Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No Longer Able to Clean Filthy Toilets

Just noticed that my sims are no longer able to clean filthy toilets. It has happen on 3 different lots with 2 different toilets. Queing a female sim to clean it results in her waving her had and showing the "something in the way" bubble. Queing a male to clean it and he pees, washes his hands and if you que him again he will do the same thing all over again, even though his bladder is empty. Replacing the toilet is the only way to "fix" the issue. No one will clean them. Had no problem prior to the pool patch. Anyone else having this issue???

kim :\

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
Abraham Lincoln

Comments

• TrickTrick Posts: 1,538 Member
    edited November 2014
    I've just started having this one myself. It was never a problem before, expect for the rare "pregnant sim barfed in it" issue, but now I can't seem to clean them.

Actually, it's not that I can't clean toilets... to be more precise, I can't flush them. That also prevents cleaning, since they flush first. If I do get a sim to try to flush, he/she pees instead.

I know I'm seeing it on the cheapest toilets. Haven't tried the more expensive ones yet.

Before anyone asks -- no, I have no mods installed.
    banner-onlysims-800x140-1.png
    Because Geeks Really Do Have More Fun
  • BamajamBamajam Posts: 812 Member
    edited November 2014
    lately, in my game, the sims use the toilet but wont flush it afterwards (none of them will). But the next sim to use the toilet will flush before using but, again, won't flush afterwards

this problem seems to have fixed itself in my game. Sims are starting to flush after using toilet now.
    Post edited by Bamajam on
  • LynarielaLynariela Posts: 3,297 Member
    I just had something somewhat similar. My current sim is pregnant, so as part of that, got a case of morning sickness. She scrubbed... and scrubbed... and scrubbed, trying to clean up her mess. After about an hour, having her stop, having someone else try and getting the same results, I used the testingcheats true cheat, shift-clicked to set the object to its clean state, and I'm keeping an eye on it to see if it happens again.
    Twitter, Twitch, and Gallery ID - Lynariela
    edited November 2014
    I just had something somewhat similar. My current sim is pregnant, so as part of that, got a case of morning sickness. She scrubbed... and scrubbed... and scrubbed, trying to clean up her mess. After about an hour, having her stop, having someone else try and getting the same results, I used the testingcheats true cheat, shift-clicked to set the object to its clean state, and I'm keeping an eye on it to see if it happens again.

Hi, @Trinity2oo5... that particular bug has been there since launch. Once a pregnant sim throws up in a toilet, you can pretty much count on deleting it if you don't use a cheat to handle it.

There seems to be a new glitch, though, at least in my game. Are you able to use the "Flush" interaction on toilets? Mine doesn't work.
    I'll try it. I've been able to clean the toilets before after she's gotten sick though, which is why this is the first time I've noticed it. (She's on the third pregnancy, so it's the same sim, same toilet I'm trying this with.) My sims seems to all always flush the toilet when they're done, but I'll try and catch them in the act or something to see.
  • sohfoxsohfox Posts: 255 Member
    yeah this has happened to me as well, my sims will turn around to flush, the action will just stop and then they stand around, hah. however guests can flush the toilet, even clean it. strange, right?
    my art http://anenfairy.deviantart.com
    My favorite sims: TS3
    edited November 2014
    @Trinity2oo5... I've been messing with this in my game and just discovered something.

I can flush and clean toilets on the first floor, but not floors above that. I hadn't noticed before because my first floor is mostly just an empty basement with no bathrooms.

The good news is I can stop buying new toilets by moving them into the "basement" floor for flushing and cleaning. The bad news is toilets are heavy.

