Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's be friends!

xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
Let's face it, the forums can be an awfully lonely place sometimes. I was never active on the old forums so I didn't have any friends coming over to TS4. Honestly, I didn't even know people spent enough time on the forums to make actual friends. Silly me.

Now that I've been hanging out on the forums a lot more often (they're way more fun than the actual game sometimes), I've grown familiar with a lot of simmers, a lot of which I think seem like great people and always have something interesting to post. But at the same time a lot of these simmers already have cliques of friends and it can be hard or intimidating to try and fit in with them.

So, I made this thread for others who might feel the same way I do. Whether you're trying to make your first friend or just looking for new ones, you've come to the right place!

All I ask is that we please be respectful of each other. The forums are nasty enough as it is.

Any and everyone is welcome to post here, and I hope that you do :)

Comments

• cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    edited November 2014
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello :) It is nice to meet you . Happy simming! I hope you have a nice weekend :)

Your rose is too pink and your "[im g]" is showing on your signature.

<3
    TL8ZBmw.gif
  • xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    Hello :) It is nice to meet you . Happy simming! I hope you have a nice weekend :)

Hi, @rosemow! Thanks, though technically today is the last day of my "weekend". I have work Saturday and Sunday :( But I hope you have a nice weekend too!

By the way, your stickied thread in building/lots is very helpful! I check it all the time.
  • Bear31Bear31 Posts: 3,412 Member
    Hey guys!! Just thought I would intro myself.........this handle is an old one and how I wish I could change it!! But I am happy with "Bear" cause thats my nickname! Anywhoo, you all are very welcome to message me any time you like! I would also love to get to know you too!! Hope you both have a good rest of your Friday!! YAY!! :) Oh and a good weekend too.....lol!
  • mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    Hey, I'm glad to meet all of you and it's nice to see cheerful simmers for a change. :D
    Rose, thank you for mentioning the off topic area 'cause I didn't know it existed until you mentioned it in general discussions. I have somewhere new to go to now. Thank you xitneverendss for creating this topic. Hope you all have a nice weekend.
    Also, I change my avi according to holidays and seasons, so if you see my
    name don't be afraid to say hi. :)
  • xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    @Bear31 Hiiiii, no need for introductions, I've seen you around a lot lol. And @mlnov39, it's no problem really. Just trying to gather some of us like-minded simmers together! And I love your avi, owls are my favorite animal.

I'm pretty excited about the off topic section of the forum too. Now we can post about pretty much whatever we want without having to worry about our threads getting closed/deleted. I would love to get to know all three of you as well!

What has everyone been up to in their games lately? Feel free to share pictures or anything you want. I love seeing pics of other people's sims!
  • lynnbrownlynnbrown Posts: 73 Member
    I am so happy I came across your thread. I was just think this very thing. How did all these people make friends? I too have been spending more time in the forums, and even though I have been around for awhile, I didn't spend much time posting in the past. Shy I guess, and kind of afraid to say or do the wrong thing in the threads (some people seem very touchy). I have just recently had the courage to post, and even tried creating a couple of discussions. I would love to a group of Sim friends that I actually knew well. Your right, for a forum of so many people it can be a lonely place sometimes. So let me say hello, and hope you are having a wonderful day. It is very nice to met you all.
  • Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    I have been on a while, and I mostly stick to one thread in the sims 3 section, as the four section is wayyyyy to intense for my taste so I just lurk there. I wouldn't mind becoming active on here and getting to know you all on here.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    Hello @lynnbrown and @Colorist40 :) It is great to meet you! I hope that you are having a nice day!
    I have been hearing that it has been snowing and cold in many places of the world where simmers are living. I hope that if you are experiencing cold weather where you are living, that you are able to keep warm.
    Thank you @rosemow. It is chilly in my part of the world. Expecting lite snow tomorrow. Currently wrapped in a blanket with my laptop, nice and toasty. Hope the same for you.
    Hello @lynnbrown and @Colorist40 :) It is great to meet you! I hope that you are having a nice day!
    I have been hearing that it has been snowing and cold in many places of the world where simmers are living. I hope that if you are experiencing cold weather where you are living, that you are able to keep warm.

Well it is definitely cold here a balmy 21 which is bikini weather up here lol. We might get our first snow of the year tomorrow, but probably only an inch. Sigh I hate winter.

