Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Las Brisas-A Tuscan Lot (feedback welcome)

BreanneStoneBreanneStone Posts: 831 New Member
Hello everyone! I know a few of you have been waiting for me to get this up...It's been a longer time in coming (been busy...sorry!). I've finally got it finished and uploaded.

LasBrisasCovershotThirdTryPhotos-1.jpg

Las Brisas is a Tuscan styled lot which is fully landscaped and furnished. The lot comes complete with courtyard, pool/entertaining area, cabana, 2 bedrooms, 4 baths, living/dining/kitchen area, study, and 2 car garage. I've also included a small vegetable garden (already planted!) in the back corner.

Unfurnished Price: 83,208
Furnished Price: 140,710
Fully Play Tested (3 chairs are non-functional--for decor purposes only)
CC included on this one (RoboKitty @ MTS2--patterns, Susan @ CC4Sims (pattern), and Sims Art Gallery (artwork). Links for CC are in the story, as are additional screenshots if you are interested!

Screenshot-33-1.jpg
Outside entertain area raised next to the pool (mosaic tile used is from Robokitty)

Screenshot-5.jpg
Study...(pattern used is from Robokitty)

Screenshot-6-2.jpg
Living area...(pattern used is from...yep, you guessed it...Robokitty)

Screenshot-15-1.jpg
Cabana...

If you would like to view more screenshots, you can do so here: Las Brisas Story.

If you would like to download the lot you can find it here: Las Brisas.

I would greatly appreciate any feedback that anyone would like to take the time to give, especially if you have downloaded the lot and played/walked through it. Thanks so much!! :D

Comments

• MumsyMumsy Posts: 666 New Member
    edited August 2009
    CC included on this one (RoboKitty @ MTS2--patterns, Susan @ CC4Sims (pattern), and Sims Art Gallery (artwork).

I was under the impression that I had to have the pictures from Sims Art Gallery myself in order for them to show.. Do you know if this is correct? Or will they come with the home..like a package deal kind of thing

OOPS.. forgot to mention - GORGEOUS build! :D

~Mumsy
  • BreanneStoneBreanneStone Posts: 831 New Member
    edited August 2009
    You know, Mumsy, I'm really not sure. This is the first time that I've ever used CC such as this in any of my lots. I would be very interested in finding out the answer to that myself if anyone else knows. I made sure to give credit and a link in the story that goes along with the lot, as well as in any threads I posted in and the description of the lot. If they don't show up, hopefully people will be able to track it down to the site and grab them there. Even if they don't, though, I only used a few pictures throughout the house in trival areas...Nothing too important if they don't show up...you probably wouldn't even notice that anything was supposed to be there.

Thank you so much for the kind compliment, by the way! I appreciate it! :D
  • TnT_TJTnT_TJ Posts: 479 Member
    edited August 2009
    I want to live in this house :o). It is absolutely stunning, and it has warm and welcoming feel to it. Absolutely love the cabana :o). Highly recommended!
  • AnjubeeAnjubee Posts: 1,935 Member
    edited August 2009
    I am really loving all the drapes in the cabana too.. and that tile on the raised porch is just fabulous! On my way to rec! :mrgreen:
    edited August 2009
    Oh, thank you so much TnT! I really like the cabana as well. Since I couldn't make a true cabana, I did what I could! I want to live there too, by the way. :lol:

Anjubee-Thank you so much!! That means so much coming from such a wonderful buidler as yourself! WhooHoo! :D

EDIT: TnT, I just checked out your Sims page and...Wow! Your builds are AMAZING! I rec'd both of your lots and will download them as well. From the screenshots that I've seen, you've done a fabulous job with the decorating and there are so many creative details...I'm going to have to run off and check them all out! VERY nice!!
    edited August 2009
    Hello everyone...After talking with a friend of mine who has installed this lot, I realized that the CC patterns that I've used on and off throughout the house won't show up unless you have the originals downloaded already. I thought they uploaded with the house, but apparently not. So, if you do download this lot you will want to grab them if you want it to be the way that I've created it/shown in the screenshots.

Here are the links:

MTS2--Robokitty Grungy Victorian Patterns
    MTS2--Robokitty Faded Florals I used the "stock flowers" one in the study.
    MTS2-Robokitty Mexican Tiles

cc4Sims--SusanJoan Susan's Patterns I used the Moroccan style on a vase.

Sims Art Gallery--Cinnamon Roads and Songbirds and Sunset.

I apologize for not posting the links earlier everyone. I thought that the CC would upload with the lot, but no such luck. Sadness...
  • debra1970pdebra1970p Posts: 4,652 Member
    edited August 2009
    I love this house! where did you get the terracotta floor tiles in the 1st and last pics?
    edited August 2009
    debra1970p wrote:
    I love this house! where did you get the terracotta floor tiles in the 1st and last pics?

Thank you so much! They are actually EA given tiles. I'm popping off to bed right now, but if I get a chance I will jump on my game tomorrow moring and check under which section EA has them. I can't recall off the top of my head. I will also check, but I'm pretty sure that I didn't alter the color on them at all either...it's the same color that EA offers for that tile. I'll get back to you tomorrow! :D
  • lordbuffingtonlordbuffington Posts: 28 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Breanne,

This is probably one of my most favorite lots so far. The main thing I like about the interior is that the walls/floors/decor aren't too busy. I think when you start putting too many patterns in Sims homes, it's harder to look at and not esthetically pleasing. This home is perfect, in my opinion, just because the colors are muted and flow together beautifully.

