Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cerrydd's buildings - Sulrise & Hungry Hungry Hipsters

Comments

• VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    I'm really digging what u did w/the roof on your Greenhouse Farm build...looks really cool like that!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • GirklGirkl Posts: 254 Member
    Two more beautiful lots,and such creative interesting use of roofing too,really inspiring :)
    "It's better to be over the hill than under it"
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    Greenhouse Farm is a very nice home! :) The way you have done the lines on the roof looks so very great! It gives a very great look to the build! The red colour of the exterior of the home looks nice. Very nice layout of the home. It looks very nice how you have used the hedge fencing around the front and sides of the lot and have the gated entrance. The wall with the fruit picture and menu chalkboard on it looks great! It looks just like a farm where people set up their produce outside the home and passers by look at the board that lists the produce and can buy the garden produce from there. The enlarged farm truck looks great in the front yard. Very nice greenhouse! Sims will enjoy growing and harvesting plants in the garden boxes there. The greenhouse roofing looks great. It looks nice how you have placed left and right windows on the front and side walls of the house. The flower box windows in the dormers look nice. The chimney on the roof is a nice home touch there. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home. The living room is very nice! It looks great how you have the fireplace area where sims can enjoy sitting resting on the armchairs having a chat or a read of a book in front of the fire, and have the other area where sims can relax on the sofa watching tv. It looks great how you have placed the display cabinets either side of the tv to create a tv alcove. The picture on the fireplace wall is nice for sims to see when sitting there and the red wall pattern of the wall looks nice with the cream of the other walls. Very nice layout and furnishing of the bedrooms! It looks very nice how you have placed the cabinets in the bed head alcove in the master bedroom! The curtains look nice how you have placed them on the bed head wall. The yellow flowers on the bedside table are sunny for sims to see when laying in bed. Nice study desk alcove in the other bedroom for sims to enjoy sitting at the desk using the computer. The flowers on the dining table are nice for sims to see when eating their meals. The corner outdoors pond is very nice.
    Very nice exterior design of Whiskey in the Bar! :) It looks great how you have done the roofing! The towers and the rooflines look very nice! The rock texture of the walls looks nice, and very nice placement of the dome type windows in the tower. Nice covered over front porch. It looks nice how you have used the spandrels there. The type and how you have placed the fencing and have done the front arch gates looks great. The front patio area is very nice. It looks nice how you have set up the tables and chairs there for sims to enjoy having a drink outdoors in the sunshine. Very nice front water fountain pond for sims to enjoy seeing when sitting there. The floor paving looks nice. Very nice layout and furnishing of the levels of the interior of the bar! Nice bar counter area for sims to enjoy sitting on the stools having a drink from the bar and a chat. Nice sofas seats sitting nook for sims to enjoy resting there and having a talk. It looks nice how you have placed the sofas facing each other. The flowers on the coffee table are pretty for sims to see when sitting there. The armchair reading nook corner is nice too. Nice upper level gaming area. Sims will have fun playing on the card table there, and it is nice that you have a fireplace there to keep the room warm. The patterned floor rug looks nice under the table.
    They are both very nice builds! The roofing on them is very great! :)
  • RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Your two new builds are very amazing! :D
    *Greenhouse Farm - Awesome architecture with great roofing, landscaping is very adorable, especially with your customized greenhouse, and your furnishing style suits on this lot very well.
    *Whiskey in the Bar - Awesome architecture with great roofing and very Tudor feel, very nice fencing, and your traditional/Victorian furniture also suits on this lot.
    I love them! I'm adding these to my faves. :D
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • kreatorakreatora Posts: 557 Member
    Very original homes. You are a true Master of roofs. 
    House "Total ellipse" is very impressive. Shape of the building looks like great challenge but I think even bigger challenge was to create such a beautiful an interior in this building.
    Last two houses are adorable ♥
    My ID Origin kreatora
    Hero on EA AHQ
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    2 gorgeous builds! I love the roofing in the second one! Great architecture! Love the farm house too! So pretty and charming! <3
  • masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    Excellent use of the roofing tool with some very striking effects, stunning results and wonderful new builds :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • TheGreenLionTheGreenLion Posts: 1,635 Member
    Greenhouse Farm and Whiskey in the Bar are really good Cerrydd! :) The roofing does look quite awesome, great use of the gable edges...it looks very nice! That greenhouse is huge! Talk about full time gardening! :p Also neat little pond in the corner!