It is nice to meet you. I have seen you on the forums in different sections and you are always so kind and have such nice things to say. I hope we can get to know each other better.
  • mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    Hi everyone, just came back from watching Dumb and Dumber on TV. My son was channel surfing and came upon it. Not my choice but it made me giggle. :)
    Welcome @lynnbrown and @colorist40
    Hope you're not getting snow. It's pretty cold here in New Jersey.
    mlnov39 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, just came back from watching Dumb and Dumber on TV. My son was channel surfing and came upon it. Not my choice but it made me giggle. :)

I cringed when I saw that movie lol. Now they have number 2 out and watching the trailers makes me do the same ha ha ha.

We don't have snow yet, but will have a little by tomorrow into Sunday maybe an inch but not much more. Will be the first of the season. How about you any snow where you are?
  • MelanieSimlishMelanieSimlish Posts: 4,432 Member
    edited November 2014
    Oh god, I guess I'm supposed to think of something positive to say about myself so people will want to be my friend... Um... Well, my name is Melanie. I like books. I like music and movies and stuff... and I'm dangerously in love with cupcakes. I love dogs and cats and basically every animal on the planet, though I wish all the insects on the planet a slow and untimely death. I live in Utah and I hate the snow (great combination, right?) and while I do not play the guitar, I do own one and have been meaning to, for the past two years, pick it up and learn it. My favorite book is To Kill a Mockingbird, my favorite movie is also To Kill a Mockingbird followed by His Girl Friday, and my favorite bands/singers are Little Green Cars, The Antlers, Glass Animals, and Ellie Goulding. Plus a million others. I'm very thirsty for some water right now but I'm too lazy to go downstairs to get it, and I don't have any friends so anybody bored enough to send me a message and interact with me is more than welcome. But I'm really lame and annoying, just FYI. I think that's really all I have to say. :#
    44444.gif
    Hi @Bear31, @minov39, @colorist40, @melanieSimlish. It is very nice to met you all :)
    edited November 2014
    mlnov39 wrote: »

Very funny movie :D Not sure what is playing on my television at the moment, but I see Brad Pitt. Engrossed in having an actual conversation on the forums. Yay!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    Hello Melanie :) It is great that you like eating cupcakes. They come in all sorts of nice flavours and decorated varieties and always taste delicious! Dogs and cats are great pets to have. I dont have a dog or cat, but enjoy looking out through the windows of my home and seeing the birds that visit our garden.
    edited November 2014
    I know isn't it good to have something besides tv to talk to? lol

Welcome btw @lynnbrown & @MelanieSimlish.

@MelanieSimlish I too like the book to Kill a Mockingbird and I love the movie. Isn't Gregory Peck handsome. One of my favorite actors is Cary Grant and I like him a lot in Arsenic and Old Lace. I love Alfred Hitchc.ock movies a lot as well along with old movies. Bette Davis is my favorite old time actress and I love her in The Letter and Jezebel. I also love her in Whatever Happened to Baby Jane. I too am very boring, so we might make good friends. Cupcakes aren't something I get into, but you couldn't tell that from my waistline. I like them, but try to stay away from sweets.

Feel free to pm me if you would like. Same goes for anybody on here, or we can just interact on this thread. Either way is fine by me.
    edited November 2014
    Colorist40 wrote: »

@MelanieSimlish I too like the book to Kill a Mockingbird and I love the movie. Isn't Gregory Peck handsome. One of my favorite actors is Cary Grant and I like him a lot in Arsenic and Old Lace. I love Alfred Hitchc.ock movies a lot as well along with old movies. Bette Davis is my favorite old time actress and I love her in The Letter and Jezebel. I also love her in Whatever Happened to Baby Jane. I too am very boring, so we might make good friends. Cupcakes aren't something I get into, but you couldn't tell that from my waistline. I like them, but try to stay away from sweets.

Feel free to pm me if you would like. Same goes for anybody on here, or we can just interact on this thread. Either way is fine by me.

