Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

People are more like Sims than the other way around!

I did a few errands today, including buying a new mouse at BestBuy. There was a crowd of people at the stores, being a dreary wintery, cold Sunday afternoon. The fun part of shopping, of course, is people watching, and I've come to the conclusion that people are more like Sims than the other way around. They moved about, what appeared to be randomly, and at one point I expected someone to put a baby down on the floor, or go off and wash their dishes in the bathroom.

As I was watching them congregate in small groups, I swear I could see their thought balloons pop up. With the constant hubbub of conversation, stereo noise, and ambient sounds, I thought I heard Simlish instead of real language.

It was quite amusing and made for a fun afternoon.

Comments

• EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    I think someone played a bit too much Sims.....
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    and then I found out, that my sims, were actually playing me
    TL8ZBmw.gif
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    The same thing happened to me when the Sims 2 came out. Suddenly, everyone turned into a sim. I've been fine since then. Now they mostly remind me of herd animals with the odd stray coyote.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • ShuushiiShuushii Posts: 745 Member
    edited November 2014
    Sometimes when I drive around I see neighborhoods that reminded me of Sims.
    Then I realize I need to take a break from playing because I might just be losing it.
    codxHiZ.jpg
    Disclaimer: He or Him! Not a girl!
  • EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    ic4.jpg
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • John_CitronJohn_Citron Posts: 140 Member
    > @kremesch73 said:
    > The same thing happened to me when the Sims 2 came out. Suddenly, everyone turned into a sim. I've been fine since then. Now they mostly remind me of herd animals with the odd stray coyote.

I'll have another thread regarding this coming soon(tm). I sometimes think that some people remind me of bugs and animals. I must be weird, or maybe wait I am weird! :smile:

I noticed this too when I first played Sims 2, when I could see my neighbors across the street from me acting very similar to a household I had made. Too funny!
  • John_CitronJohn_Citron Posts: 140 Member
    > @EasyToRead said:
    > I think someone played a bit too much Sims.....

Yeah, perhaps. I've played it off and on, starting with Sims 1, and just got Sims 4 last week so I've been really into it for the past few days.

I noticed this before when I was talking with a Trainzer buddy of mine. He and I were conversing on the phone while his wife was watching TV. The TV in the background sounded like one of the TV channels on the Sims' TV. Rather amusing, and funny. :smiley:
  • munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member

giphy.gif
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    I'll have another thread regarding this coming soon(tm). I sometimes think that some people remind me of bugs and animals. I must be weird, or maybe wait I am weird! :smile:

I noticed this too when I first played Sims 2, when I could see my neighbors across the street from me acting very similar to a household I had made. Too funny!

I don't think it's weird at all. People may have the ability to troubleshoot, but so do crows.

What's really weird is that 'i' doesn't come before the 'e' in the word 'weird'.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I knew I was being played in The Sims the moment I walked into a room and forgot what I went in for. My player cancelled my interaction and made me clean the bath instead :-(
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • CowPlantForHireCowPlantForHire Posts: 6,002 Member
    It's good that you guys finally admit that you're Sims. Now, go clean your filthy homes! :p
    tumblr_msl1pmMPdd1sho68to1_400.gif
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,860 Member
    I don't know if it's true everywhere in real life, but Wal-Mart certainly reminds me of a Sims game. Routing issues, children being unsupervised and left lying on the floor, people just stopping in the middle of going somewhere to decide to do something else.....
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • katycat737katycat737 Posts: 225 Member
    Once, I tried to act like a Sim and my friend told me I was acting too robotic so I stopped.
    Happy Simming
  • goofygoober25goofygoober25 Posts: 149 Member
    > @kremesch73 said:<br />
    > The same thing happened to me when the Sims 2 came out. Suddenly, everyone turned into a sim. I've been fine since then. Now they mostly remind me of herd animals with the odd stray coyote.<br />
    <br />
    I'll have another thread regarding this coming soon(tm). I sometimes think that some people remind me of bugs and animals. I must be weird, or maybe wait I am weird! :smile: <br />
    <br />

OMG I do this too! I thought I was the only one! I see people and automatically associate them with some kind of animal. Whew, and I thought I had something severely wrong with me!

• ImNoComedianImNoComedian Posts: 886 Member
    I did a few errands today, including buying a new mouse at BestBuy. There was a crowd of people at the stores, being a dreary wintery, cold Sunday afternoon. The fun part of shopping, of course, is people watching, and I've come to the conclusion that people are more like Sims than the other way around. They moved about, what appeared to be randomly, and at one point I expected someone to put a baby down on the floor, or go off and wash their dishes in the bathroom.<br />
    <br />
    As I was watching them congregate in small groups, I swear I could see their thought balloons pop up. With the constant hubbub of conversation, stereo noise, and ambient sounds, I thought I heard Simlish instead of real language.<br />
    <br />
    It was quite amusing and made for a fun afternoon.

lol
    you had far too many hours of gameplay
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    I don't know if it's true everywhere in real life, but Wal-Mart certainly reminds me of a Sims game. Routing issues, children being unsupervised and left lying on the floor, people just stopping in the middle of going somewhere to decide to do something else.....

sounds like Tesco in the UK
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg