Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Career Locked Objects.

I think the lock aspect has to be changed somehow. I hate that they're household restricted. I build a lot and I would like to use some of these objects. Also, it kind of defeats the purpose when you can just get the objects from rooms on the gallery...
Hey! Follow me on the gallery at: DawnbreakEdge

Follow my Sims 4 Blog on tumblr!: dawnbreaksims.tumblr.com/

My Showcase: Click Me!

Comments

• katelynnmcdanielkatelynnmcdaniel Posts: 304 Member
    Yeah I hate it as well so I downloaded a mod to unlock them.
  • Olivesims2Olivesims2 Posts: 362 Member
    What mod, or link would be nice too ty :)
    I get my games free using this site :) To earn gift cards
    http://www.instagc.com/115196
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member
    I think the lock aspect has to be changed somehow. I hate that they're household restricted. I build a lot and I would like to use some of these objects. Also, it kind of defeats the purpose when you can just get the objects from rooms on the gallery...

Also, when building lots, why are they locked?

I feel builders were short-changed.
    Olivesims2 wrote: »
    What mod, or link would be nice too ty :)

@Olivesims2 http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=534081 Heres the one I have.
  • SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    I agree that builders were short changed in Sims 4. Having locked objects is pretty much saying 'If you want to play Sims 4 your own individual way, forget it! We've deliberately made the game so that you have to play Sims 4 the way WE want you to play it.' Big mistake in my opinion.
  • COOLGAME8013COOLGAME8013 Posts: 3,090 Member
    I have the mod that unlocks all those "job only objects", the idea for job only items is nice in theory.. But if you show them on Build buy as buy able allow me to buy them, because it's not a "career reward" if I could go to the store and buy in the amount of promotions it took me to get them.
  • MakoSimsMakoSims Posts: 284 Member
    Isn't there a buydebug cheat or something you can use to unlock all the objects?
    Origin ID: sakura-drops
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    MakoSims wrote: »
    Isn't there a buydebug cheat or something you can use to unlock all the objects?

No, I don't think so. There is a cheat for all the things you can collect but not to unlock the career rewards.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Bump, and I agree. I don't think there should be locked objects.
  • TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member

I agree the rewards are messed up. I don't really mind the reward part but I do mind that they are tied to the sim who achieved them and not the household.
    It has been stated that if you download them from the gallery they will not be available to your sim unless they have achieved them so no you can't get them off the gallery. Still looking for the statement in the Guru chat thread. :\ Wish ne luck it's a big thread! :p

• JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    Terrylin wrote: »
    I don't really mind the reward part but I do mind that they are tied to the sim who achieved them and not the household.
    Actually I'd like to tie them to the player. Not to a sim and not to a household.

Why?
    Currently your options are:
    - cheat2win
    - max careers (and parties) with two sims you can later use in any new game as a dummy sims to unlock objects and when you buy items just remove those 2 from households
    - download such 2 sims from gallery...

If it's tied to a household, again, all you need is to export/import that household in a new game.

To avoid all this hassle and complication, the easiest way it to set that once unlocked by a player, they remain unlocked till doomsday.
    Sims still get these objects for free while doing a career, but also, you don't need to worry if something is still locked in your future games.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »

Agreed. I like to build and design. If I want to do that, then every object of this game I paid for should be at my disposal.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    This will be an unpopular opinion but I like that their locked. I like the feeling of "earning" something. I get excited to go check family inventory after the promotions and see what she got. :)
    hmae123 wrote: »
    This will be an unpopular opinion but I like that their locked. I like the feeling of "earning" something. I get excited to go check family inventory after the promotions and see what she got. :)

And I totally understand where you're coming from if you're playing your Sim. Some people though do focus on the designing and building aspects of the game, and for them, despite the fact they've paid for the game same as you, they are restricted from using some of the content in order to play the game their way.

It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • olekebollekeolekebolleke Posts: 156 Member
    I don't mind the unlocking. I just don't want to do it over and over again. I also dislike that I can't use every object when I am building a house. There's this painting I like, but i can never use it. At least not until I unlock it.
  • looksolooksolooksolookso Posts: 58 Member

I totally agreed. :D But I also want it to have some kind of cheat to unlock them in Build mode too.
    1274306.large.jpg
    edited November 2014

I totally agreed. :D But I also want it to have some kind of cheat to unlock them in Build mode too.

And I would be fine with that. If it requires a cheat like buydebug it's still in the game. Just give builders some way to access it.
  • ZakeiraZakeira Posts: 181 Member
    It would be nice to just have an option to unlock them in the game options menu.
    mTp8aXz.jpg
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I tried that mod, but couldn't get it to work.

• aquiliferaquilifer Posts: 206 Member
    I think the most successful model for unlocking in-game items was in the original Sims Medieval game. If you never played it, essentially, you would start the game with a few options for everything, but you would unlock whole sets of items which were mostly related to each other by accomplishing certain achievements. It was especially nice how each set of new objects really worked well together, sort of like a mini "stuff pack." Once a set was unlocked, you could use it anywhere for the rest of the game. Most players could unlock about half of the sets without too much extra effort, but even as progress through the sets became more challenging, unlocking the next set always seemed like an attainable goal. Unfortunately, when the pirates expansion came out, the achievements they set for unlocking the new items were mostly tedious grinds of doing something 50 times, rather than interesting ways to engage with the game in a normal play setting. Still, I very much enjoyed the sense of "earning" the new objects.

The professions' locks strike me as a little too close to the pirates expansion, in that unlocking all of them would be a tremendous grind. Even worse, though, is the fact that every household has to start the grind over anew. I would like to see any new professions introduced to the game come along with something like the sets of reward objects from the Sims Medieval, which get unlocked for the whole town as soon as some condition gets fulfilled. Maybe it doesn't even need to be based on the profession level, but rather something like professional achievements such as painting a masterpiece or earning a minimum royalty on a book.

At its simplest, what I'm saying is that the sense of accomplishment from unlocking new items through in-game achievement is great, but only when unlocking those items seems achievable, and possible without a grind.
    catitude5 wrote: »
    I tried that mod, but couldn't get it to work.

Did you unzip it? If you did it wont work because it needs to be read as a script. Also did you enable script mods when you put it in your game?
  • pezhead7pezhead7 Posts: 838 Member
    Once you've unlocked the career level 10 achievement, you should have access to the items in every household for that save.
  • hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    jcp011c2 wrote: »

And I would be fine with that. If it requires a cheat like buydebug it's still in the game. Just give builders some way to access it.

Yeah hopefully they find a work around for this that works for everyone.
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    fullspiral wrote: »

Agreed. I like to build and design. If I want to do that, then every object of this game I paid for should be at my disposal.

Exactly.
    Zakeira wrote: »
    It would be nice to just have an option to unlock them in the game options menu.

The Options Menu needs... more options!