Love older movies too, especially musicals. One of my favorite actors is Gene Kelly. Mostly because he can sing and dance. Anytime I need a pick me up, I You Tube the iconic scene from Singing in the Rain. As far as cupcakes: love em! My daughter and I recently decided to become "bakers" after watching I don't know how many seasons of cupcake wars. Actually didn't do too bad. Cheated with a box mix for the batter, but found out we were pretty good at making flowers out of icing.
    lynnbrown wrote: »

Love older movies too, especially musicals. One of my favorite actors is Gene Kelly. Mostly because he can sing and dance. Anytime I need a pick me up, I You Tube the iconic scene from Singing in the Rain. As far as cupcake: love em! My daughter and I recently decided to become "bakers" after watching I don't know how many seasons of cupcake wars. Actually did do too bad. Cheated with box mix for the batter, but found out we were pretty good at making flowers out of icing.

I tried watching singing in the rain, and tbh I couldn't get into it. I am not a musical person myself, and don't enjoy most musicals. I make an exception for Sound of Music and the Wizard of Oz ha ha ha. Those are the only musicals I enjoy. I like watching Cake Boss the things he can do with cake batter is mind blowing lol. Yep boxed mix is about my speed when I did bake. I gave up most sweets, including soda two years ago. I am trying to eliminate bad stuff from my diet, but it is slow going. A little bit at a time. In addition to giving up sugar, I just recently stopped buying chips and I lived for chips. It was my snack of choice.

• MelanieSimlishMelanieSimlish Posts: 4,432 Member

Yes, Gregory Peck is a huge inspiration for me <3 and Cary Grant is so great too, he was too perfect with Rosalind Russell in His Girl Friday. I've been meaning to watch him in Charade with Audrey Hepburn, as well as Monkey Business with him and Ginger Rogers. They've both been in my Netflix list forever now LOL. And I've been dying to see Whatever Happened to Baby Jane, but I can't find it anywhere. Netflix needs to get it on streaming ASAP.
    44444.gif
    edited November 2014

Yes, Gregory Peck is a huge inspiration for me <3 and Cary Grant is so great too, he was too perfect with Rosalind Russell in His Girl Friday. I've been meaning to watch him in Charade with Audrey Hepburn, as well as Monkey Business with him and Ginger Rogers. They've both been in my Netflix list forever now LOL. And I've been dying to see Whatever Happened to Baby Jane, but I can't find it anywhere. Netflix needs to get it on streaming ASAP.

I don't do Netflix, I prefer discs so I ordered Whatever Happened to Baby Jane from Amazon and added it to my small library. My dad has over 1,000 dvd's from old movies, westerns, tv. series older ones and some from the eighties, mysteries, film noir and I can borrow any I want whenever I want. "grins" I love it.

I love Cary Grant, but I agree I think Gregory Peck is an inspiration. I loved him also in Cape Fear. He is so cool no matter what movie he is in. I also love Jimmy Stewart. I have the movie Harvey and he is good in that. I also like the classic universal horror movies like Frankenstein (who is my avatar by the way). At least my version of him. He is so far my favorite all time sim I have ever made. He always has that look on his face no matter what the situation in game ha ha ha.
    Okay, so I have a list of movies to watch now :) I do use Netflix. My teen daughter is into classic movies, and I love that she can see beyond what is trendy & popular. So in an attempt to bond with her, I have been on a hunt for good titles (dvd or netflix). Even tried googling top movies of different eras. Any that you suggest for her age? @MelanieSimlish & @Colorist40
  • goofygoober25goofygoober25 Posts: 149 Member
    Hi I'm goofy (I HATE this name with a passion, but my younger self could not think of anything to name my account when it was made so I just named it after an old everquest 2 account that my even younger self made after watching the first spongebob movie. Its sooo bad!) Anyways, I'm just an overgrown child at heart. I love games of any kind (board games, video games, card games etc) though video games are my favorite. I am a nerd. I read sci-fi, fantasy, historical fiction, horror and history books. I love music of any kind except rap and country, and rock is probably my favorite genera. My favorite food is literally Kraft Macaroni and Cheese. My favorite color is green. I am really into T.V. shows, especially Supernatural, Arrow, Sleepy Hollow, Constantine (so far) Gotham and Grimm. I am an extreme horror movie enthusiast and I watch all the horror movies I come across, even the bad ones because I just love them so much.

I recently became active on the forums and making some friends would be nice as I don't socialize nearly as much as I need to. Anyone feel free to PM me, it would be great!