Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The world is running out of chocolate!

Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
My first intentionally off topic thread... And a dramatic one.

So according to big chocolate producing gods, there is such a demand that it is possible supplies might go down, and we might not be able to buy it as easily or as cheap by 2020.
I know some of you might be taking this hard... But we must get through this somehow.
*sobs in corner*
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/retailandconsumer/11236558/Dont-panic-but-we-could-be-running-out-of-chocolate.html
Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock

Comments

• jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,860 Member
    hqdefault.jpg
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    read it while eating a lindt dark strawberry bar

hiccup.
    TL8ZBmw.gif
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Good bye world...
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I confess, I am part of the reason they are running out :(
  • Nh6650Nh6650 Posts: 7,885 Member
    I might have contributed to the shortage. :'(
  • Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    May go ordering £1000 worth of chocolate and storing it in a bunker.
  • Nh6650Nh6650 Posts: 7,885 Member

Good idea. I should do the same. First of all, let me go find a thousand pounds. B)
  • SimGuruBChickSimGuruBChick Posts: 1,013 SimGuru (retired)
    Nooooooooooooooooo!
    SimGuruBChick
    Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations
    Thanks to 06bon06 for my lovely new signature pic

p8sfgs0mgkwd.jpg
  • MrGodardMrGodard Posts: 713 Member
    I'll emigrate to...
    tumblr_n2kphwIFhg1somw7ho3_250.gif
  • John_CitronJohn_Citron Posts: 140 Member
    I read that too, but how much of this is really sensational news to get attention. What can the farmers do other than plant more trees and hope the blight is over? Besides, I wonder too if this isn't an excuse to raise the price of cocoa just like they do with gasoline every summer and just around the holidays.

John
  • Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    I read that too, but how much of this is really sensational news to get attention. What can the farmers do other than plant more trees and hope the blight is over? Besides, I wonder too if this isn't an excuse to raise the price of cocoa just like they do with gasoline every summer and just around the holidays.

John

Well if cocoa has done the thing (demand exceeded production), then most likely chocolate will get more expensive :(
  • BobTheLlamaBobTheLlama Posts: 192 Member
    Thank God I switched to tofu chocolate years ago... :blush:
  • Sue_D_NimSue_D_Nim Posts: 2,553 Member
    Thank God I switched to tofu chocolate years ago... :blush:
    I feel a little sick now.
  • plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    What about cheeseburgers - any looming threat?
  • GigiK500GigiK500 Posts: 73 Member
    I don't really liek chocolate
  • AnnePlaysAnnePlays Posts: 2,504 Member
    edited November 2014
    Strawberry is the new chocolate. :blush:
    muscle_gumball_by_vanillycake-d4a9ida.png
  • colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    *heads down to a bomb shelter full of aisles and aisles of chocolate*

*eats chocolate bar*

*locks up bomb shelter*

*covers bomb shelter with leaves for a disguise*

*walks away*
  • Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    Thank God I stopped eating sugar, and chocolate 2 years ago. Not something I have to worry about unless my fellow hormonal females don't get their chocolate fix. People lock your doors and keep your children indoors if this happens.
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    I refuse to lose chocolate. I've been slowly cutting junk out of my diet or reducing how much of it I have, but chocolate is one thing I won't ever give up on or even cut back on. I will figure out a way to save chocolate. I don't know how yet, but I will find a way, because nobody and nothing will take chocolate away from me. But for now I'm just going to hoard as much chocolate as possible.

Seriously though, I think I've heard his about many different things in my life and it all seems to work out in the end. So I'll believe it when it happens, otherwise I don't believe it. I mean I'd be devastated if it happens but I honestly doubt it will.
  • Kaike78Kaike78 Posts: 414 Member
    I remember reading about this a few years ago and it sent people in a weird panic and there was a sales boost for chocolates. It will be fine.
    "Yes: I am a dreamer. For a dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world."

-Oscar Wilde

• goofygoober25goofygoober25 Posts: 149 Member
    I can't have chocolate anymore :( but if I could I would be shocked and appalled and go cry profusely in a corner.
  • cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    I can't have chocolate anymore :( but if I could I would be shocked and appalled and go cry profusely in a corner.

tumblr_m6g41yMf9o1qcrmlmo1_500.gif
    TL8ZBmw.gif
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,389 Member
    edited November 2014
    Nh6650 wrote: »

Good idea. I should do the same. First of all, let me go find a thousand pounds. B)

Just make sure your bunker isn't hot or it will melt.

I'm a chocoholic myself. My weakness is Reece s Penutbutter Cups and Hershy Bars.
  • DemetriDemetri Posts: 48 Member
    These companies need to be better to the earth :(
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Nh6650 wrote: »

Just make sure your bunker isn't hot or it will melt.

I'm a chocoholic myself. My weakness is Reece s Penutbutter Cups and Hershy Bars.

I always have my Reesce PB Cups............everyday........keep a bag of them next to the computer.........cant go without them!