Anyway, if you test this in your game, try it with a toilet on the 2nd floor.
    @Trick, my sims house is only a single floor (no foundation). I am able to manually flush the toilet just fine, and it's the same one I couldn't get clean before. However, I don't know if my using a cheat to clean it somehow fixed/debugged it. I'll keep testing situations as I play.
  • EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    That usually happens to me when I have Taco Bell....
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • PaulHagerPaulHager Posts: 221 Member
    > @kimjo313 said:
    > Just noticed that my sims are no longer able to clean filthy toilets. It has happen on 3 different lots with 2 different toilets. Queing a female sim to clean it results in her waving her had and showing the "something in the way" bubble. Queing a male to clean it and he pees, washes his hands and if you que him again he will do the same thing all over again, even though his bladder is empty. Replacing the toilet is the only way to "fix" the issue. No one will clean them. Had no problem prior to the pool patch. Anyone else having this issue???
    >
    > kim :\

I've had the problem perhaps 3 or 4 times BEFORE the patch - none since. Fix is to replace the toilet. A couple of times the problem was associated with a pregnant Sim throwing up.
  • KellyWhovianKellyWhovian Posts: 177 Member
    I have had having that problem also.
    I end up having to buy another toilet, which gets really annoying.
    The past couple times I have played though, I haven't had the problem.
    ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.simsnetwork.com%2Fsites%2Fsimsnetwork.com%2Ffiles%2Fnews%2F2011%2F20111008-pets-anim-3.gif&f=1
    Origin ID: kellywhovian

• John_CitronJohn_Citron Posts: 140 Member
    I just had the problem today and at the night club. There's are the toilets upstairs and one was occupied so I sent my Sim to the other stall, but he tweaked his nose indicating it was gross. I told him to clean it and he peed in it anyway.

To tell you the truth, I'd have a bit of an issue with cleaning that toilet too. It did look rather disgusting! Lol!
  • MightySparksMightySparks Posts: 80 Member
    I noticed the problem yesterday as well. One of the toilets even had the self-cleaning upgrade, but I almost wore my Sims out trying to clean them. I had to sell them and buy new ones (which isn't useful in an early legacy!).
  • Gnarl_LeeGnarl_Lee Posts: 1,014 Member
    Toilet Challenge...Break all toilets in world...what would happen then, I wonder?....if every sim had to go, but couldnt
  • xuepandaxuepanda Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello, I too am having this problem. I do not have a pregnant woman in the household. Can't flush or clean the toilet, with my sims foolishly waving her hands like something is in the way. :(
  • JupiterGirlJupiterGirl Posts: 515 Member
    Has anyone tried to hire a maid for a day to see if they can clean the toilet?
  • SpidersWebSpidersWeb Posts: 1,027 Member
    I've had weird things like this happen with other objects - fridge etc, all I did was move it/other objects nearby and it seemed to fix it up - even if it ends up back in it's original spot after shifting it. Like it resets / recalculates things in the process.

Performance, Price, Portability - pick two.
  • ferret9005ferret9005 Posts: 1,361 Member
    oh great something else to look fwd to!
  • kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member
    Has anyone tried to hire a maid for a day to see if they can clean the toilet?

I hired one and no, she could not /would not clean the toilet.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

• Eef97Eef97 Posts: 325 Member
    Do not upgrade the toilets. I was having problems as well and found not upgrading them allowed me to clean them, even with the vomit in them.
  • AndiratymeAndiratyme Posts: 728 Member
    I have not upgraded my second floor toilet. First floor one is fine but the second floor one will not allow me to clean it. Just bought the second most expensive toilet and hope that helps. Will report back later.
  • gagealuteagagealutea Posts: 126 Member
    Same issue in my game with toilets on second floor. Third floor toilets are okay.
    5.gif
  • blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    Wasn't there a fix for toliets in the last patch, something about attempting to fix a toilet on the second floor from the first floor. Think they broke it?

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/796095/october-21-patch-notes#latest

Nope, it was the shower. Still you think the fix affected the toilets now?
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    I was having that problem in one of my houses. I ended up taking the toilets outside, having the sim clean them and then putting them back. I don't know if they are still unable to clean as I play rotationally. I'm just too cheap to buy new toilets if I don't have to.
  • kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member
    edited November 2014
    I took the second floor toilet and put it on the 1st floor and still no one could flush or clean. ( No pregnant sims on the lot)Females never seem to flush the toilet.Also there is something up with the males using the toilets. they sit and do their business, wash their hands then stand and pee???? Wow, something is really screwed up.

Abraham Lincoln