Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cerrydd's buildings - Sulrise & Hungry Hungry Hipsters

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    Hello :) I hope that your work on your WIPS goes well! It is nice that you are enjoy building in your week’s break from work :)
  • CerryddCerrydd Posts: 471 Member
    Thanks @rosemow, it did go well since I finished the trio, and I have 3 new builds to show off :smiley:

I wanted to create a vet clinic, but since Burgundy Bay burned me out on the Brindleton Bay styled buildings, I decided to move to Oasis Springs. As I was building the clinic, I thought it might make a nice home as well. I decided it would be a fun experiment to turn the same shell into a completely differently styled building, and so I ended up making a vet clinic, a house and a rental for Selvadorada :D

To start off, here's the vet clinic that inspired this 'little' experiment, build #1:

tumblr_pngsxdEWK91s873l7o3_1280.jpg
    tumblr_pngsxdEWK91s873l7o1_1280.jpg

Furrytails Vet Clinic has 3 exam tables and 2 surgery stations to nurse your desert pets back to health. Catnip, nuzzlenip, napnip and madnip are ready for harvest in front of the building. I don’t know if they transfer through the gallery, but it should come stocked with relaxaion serums. The loft has a medicine crafting table, bookcase and computer. Playtesting this was a nightmare. Stuff kept disappearing and I had no idea why, until I finally discovered one of my employees had the kleptomaniac trait XD I’m also not sure why it says it uses items from Dine Out. I went through the entire build, trying to figure out what I used to get that tag, but I’m either blind or there’s something buggy going on.
    Tumblr
    Gallery

Build #2:

tumblr_pngtoo3js31s873l7o4_1280.jpg

Lluvilla is a house for sims to rent when they travel to Selvadorada. It has 2 bedrooms, 2 bathooms, a pool, a loft with archeology table, and a big balcony with a bar, BBQ, chess table and lounge area. The Dine Out bug carried over from the clinic, since I can’t find any items specific to that pack in this build. Also, I don’t speak Spanish, but Google translate told me lluvia means rain, and the word gave me an opportunity for wordplay XD Same shell as Furrytails, but it has obviously been rotated 90 degrees and got a Jungle Adventure make-over. The lot I built this on is a bit weird, since the gallery pic shows the front as... the front... which sounds logical, but sims spawn at the back when they travel here. Oh well.
    Tumblr
    Gallery

Build #3:

tumblr_pngta8NaYU1s873l7o4_1280.jpg

Block Breeze is the residential lot that spawned from Furrytails. Aside from 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms (1 bedroom in the loft area), this house has a social media/music mixer room, a pool and a giant balcony with a hot tub, BBQ, bar and lounge area to enjoy the spectacular views on this lot. Yes, it uses the same shell as Furrytail Vet Clinic again, though this house obviously has a much more modern look. Layout it pretty silly, and the name? I have no idea, I feel like I just got something from a random name generator :P And yes, this time around, it does use items from Dine Out ;)
    Tumblr
    Gallery

Yay, 3 WIPS off the WIP list!
    What have I been up to lately? Cerrydd / #cerrydd in the gallery
    Each of three builds are very nice! :) It is great that you created a vet clinic , a rental for Selvadorado and a home using the same shell! Although you used the same shell, they all look so different! The differing landscaping work, and the wall textures used, give each of them a very nice look!
    Very nice patterned wall texture of the Vet clinic. Very nice layout and furnishing of each of interior areas and rooms.
    Lluvilla looks so restful, pretty and natural with the greenery and tropical flowers! Very lovely tropical colours used in the interior ! The balcony area is very nice!
    Block Breeze is a very nice modern home! The brown with green colour of the plants is very nice! Very nice interior of the home! The stone texture of the kitchen walls gives a very nice natural look to the home. Very nice light filed sofa and armchairs sitting area, for Sims to enjoy resting there sunlight coming in to the room
    They are very nice builds! :)
  • GwinielGwiniel Posts: 996 Member
    All of them are awesome <3<3<3
    Thank you both for your lovely words @rosemow and @Gwiniel :smiley:

I did a quickie. The library in the new Strangerville game pack looked pretty boring, so I created a new one. I don’t think I’ve ever built something in such a short time, and now I remember why I always take so long to test everything. I uploaded this yesterday, but it was past midnight on a weekday so I didn’t have time to take screenies yet. When I went in to take screenies tonight, I noticed multiple mistakes and objects that had gone missing. What a horrifying experience :o It should be complete now.

