Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Few Little Forum Questions

MegandtheMoonMegandtheMoon Posts: 1,831 Member
I'm curious! What does the promote button actually do?

And how do I change from en_US to en_GB on my wall? I'm in the UK but I was assigned US roles for some reason...

That's all for now!
tumblr_nh3ivhx9ob1rs61ydo1_500.gif

Comments

• Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    nothing and im not sure .
  • MrGodardMrGodard Posts: 713 Member
    And how do I change from en_US to en_GB on my wall? I'm in the UK but I was assigned US roles for some reason...

Hmmm I was wondering about that too, and I have actually no idea, so I'm just speculating - could it be that this has something to do with the Origin client language? After all, we're using Origin to log onto the forums... hmmm

Screen_Shot_2014_11_22_at_4_00_12_AM.png
  • MegandtheMoonMegandtheMoon Posts: 1,831 Member
    SelenaGrey wrote: »
    Promote happens when a guru likes or lols at something you've posted. It doesn't do anything, it's just a counter.

I'm not sure how to change your role, sorry.

Ah, that's actually cooler than my theory. I thought it was, like, a way to promote your wall... Like advertising... Lol.
    MrGodard wrote: »

Hmmm I was wondering about that too, and I have actually no idea, so I'm just speculating - could it be that this has something to do with the Origin client language? After all, we're using Origin to log onto the forums... hmmm

Screen_Shot_2014_11_22_at_4_00_12_AM.png

That's a good theory actually! I'll try that later and let you know how I get on. Thanks!
    Hey @MrGodard just to let you know that I checked my language settings in Origin to see if that might affect my profile here, but I was already set up for English GB. It was a good theory though :) Thanks for the suggestion.
  • MrGodardMrGodard Posts: 713 Member
    Hey @MrGodard just to let you know that I checked my language settings in Origin to see if that might affect my profile here, but I was already set up for English GB. It was a good theory though :) Thanks for the suggestion.

So the mystery remains... :o Thanks a lot for letting me know! :)