Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Show me your pets!

124...Next

Comments

• FrauSchneiderFrauSchneider Posts: 910 Member
    Another more recent one:

10610723_867480173264953_2740676645432547762_n.jpg
    tumblr_ni3qdnK1nC1shrk9ao3_540.gif
  • CarnieCarnie Posts: 1,237 Member
    @FrauSchneider
    lol@ the picture of Mamba on the Jenga blocks.
    "hey, sorry I ruined your game... but pet me"

WHY are puppies so cute?!
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    I posted this before but the thread is long lost now. I love topics like this since I love to see other people's pets. I always have been an animal lover and worked at the SPCA and a vet clinic. This was how I got my cat Bobbie.

BOBBIE
    This was my pretty little girl, Bobbie!

Bobbie-small-2_zps74a3a136.png

She was born in 1992 in Mississippi. I got her from a guy who brought her into the vet clinic to be put to sleep. Why? She was the runt of a litter of house cat/ bobcat hybrids, that he'd sell for big money. Luckily, I was working at the clinic that day. As a kennel tech. I mainly cleaned out the animal cages, and walked the dogs. I was told to take her into the back to be put to sleep later in the day. As I took her back, I felt a great sadness for her. She was just old enough to stop drinking mama cat's milk and was about to die just for being too little! Nothing else! She wasn't sick or deformed - just too little! Luckily, I was able to catch the guy and BEGGED him - tears included - if I could have her. He agreed with the condition of her being spayed.

Not only was I grateful he gave her to me, but also he was humane enough to bring her into the clinic - instead of killing her himself! I was also grateful that I was working that day, and also that I was able to catch him before he drove away!

As time went on, Bobbie ended up getting cataracts - first in her right eye then the left. Other than being blind she was still healthy. As long as I didn't re-arrange the room, she got around just fine. You almost couldn't tell that she was blind! Then in 2013, she began having problems with her breatheing. Finally, on April 18, 2013, I took her to the vet for the last time. I stayed with her, holding her paw as the veternarian put her to sleep.

Today, her grave is at my older sister's house, but unfortunately, I'm unable to visit much due to the distance now. It's hard to lose someone who's been with you for so long. She's been gone for about a year now, but I still have "Bobbie moments" when I think of her and cry. She may not be in my arms, but she will always be in my heart.

Bobbie - R.I.P. April 18, 2013
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!