Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cerrydd's buildings - Sulrise & Hungry Hungry Hipsters

Comments

• WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Hello Cerrydd, this is my first time over to your thread and I am Loving everything you have here! I will be checking out all your builds in the Gallery later today and following. You are such a talented and versatile builder!

Your museum is Fabulous! The flooring is incredible. It reminds me of some art work we did back in school, when I was a kid. We would paint different, bright colors on paper, then fold and cut out geometric designs on black construction paper to place on top, to make a cool stained glass piece. I had forgotten all about that till I saw your build, lol! :p

I love your most recent modern! Such a Fabulous design and I love the colorful interiors, especially that cool plum (the color, not a swear, lol :p ) and yellow kitchen. Really cool landscaping and pool too! :D
  • PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member
    Great home here too! The brownstone style home is very well done. It really reminded me of the kinds of homes you see in city neighborhoods with narrow lots.

I loved all the colors in the new home. The architecture is really cool too.
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

• CerryddCerrydd Posts: 471 Member
    Thanks for all the comments, faves and follows!

@WrathofCath Versatility is my keyword, I'm not excellent at any kind of style, so I just try to be ok at everything at once :P Ever since I've started to love to build so much, I've noticed I'm paying a lot more attention to every single building I come across and see if I can find some inspiration. And yes, I love the plum kitchen stuff, I just HAD to use it someday and figured it wouldn't look out of place here :D
    What have I been up to lately? Cerrydd / #cerrydd in the gallery
  • bokylie1bokylie1 Posts: 804 Member
    @Cerrydd love your new builds.
    Forum and Origin ID: bokylie1

edited January 2015
    Thank you, Kamb :)

I finally finished my latest one. I ran into some MOO problems with the shrubbery, but I like it too much to abandon it completely.

tumblr_ngxbb8jmXJ1s873l7o3_1280.jpg
    tumblr_ngxbb8jmXJ1s873l7o2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_ngxbb8jmXJ1s873l7o1_1280.jpg

It's built on a 20x15 lot and costs around $89,000. I wanted to build a relatively cheap family home, but it ended up more expensive than I wanted, haha. It has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. I added a music room in the attic, but it can be changed into another large bedroom. Gallery link: http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/ACB978CA88F011E486983A057E849A4B

Not sure why half the neighbourhood barged in uninvited. I moved in 2 sims to take some screenshots and everyone just walked in as if it's the most normal thing in the world, and I couldn't get them to leave either XD I don't think I've seen that happen before the latest patch. One of them even took the liberty to take a nap in the master bedroom, without bothering to introduce himself to the home owners first. How rude! :o

The lot is called Rikki, after our youngest cat who has been in heat for the past three days and meowed all the time during the building process :P
    Post edited by Cerrydd on
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,571 Member
    Rikki is a very nice home! :) The exterior design of it is very nice! The roofing is great! It looks very nice how you have placed the windows in the build! I am sorry that many sims decided to arrive and enter the home when you were trying to take photos! It is nice that you have named the build after your cat. Very nice front curved porch! Nice outdoors sitting area there for sims to enjoy sitting on the seat bench there in the sunshine. Nice back patio outdoors dining area for sims to enjoy cooking on the BBQ and eating outdoors in the air at the table. Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior of the home! The blue and the yellow colour schemes of the bedrooms look nice. Very nice music room for sims to enjoy playing the musical instruments there or enjoy sitting there listening to the music being played and warming up by the fire. It looks nice how you have done the patterned flooring. It looks very nice how you have placed the cabinets in the kitchen! Nice window dining table area for sims to enjoy eating their meals with the sunshine coming in through the windows onto them. It looks nice how you have placed the seating in the living room. Sims will enjoy sitting resting there watching TV. It looks nice how you have created the study desk nook area. It looks great how you have placed the bookcases either side of the desk table. Sims will enjoy sitting at the table having a read of a book and using the computer.
    It is a very nice home :)
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    It looks gorgeous! I am loving the architecture and the lovely interiors. :D
  • Chris2fer03Chris2fer03 Posts: 650 Member
    Loving your latest build, the exterior is beautiful. I like the different wall textures, they all work well together. :)
    Gallery ID: chris2fer03
    ~Showcase Thread~ ~Photobucket~
    ophze_zps7vbzpsi9.gif
  • superbibi11superbibi11 Posts: 486 Member
    Hello Cerrydd, I like all of your builds! I will be following you in the Gallery!
    Rikki is beautiful. I love so much colours together and the architecture :)
  • RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Merry Christmas Cerrydd! :D
    Rikki is very gorgeous! :D
    Very great architectural layout and design. Great mixing of exterior wall patterns. Very great landscaping too. It's too bad you can't stack two shrubs (sorry for making you trouble). But I love your hedging, and trees too. And your interior part, amazing! I love the use of traditional-styled furnishing.
    Gonna love it. :)
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • DelsDels Posts: 289 Member
    Merry Christmas !
    Wonderful house,suitable for Christmas circumstances :)
    Very cool colorful interiors and great idea with a swimming pool on the floor.
    @Chris2fer03 & @RyeCris16, mixing and matching exterior wallpaint is always a challenge! I'm happy it worked out for this build :) I started with the entire exterior in one type of wallpaint, but I felt like I had to spice it up a bit.

