Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

◊ᴥᴥ◊ NEEDS PARTICIPANTS ◊ᴥᴥ◊ "Just As Good" Holiday Gifts ◊ Help a Fellow Simmer! ◊ᴥᴥ◊ NO CC! ◊ᴥᴥ◊

Alpal425Alpal425 Posts: 198 Member
edited November 2014 in The Sims 3 Store Gifting
SEX6ifB.png

Hello there, fellow Simmers! :D
If you some-what pay attention to the calender, it is nearing Thanksgiving. Not Christmas or Hanuka (for you lucky Jewish kids who get presents everyday) yet. Well, I don't care! We are having a gifting thing! :DBut remember, you must read everything below before replying. If I catch you not, I will have your head- I mean, I will delete your post!

◊ᴥᴥ◊ᴥᴥ◊ᴥᴥ◊ᴥᴥ◊ᴥᴥ◊

What is this?
Pretty much, this is a homemade-gifting-event-thread-thing. Someone will be able to post a letter (format/application below), and I will add it to "The Mighty Directory" and others will see it. This is not SimPoint-bought items for your hungry wishlist. You can put houses, clothes, or whatever is player-made (besides CC) on your letter.

◊ᴥᴥ◊ᴥᴥ◊ᴥᴥ◊ᴥᴥ◊ᴥᴥ◊

Letter Format
Okay, you can make it however you like, customize the example below, or start from scratch, but it must include all things in the bold in order for it to get on the directory. I will try to add everyone as quickly as I can!

Hi there, Simming Community!
I am ___________, and I have a (BIG OR SMALL?) wishlist! I have the following expansion packs and stuff packs..
???
WISHLIST:
House or Cottage (REMEMBER TO ADD A DESCRIPTION OF WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR)
Community Lot Buildings
Sim/Animal Sim
Clothing Item (REMEMBER NO CC!)
Pattern
World (don't ask for much for it unless the gifter insists because this is a huge request!)

Please upload it to the exchange only! I cannot wait for the holidays to come and neither can my sims! :)I personally thank you if you help me out, and happy Simming + holidays!

◊ᴥᴥ◊ᴥᴥ◊ᴥᴥ◊ᴥᴥ◊ᴥᴥ◊

Response Format
Now for those who are going to give the gift, this is format is for you! :)Use only exchange links, and if you are a "New Member" rank on this site, just leave the "https://" off the link to write a url! :D I also thank you if you participate in gifting these homemade gifts! Please remember you can send them anytime through 11/14/14 (the day I made this thread) and 12/26/14 (the day after Christmas for belated gifts and you can make the response however you like, customize the example below, or start from scratch, but it must include all things in the bold! :)

Hello, (the gift reciever)!
I decided to give you the (item) on your wishlist! I worked very hard on the (item) so I hope you enjoy! Here is the link:
(link)
Happy holidays and simming!

◊ᴥᴥ◊ᴥᴥ◊ᴥᴥ◊ᴥᴥ◊ᴥᴥ◊

◊ᴥᴥ◊ Simmers hand-in-hand! ◊ᴥᴥ◊

The Mighty Directory
@Alpal425 - Letter - Response (No response yet! :()

thedoctor.gif
Post edited by Alpal425 on

Comments

• Alpal425Alpal425 Posts: 198 Member
    edited November 2014
    Hi guys! :)
    I am Alpal425 (also the original poster of this thread), and I have a one item wishlist! I decided to start the letters because I need a cottage! ;)I have the following expansion packs and stuff packs..
    High-End Loft Stuff Pack
    Late Night Expansion Pack
    University Life Expansion Pack
    Pets Expansion Pack

Please do not use any store content or any stuff from any expansion packs or stuff packs except from the ones listed above. :)

WISHLIST:
    A Family Home

I would like it to feel like a home, not a house. Lots of paintings but room for pitcures, and a must-have is a long hallway with no paintings so I can add a wall of family portraits! A house is bland windows and white (or something along those lines). I want it to feel like it's 10 years old, not brand-new, ya know? Pastel colors are perfect, and the budget is 50-75k Simoleons. I know that might seem like a not a lot of EP and SP stuff to work with, but if you can make a base-game only family home, this is pretty much the same but with a couple added EPs. And because I'm nice, I will let you use the "Contemporary Living" set from the store simply because it does add a couple items for you to use! NO OTHER STORE ITEMS! (It's like the only set I have. I do have the "Date Night" clothing set though. Got it free when I registered my Sims 3 starter pack! TY EA!)

Please upload it to the exchange only! I cannot wait for the holidays to come and neither can my sims! :) I personally thank you very, VERY much if you help me out, and happy Simming + holidays! :D

EDIT - I changed my Cottage Starter request to a Family Home! :)
    Post edited by Alpal425 on
    thedoctor.gif
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    I like the idea. I always ask for a story myself... a simple story... starting out, chosing a career, developing an attraction, balancing work and play. I'm very easy to please. I think a cottage with no store items would be a great challenge. I do have a program from MTS (modthesims) that lets me pick the EPs and SPs that are shown, so I can taylor a build to specific requirements more easily. I look at houseplans.com and other sites to find a style and possible layout to follow. I love starters! So much easier to CASt! And then you have the challenge of expanding them later. Good luck with your gift exchange.
    ciane wrote: »
    I like the idea. I always ask for a story myself... a simple story... starting out, chosing a career, developing an attraction, balancing work and play. I'm very easy to please. I think a cottage with no store items would be a great challenge. I do have a program from MTS (modthesims) that lets me pick the EPs and SPs that are shown, so I can taylor a build to specific requirements more easily. I look at houseplans.com and other sites to find a style and possible layout to follow. I love starters! So much easier to CASt! And then you have the challenge of expanding them later. Good luck with your gift exchange.

Thank you! :)

thedoctor.gif
  • brandi22brandi22 Posts: 3,949 Member
    edited November 2014
    Good luck with your homemade gift exchange! :blush: This is a very nice idea and it's nice how everyone can just drop by and make/submit a gift for anyone they choose. If I have any time I will pop by to help. Merry Simming! :mrgreen:
    My Wishlist on Origin:
    https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/view-wishlist/koYQDL6TzKT18Z3EiX.RDw--
    To see my Sims, Builds, etc Click "My Studio":
    MY STUDIO
    brandi22 wrote: »
    Good luck with your homemade gift exchange! :blush: This is a very nice idea and it's nice how everyone can just drop by and make/submit a gift for anyone they choose. If I have any time I will pop by to help. Merry Simming! :mrgreen:

Thank you! :D I hope you do!!
    thedoctor.gif