Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to get skinny?

I made a sim who is sort of skinny but has a big belly and butt. If I work out will I lose the belly and butt, will she get skinny all over? Or the skinniest she can be is the figure I made in CAS at beginning?
Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)

Comments

• LovelyMelodyLovelyMelody Posts: 896 Member
    edited November 2014
    I think the skinniest she can get is what you made in CAS.

You can change it through cheating if that's something you're comfortable with.

I'm guessing what you do in CAS where you pull and drag their body around is considered "genetics" and not "I'm fat because I eat bad food" sort of like how some people are naturally more petite than others.

edit: Tired and not sure if I'm making sense.

What I mean to say is I think you can only lose weight gained by dragging the weight slider up or down. If you drag her belly out using your mouse like you could do to her nose or thighs etc it's simply genetics.

I should get something to eat >.<
    Strawberry_Shortcake_Commision_by_sugarlette.gif <~ my weakness.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,860 Member
    I'm finding when I do the cardio on the treadmill is when the weight is lost. Working out on the other machines just helps to build muscle. As far as the specific areas I am not sure because so far my Sims have stayed proportioned through their whole bodies. I read somewhere that genetics can have a play though, if your sim has always had a big butt it may continue to stay that way somehow. I'd think the belly may be less likely though.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • SpidersWebSpidersWeb Posts: 1,027 Member
    testingcheats true
    cas.fulleditmode
    Enter CAS, move body slider :)

It is cheating, but looks like the only way to change your sim in this case.
    Performance, Price, Portability - pick two.
  • Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    You can try the insta slim potion . I dont know if that will help dat azz though
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    ok thanks guys. I don't wanna cheat. But I'll try the potion. ;)
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,860 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »

It's not cheating if it's in the game! :p;)
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    jcp011c2 wrote: »

It's not cheating if it's in the game! :p;)

So an exploit then .
  • DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited November 2014
    I don’t think any amount of exercise will affect physical features you’ve given your sim in CAS. It’s possible to pull out a sim’s stomach and butt and it looks like it’s completely independent of the weight slider so unfortunately I think those features are going to be there to stay.

Unless the weight slider was at it’s lowest in CAS it is possible for your sim to get thinner though, but it won't override those features.
  • IgnitedTobi1IgnitedTobi1 Posts: 926 Member
    My sims lose weight via the treadmill.
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    My sims lost weight doing laps in the pool
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I can't make sims to skinny the skin I have it makes it looked like they are under fed it shows bones.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • jenatrujenatru Posts: 42 Member
    I've had a sim who had a big butt (I have no idea where she got it from, neither parents had it), and it didn't shrink as much as the rest of her when I had her work out more.
  • ImNoComedianImNoComedian Posts: 886 Member
    I made a sim who is sort of skinny but has a big belly and butt. If I work out will I lose the belly and butt, will she get skinny all over? Or the skinniest she can be is the figure I made in CAS at beginning?

No, I had a sim run in the treadmill everyday for several hours and she still couldn't get rid of her potbelly.
  • jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    There is a slider for weight. However, the sim's body shape itself will not change. If a sim with a weight slider all the way to the bottom has wide hips, no amount of exercise will change it. Same thing with other, expanded body parts. They will adjust with the weight slider but once you've hit the bottom there is nothing you can do besides cas.fulleditmode -- which you can always use just to check where the weight slider is at if you do not want to actually use it to see if any weight can actually be lost.

Also, the insta-slim potion will bring the weight slider all the way down. That will bring you to the skinniest that specific sim can be.
  • ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    As far as the specific areas I am not sure because so far my Sims have stayed proportioned through their whole bodies.

I've seen a couple of Let's Plays on YouTube and while the Sims do lose weight, they still remain proportional to their original forms. For instance, the one Sim with big thighs had less thighs but she lost weight from all over as well, so the form was basically the same only smaller.