Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cerrydd's buildings - Sulrise & Hungry Hungry Hipsters

Comments

• WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Cerry, Outdoor Retreat is Fabulous! Great exterior design and gorgeous interiors. Nice use of the new items! Wish we got more.... I sound like a kid after all the Christmas presents are opened, lol. :p
  • CerryddCerrydd Posts: 471 Member
    Thank you for your kind comments Bry, Rose, TGL, Masajo, Rye, Kamb and Cath! I like the items we got in the pack, but I always want moooooooore :D

I reinstalled my game, since it's the only way to fix the **lettersandnumbers** bug. I was finally able to see what Outdoor Treat costs... over $700 per day! :open_mouth: So if you want your Sims to vacation here, make sure they have some $$ in their pockets :p

I currently have multiple projects going. There's still the second Block Party home I want to renovate, but I'm a bit stuck on that one, haven't really figured out how to fix the back of the house. I've got something of a campus I've been working on and off for the past weeks, with 8 studios, a common room, cantina, etc. (a very expensive campus to live in, nearing $550,000 and not nearly done with it) I've also been working on a modern house, interior is almost done but now I suddenly have doubts about the exterior, I may have to move some rooms around. Aaaaand on my way home today, I saw something I want to try in TS4. I'm sure another idea will pop up soon. I wonder which I'll finish first :D
    What have I been up to lately? Cerrydd / #cerrydd in the gallery
  • Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    Outdoor Treat is beautiful! I love the roofline, and you are so creative using the flat log bench as a decorative feature! I may have to "steal" ahem, I mean borrow that idea from you!! :D
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,567 Member
    Your WIPs sound great! :) I will look forward to seeing the builds when you finish them and post them. Enjoy working on your builds :)
  • Chris2fer03Chris2fer03 Posts: 650 Member
    Such a cozy retreat, the exterior reminds me of a camp cabin! Nice work on the interior designing. :)
    Gallery ID: chris2fer03
    ~Showcase Thread~ ~Photobucket~
    ophze_zps7vbzpsi9.gif
  • superbibi11superbibi11 Posts: 486 Member
    Outdoor Treat is very nice Cerrydd! The exterior is so pretty, expecially the work you've done with the roofs!
    Thanks guys :D And Tiki, I'm sure you'll put those logs to good use, you always make such beautiful builds!

I haven't finished any of my WIPs yet, I actually started more WIPs! I'm sure one of them will be finished soon. I enjoy building in this game so much <3
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Oooh! It is a beautiful cabin build! Perfect for Outdoor Retreat! Did you build that in the new neighbourhood? Haven't had chance to open the game or buy the game pack! Love the way you have decorated! :D
    Thank you, Yanti :) Yes, I built it in Granite Falls. It's a very pretty new world, as far as I've seen anyway... haven't actually *played* it yet, have only been building lately :D
    edited January 2015
    After playing around a bit with roofs while building my Heartless starter, I wanted to try a more round structure as a house. I've been busy with this for more than a week and it's finally done :D I've taken more pictures than usual, because I'm really scared stuff will disappear when people download the lot. I didn't want to use any items from the new gamepack, but the gamepack gave us the first black square pillar and I had to use it. Anyway, here is...

Total Ellipse!

tumblr_nihi4aFcMN1s873l7o1_r2_1280.jpg

It's built on a 40x30 lot and costs a little over $300,000. It has 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a large kitchen, fitness area, pool with a bar, outside bar with lounge area and 'hot tub' (an idea inspired by Chris2fer's cabin). The exterior went through many transformations and I've tried a lot of different wall coverings. Yellow, green, purple, orange, and once I kept hearing Total Eclipse Of The Heart in my head, I even tried red. I eventually settled for this greenish/blueish/dark teal colour, which was my first choice. The roofing did give me some trouble, clipping issues, roof going through walls into rooms etc. I tried to make everything as seamless as possible and hid as many imperfections as I could. It could look better I guess, but at some point I have to tell myself to stop fiddling, it looks okay! :p

Interiors:

tumblr_nihi4aFcMN1s873l7o3_r1_1280.jpg

The corner sofas work! Though it will lead to some weird and awkward moments like this

tumblr_nihi4aFcMN1s873l7o10_r1_1280.jpg

Also, I have decided that bookshelves are awesome and should be used everywhere :p I did the same bookshelf trick I did in Revival, and even added some more as you can see in the tiny study.

