Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cerrydd's buildings - Sulrise & Hungry Hungry Hipsters

Comments

• RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Your latest lot is very awesome! :D
    Your architecture and landscaping look very stunning. I like that colonial, yet reddish feel in it. Nice roofing too. Your interior and furnishing look stunning too. I like that different variety of furniture in each unit. One of them is Queen Anne feel, one is modern feel, and the rest is lighter feel.
    Gonna love it. :)

And also, it is great that you uploaded every lots in your gallery. I'm adding your first modern home, museum, and a modern to my favorites in the gallery. Well done. :D
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • burntcheese223burntcheese223 Posts: 1,157 Member
    I love the buildings you have made! So Green and So Pink are wonderful and the old city hall is amazing!
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Oh! That looks grand! Lovely architecture! Very imposing and yet beautiful! I can easily see it as musuem or other community lots! Does the apartment thing works? I mean does multiple sims' family move into the lot in live mode like in sims 3 or do you have to individually move them in? :)
  • CerryddCerrydd Posts: 471 Member
    Thank you @RyeCris16 and @burntcheese223 (love your username) for your nice words and faves! :)

@yanti68, sadly, appartments don't work in this game :(. I think this lot is highly impractical to use as a residential lot, since you can't really lock certain sims out of specific appartments. I know of an old school building IRL that now has multiple appartments in it, I liked that idea so that's why I implemented it in this building. But it doesn't really work in-game. When I was playing it for the screenshot, all 8 sims scattered around the lot. And during dinner, pretty much everyone was eating in a different kitchen or in the garden :p. I think it could also just be used as one big home, just redesign the interior in different rooms.

However, I like the idea of a community lot best. It could definitely work as a library or museum. Or put it in a 50x50 lot and add lots of landscaping and define it as a park. Heh, it's actually a fairly versatile building :)
    What have I been up to lately? Cerrydd / #cerrydd in the gallery
    So here's a thing I'm not going to finish.

tumblr_nfb27l6wOx1s873l7o1_1280.png
    tumblr_nfb27l6wOx1s873l7o2_r1_1280.png

This thing is bugged to hell and back. Stuff disappears when changing things, so I decided to add the shelves last. Saved the lot and sent a family to the park... only to find windows, doors, pillars and decorations missing AGAIN. What a waste of time.

Remind me to stick to small projects :p
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,571 Member
    I am sorry that you are having problems with items disappearing from your build. The exterior architectural design of the build looks very great! :) It looks very nice how you have done the roofing! The balconies and patios look great! The pond area is very nice! It looks great how you have the enlarged elephant there! It looks very nice how you have placed the trees along the edges of the pond area and also the pirate ship area. The building structure on the back right hand side of the build looks great! It looks very nice how you have used the arches through the build. The different levels of the build, and how you have placed the steps looks great.
    I am sorry that you will be unable to finish and upload it.
    It is a pity that you cannot upload the lot because it looks awesome! I am loving the architecture! Great roofing! Looks very exotic and oriental! :D
  • Chris2fer03Chris2fer03 Posts: 650 Member
    I agree with yanti, it is awesome and the architecture is beyond amazing! :) We really need a fix for the object placement/disappearing issue, it is so annoying!
    Gallery ID: chris2fer03
    ~Showcase Thread~ ~Photobucket~
    ophze_zps7vbzpsi9.gif
    Congratulations for the Maxis feature on your Brering. :D
    Very deserving to be featured. :)
    YAY for the Maxis favourite! Congrats! :D Brering is beautiful!
    Holy moly, I just wanted to build something before starting my next playthrough of DA:I and was overwhelmed by notifications in the library! Thanks for the congrats, and thank you @RyeCris16 for nominating me! I was just staring at the screen, wondering why that house suddenly got so many downloads :p

-

I'm happy you guys at least saw I was going for an exotic look with my failed build. I'm really sad it didn't work out, but I did save it, so if things ever get fixed, I might finish it :) Right now, something simple as changing the wallpaint gets rid of so many things, it drove me crazy.

Hopefully whatever I come up with next will be more successful :D
    I will look forward to seeing your next build :) I am glad that you kept the other build, and that you may be able to work on it again one day and finish it.
    Cerrydd wrote: »
    Holy moly, I just wanted to build something before starting my next playthrough of DA:I and was overwhelmed by notifications in the library! Thanks for the congrats, and thank you @RyeCris16 for nominating me! I was just staring at the screen, wondering why that house suddenly got so many downloads :p

-

I'm happy you guys at least saw I was going for an exotic look with my failed build. I'm really sad it didn't work out, but I did save it, so if things ever get fixed, I might finish it :) Right now, something simple as changing the wallpaint gets rid of so many things, it drove me crazy.

Hopefully whatever I come up with next will be more successful :D

You're welcome, and I'm looking forward to your next build too. :)
  • GuruFanNo1GuruFanNo1 Posts: 389 Member
    Your builds are very nice I do I find you on the gallery?
    Your builds are very nice I do I find you on the gallery?

