  • Options
    Cool thread about changing the way babies are in the Sims 4. Some cool ideas in it, so make sure to check it out: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/926806/so-about-babies/
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,192 Member
    Well Hi everybody I been playing sims 3 a lot. Remeber the glitch neighborhood Adventureland. I have been filling the town with premium and m custom lots . Also been making a lot of families. A lot I'm mostly done is a community center for kids and teens.
    1gj4a1.jpg
    2a0godc.jpg
    rr1q86.jpg
    The last pic is my sims getting married. They already had a baby together. Now they are married and adopt two other children. The mother is a fairy, and dad is a vampire. Their baby girl is a vampire too, but the adopted children are humans.

x4f5nl.jpg
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,192 Member
    The community, I might try to upload. It has a lot of rooms and activities for your sims. It took me six hours to make all of them. It has a library, computer room, inside pool, nursery, arcade cafeteria, and etc. I might try to upload the lot after I finishing polishing it . It is made mostly from University life, Sims 3 70 s ,the 80s,90 s stuff pack, Latenight, aaand ambitions.
  • Options
    Cool! Love the family @Horrorgirl6! Keep us posted. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top