Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thankful for this forum.

take0nmetake0nme Posts: 3,682 Member
I like being able to stray off topic and just chat with people. Everyone ready for Turkey day? I don't really believe in the whole truth behind thanksgiving, but I do like to appreciate good food and my family and friends!
DyFJE8G.jpg
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Gallery ID : sharipants

Comments

• plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    Everyone ready for Turkey day?
    I knew it - they DO have Christmas twice.
  • take0nmetake0nme Posts: 3,682 Member
    plopppo wrote: »
    Everyone ready for Turkey day?
    I knew it - they DO have Christmas twice.

Its a Christmas miracle!
    DyFJE8G.jpg

• Bear31Bear31 Posts: 3,412 Member
    I'd like to think of it as taking a step back and realizing what you have and being thankful for it all. For me, I am thankful for my friends, family, the nice simmers I meet here, and the life within me to do something great each and every day.
    Bear31 wrote: »
    I'd like to think of it as taking a step back and realizing what you have and being thankful for it all. For me, I am thankful for my friends, family, the nice simmers I meet here, and the life within me to do something great each and every day.

Exactly! That's the way I see it too. Although I try to remember to thank and appreciate the good in my life more than just this day, its still a good reason to celebrate it.
    DyFJE8G.jpg

• KoumoriDiruKoumoriDiru Posts: 6,681 Member
    Happy Thanksgiving to you guys in the States :)
    tumblr_nvbyvezH0b1uvyu9yo8_r1_400.gif
  • Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    take0nme wrote: »
    I like being able to stray off topic and just chat with people. Everyone ready for Turkey day? I don't really believe in the whole truth behind thanksgiving, but I do like to appreciate good food and my family and friends!

I can honestly say im not ready for it . the kitchen here gets super hectic and theres no way to prepare yourself for it and its even worse at Christmas . Anyway im off to find my ammo we still need a turkey . * 🐸🐸🐸🐸 pump action 12 gauge *

I can honestly say im not ready for it . the kitchen here gets super hectic and theres no way to prepare yourself for it and its even worse at Christmas . Anyway im off to find my ammo we still need a turkey . * 🐸🐸🐸🐸 pump action 12 gauge *

Awesome, good luck!
    DyFJE8G.jpg

• katycat737katycat737 Posts: 225 Member
    I like it, but I have been assigned to make 5! pumpkin pies!! Along with a whole batch Of sugar cookies!! l love baking and all, but this too much!
    I hate eating my own bakeries, but I love making tue actual food though.

I'm still a college student and I've got an arguementative synthesis due in 5 days so it will definitely be a busy (but fun) Thanksgiving for me this year :)
    Happy Simming
  • Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    katycat737 wrote: »
    I like it, but I have been assigned to make 5! pumpkin pies!! Along with a whole batch Of sugar cookies!! l love baking and all, but this too much!
    I hate eating my own bakeries, but I love making tue actual food though.

I'm still a college student and I've got an arguementative synthesis due in 5 days so it will definitely be a busy (but fun) Thanksgiving for me this year :)

Mincemeat beats pumpkin any day of the week .
  • SpidersWebSpidersWeb Posts: 1,027 Member
    All this pie talk, now I'm going to go get a steak and cheese pie for lunch (1PM here).

I'm actually like this with Christmas as well, as are our families. So on some occasions we've actaully ended up moving the date some years - because the day isn't important to us but rather what happens on the day. We don't have Thanksgiving here, but Christmas Day would be our equivilent (with gifts).
    Performance, Price, Portability - pick two.
  • GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    I gotta work. I don't need a special day to eat.
  • sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    We're going to my mom and dad's which is 6 hours from here. I will make a couple of sides when I get there. My sister's husband owns a meat locker so they always smoke the turkey and it's really good! I work at one of the schools in town so I have the same days off as my kids which is really cool. LOVE that!
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    What's your favorite dish, show a picture! :D
    Mine is Pernil!
    15q6bya.jpg
    SpidersWeb wrote: »
    All this pie talk, now I'm going to go get a steak and cheese pie for lunch (1PM here).

I'm actually like this with Christmas as well, as are our families. So on some occasions we've actaully ended up moving the date some years - because the day isn't important to us but rather what happens on the day. We don't have Thanksgiving here, but Christmas Day would be our equivilent (with gifts).

I had a slice of pumpkin pie with whipped cream just earlier after making this thread. Made my day!
    Right you are free to choose what day after all its a made up holiday after all :D
    DyFJE8G.jpg

We're going to my mom and dad's which is 6 hours from here. I will make a couple of sides when I get there. My sister's husband owns a meat locker so they always smoke the turkey and it's really good! I work at one of the schools in town so I have the same days off as my kids which is really cool. LOVE that!

Working in the education field has its perks! That sounds very lovely, I want turkey now :D
    DyFJE8G.jpg

mlnov39 wrote: »
    What's your favorite dish, show a picture! :D
    Mine is Pernil!
    15q6bya.jpg
    Green bean casserole
    1ymt79.jpg
    And cranberry relish with Turkey
    nzfwj7.jpg
    DyFJE8G.jpg

I've never had green bean casserole. Looks good!
  • CynthieeCynthiee Posts: 47 Member
    My country have no Thanksgiving :'(

Wishes for you have happy day with friends and family... and great FOOD! :)
  • cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    SelenaGrey wrote: »
    This thread made me fat.

*Waddles out*

Or roll out

Autobots...
    TL8ZBmw.gif
  • goofygoober25goofygoober25 Posts: 149 Member
    My family makes ham along with the turkey, and the ham is honey glazed and much better than the turkey.
    My family makes ham along with the turkey, and the ham is honey glazed and much better than the turkey.

My mom makes an amazing turkey, but I'm partial to the pork.

• jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    I'm ready for turkey day. It'll be my second thanksgiving related meal, my first was last night as a good friend of mine who is an amazing cook already did her "pretty much annual" Thanksgiving dinner, the week before as usual to avoid holiday conflicts. I ate so much I can barely move today. :p
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.