tumblr_nihi4aFcMN1s873l7o4_r1_1280.jpg

I really wanted to use the purple kitchen counters again. The pillars I've placed in there disappeared for the screenshot.

tumblr_nihi4aFcMN1s873l7o5_r1_1280.jpg

The two bathrooms have a very different style.
    Oh, and I told myself to go easy on the colours, but I just had to go crazy in this bedroom again :p

tumblr_nihi4aFcMN1s873l7o6_r1_1280.jpg

Teen girl and child bedrooms.

tumblr_nihi4aFcMN1s873l7o7_r1_1280.jpg

The attic has a very spacious bedroom with own living area. (and I had to use the bookshelves again)

tumblr_nihi4aFcMN1s873l7o8_r1_1280.jpg

Pool area with a bar. I had to use the mirrors there to cover up weird roofing lines. The stairs lead to the fitness room above.

tumblr_nihi4aFcMN1s873l7o9_r1_1280.jpg

Outside bar with lounge area and small pool/hot tub. I did some weird things by stacking rounded counters in the corners of the place, pretty funky. Also, mirrors. No bookshelves this time, LOL.

All in all, fun to build. Lots of MOOing in there, so I hope that anyone who downloads it gets everything as it should :) and if it doesn't, we'll at least have the pictures :p I've placed it on multiple 40x30 lots and it doesn't always go right. As far as I've seen, Arid Ridge and Rio Verde work well, Yuma Heights does not. (I'll elaborate in the build feedback thread).

Gallery link: http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/99F6F371A0CD11E48FF0314F6BB901BF
    Post edited by Cerrydd on
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,567 Member
    Total Ellipse is a very nice home! :) The circular exterior design of it is so very nice! The layout of the build looks very great! The colours of the exterior look very nice! Very nice texture of the exterior. The front water fountain patio and footpath area is very nice! It looks very nice how you have placed the outdoors trees with the curved kerbing. Nice outdoors living and pool patio for sims to enjoy resting on the sofa there poolside enjoying the sunshine or have fun swimming in the pool. The outside bar area is very nice! Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools there having a drink and a chat. The alternating coloured stools look nice. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The living room is very nice! It looks nice how you have placed the cabinets around the tv alcove, and the patterned floor rug adds a nice look to the room. The corner sofa seating in the living room is nice. It looks great how you have placed the bookcases in the study, and how you have enjoyed placing in the different areas through the home! They look nice how you have used them to create great looks in the rooms as well as sims enjiying reading books from them. .Very nice design and furnishing of the kitchen! It looks very nice how you have placed the kitchen cabinets! The purple, grey and white colour scheme of the kitchen looks nice. It looks very nice how you have used the combination of white and grey counters for the island bar stool counter! It looks nice how you have used the screen shade to separate off the kitchen from the dining area. The variety of coloured dining seats looks very nice! The rainbow coloured hearts decor on the wall are nice for sims to see when eating their meals. Very nice furnishing of the bedrooms! The colours that you have used in the bedrooms look nice. It looks very nice how you have placed the cabinets in the bedrooms! Very nice living room to accompany the attic bedroom. The indoors pool and bar area is very nice. Sims will enjoy swimming there too, and havng a drink from the bar.
    The exterior design and layout of the home is very great, and the furnishing of the interior is very nice! The colours you have used create very nice looks in the rooms. It is a very nice home :)
    Thank you so much Rose :) Now I just have to choose which WIP I'll finish next :D
  • BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    Love your creativity with this build, Cerry! It's such fun to see something so unique. :) I really enjoyed all of your interior MOOing too, some great spaces there. Well done!
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • SketchSketch Posts: 428 Member
    This is a very cool lot. Has that futuristic feeling! Nice use of object placement. Awesome work! :)
    Shj7guV.png
  • WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Whoa! Cool build, Cerry! Great design for the exterior and nice color choice. :D The interiors are so fun and bright! I love the kitchen with its plum counters. My fave color. :) I really like all the color combos and cool MOOing you did! :D And, now I can't get that song out of my head, lol :p
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,998 Member
    Total Ellipse is an awesome build, so unique and modern, fab design, really love the pool area :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • petalbotpetalbot Posts: 1,423 Member
    Nice job on Total Ellipse. Love the architecture. :)
    sigg.gif

