Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cerrydd's buildings - Sulrise & Hungry Hungry Hipsters

Comments

• HaylziesHaylzies Posts: 168 Member
    Love it, both inside and out :)
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    WOW! That is very creative! I am loving the roof! Very unique! Great job with the interiors too! Will be adding to my favourites when I open the game. (*) (*) (*)
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    Wednesday is a fantastic design, love how you've structured the roof and the interiors are stunning :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    Rats, I meant to post how much I love this build much sooner! I think your combination of architecture and colors on the exterior is spot on to make a very striking and unique look. While I can see some of your inspiration in it, I love that you took it and made it your own. Some very cool MOO'd stuff in the interior too. Great work! :)
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • CerryddCerrydd Posts: 471 Member
    LadyDaKare wrote: »
    Yup, FYI, it's called Plank Siding. At least down in the South (USA) that's what they call it.

Thank you! Never too old to learn :D
    Vihisha wrote: »
    WOW! There r so many things I like about Wednesday! The overall presentation is great...just the front view makes me WANT 2 c what's inside it's walls! What a great use of space =) I have yet 2 c someone make a roof/entrance quite like what u did here (fabulous) & turning those blinds into siding...super cool!

Thank you :) Happy to hear the roof entrance had the intended effect! I was hoping it would make people curious about what's behind the big black roof :D

And thank you Lyssia, Haylzies, Yanti, Masajo and Bry! I appreciate the comments, they mean a lot to me :D

I'm getting close to finishing the campus. I really need to finish it soon, because the sheer amount of items is starting to freak out my laptop and I don't want it to die on me just yet!
    What have I been up to lately? Cerrydd / #cerrydd in the gallery
    When I actually play a Sim (which is rare :p ), I like to create a household with 8 generally fun Sims to be around. I prefer my Sims befriending people I 'know', rather than the random NPC's that show up. That's what gave me the idea to do a campus/dorm build, in which this household could live. I'm extremely happy this thing is finally done!

tumblr_njdoixfo0V1s873l7o3_1280.jpg

The building is fairly simple and straightforward. There were 3 things I wanted: towers, dark/grim bricks and an inner plaza with a pool. I wanted it to look huge and old on the outside. I added big curtains, which are supposed to look like banners (total fail yes/no).

It ended up a bit bigger than planned, though. I initially wanted the appartments to be smaller, with no separate bedroom. But as I went along, I figured everything may as well be more luxurious. As opposed to real life, Sims can just motherlode their way into something this big and fancy :p

tumblr_njdoixfo0V1s873l7o1_1280.jpg

The 8 seperate appartments are styled in different colours and each has a small living/kitchen area, bathroom and bedroom.

tumblr_njdoixfo0V1s873l7o4_1280.jpg
    tumblr_njdoixfo0V1s873l7o6_1280.jpg

I won't post all the pics, but aside from the appartments, the campus has:
    - a shared living room (spot the half-naked man in the screenshot :p )
    - cantina
    - library/study
    - fitness
    - workbench/bonsai tree room
    - painting room
    - music room
    - biology room
    - a bar/lounge
    - lecture room
    - inner plaza with a small pool
    - 3 small parks to relax in

I also added emotion-enhancing objects in the skill rooms, so your simmies can really boost their skills quickly (though you'll have to activate them manually). It basically has everything young adults need for the start of the real life :) It's named Grand Dormitory, costs $907,828 and uses a 50x50 lot.

More pictures here
    Gallery link here

I have also uploaded the household I unleashed to playtest this build, in case anyone needs more young adults in their neighbourhood :p

tumblr_inline_njdn2zLybd1rhdtka.jpg
    tumblr_inline_njdn3mJuLK1rhdtka.jpg

Gallery link here

My laptop had a really hard time with this build, LOL. Just loading the lot was taking longer and longer. I had to place it multiple times to iron out the problems with MOO'd objects that ended up in the household inventory. This house + 8 sims running amok really put a strain on my laptop.