I really like the tower design of the bar, looks very medieval, old town style. Interesting shape and design! :) Two very awesome builds.
  • CerryddCerrydd Posts: 471 Member
    Thanks guys for the lovely comments, glad you like it! It was fun to experiment with the roofing some more :D

And yes TGL, the greenhouse is terribly huge! When I was playtesting this, I had farmer Sim order a couple of seeds. I started planting the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 things and thought... this is taking way too long! Better create some offspring to help her out... XD I could've made it a bit smaller so there'd be more space for a backyard, but I'll grab any excuse to skip as much landscaping as I can :p

I wonder what my next finished build will be. Instead of finishing one of the many WIPs I already have, I started another one. It's as if there's a piece of inspiring décor in my living room and I have no idea how to turn it off.
    What have I been up to lately? Cerrydd / #cerrydd in the gallery
  • HaylziesHaylzies Posts: 169 Member
    Just been browsing through the thread, love your houses! Some really creative stuff :)

lol the picure of the corner sofa is hilarious, the adult sim even looks like he's thinking 'Aaaaaawkward'.
  • BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    Great new builds, Cerry. I love to see your creativity, and the roofing technique you've developed looks wonderful! I particularly love the architecture and interior design of your Whiskey in the Bar - charming! :)
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Your latest two builds are Awesome, Cerry! Your new roofing trick looks Fabulous! Very clever idea. It adds so much dimension to the builds. It's almost like getting a new wall covering! Really lovely work with the interiors on both of these guys too! :D
  • LadyDaKareLadyDaKare Posts: 212 Member
    Love your Greenhouse Farm and how what started as a problem - the roofs - became an architectural design focal point of the build. Awesome job.
    Aww thanks guys! You are too kind <3
    LadyDaKare wrote: »
    Love your Greenhouse Farm and how what started as a problem - the roofs - became an architectural design focal point of the build. Awesome job.

Ha yes, if I can't beat them, join them :p It's definitely not something I would've come up with myself if it didn't go 'wrong' first. I'm using the roofline trick in one of my modern WIPs. It can be quite tricky to work with though.

I hope to finish my pink WIP tonight. After that, I intend to focus on my big campus build. Most rooms are done, but I'll need to figure out what to do with the landscaping. Current cost is $760,000 and I'm still not done >.<
    I hope that the finishing of your pink WIP goes well, and that you enjoy working on your Campus build. It sounds like a big build! :)
    When I was building Greenhouse Farm, I googled some images of those timber frames for inspiration. However, I had no idea what they were called, so I entered some random words and one of the first images that came up was this:

BORNSCHEM15884_web.jpg
    (source)

That obviously was not what I was looking for :p I did like how it looks as if the white line is tracing the outline of the building, so I started another WIP back then and it's finally finished :)

tumblr_nj2f8vSk4j1s873l7o1_1280.jpg

I really did not like the front of the original house, so I tried a few things. I liked this roof cover best, looks simple and uninteresting, which kind of makes it more interesting :D I didn't completely manage to get the white line tracing the house. Originally, I had a small white foundation under it, but I didn't like the look of it. The colours of the exterior changed a lot during the progress. It started with black and light brown boards, then it was black with minty green. I eventually settled for black and pink, because I've been wanting to do something pink again :p I used enlarged blinds to add 'boards' in a different way.

tumblr_nj2f8vSk4j1s873l7o3_1280.jpg

The interiors are fairly bright and colourful, but not as extreme as I usually do :p It wasn't my intention, but the living room gave me some major IKEA vibes, though I'm not sure what it is XD

tumblr_nj2f8vSk4j1s873l7o2_1280.jpg

It has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, built on a 30x20 lot. I really wanted to keep the cost under $100,000 and it was a success, though barely :p It's $99,991! I've named it Wednesday, because on Wednesdays, we wear pink! (from the movie Mean Girls, in case the reference escapes you :p)
    Gallery link: http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/166A2EE5A9A111E482500CA9D7BC4248

