Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dragon Age: Inquisition!

Fordee09Fordee09 Posts: 7,341 Member
So, the reviews have started to come in regarding Dragon Age: Inquisition! And, so far, they've all been fairly positive- well, at least from the ones I've read. A lot of sites have been giving a score of 90- an' above.

So, in preparation for Dragon Age III: Inquisition, what are you looking forward to the most, who is your Inquisitor going to be, and most importantly; who is your Inquisitor going to get freaky with? ;P

I'm most looking forward to the new and improved Character Creation; and also the return of Morrigan! Hopefully we can at least catch a glimpse of my Warden's God-Child!

My Inquisitor is going to be either a human male, or a Qunari male; I played as an elf in DA:O, so, I want to mix it up a bit. I'll probably be a rogue, or a warrior, as I played a Mage Hawke in DA2. And, in hopes of mixing it up a bit more- my Inquisitor will be a complete jerk to most people, as, I had a very humorous Warden, and a very nice Hawke. So, I think it is about time I play as a jerk!

And, finally, I will probably romance Cassandra, since, unfortunately- male Inquisitors only have three romance options. I was going to romance Sera, but, then we found out she is only interested in females.

Anyway; I can't wait for the game. I'm marking the days until I get my hands on it. Hopefully the game is as good as reviews have said!
tumblr_mnt6wnw49M1rx891yo2_500.gif

Comments

• plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    The animal cruelty may harm this game. I was watching the IGN video and noted the female presenter's "Oh my gosh!" when the player does what he does to the white fox thing - the kick to the face, was kind of the trigger-point.
  • Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    I'm still debating on if im going to get DA or wait a bit for Pillars of Eternity since i cant afford to get both . If i do end up getting DA it would be a rouge like character as for who I'd romance i have no idea
  • AnnePlaysAnnePlays Posts: 2,504 Member
    edited November 2014
    I'll play it for one reason enough:
    bruqac6caaasld0_thumb.jpg
    <3<3<3
    muscle_gumball_by_vanillycake-d4a9ida.png
  • ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    It feels strange but I'm so happy DAI is out earlier than I thought it would be. It feels good to have a reason to return to my console save for my classic Dynasty Warriors Empires games.
    I'm preloading it for release in 3 hours.

I was attracted to the fact that the game-world is larger than before and a bit more free-roaming, ie less linear.

It has to be more interesting than The Sims 4.
  • take0nmetake0nme Posts: 3,682 Member
    I can't wait to get my hands on it! When I come back from my trip, I'm going to Best Buy :D
    DyFJE8G.jpg
    The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Gallery ID : sharipants
    Half an hour to go!!!

It better not suck - I haven't got any food to offset any trauma.
  • GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    I like the looks of the series ... I might need to start with the first one though.
  • Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    If you get DA: O try to find it on sale with the DLC . You actually missed the give away on Origin a while back .
  • shadowcat85shadowcat85 Posts: 5,219 Member
    Gruffman wrote: »
    I like the looks of the series ... I might need to start with the first one though.

The first one is awesome, the second alot of people didn't like, idk why personally I enjoyed playing it.
    I haven't played Inquisition yet but it looks pretty awesome. :)
    tumblr_inline_ne699tiMiG1r36c5t.gif

I'm not sure I like the list of companions you can have:

http://www.dragonage.com/#!/en_US/characters

http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Companions_and_advisors_(Inquisition)

The only one I like the look of is Leliana - I've had her before in Dragon Age.

Leliana-profile-Blue.jpg

I especially don't like the look of these:
    Blackwall
    Dorian
    Sera
    Solas

Vivienne looks like that Minaj girl:

Vivienne_profile.jpg
    Wait a minute.

Dragon Age: Inquisition PC players frustrated by controls
    The initial response from PC players to the keyboard and mouse control scheme in Dragon Age: Inquisition has not been particularly positive.
    http://www.incgamers.com/2014/11/dragon-age-inquisition-pc-players-frustrated-by-controls
    Wow, graphically it is really good - better than I expected - I set it all to Ultra and it runs fine. I am not getting any problems with it.

The controls are a bit squiffy, but I'm doing okay - it's not as bad as I thought it might be.

There's a lot to explore - the starting area is pretty big.

The biggest surprise is the graphics though - didn't expect it to be so visually appealing and crisp-looking.
    The main problem for me is you mouse-look via holding the right mouse button and you attack with the left mouse button - but you also pick stuff up with the right mouse button - you have to stop, very near, the thing you want to pick up and use the right mouse button linked to a cursor - I find it a bit clumsy and I am always shooting my stick off, because I keep using the left mouse because my brain is wired to mouse-looking with the right one. Anyway, I turned off the friendly damage so it doesn't kill anyone - but it's still a bit clumsy.

Plus, you can't shoot your stick and move at the same time. So, you have to stop firing and then move, then start firming again.
    I hate the inventory screen - it's like it took a one-way ticket to Console City and took me cheeseburger with it.
    I got a refund on the game - it looks okay, but I just found it was boring and they still use the same dumb dialogue system that has the same flaws.

When I spent 10+ mins with the bald, elf, mage (whilst smashing my head against my keyboard), I realised that enough is enough.

You only have to look at the PC audio options to see this thing is screaming console port.

I can always buy it again when it is in the bargain bin.