All in all, a pretty useless build, since we still can't lock out sims from specific rooms. But hey, at least I won't have to feel guilty for putting 8 sims in a 1 bed/1 bath starter... :p

Okay, it's finally done. I think I'm going to build some starters now :p
  • SummerFallsSummerFalls Posts: 6,413 Member
    OMG! Grand Dormitory looks awesome! It's a very detailed and amazing build, and I REALLY LOVE the Library / Study, but that might just be because I love reading and writing.
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
    Origin ID: SummerFalls
    House: Ravenclaw/Wampus - Wand: Alder wood with Unicorn hair core 10 ¾" and Slightly Springy flexibility - Patronus: Neblung Cat
    | Simblr | Youtube | I love creating sims! |
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,521 Member
    Grand Dormitory is a very nice and very detailed build! :) It looks great! Very nice exterior design of it! The roofing and the towers look great! The texture of the exterior looks great and suits the type of build. It looks great how you have placed and used the curtains as banners. The type of and placement of the windows in the build look great. Very nice layout of the build, both the interior and outdoirsNice! Very nice outdoors areas! It looks very nice how you have done the alcove area where you have placed the water fountain features around the edges of the girl statue! The flowers look nice around the base of the statue, and the hedge fencing and arch entrance looks nice. It looks very nice how you have done the two rows of water fountains that are alternated with the plants! Great gardening and observatory alcove ! It looks great how you have placed the garden boxes around the edges of the observatory so Sims can come and both use the telescope as well as enjoy growing and harvesting plants there. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the dormitory! It is great that you have furnished each apartment in different styles and using different colours. The interiors look great! Very nice library and study room! It looks nice how you have placed the bookcases and have set up the study desks area there. Nice music room. The musician themed pictures are nice themed touches on the wall, and are nice for sims to see whilst playing or listening to music there. Very nice furnishing of the lecture room! It looks great how you have set up the tables and chairs in the room, and the blackboards on the wall look great! The gym is a great place for sims to enjoy keeping fit using the treadmills. It looks great how you have a row of treadmills facing the windows for sims to enjoy keeping fit together with the other sims and also looking out through the windows whilst training. It looks great how you have placed the items on the wall shelves in the wood work room. Sims will enjoy doing wood crafting there, and the wooden wall texture suits the type of room. Sim will enjoy paining on the easels in the art room. The art themed decor looks great there, and it is great that you have placed a gnome in the room! Very nice indoors sunken down dining and pool patio! Sims will enjoy cooking on the bbq and eating their meals together at the table there. The water fountain feature is nice for sims to see whilst dining there or having fun swimming in the pool. Very nice bar room! It looks very nice how you have placed the kitchen cabinets and drinks display cabinets there! Nice island curved bar stool counter for sims to enjoy sitting at and having a drink. It looks great how you placed the glass and umbrella in the middle of the counter ! Each of the apartments look very nice! There are many nice details throughout the build! Your sims in the household who tested your build are very nice too.
    It is a very detailed and great build! :)
  • TheGreenLionTheGreenLion Posts: 1,635 Member
    Great job on the Grand Dormitory Cerrydd, it is indeed very grand! :p Nice work on the architecture and the park areas outside, the interiors are awesome (so many rooms, so much detail! :o ), very cool that you've made it capable of functioning as a dormitory even if we have to stretch a little to role-play it, congratulations on completing it! :D
  • RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Grand Dormitory is super gorgeous and grand! :D
    I really love your architectural part, especially with your enlarged curtains and that roofing. I believe you really put a lot of force and effort for this awesome architecture, right? Anyway, I also love your landscaping. I especially love the use of arched fountain. Did you play-tested it for routing? And your interior, super amazing! I love the use of different color schemes and furnishing styles in each room.
    I really love it! I'm not sure if I already faved it, but if not, I'm adding this to my faves. :D

Plus, your created Sims are very nice too! Each of them have their own unique personality. Adding them to my faves too! :D
    Another plus, I got a good laugh regarding a half-naked man from the screenshot, which I spotted. :#
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Pretty amazing roofing on your latest modern home very clever and creative work their <3
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

Thank you Rose for your ever detailed and lovely comments! <3
    OMG! Grand Dormitory looks awesome! It's a very detailed and amazing build, and I REALLY LOVE the Library / Study, but that might just be because I love reading and writing.

