Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wallpaper height problem

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    _orangemittens__orangemittens_ Posts: 512 Member
    Well, now that those are working I'm trying to see where the break point is. I have two more if you're willing to try them:

2 More Wall Tests

Same as before these will overwrite the one you have so they can't be tested at the same time.
  • Options
    warmewarme Posts: 37 Member
    > @_orangemittens_ said:
    > Well, now that those are working I'm trying to see where the break point is. I have two more if you're willing to try them:
    >
    > 2 More Wall Tests
    >
    > Same as before these will overwrite the one you have so they can't be tested at the same time.

1b worked fine on all wall heights, they had little numbers and symbols on them, 2b worked fine also but they looked like proper patterned wallpapers.
  • Options
    I think this might be the last test if you don't mind giving it a try. It will overwrite the old same as before. It should look like dirt wall with a single aqua line on it.

One Wall Test
  • Options
    > @_orangemittens_ said:
    > I think this might be the last test if you don't mind giving it a try. It will overwrite the old same as before. It should look like dirt wall with a single aqua line on it.
    >
    > One Wall Test

This one ONLY worked on medium walls.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    We've got it then I think. The walls that are working for you have images that are sized how EA sizes their wall images. The walls which are not working for you are sized as a few tutorials and threads are instructing people to size them.

The wall you described that worked for you, which I downloaded, is sized like EA's. All the test walls I've given you that have worked are also sized like EA's. This last one, which didn't work, is sized how most people are sizing their walls.

The small wall in those cases is 256 x 768 which is not a power of two as EA's wall images are. The large wall is far larger than EA's largest and, perhaps, isn't working because of some size limitation. The medium wall, the only one which consistently shows for you, is 256 x 1024, which is a power of 2 and no larger than EA's largest image.

I think if you were to export the tall and short images from a wall that isn't working, resize them to EA's specification, and import them back in that the walls you've downloaded will work for you. I have no idea why they work for so many other people and don't work for you but I think we've discovered what it is about them that make them a problem in your game.
  • Options
    BakieBakie Posts: 279 Member
    warme wrote: »
    I'm the Kadaggle poster on this MTS thread haha! Thank you though!
    Tried you nemo wallpaper, awesome btw, and the thumbnail was a big rainbow question mark and it only worked on medium heights :( Sad times. Maybe there is something wrong with my game because it seems a bit strange that it happens nearly everytime? I've re-installed my game recently because of a different issue and this was all the same so I know that won't do it.

Ow haha :wink:
    It's nice that _orangemittens_ discovered where the problem comes from but very strange it only happens to so few people.
    I hope that it will get solved for you!
    Want to make your own Custom Content for The Sims 4, but don't know how to start? Please visit my Youtube Channel for multiple English Spoken tutorials:
    <url="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrMuxltq5mlcMjf6h7qrKzQ">BakieGaming YouTube Channel</url>
  • Options
    > @_orangemittens_ said:
    > We've got it then I think. The walls that are working for you have images that are sized how EA sizes their wall images. The walls which are not working for you are sized as a few tutorials and threads are instructing people to size them.
    >
    This is so so helpful, thank you so much for everything! It's a wonder why the one wall I downloaded, which was just one out of many that I'd downloaded from that user, seemed to be made in the EA standard when the rest weren't. Is Wallez the programme that you used? How would I go about exporting them and changing them? I don't mind if you've had enough of telling me about wallpapers, you've helped me so much already as it is!
  • Options
    I use Sims 4 Studio and, from looking inside the .package, the one wall you downloaded that worked was also made using Sims 4 Studio. You can download that from HERE.

The Wall Tutorial for Sims 4 Studio shows how to make wall images the correct size and will also show you how to export them and change them. The forum there is friendly so if you run into questions about how to do this you can always ask them there. :)

Wallez cannot export images from a wall .package so that tool won't be of much help.
  • Options
    steve7859steve7859 Posts: 3,824 Member
    I use the sims 4 studio and paint.net to make wall coverings and ive yet to have this problem