@Dels it's not a pool, it's a fountain actually! :D That does give me an idea though... I think we should be able to place flowers and stuff closer to pools now with MOO. Maybe I'll use it in a future build :)

Thanks everybody!

Now that we've got MOO, I'm going to try to finish the temple I attempted to create a while back. I think it should be easier (or at least less frustrating) to get it done. *crosses fingers*

In the meantime, I wish everyone happy holidays! Hopefully there will be lots of good food and quality time with friends & family (*)
    edited January 2015
    Ahem.

So, once upon a time, there was nothing. There was only a Sim spirit floating in outer space. Her name was Matari. She thought, "Well, this is quite boring" and she shapeshifted into a lama. This is how she discovered the magic of lama spit. She spat, and the little ball of saliva exploded into a planet. SimWorld was created! She spat another time, and a big ball of lama, I mean lava, was created. This became the sun. And so SimWorld as we know it today came to be.

The ancient Sims thought Matari was pretty rad, so they built a temple for her. A place of worship, reflection, contemplation, relaxation, meditation. The location of this temple was unknown for millenia, but it was recently discovered and partially renovated.

Hence, today, I present to you... the Temple of Matari! Mother of Lamas and Goddess of the Sun.

tumblr_nhcl39Crxa1s873l7o5_1280.jpg

My SimSelf was lucky enough to visit the Temple and will give you a short tour of what she saw.

tumblr_nhcl39Crxa1s873l7o4_1280.jpg

A grand and imposing temple, made of stone. Gold gilded roofs, pillars and arches, and lots of greenery outside. Two giant Lama shrubs are guarding the entrance to the Temple. There is so much gold, the ancient Sims spared no expense and seemed to have a knack for tackiness. Inside, there's an altar to place offerings. No one knows if offering anything really helps, but Lama farmers in particular hope to gain the favour of Matari. Everybody wants healthy lamas after all. There are multiple benches to sit and gather your thoughts. Paintings and sculptures seem to have a animal/nature theme to it. There are a few humps of clay to get inspired and cubes that give you an (inaccurate) insight to your future.

tumblr_nhcl39Crxa1s873l7o3_1280.jpg

The second floor is more bare. It has bookcases with books on old history, although Sims seem to have put books of other genres in there as well. A few easles to build your painting skill and bushes to shape to your will. You can look down onto the first floor.

tumblr_nhcl39Crxa1s873l7o2_1280.jpg

On the third floor, the small room is fit for a cute wedding ceremony. Get married under the watchful eye of Matari and her baby lama, then step onto the balcony to get your super cheesy... I mean, super romantic balcony picture taken.

tumblr_nhcl39Crxa1s873l7o6_1280.jpg

Don't forget to dip your toes into the Pools of Lama Spit! Wait, that doesn't sound very appealing... let's call them the Healing Lama Hotsprings. Relax, have fun or build your fitness skill in one of the 2 small pools. Getting hungry? Grill a few hamburgers and enjoy them in the small eating area behind the Temple. When you're done, you can sit down in the tiny park which features the statue/shrub hybrid of Matari in her shapeshifted form. Contemplate life, love, family or your career while viewing Matari's behind. Yep. Oh, by the way, there are no fish in the pond, so don't bother bringing your fishing rod.