Thank you! Yes, lots and lots of details, it was terrible to furnish :p It's why it took so long to finish, I really couldn't work for too long on this build, had to switch to other lots every now and then :)
    Great job on the Grand Dormitory Cerrydd, it is indeed very grand! :p Nice work on the architecture and the park areas outside, the interiors are awesome (so many rooms, so much detail! :o ), very cool that you've made it capable of functioning as a dormitory even if we have to stretch a little to role-play it, congratulations on completing it! :D

Yeah sorry, no original name this time :p Happy you like the parks, I should really pick up some gardening magazines for tips though :p I really like the parks, but they feel very disjointed to me. But eh, I tried :D Thank you!
    RyeCris16 wrote: »
    Grand Dormitory is super gorgeous and grand! :D
    I really love your architectural part, especially with your enlarged curtains and that roofing. I believe you really put a lot of force and effort for this awesome architecture, right? Anyway, I also love your landscaping. I especially love the use of arched fountain. Did you play-tested it for routing? And your interior, super amazing! I love the use of different color schemes and furnishing styles in each room.
    I really love it! I'm not sure if I already faved it, but if not, I'm adding this to my faves. :D

Plus, your created Sims are very nice too! Each of them have their own unique personality. Adding them to my faves too! :D
    Another plus, I got a good laugh regarding a half-naked man from the screenshot, which I spotted. :#

Thanks Rye! Yes, the arched fountains work! :D Sims will just walk through them. I was really happy it worked! Half-naked Philip walking into the living room while I was taking screenshots really made me laugh, I just had to include it :D

And thank you Marcel for your kind comment!

Small preview of my current WIPs:
    tumblr_njdr06bzWb1s873l7o3_r1_250.pngtumblr_njdr06bzWb1s873l7o2_r1_250.pngtumblr_njdr06bzWb1s873l7o4_r1_250.pngtumblr_njdr06bzWb1s873l7o5_r1_250.png

No idea which will be finished first :)
    Your WIPS look great! :) Very nice exterior designs of them! I will look forward to seeing the finished builds, and seeing which one that you finish first! :) Have fun working on them :)
    I figured I should just finish the WIP which has been a WIP the longest, so here it is!

tumblr_njm1w0lKNM1s873l7o4_1280.jpg

I started this during Greenhouse Farm when I figured out the roofing line stuff. It's fairly hard to pull off when you're not doing this on 'roof level', you can't place roofs in enclosed spaces like rooms. However, dividing the one room into multiple rooms doesn't delete the roof you're using for the lines.... ehhhhhh never mind, I can't figure out how to explain it, LOL! Picking colours for the exterior took ages again (I've noticed that's probably what I spend way too much time on, trying out different patterns and bricks and colours). I wanted to keep it fun and quirky though (hence the name Quirk), so I went for the red/yellow/green/blue with a touch of orange. It's also a bit of a throwback to my Zohee museum in a way :) Plenty of whites and blacks to not make it too crazy. (I hope :p)

tumblr_njm1w0lKNM1s873l7o2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_njm1w0lKNM1s873l7o3_1280.jpg

I'm kind of burning out on furnishing ideas so the interiors are quite simple. It has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms on a 30x20 lot. There's a balcony and a backyard with a pool. The blue bar area has all the liquor cabinets safely locked away ;) There's a small seating area under the roof next to the red bedroom.

tumblr_njm1w0lKNM1s873l7o1_1280.jpg

The layout on the second floor is a bit weird, because of the whole 'can't place roofs in enclosed spaces'. I had to make some weird divisions to ensure the roof wouldn't get destroyed.

Gallery link: http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/E55A1200B1F611E486D1558EB28034C3

On one hand I'm glad I've built it diagonally, because it makes the front look a lot more awesome. But it's really annoying to furnish, especially with curtains and blinds sometimes not fitting, and stairs aren't really made for diagonal rooms.

Well, I'm happy to scratch another one off my to do list :p
  • WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Cerry, Grand Dormitory is Awesome! I especially love that gorgeous kitchen and dining area! :) And the classroom is Adorable!

Quirk is such a Cool design!! I love the shape and color choices for the exterior. Boy you've gotten so good with the roof tool! I need to practice. :p The interiors look great! I especially like the dining area and that cool glassed in tower on the desk. Very original. ;)
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited February 2015
    Oh WOW! <3 Kudos for your creativity! I am just loving that roof! WOW! Love the colours you have used for the interiors too! Brilliant job! Will be adding to my favourites when I visit the gallery. (*) (*) (*)

Edit: Almost missed the campus/dorm build! Again lovely architecture! Love the towers! Looks so imposing and grand! Great job. Will be adding to my favourites! :D
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    Fantastic architecture on Grand Dormitory, really makes a statement. Quirk is a superb design, very unique, original and creative, love the exterior colours chosen, great work :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    The exterior design of Quirk is so very nice! :) It is creative and great! It looks very nice the variety of colours that you have used for the exterior of the home! The roofing is very great! It looks very nice how you have placed the windows in the build. Very nice layout of the build! The pool and bar patio is very nice! The patterning on the ground on the front and back patios looks nice. It looks great how you have done the covered over triangular roof sitting area corner nook! Sims will enjoy sitting there chatting and watching other sims who are having fun in the pool. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! Very nice colours that you have used for the walls and furnishings in the rooms. It looks great how you have done the study desk around the glassed structure! Very nice dining room! Sims will enjoy looking out through the windows whilst eating their meals. It looks nice that you have placed a row of white lamps there. The white and green colour scheme of the room looks very nice, and the patterned floor rug adds a nice look to the room too. Nice tv watching area. The clock is a nice home touch on the wall. The bedrooms are nice. The blue and white colour scheme of the bar room looks nice. Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools having a drink from the bar.
    The design, colours and layout of the home is very nice! :)
  • VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    I was super excited looking @ the newest uploads on my gallery "wall" when I saw this house. I left comments there on the Gallery...This build is WICKED AWESOME! The design in general..says it all!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • gypsygypsy Posts: 48 Member
    Can I just say that "Quirk" really is the most wonderful build I've seen on this site, I love these perfect shapes you've made, the interior is wonderful and the whole thing just really *clicks* with me. You've done some fabulous work!!!
    I'm Clementine. Can I... borrow a piece of your chicken?
  • RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Quirk is very wacky (really, I truly love lots with wacky architectures) and awesome! :D
    Your architectural detail is very impressive and amazing! I especially like your use of roofing to form a diamond. Your landscaping part looks very adorable too! I especially like your pathway at the front, and your interior, amazing! I felt your pain when it comes to diagonals. I hope we can have diagonal stairways.
    I love it! I'm not sure if I already added this to my faves. :D
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
    RyeCris16 wrote: »
    Quirk is very wacky (really, I truly love lots with wacky architectures) and awesome! :D
    Your architectural detail is very impressive and amazing! I especially like your use of roofing to form a diamond. Your landscaping part looks very adorable too! I especially like your pathway at the front, and your interior, amazing! I felt your pain when it comes to diagonals. I hope we can have diagonal stairways.
    I love it! I'm not sure if I already added this to my faves. :D

Thanks Rye! Yes, the game isn't very friendly when it comes to diagonal buildings, it's why I generally try to stay away from too many diagonal lines, even though they often make a building look more awesome!
    Can I just say that "Quirk" really is the most wonderful build I've seen on this site, I love these perfect shapes you've made, the interior is wonderful and the whole thing just really *clicks* with me. You've done some fabulous work!!!

Wow, thank you! That's a huge compliment and I'm very happy you like it so much! To be honest, when I'm picking colours for my builds, I often wonder whether I should keep it down or not to make it more accessible for different kinds of Sims. But I just really enjoy bright colours, and the world could use more of it! ;) (and kudos for your avatar, it's my favourite movie :D)
    Cerry, Grand Dormitory is Awesome! I especially love that gorgeous kitchen and dining area! :) And the classroom is Adorable!

Quirk is such a Cool design!! I love the shape and color choices for the exterior. Boy you've gotten so good with the roof tool! I need to practice. :p The interiors look great! I especially like the dining area and that cool glassed in tower on the desk. Very original. ;)

Haaa yes the roofing tool can be so much fun sometimes! I currently don't have crazy roof homes planned though, so my next builds will be very 'normal' :p Thanks Cath!

And thank you Yanti, Masajo, Rose and Vihisha! I appreciate every single comment and those really keep me going when it comes to building! :D I still enjoy building so much, but I do feel like I'm reaching my limit when it comes to furnishing, it just gets really hard to create cool new rooms with the same items all the time. Thanks for all the support <3
  • gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    WOW! your builds are amazing. I especially like the one that you are using for your avi. I love the way you use your colors. I'm feeling inspired. :D
    edited February 2015
    Another build can leave WIPdom :D

I came across this image on the interwebz

ColonialRevival-1039.jpg
    (source)

and I really loved those grand pillars at the entrance. We can't enlarge pillars in the game, but we can at least stack them! (sidenote: when I found the pic, I didn't bother to read the text and I had no idea it's a real building. I thought it was a concept XD I only found out a yesterday ago when I was finishing up this build. The real place looks huge!)