You can find them in the library by searching Origin ID Cerrydd or Hashtag cerrydd :)
  • bokylie1bokylie1 Posts: 804 Member
    Wonderful builds @Cerrydd
    Forum and Origin ID: bokylie1

edited January 2015
    Here's a new one :)

tumblr_ngjlqcCu5u1s873l7o3_1280.jpg
    tumblr_ngjlqcCu5u1s873l7o2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_ngjlqcCu5u1s873l7o1_1280.jpg

4 bedrooms (or 3 bedrooms and a guest bedroom), 2.5 bathrooms, two fitness/hobby rooms and a small pool to relax in. Built on a 20x30 lot and costs $123,309. Also comes with 2 parking spots ;) Gallery link: http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/1B002013831B11E485C6C558A3607224
    Post edited by Cerrydd on
    Your new home is very nice! :) Very nice exterior design of the home! The texture of the exterior is very nice. It looks very nice how you have placed the windows and used the columns in the build. The roofing looks great! The flower box windows are nice. It looks nice that you have placed birds decor on the front exterior for sims to see when coming to the home. Very nice corner triangular pool area! Sims will have fun swimming in the pool there, or enjoy sitting resting poolside on the seats there under the shade of the umbrella. It looks great how you have done the two car parking spots. The enlarged car there looks great ! Nice back porch for sims to enjoy cooking on the bbq and eating their meals outdoors at the table there. Sims will enjoy having a chat and a drink from the bar there too. Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior of the home! Nice living room for sims to enjoy sitting on the sofa watching tv, enjoying the sunlight coming in through the windows. The rabbit looks nice on the window alcove table, and the lamps look nice how you have placed them either side of the tv. It looks great that you have placed the pig on the ledge in the fireplace sitting room!
    It is a very nice home :)
    edited January 2015
    Thank you Rose!

Man, I really missed building in the few weeks I was busy with DA:I. There were a few ideas I wanted to incorporate in a future build:

- sunken living room with a 'window sill'
    - pool windows next to the living room
    - pillars in water
    - interior more to my taste, aka 'make eyes bleed by putting as many colours in as possible'

Aaaand that's how I came up with this new home :)

tumblr_nglzjtpWvz1s873l7o1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nglzjtpWvz1s873l7o4_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nglzjtpWvz1s873l7o2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nglzjtpWvz1s873l7o5_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nglzjtpWvz1s873l7o3_1280.jpg

It's built on a 20x30 lot and costs around $130,000. It currently has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, but there's an empty room which you can either turn into a hobby room or another bedroom. I'm quite happy with how the living room looks. Gallery link: http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/3A3276C4842311E486A137FBF57D4D90

I have to say, I'm really missing the colour wheel from TS3, even though I never used it back then. There isn't enough pastel coloured furniture and the colours of wallpaint aren't exactly the hue I want it to be. For example, the green and pink in one of the bathrooms... in my previous home, we painted the bathroom with bright green and pink stripes, but there aren't any colours that come close enough in the base game, so I had to settle for this. I'd still live in it in real life though ;)

I should've probably fenced off the other side of the pool though. That sim shouldn't be standing there on the roof. I hope they won't jump off hahaha
    Post edited by Cerrydd on
    Your new home is very nice! :) The design of it is very nice! It looks great how you have placed the pillars in the water. The water surrounding the home and the water fountains in it is very nice. The rooftop looks great! It looks nice how you have placed the windows there. It looks great that you have a side steps entrance to the home. Very nice rooftop pool! It looks great how you have placed pool windows in your build. Very nice furnishing of and layout of the interior of the home! The colours that you have used for the furnishings and walls through the home look very nice! The purple colour scheme of the kitchen looks nice. It looks great how you have placed the cabinets in the kitchen. Very nice sunken down living room! The different coloured sofas and lamps there create a great look in the room! Very nice master bedroom! It looks very nice how you placed the cabinets there and created a vanity table. It looks nice how you have used both red and green blinds in the dining room area. The colourful jigsaw pattern on the kids bedroom flooring looks great there.
    It is a very nice colourful home, with a very nice exterior design. :)
    Your two new lots are very awesome! :D
    Bricky - Great architecture, love the use of exterior wall pattern. Nice wall trims btw. I also like your customized parking area. Your landscaping is very adorable too. I like your pool shape in backyard area, and even the use of plants. And your interior part, awesome!
    Burble - Very great modern feel. I like the exterior wall patterns, roofing, and upper-level pool. I like that landscaping too. Great use of fountains and plants. And your interior is very adorable too. I like the colors and the sunken living area. Adding to my faves.
    Gonna love them. :D
    Thank you both! I'm really fond of the living room with those wannabe 'window sills', I think I'll use it again in a future build.

I'm curious to see if the new patch adds some more build-related things aside from MOO :) I really got my building mojo back.
  • DelsDels Posts: 289 Member
    Absolutely fantastic works Cerrydd ! I like your creative blocks like this and stylish houses like this .Pink house looks like a fairy tale :) Very nice works
    2 different style of builds and both looks gorgeous! Love the architecture of the traditional home. Love the pool, fountains and the colours you have used for the modern home. Good job! :D