And since I was in such a pink mood today, I've also shared my simself :D (the one in my avatar)

I hope you enjoy this build :) Onwards to finishing the campus...
    edited February 2015
    Wednesday is very nice! :) The exterior design of the home looks great! It looks great how you have done the white edges to reflect your inspiration home. The roofing looks great! The way you have used the enlarged blinds looks nice. The pink and black colour scheme of the exterior looks nice. Very nice entrance to the home! It looks very nice how you have used the glass door and used two levels of windows there. Very nice front patio! The patterning on the floor, the lights on the ground and the flowers on the edges and corner of the patio all combine together to create a very nice entrance patio look. It looks very nice how you have done the side water fountain features! Nice upper balcony for sims to enjoy sitting outdoors in the sunshine. It looks nice the types of windows you have used in the home, and how you have placed them creates a nice light filled home with great views of the outdoors. Very nice furnishing and layout of the interior of the home! It looks great how you have placed the shelving around the edges of the tv in the living room. The green and white colour scheme of the kitchen looks nice. The green wall tiling looks nice with the white cabinets and counters, and the green colour of the stools looks nice. Nice window bar stool counter. Sims will enjoy looking out through the windows at the views whilst dining. The sunflowers on the bar counters add a sunny touch in the room. The circular floor mats look nice how you have placed them in the bedrooms. The diming room is great! The red, white and black colour schrme of the room looks nice. It looks nice how you have created a circular dining table for sims to enjoy eating their meals at. The red of the stools looks nice with the white of the table.
    It is a very nice home! :)
  • TheGreenLionTheGreenLion Posts: 1,635 Member
    edited February 2015
    Wednesday is great Cerrydd! Love the shape you went with and the patio area in the back is a cool touch! Also good use of the blinds as siding, love the fountain features and the flowers, the entryway pattern looks cool and the interiors are also quite nice! Great job on this build! :)

Edit: will put your Sim-self in this build! :p Good luck with your campus!
  • RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    edited February 2015
    Wednesdays is super awesome! :D
    I love your architectural details, great use of roofing, and I like the use of blinds as window dividers. I also liked your landscaping too, especially with the pathway. Great garden area and I love the fountains. And your interior, very amazing! I especially like your customized media center idea (something I'm going to borrow, hehe).
    I love it! I already added this to my faves. :D

EDIT: Good luck also with your campus! :)
    Post edited by RyeCris16 on
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Cerry, Wednesday (cute name!) is such a Cool and Clever build! There are so many unique ideas here. Fabulous exterior design and the blinds look Awesome! I Love the sidewalk and the cool way you did the mirrors in the kitchen. Can't wait to see your campus! :D
    It'll become a pink slob paradise, TGL :p

Borrow away, Rye! :D I really like those bathroom shelves. Keep an eye on the placement of those while using ALT, though! If you place them a bit too high or too low, MOO heightened objects will 'float' a bit. It's slightly visible in my screenshot, the stack of books isn't really resting on the shelf. But let's pretend we didn't see that :p

Also thanks Rose and Cath for your sweet comments! And thanks for all the good-lucks for my campus. I started it way back in December and I can't wait to scratch that one off my list so I can focus on smaller builds again XD
  • LadyDaKareLadyDaKare Posts: 212 Member
    Cerry, this is an amazing build. I love the name too. The roof line is spectacular and you did a terrific job creating the Plank siding look with the blinds.

Yup, FYI, it's called Plank Siding. At least down in the South (USA) that's what they call it. What impressed me the most about this build, though, is how you created a feeling of a very large and open space within a very small footprint. Excellent work!
  • VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    WOW! There r so many things I like about Wednesday! The overall presentation is great...just the front view makes me WANT 2 c what's inside it's walls! What a great use of space =) I have yet 2 c someone make a roof/entrance quite like what u did here (fabulous) & turning those blinds into siding...super cool!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • lovelylyssia095lovelylyssia095 Posts: 381 Member
    Really cool house :) Love the roof!
    23692626361_214389dd31_c.jpg
    Link to Showcase

Link to Gallery
    Origin id: avnewton