This is the end of the tour through the Temple of Matari. Remember, when a lama spits at you, you have been blessed by the Mother of Lamas!

tumblr_nhcl39Crxa1s873l7o1_1280.jpg

Gallery link: http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/945CC0EE8F7411E48ED7E07D140F6EAE

Phew, it's finally done :D I started this build weeks ago, but now that we've got MOO, I was finally able to finish it without much hassle! My idea was to create a ridiculously big and decorated temple, with lots of stone and gold on the outside, but everything being a bit more barebones on the inside. It's an old building after all. The story of Matari came to me while building. It's a bit ridiculous, but I had to have an excuse for using the same decoration over and over again :D I didn't delete the pond, but it simply disappeared and I had to improvise :(

All in all, fun to build once it stopped being bugged! It uses MOO, enlarged objects and Christmas decoration, so I hope most things stick to their place when someone downloads it. I'll upload it to the gallery soon :)
    Post edited by Cerrydd on
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,571 Member
    Your Temple build is great! :) It is great that you were able to finish your WIP. Your mooing work in the build looks great! The architectural exterior design of the build looks so very great! The layout of the build is so very nice! Very nice roofing! It looks very nice how you have used gold throughout both the exterior and interior of the build, and the stone texture looks great! Very nice outdoors areas! The llama bonsai statue looks very nice in the middle of the water at the front of the build, and the two llamas at the edge of the front pahway looks great! It looks very nice how you have placed the plants to create the fencing on the edges of the build. Very nice covered over outdoors cooking and dining pavillion! Sims will enjoy eating their meals outdoors in the air at the table there. It is great that you have a playground area for child sims to have fun playing on the pirate ship. The water fountain features through the build look very nice!Very nice furnishing of the interior of the temple! Great art nook area for sims to enjoy painting on the easel. It is great that you have a wedding area in the build, for sims to come to and get married. It looks very nice how you have set up the seats there for the guest sims to come and sit to watch the wedding ceremony, and have placed the red carpet aisle way down the middle.The upper balcony that leads off from the wedding area is nice. It looks great how you have done the stairs in the build.
    The exterior design and layout of the build is great! :)
    Thank you Rose! I thought the stairs on the sides fit well. When I was testing the park, my Sim chose to use the stairs often so they definitely come in handy :)
  • Chris2fer03Chris2fer03 Posts: 650 Member
    Wow! The architecture is beautiful, full of character and it has that "old world history" feel to it. Great job! :)
    Gallery ID: chris2fer03
    ~Showcase Thread~ ~Photobucket~
    ophze_zps7vbzpsi9.gif
  • RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Happy New Year Cerrydd!
    Temple of Matari is very awesome! :D
    I like your architectural detail, very historical feel. I especially love the use of roofing too! I also like your landscaping. Great use of plants and even the idea of your pond. And your interior, amazing!
    I love it! I'm adding this to my favorites. :D
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    WOW! That is amazing! <3 Love the roofing and the architecture! Looks so exotic! This will definitely be going in my favourites! :D
  • WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Such an incredibly Gorgeous build! I Love all the beautiful detailing around the roofs. And I really enjoyed your cute background story too! Happy New Year!! :D
    Thanks again everyone! As enjoyable as it was to do the temple, I think my next builds will be smaller again :D

Happy new year! I hope 2015 will be wonderful for everybody :) And I hope 2015 will bring us more items to use in TS4 :p
  • DelsDels Posts: 289 Member
    Woof !!! Phenomenal building ! beautiful work and photos !
  • TheMatteo0TheMatteo0 Posts: 509 Member
    Your temple of Matari build is absolutely stunning! I love the majestic, almost fairy-tale like exterior or the grand temple, and the interior and grounds are also beautifully made :) Can't wait to see some more stunning builds from you soon, your temple build is fabulous!
  • Vermanitus7Vermanitus7 Posts: 52 Member
    edited January 2015
    Wow, very interesting concept of the creation of the world :D And temple is very beautiful. It reminds me St. Mark's basilica in Venice a little bit :)