tumblr_pnnigfEEb01s873l7o2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_pnnigfEEb01s873l7o1_1280.jpg

Strangerville Archives V2 uses items from Strangerville and the basegame. I'm patting myself on the back for that :D It's a bit small and cramped, but fully functional.
    Tumblr
    Gallery
    Very nice exterior design of Strangerville Archives! :) The brick exterior wall texture and the roofing design looks great! The dormers and tower are very nice! Very nice planter box windows, and the trees gives a very nice look to the outdoors. Very nice furnishing of the interior! The curtains used look very nice! It looks very nice the way the bookcases have been placed in the build. Very nice sofa and armchair areas where Sims can enjoy resting and reading a book. Very nice study desks area for Sims to enjoy sitting at the desk tables using the computers, face to face with other sims.
    It is a very nice library for the new world! :)
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    edited March 2019
    Wow, I like it very much! Thanks to this week’s highlight thread I discoverd your nice build, @Cerrydd !
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
    Oooh, that's pretty cool :smiley: Thank you @rosemow and @Busufu for your comments! :smiley:
    New one off the WIP list:

tumblr_pogkx4rwmG1s873l7o4_1280.jpg
    tumblr_pogkx4rwmG1s873l7o2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_pogkx4rwmG1s873l7o3_1280.jpg

I built Lemon Tree for Del Sol Valley and it has 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a study/hobby space and backyard with BBQ and pool. All the yellow in the interior reminded me of the Fool's Garden song, which is what I named this build after, and I also added 4 lemon trees :D
    Tumblr
    Gallery
    Lemon Tree is a very nice family home! :) The exterior design and the layout of the areas of the build are very nice! Very nice glass roofing outdoors living and dining areas! Sims will enjoy sitting relaxing on the sofas there in the sunshine or enjoy eating food they have cooked on the bbq. The tropical plants look great throughout the build! Very nice pool area! The flowers and plants look very nice on the edges of it. Very nice furnishing of the interior! The brown and yellow colour scheme is very nice! Very nice open plan living areas. Very stylishly nice design design and furnishings used in thr kitchen and dining area. Very nice sofa seats sitting area for Sims to relax and watch tv.
    It is a very nice home! :)
    Thank you very much for your kind words and continued support @rosemow <3

Slowly making progress on my last WIP. It's a triplex, so furnishing 3 homes at once is pretty much burning me out :D I'm just doing one room every day and keeping the interiors simple. It'll get finished, someday :D
    IT'S DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONEEEEEEE WOOHOOOOO

tumblr_pp6v5fYq2I1s873l7o4_1280.jpg
    tumblr_pp6v5fYq2I1s873l7o3_1280.jpg
    tumblr_pp6v5fYq2I1s873l7o1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_pp6v5fYq2I1s873l7o2_1280.jpg

Triplexatops! What a monster. Sooo… a triplex. Completely useless in this game, but could serve as some neighbourhoodfiller ;) I just had to make use of the lot in Del Sol Valley with 3 driveways. What a pain it is furnishing 3 different homes though. I’m so burnt out on interiors. I’ve kept it simple, but the rooms are quite spacious, so there’s still room for hobby or skill items, in case you decide to torture your sims with a build like this :p
    Tumblr
    Gallery
    It is great that you have finished Triplexatops! :) It was a large build to do, with you needing to furnish three homes! It looks very nice! Very nice exterior design of the build! Very nice roofing and the flower box windows are pretty! Very nice furnishing of each home! The colour schemes are very nice.
    It is a very great triplex build! :)
    Thank you very much @rosemow :smiley:

Triplexatops was my last 'recent' WIP, so now I just have to wait until I get an inspired moodlet to start building again ;)
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Cerrydd wrote: »
    Thanks @rosemow, it did go well since I finished the trio, and I have 3 new builds to show off :smiley:

I wanted to create a vet clinic, but since Burgundy Bay burned me out on the Brindleton Bay styled buildings, I decided to move to Oasis Springs. As I was building the clinic, I thought it might make a nice home as well. I decided it would be a fun experiment to turn the same shell into a completely differently styled building, and so I ended up making a vet clinic, a house and a rental for Selvadorada :D

To start off, here's the vet clinic that inspired this 'little' experiment, build #1:

tumblr_pngsxdEWK91s873l7o3_1280.jpg
    tumblr_pngsxdEWK91s873l7o1_1280.jpg

Furrytails Vet Clinic has 3 exam tables and 2 surgery stations to nurse your desert pets back to health. Catnip, nuzzlenip, napnip and madnip are ready for harvest in front of the building. I don’t know if they transfer through the gallery, but it should come stocked with relaxaion serums. The loft has a medicine crafting table, bookcase and computer. Playtesting this was a nightmare. Stuff kept disappearing and I had no idea why, until I finally discovered one of my employees had the kleptomaniac trait XD I’m also not sure why it says it uses items from Dine Out. I went through the entire build, trying to figure out what I used to get that tag, but I’m either blind or there’s something buggy going on.
    Tumblr
    Gallery

Build #2:

tumblr_pngtoo3js31s873l7o4_1280.jpg

Lluvilla is a house for sims to rent when they travel to Selvadorada. It has 2 bedrooms, 2 bathooms, a pool, a loft with archeology table, and a big balcony with a bar, BBQ, chess table and lounge area. The Dine Out bug carried over from the clinic, since I can’t find any items specific to that pack in this build. Also, I don’t speak Spanish, but Google translate told me lluvia means rain, and the word gave me an opportunity for wordplay XD Same shell as Furrytails, but it has obviously been rotated 90 degrees and got a Jungle Adventure make-over. The lot I built this on is a bit weird, since the gallery pic shows the front as... the front... which sounds logical, but sims spawn at the back when they travel here. Oh well.
    Tumblr
    Gallery

Build #3:

tumblr_pngta8NaYU1s873l7o4_1280.jpg

Block Breeze is the residential lot that spawned from Furrytails. Aside from 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms (1 bedroom in the loft area), this house has a social media/music mixer room, a pool and a giant balcony with a hot tub, BBQ, bar and lounge area to enjoy the spectacular views on this lot. Yes, it uses the same shell as Furrytail Vet Clinic again, though this house obviously has a much more modern look. Layout it pretty silly, and the name? I have no idea, I feel like I just got something from a random name generator :P And yes, this time around, it does use items from Dine Out ;)
    Tumblr
    Gallery

Yay, 3 WIPS off the WIP list!

Beautiful home.

following you
    downloaded
    Favorited

thank you
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

Thank you very much @marcel21 :)

Not much happening here at the moment, but I saw that the next expansion pack is coming soon... and the timing is right, I have 2 weeks off when it's released, so maybe I'll be able to pump out some builds around that time :smiley:
    tumblr_ptgkcc58NT1s873l7o2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_ptgkcc58NT1s873l7o1_1280.jpg

Sulset is my newest build, made with base game and Island Living items :smiley: I was able to dust off another ancient WIP which I never finished because it looked too exotic for The Sims 4, but it's perfect for Sulani. It has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. It should be placed on the 'Pier Perfection' lot, because for some reason the stairs disappear when this build is placed on the other 30x20 water lot.
    Tumblr
    Gallery
    Sulsst is a lovely island beach home! :) The pictures with the sunset is lovely! Very nice exterior design and layout of the home! The roofing , pergola with loungers to relax on and the wraparound deck are very nice! Very nice furnishing and open plan layout of the interior! The colour scheme is warm and restful, and the new furnishings that came with the pack look very nice! The patterned rugs add a nice touch to the home areas.
    It is a very nice island home! :)
  • GwinielGwiniel Posts: 996 Member
    Wonderful creations <3<3<3 Beautiful and detailed <3<3<3
    Thank you very much @rosemow and @Gwiniel :)

I had a poke bowl for dinner tonight and have been listening to Hawaiian music while building. Enjoying my vacation in the real and virtual world :D
    tumblr_ptm1aiLtJq1s873l7o3_1280.jpg
    tumblr_ptm1aiLtJq1s873l7o2_1280.jpg

I reworked one of my old build, Selamat Pagi, into this one, Selamat Siang. The main building has a living room, kitchen, 2 bedrooms and a bathroom. The side building contains another bedroom, bathroom, and a study. It also has a BBQ and pool :) I created it on the Journey's End lot.
    Tumblr
    Gallery

Quite a change from the original:
    tumblr_nnbwlq6KLb1s873l7o2_1280.jpg

The Sims 4 finally has a world where builds like these don't seem out of place :)
    Selmat Siang is a very nice island beach home! :) Very nice design and layout of the home! The reworked version of your original home is very nice! Very nice furnishing of the interior and colours used! It is very nice that there is a main home building, then the side building with the extra bedroom and a study. Very nice pool area! It looks very nice that there are loungsrs either sides for Sims to enjoy resting poolside. They will enjoy cooking on the bbq and eating the food in the outdoors air.
    It is a lovely home for Sulani :)
    Thank you again for your lovely words @rosemow <3