Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

UPDATED Best Lot Creations Ever - recommendations for Maxis Tab

Comments

• Sheba1197Sheba1197 Posts: 48 Member
    edited December 2014
    Nominations for today :)

CHRISTMAS VILLAGE NOCC - findjoo
    THE SIM'S HOUSE / CASA - miladsp
    MODERN BACHELOR FANASTY - Zita1966
    CHRISTMAS MARKET ^.^ NOCC -relhcuk1
    PARTY HOUSE - RABOOSKI
    AROUND THE POOL - NoCC - Simforfun

All are amazing builders :)
    Post edited by Sheba1197 on
  • BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    I wouldn't normally post again so soon, but I am compelled to add:
    Gingerbread Coffee House by Amy_Fazila_ - creative and fantastic build!
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    I second the nomination for Gingerbread Coffee House by Amy Fazila Fantastic build
  • RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    OK, I'm back for few more nominations:
    *Ascend Traditional - SimmerDeb
    *BUMBLE BEE - findjoo (Sorry again if it's shouting, but the title in the gallery used all caps)
    *Gingerbread Coffee House - Amy_Fazila_ (I third the nomination)
    *J-Pop Nightclub - battyivy21
    *Open Corners - BryonyRae
    *The Footlong - koomasterpc
    *THE SMURFS' VILLAGE - findjoo (Sorry again if it's shouting, but the title in the gallery used all caps)

That's all I remembered. I'll be back for more. :)
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • GuruFanNo1GuruFanNo1 Posts: 389 Member
    The FAIRY QUEEN PALACE by Zita1966 Amazing build
  • VanderetroVanderetro Posts: 81 Member
    This week my nominations are on French version nominations! The honored are; - angelus75 - ktejj
    - miquette06 - flubber32c4 - Cayrees - via2382 - findjoo - Zita1966.

Like that i hope for them they will discover great creators!

My Showcase HERE

• jol1990jol1990 Posts: 257 Member
    *Gingerbread Coffee House - Amy_Fazila_ (I fourth the nomination}

getting a hard time taking this thread serious due to some things though ... =/
    mETeT9z.jpg

Check out my buildings on the gallery under my name or on my building showcase! http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/794210/j0l1990-s-building-showcase/p3
    To find me on the gallery, look for J0L1990 thats the number 0, not an O!
  • kreatorakreatora Posts: 557 Member
    simingham palace by butch14
    http://www.thesims.com/gallery/E59496237FC811E48D35C7944614EFF7
    The name is problem becouse is in Chinese but building is awesome - by lipeng163
    http://www.thesims.com/gallery/D5FBFED083E211E480441697EF9457F9
    My ID Origin kreatora
    Hero on EA AHQ
  • MandylcdMandylcd Posts: 1,713 Member
    edited December 2014
    Eliminating my dumb post.
    Post edited by Mandylcd on
  • PurpleKachinaPurpleKachina Posts: 4,159 Member
    edited December 2014
    I see no reason to question Maxis choices. It can be very hurtful to some people who have been picked and it's
    also Maxis tab, not ours. I like the fact that they pick things that may seem unexpected to some.

They can obviously appreciate things that others can't and that is how art (in any form) is supposed to be.
    We all have our own taste, and Maxis has theirs. The only time I think it should be questioned would be if it is a case
    with bad CC attached (something I'm sure they are trying their best to avoid). Or if it is a case with plagiarism.

Otherwise I see no reason, like I said. The way some people are using this thread though, that's another story.

SimGuruHydra used to host a thread on the old site where we could add our latest creations. There was no nominations.
    Anyone could just post their newest stuff and by that it was also noticed by the gurus. The way things have developed here makes
    me feel that it would probably be better to have that kind of thread, instead of nominations. That way no one has to feel
    left out, and they would also not have the need to post from multiple accounts.

I personally like this idea though. It is fun and something new. Just my 2 cents.

Edit: Typo :blush:
    edited December 2014
    The great thing about this thread though, @Manssom, is that it allows us to nominate people who may never visit this forum and thus would not participate in a showcase style thread. I personally like scouting out amazing builds by relative "unknowns" that are getting overlooked. I hope we'll be able to make whatever changes are necessary to keep this thread effective and helpful for the gurus vs. having to go to some other format.

