Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Uninstalling Sims 3

No, I've not decided to get Sims 4 (I likely never would).

I'm uninstalling because this is probably the best thing to do for my general health.

This started out fun, and I met a lot of amazing people because of it, but now this has become an addiction for me. And not a good addiction.

Though I am curious:

Any Sims I've created that have EP/SPs on them, if I decide to reinstall the game, say, a year or two from now, and I don't have certain EPs/SPs that were used to create them/their outfits, what will that do? Will it prevent me from downloading the Sim at all?

And if I uninstall the game from my laptop, will that also prevent me from logging into the Sims 3 site (I can log in through the desktop, which doesn't have the game installed)?
AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
MQ2gUyY.jpg
Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)

Comments

• InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    You'll be able to download the sim just fine, provided they are still on the Exchange, and install the Sims3Pack. Same goes for if you saved them to an external device and got them from there. This works even if you just have the base game installed. Obviously, clothing and items will be missing and replaced by base game ones, but you still have the sim underneath it all.

No it won't. I don't think that the site communicates with your computer that way. And I've logged into the Sims 3 site on loads and loads of different machines without the game installed.

Best wishes to you in the journey ahead. :)
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've been able to log in on my old computer fine when the other one went to the shop for repairs.You should just take a break and restrict how often you play if you get back into it.You can just take the Electronic Arts folder out and move it to an external hardrive to remind yourself that you're taking a break from the game or save the files to optical disks.It would mean the game would have to make a new folder if you loaded it and you'd be missing the extra content.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,921 Member
    Before u installing go to the last page of the launcher and deauthorise the computer. Then Uninstaller the games. This will preserve the number of installs you can use for any digital download versions of your content.