[Also posted on MTS.]
There was just something missing with the original challenge, so I've altered it some to have an Animal Crossing feel. (Note: You certainly do not have to have played any of the Animal Crossing games to play this.)
The goal of the challenge is to fill your empty museum with every collectible there is to find (not including plants), make friends with your neighbors, and upgrade your house into a mansion (house worth at least 100,000).
This can be played as a legacy or with a single sim.
Your sim has just left home, off to start their new life as a young adult, out in the real world. Their friends were telling them about this great town, but once your sim arrives they find that it's almost empty. There aren't any neighbors anywhere! It's a nice enough place, but where is everyone?
After speaking with the mayor, your sim learns that recently, all of the sims have moved away from the small town and to the city. They still come back to visit and there are sims passing through, but none of them are staying. He asks you to help him rebuild the town. In exchange, he gives you a small house to live in. Before rushing off, he also mentions something about an empty museum.
1. Your sims are not allowed to get jobs. All money has to be made by selling paintings, fruits and flowers, writing books, selling duplicate collectibles, basically anything that isn't an actual career.
2. Make sure Fill Empty Homes is turned OFF.
3. Married sims or moved in sims are NOT allowed to bring in any money.
4. Sims may only move in ONE friend/spouse. If they move in a friend and then later marry another sim, that friend has to move out. You may only have two adults max at a time.
5. Only one sim per generation is allowed to collect. Other sims in that generation may help around the house, but are not allowed to collect anything.
5. Sims can have as many children as they want, but only one is allowed to be the heir. The player can choose who the heir will be and all other children are not allowed to contribute in any way. Once they become young adults, they must be moved out. (If you're playing single generation, no children are allowed to collect or contribute.)
6. You can only have 10 neighbors. Once the tenth neighbor is moved in, your sim may not befriend any new sims for the purpose of moving them into a house without moving another sim out first. (Families count as single neighbors.)
7. You will need to build a new museum, or download the one I have made, to have room for everything. You should be able to find mine in the gallery, called Sim Crossing Museum. (I have not tested to make sure everything fits, so some minor adjusted may need to be made.)
• Make a single sim. They can have any aspiration and traits you want, or you can random roll to make things more interesting.
• Move your sim to any empty lot and give them a 5 x 5 square room with a door, two windows, basic wall covering, cheap carpet, siding, a roof, and nothing else.
• Cheat away ALL remaining simoleons.
• Start collecting! The only way to make money to expand and furnish your home is to find and sell collectibles. You can sell any collectibles you want, just remember to put some in the museum, too.
• Make friends! To move sims into neighboring houses, you must become friends with them first.
• Bulldoze all residential lots and build/import new houses when a new sim moves in.
COLLECTIONS NEED FOR COMPLETION:
• Frogs: 25
• Fish: 22
• Crystals: 20
• Metals: 20
• Elements: 15
• Postcards: 14
• Fossils: 16
• Microscope Prints: 12
• Space Prints: 15
• Aliens: 10
• Space Rocks: 5
• MySim Trophies: 20
• Masterpieces: at least 10
• Optional - Plaques: 12 (not counting gardening plaque)
And that's it! It's pretty simple and I'm still on my first generation, so I don't actually know how it will play out. There's probably room for improvement and I encourage anyone to make suggestions to better this challenge. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
Also, feel free to post pictures and share your progress in this thread. :D I will be recording my legacy (and other legacies) on my simblr: strawberryhousesims