My personal suggestions for improvement would be:
    1. Make sure your nomination is not already listed (I don't see the need to "second" nominations; it just clutters up the thread)
    2. Make sure your nomination is not already a Maxis favorite (it's in the rules, but I still see it happening frequently)
    3. List fewer nominations per post (if you've got a ton, save some of them for next week)
    4. Post on a weekly basis, not daily
    5. Provide a Gallery link for each nomination
    6. Post nomination thank yous on showcase threads or via PM, not here
    7. If Maxis does favorite one of your nominations, edit your post to cross it out, so if they go back through the thread, it's easier to see which nominations are still outstanding.
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
    Like I said, I personally think this is a great (and fun) idea for the same reason you're mentioning.
    I have nominated a few myself that I haven't seen on this forum :) But just to make it clear, nothing stopped us
    from nominating other people's work on Hydra's thread either. It was just not limited to nominations.

Good suggestions by the way :)
  • Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited December 2014
    As for the statements above, I believe the issue is more of how some people are using it, or more miss-using it!

Anyhow, I have some recommendations:

WrathofCath: Greystone Legacy http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/D90A034574E211E48F87CD87D6E7D0F5

Brennachan: Blue Turtle Trailer Park http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/17E64B60826011E488F0DB83D3811030

misscbong High Victorian House http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/2B0975AD5BE211E48799B6E85C5874A4

FOLLYFOOT: Lily of Valley Victorian http://www.thesims.com/gallery/C11ED75C6F6F11E48FDB7E5DD06A37FE

I have a few others, but I will add those later. :D
    Post edited by Tiki5872 on
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    BryonyRae wrote: »
    The great thing about this thread though, @Manssom, is that it allows us to nominate people who may never visit this forum and thus would not participate in a showcase style thread. I personally like scouting out amazing builds by relative "unknowns" that are getting overlooked. I hope we'll be able to make whatever changes are necessary to keep this thread effective and helpful for the gurus vs. having to go to some other format.

My personal suggestions for improvement would be:
    1. Make sure your nomination is not already listed (I don't see the need to "second" nominations; it just clutters up the thread)
    2. Make sure your nomination is not already a Maxis favorite (it's in the rules, but I still see it happening frequently)
    3. List fewer nominations per post (if you've got a ton, save some of them for next week)
    4. Post on a weekly basis, not daily
    5. Provide a Gallery link for each nomination
    6. Post nomination thank yous on showcase threads or via PM, not here
    7. If Maxis does favorite one of your nominations, edit your post to cross it out, so if they go back through the thread, it's easier to see which nominations are still outstanding.

I agree with all of these! I just find it hard to see if Maxis has already favorite something. I wish they would add a little star or something to the details section.. maybe.
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • aquiliferaquilifer Posts: 206 Member
    edited December 2014
    I was incredibly excited about the possibilities of this thread when it began, and I think it effectively eliminated most of the sense that a mindless bot was choosing favorites at random. But all new experiments like this have their flaws, too, and unfortunately I think this thread has created two in particular which did not appear to exist before. First, most of the recommendations are FOR forum users BY forum users, which has created a pretty isolated community with a disproportionate majority of favorites. I have the greatest respect for the people who go out of their way to find hidden gems on the gallery which have never been posted about here, though, because that's the best way to keep the recommendation process from being tainted by "forum privilege." The second unfortunate side effect of this thread is that, in many ways, it has cheapened the value of getting favorited. I'm not going to argue that it always made sense how decisions were made before, but now there's a definite feeling that being part of a certain vocal group of forum users makes it far more likely to get recognized than producing high-quality work. So now, a favoriting after a recommendation is just as likely to make people wonder how much someone had to complain before getting that as it is to make people take notice of the build. Since this thread began, the greatest value now comes from getting favorited WITHOUT ever getting recommended, because that's the only thing which still seems based on the quality of work, rather than active use of the forum.

I don't want to imply that this means the experiment with the recommendation thread wasn't worth it. I think clearing up a lot of the sense of random choices by a mindless bot, and providing a feeling of involvement with the process to the players, is still something of great value. Many of the recommendations are also deserved. But there are definitely flaws left to work out. In the interim, I support and encourage people to consider many of the recommendations made by @BryonyRae (especially 3, 4, and 6), and urge people to include at least one recommendation from a person who doesn't use this forum, just to start repairing the cheapening sense of "forum privilege."
    aquilifer wrote: »
    The second unfortunate side effect of this thread is that, in many ways, it has cheapened the value of getting favorited. I'm not going to argue that it always made sense how decisions were made before, but now there's a definite feeling that being part of a certain vocal group of forum users makes it far more likely to get recognized than producing high-quality work. So now, a favoriting after a recommendation is just as likely to make people wonder how much someone had to complain before getting that as it is to make people take notice of the build. Since this thread began, the greatest value now comes from getting favorited WITHOUT ever getting recommended, because that's the only thing which still seems based on the quality of work, rather than active use of the forum.