And this is what I made of it:

tumblr_njtij6ELu51s873l7o2_1280.jpg

Probably the most classy and therefore unCerry thing I've made so far :p I've wanted to do something with the blue doors and windows for a while now and figured it would fit here. The top balcony is purely cosmetic, I didn't want to exchange the shutter window for a door. I'm not content with the flat back of the building. I tried out different things, but nothing seemed to work in my eyes. That's definitely something I want to improve in the future. It's also one of the reasons I still haven't redone the second Block Party home yet, it has a flat back and I have to figure out a way to make it prettier. But at least this new build has a pretty front to look at :p

On to the interiors:

tumblr_njtij6ELu51s873l7o4_1280.jpg
    tumblr_njtij6ELu51s873l7o1_1280.jpg

I wanted the blue from the shutters to reflect in the interior, so it has a lot of blue. I paired it with white, brown and creamy/vanilla/whatevers. I forced myself to stay with those colours, though I couldn't resist throwing some pink into the teen girl bedroom. The home has 5 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms and is built on a 40x30 lot. I had an easy time picking patterns for the exterior for once, but I had the hardest time thinking of a name. In blue... in bloom... In Bluem! Terrible terrible terrible XD

tumblr_njtij6ELu51s873l7o3_1280.jpg

Gallery link: http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/7AC3D1BDB52111E486D33A1A21ED82BD

With Quirk and In Bluem done, I still have these two left burning in the depths of WIPdom:

tumblr_njdr06bzWb1s873l7o4_r1_250.pngtumblr_njdr06bzWb1s873l7o5_r1_250.png

I also started a library though... I'm probably spreading myself thin by doing so many things at once, but I really want to make most of my inspired moodlet. The last time I've felt this creative was probably 20 years ago :p
    In Bluem is a very nice home! :) The exterior of the home is so very nice! Your sims game version of the real life home reflects it well! It looks very nice how you have used the pillars in the build! The entrance area is very nice! The roofing is very nice! It looks nice how you have used the open shutter windows in the build. Very nice wraparound porch! It looks very nice how you have placed the rows of plants in the two angles at the front of the home! The plants also look nice how you have placed them either sides of the front steps and front doors. The way you have placed the plants gives a great look to the entry area! The upper balcony is very nice! The dome shaped part of the building where the living room is looks very nice! It looks very nice how you have done the roofing and placed the windows! It would be a very nice light filled place for sims to enjoy sitting on the seating there, having a chat and a read and enjoying the sunshine coming in through the windows. It looks nice how you have placed the sofas and armchairs there. The fruit bowl on the coffee table and the plants either sides of the bookcase add nice touches in the room. Very nice backyard area! The gazebo is very nice! Sims will enjoy sitting on the seats in the gazebo there, enjoying the outdoors air and the views. The water fountain feature is very nice! It looks nice that you have placed it there for sims to enjoy seeing whilst in the gazebo or sitting on the outdoors seat bench. Child sims will have fun playing on the monkey bars. It looks nice how you have used the hedge fencing. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! Nice colour scheme of the rooms. Very nice kitchen! The wall pattern is nice. It looks great that you have an island stove counter, and the placement of the cabinets on the walls is nice. The sun decor is a nice touch on the wall. The living room is very nice! Sims will enjoy sitting chatting on the seats. The flowers on the side table are pretty for sims to see whilst sitting there, and the tissue box is a nice home touch. It looks nice how you have placed the screen shade there to separate off the sofa and armchairs seating area. Very nice study room! It looks great how you have angled the study desk and created a study desk corner nook. Sims will enjoy sitting there using the computer or having a read of a book. The teasets in the dining table and the plates on the wall in the dining room are nice for sims to see as they enjoy eating their meals there. Very nice bedrooms! The pink and white colour scheme of the girls bedroom looks pretty! It looks very nice how you have placed the cabinets over the bedhead! The way you have done the bed head area in the first diuble bedroom looks very nice! It looks great how you have created an alcove section there and placed a ledge with a plant and books on it and have pictures on the wall. It looks very nice how you have placed the curtains in the roomd through the home!
    It is a very nice home! :)