Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mindfulness - 5 Senses Game

JuanaJuana Posts: 840 Member
So I had a friend who taught me a game to deal with anxiety and bring you to the here&now when you're focused/stressed about something else.
It's something that I've found really helpful - it's also a great way to pass the time.
- Okay, so let's play:

5 Things You See
4 Things You Feel
3 Things You Hear
2 Things You Taste
1 Thing You Smell

I couldn't remember exactly what order it goes in - adjust it to what's easiest for you

Comments

• Options
    JuanaJuana Posts: 840 Member
    edited November 2014
    5 things I see: sunglaasses wrapped in a receipt, Announcements marquee on my work's internal website, Green alarm light, tangled up headphones, scratches in the paint
    4 things I feel: cold in my fingers, my hair pulled back kind of tight, this keyboard, sleepy powder in my eye
    3 things I hear: the humming of the server room, the sound of me typing, my co-worker flipping pages in her book
    2 things I taste: coffee, the caps on my teeth
    1 thing I smell: my sweater smells fruity
  • Options
    MrGodardMrGodard Posts: 713 Member
    That's a really tough game for a lazy Saturday, ooh my poor brain, but I will try ;)

5 things I see: Cup on my desk, 7 open browser windows, my neighbors across the street sitting in their kitchen, my phone, Aspirin.
    4 things I feel: Scarf around my neck, uncomfortable "home glasses" on my nose, my slightly itchy winter sweater, warmth of my wool socks
    3 things I hear: The traffic outside, people on the street talking, new Röyksopp album playing on my computer
    2 things I taste: Coffee and... (well, it's like the title of a Jim Jarmusch movie, I'm not going to say it)
    1 thing I smell: fumée
  • Options
    HanskuHansku Posts: 1,735 Member
    5 Things I See: My bag in the middle of the room & a cat sleeping on it, one Matryoshka doll, A picture frame with two drawings I made of myself when I was three and five, set of different glasses.
    4 Things I Feel: A carpet, warm floor, comfy pillow, a hoodie which is making me feel itchy.
    3 Things I Hear: Water flowing in pipes, refrigerator's buzzing, cat's snoring.
    2 Things I Taste: Blueberry sour milk and a gouda cheese breadroll.
    1 Thing I Smell: Cupcakes
    AlA2dUe.gif
    finnish | ♀ | ♓ | intp
  • Options
    rbridges430rbridges430 Posts: 2,675 Member
    5 things I see: my purple blanket, my phone I'm typing on, the light above my head, my Marilyn Monroe portray, & my laptop running ts2

4 things I feel: my tummy rumbling, the cold draft from my windows, my blanket keeping me warm, & my feet rubbing together

3 things I hear; my tv, laptop humming, and my manicured tails tapping the keyboard

2 things I taste: the energy drink im sipping & my lips from running my tongue across them.

1 thing I smell: my perfume though my nose is stuffed lol