I highly disagree. There are many nominations on this thread that never got a fav from Maxis.
    They have also favoured things that haven't even been mentioned here.

Everyone is of course entitled to their own opinions but I would like to believe that Maxis can and should be able
    to decide for themselves what work they want to have on their tab (regardless of what other people think about it).
    I don't complain :) All my previous nominations have been taken into account by Maxis. I think that this depends on the quality of work and our objectivity ;)
    My ID Origin kreatora
    Hero on EA AHQ
  • N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    edited December 2014
    I wonder if some sort of "Best of the Gallery Graveyard" recommendation category or thread would be helpful? One where people can nominate creators that have, say less than 100/150 followers. I follow a few creators that I think are awesome but apparently are not well known and have a surprisingly low amount of downloads & favorites. I don't know these people and just found them by browsing or their showcase threads but would love to see them get appreciated. (I was happy to see that Maxis did happen to notice butch14's "Castle Drachenburg)
    Nothing is ever going to give everyone their due and every idea has it's benefits and drawbacks but it was just a thought I had.
    BTW; I like BryonyRae's suggestions.
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
    edited December 2014
    I've created a thread where we can further discuss this thread, Maxis favorites, the Gallery etc. I think that we're covering some important topics here but don't know if we want to bury the nominations in it. If you want to hop over to the new thread and continue the discussion there, it's ready.

• Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I was just browsing through the offline gallery since the one in-game lags and stutters for me, so if any of these are duplicates or already recognized, I apologize.

LAS-VEGAS by piposou

http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/9EB4E55A84BA11E489A7C558A3607224

Grande Hacienda Legacy
    by itguyinsc

http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/BAA700F7840A11E480DF377E785434A1

Ciel & Sable Bathroom by piposou

http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/E15266AF84D011E485DA19899CE9244C

There are many, many others already mentioned in this thread that I agree deserve recognition as well. But, duplicate nominations seem to be frowned upon and I don't want to offend anyone or break the rules.

Have a great rest of your week everyone! *Hugs* :)
  • Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    Manssom wrote: »
    I see no reason to question Maxis choices. It can be very hurtful to some people who have been picked and it's
    also Maxis tab, not ours. I like the fact that they pick things that may seem unexpected to some.

They can obviously appreciate things that others can't and that is how art (in any form) is supposed to be.
    We all have our own taste, and Maxis has theirs. The only time I think it should be questioned would be if it is a case
    with bad CC attached (something I'm sure they are trying their best to avoid). Or if it is a case with plagiarism.

Otherwise I see no reason, like I said. The way some people are using this thread though, that's another story.

SimGuruHydra used to host a thread on the old site where we could add our latest creations. There was no nominations.
    Anyone could just post their newest stuff and by that it was also noticed by the gurus. The way things have developed here makes
    me feel that it would probably be better to have that kind of thread, instead of nominations. That way no one has to feel
    left out, and they would also not have the need to post from multiple accounts.

I personally like this idea though. It is fun and something new. Just my 2 cents.

Edit: Typo :blush:

Brilliant idea o:) I second that.
    edited December 2014
    Really brillant idea ..
    That way no one has to feel left out, and they would also not have the need to post from multiple accounts.
    No one besides people from others countries, at last half a million people
    My ID Origin kreatora
    Hero on EA AHQ
    kreatora wrote: »
    Really brillant idea ..
    That way no one has to feel left out, and they would also not have the need to post from multiple accounts.
    No one besides people from others countries, at last half a million people
    I believe each country has their own Gurus and Mods and by that I also think it's kinda up to them
    to create this for their forum? Also, everyone is welcome here, so I really don't understand what the problem is.
  • lessthanzero1013lessthanzero1013 Posts: 464 Member
    edited December 2014
    Happy Holidays to you all!! :) Today I would like to nominate:

Gingerbread Delight V.2 by Vihisha Thank you Maxis!!! :)

She did a very nice job with this one, plus it ties in to the holiday season and couldn't be any more perfect! Thank you Maxis for your consideration. :)
    Post edited by lessthanzero1013 on
    Feel free to add me on Origin: lessthanzero1013
    00d43057-3a6e-4d56-8f19-6ae0d13c18ba_zps7c6fa94e.jpg