• TheGreenLionTheGreenLion Posts: 1,635 Member
    This is my favorite house from you Cerrydd. :) It's funky and colorful, great design elements outside and inside, lots of little details...just awesome! :D And may I also second that I can't get that darned song out of my head. :disagree:
  • SummerFallsSummerFalls Posts: 6,413 Member
    I love all of the colors and all of the detail you have put into Total Eclipse! Great use of MOO as well :D
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
    Origin ID: SummerFalls
    House: Ravenclaw/Wampus - Wand: Alder wood with Unicorn hair core 10 ¾" and Slightly Springy flexibility - Patronus: Neblung Cat
    | Simblr | Youtube | I love creating sims! |
  • RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Total Ellipse is very gorgeous! :D
    I love your architectural part, especially with the roofing. I adore your landscaping. Very great choices and placements of plants, which I'm not creative with that unfortunately. I also like the use of fencing. And your interior, wonderful! I like the use of color scheme and that modern feel.
    I love it! I'm not sure if I already faved it, but if not, I'm adding this to my faves. :D
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
    @BryonyRae Thank you! When you said the roofing tools are so much fun to work with, I thought you were crazy :p I'm really beginning to like it more and more. I currently have two WIPs that use roofing in a different way. It's not as flashy as Ellipse, but you can really do some neat stuff with roofs. I'll have to finish one first to show it though :D

@WrathofCath and @TheGreenLion, Sorry, not sorry! :p There's nothing I can say... total eclipse of the heeaaaart. Mwuhaha! Thank you both for your comments :)

And thank you Sketch, Masajo, Petalbot, SummerFalls and Rye for all your nice words! I'm happy other simmers enjoy this :)
  • VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    Just wanted 2 add some comments 2 your thread of wonderful builds =)

-in Boeim your front presentation is great...love it
    -I love the pop of yellow from the box flowers against the grey tones of the house on your Kapelle build
    -your Rikki build is just gorgeous...I absolutely love the front of the house
    -As far as Temple of Matari...I'm still trying 2 figure out HOW I missed that gem on the Gallery...in 1 word...Stunning

Following...can't wait 2 c what u come up with next
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    Love your latest. Great job <3
    Thank you Vihisha and Zita!

I have organized the OP a bit, using tumblr to archive my builds.

I also hope to finish two builds soon. I'm drowning in WIPs and ideas so it would be nice to cross something off my to do list :p
    I wanted to do a farm with roofing like this:

Rieten-dak-Boerderij-Woudenberg-voorzijde.jpg

So I tried to replicate it, but got frustrated with it because the side of the rooflines were sticking out too much (no idea how to explain that in proper English, LOL). I then decided to use those rooflines to my advantage and make them look like those old-fashioned timber frames you sometimes see in medieval houses.

tumblr_niv2gxAI2n1s873l7o1_1280.jpg

And this is what it looks like! It was really hard to find a balance between not enough lines/too many lines, angling them right so they don't protrude through the bigger roof etc. I was unable to re-create a similar dormer like in the example pic.

tumblr_niv2gxAI2n1s873l7o2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_niv2gxAI2n1s873l7o3_1280.jpg

I've named it Greenhouse Farm, even though the farm is ironically red :p though the name obviously comes from the greenhouse in the back! I thought it was kind of cute, but because the planter boxes are technically 'inside', Sims will get annoyed by the puddles on the ground after watering their plants. But hey, at least they got a fancy greenhouse... The farm has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms and a study. I really like how the lamp puts a spotlight on the chair in the study, but sadly, routing issues prevent Sims from actually sitting there. Still looks good though :p This farm has to be placed on the Umbrage Manor lot, it places backwards on other 40x30 lots. Gallery link: http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/B42F31DCA68611E486336DBCC7E32CC7

My second build spawned from the entire roofline trick I used in the farmhouse, using them to create some interesting lines.

tumblr_niv3oz6nZK1s873l7o1_1280.jpg

It's subtle, but I do think the lines make it look fun.

tumblr_niv3oz6nZK1s873l7o3_1280.jpg
    tumblr_niv3oz6nZK1s873l7o2_1280.jpg

I initially wanted it to be a home, but decided to go for a public lot for a change (that's also why there's still a mailbox there). It's become a small and simple medieval-ish bar for your modern Sims to relax in. People can have their drinks at the bar while watching tv, dance on the small dancefloor, read some books in the reading corner or play some cards upstairs. Its name is Whiskey in the Bar. Gallery link: http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/C621A9E9A68611E4863F6DBCC7E32CC7

So that's that! Finally two builds (and about 100 saved versions of these lots in my library) to delete :p

I think the roofing lines trick is pretty interesting though and other builders who want to go bigger and have more patience could do some neat things with it!