While I am unable to download your lot at my office computer, I was sure to add it to my favorites, and recommended it as well. Great job!

lordbuffington
  • ricslady99ricslady99 Posts: 1,081 Member
    edited August 2009
    This is just beautiful :thumbup: rec'd
  • SparkleSparkle Posts: 1,476 Member
    edited August 2009
    Is this the one you were asking for cover shot help with?

It's absolutely gorgeous. The warm tones and furnishings suit it perfectly and your little raised patio really adds to the feel of them home being outside as well as in. I love the tile you've used on the pool, has a definite med/middle east feel to it. The colours you've used go brilliantly together.

I'm a big fan of all your builds :) Even before I realised you posted on the forums. :oops:
    Origin: sparklesim | Twitter | Facebook | Click below to read about my Sims 4 Hood
    SparkleSimsSig2.png
  • SimEveSimEve Posts: 4,772 Member
    edited August 2009
    So beautiful. A definite D&R!
  • CaliforniaBoundCaliforniaBound Posts: 676 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I agree with SimEve its beautiful , good use of columns and I love the Tuscan style
    edited August 2009
    Oh wow, you guys! I didn't get a chance to pop on the BBS yesterday and just figured the thread got burried long ago and then I find all these wonderful comments! You guys are making me grin like the Chesire Cat!

Lordbuffington: I'm so glad you like the colors! I love warm tones and tend to use them on a lot of my lots. I'm not a big fan of "busy" either. I try to balance patterns and solids to give a more muted feel. I try to stick to only a few colors per room and have one more "poppy" color. I adore Robokitty's patterns at MTS2 and find myself using them in all of my latest lots, but unfortunately, unless people who download the lots have those patterns already, they won't show up in the game...I'm disappointed...I hate to not use these wonderful patterns, but at the same time I hate that the house won't be exactly how I've shown it in the screenshots.

Risclady: Thanks for the compliment! I love your lots too!!

Sparkle: Thank you as well for the compliment Sparkle! A lot of people have complimented me on the tile that was used around the pool...That was made by Robokitty. It's one of my favorites to use for these Tuscan lots. She did a fabulous job on it! Yep, this is the lot that I was trying to get an opinion on for the coverhot. I'm not sure if I like it or not, but I just had the toughest time getting a good front exterior shot that I wanted to use for this lot. I'm working on another Tuscan lot (I'm havin' a good time with 'em), and I'm hoping to have the cover be more like my other builds. *shrug* We'll have to see. I love all of your builds as well, Sparkle!

SimEve: Thank you! :D

CaliforniaBound: Thanks for the compliment! :D

Debra: Sorry I haven't gotten a chance to check on those tiles for you yet. I will try to pop on later tonight if I get a chance (been very busy in RL without much time for the game). I'll try to find them and post for you soon!

Wow, thank you all so much for the kind compliments! They mean a lot, especially coming from all of you wonderful builders, whom I admire so much myself! I'm having a good time making these lots and am already working on another one! :D

• debra1970pdebra1970p Posts: 4,652 Member
    edited August 2009
    Debra: Sorry I haven't gotten a chance to check on those tiles for you yet. I will try to pop on later tonight if I get a chance (been very busy in RL without much time for the game). I'll try to find them and post for you soon!

No problem. I found it; it's listed under masonry.
    Anyway, your house is probably the nicest house I've seen on the exchange.
    Great work.
    edited August 2009
    debra1970p wrote:

No problem. I found it; it's listed under masonry.
    Anyway, your house is probably the nicest house I've seen on the exchange.
    Great work.

Thank you Debra! That's a wonderful compliment! *laughing* I'm glad you found it! I like that tile quite a bit and find many uses for it in my Tuscan lots. I used it in Vittoria Vineyard in the courtyard area, but I recolored it (if I remember I did a combo maize and terracotta). Anyway, I'm glad you found it. I was feeling terribly guilty that I hadn't had a chance to check for you after I told you I would! :oops:
  • DivulgeDivulge Posts: 622 New Member
    edited August 2009
    This really is an amazing lot. The beautiful house and thoughtful decoration makes it first class!
    edited August 2009
    Thank you Divulge! That's very kind of you to say! :D
    edited August 2009
    Breanne,

I went to RoboKitty's website last night and downloaded a few things, that gorgeous tile pattern included. Anyway, none of the patterns I dl showed in my game? The tattoos worked, but I am wondering what I did wrong that my patterns didn't show. Any ideas?

You've inspired me to work on a lot with a Tuscan/European feel to it. I tend to build more contemporary (and I honestly don't know why bc I am very traditional in my own tastes) but I am dying to use that tile pattern!

lordbuffington
    edited August 2009
    Breanne,

I went to RoboKitty's website last night and downloaded a few things, that gorgeous tile pattern included. Anyway, none of the patterns I dl showed in my game? The tattoos worked, but I am wondering what I did wrong that my patterns didn't show. Any ideas?

You've inspired me to work on a lot with a Tuscan/European feel to it. I tend to build more contemporary (and I honestly don't know why bc I am very traditional in my own tastes) but I am dying to use that tile pattern!

lordbuffington

Hmmmmmmm...I take it you've installed Delphy's helper monkey, correct? (I'm assuming this because you said that you've downloaded and installed her tatoos and they show up). Did you right click on the downloaded pattern and then choose "Install to Patterns"? You should be able to look for your patterns to make sure they are there by going to "My Computer--C Drive--Program Files--Electronic Arts--The Sims 3--Mods--Packages--Patterns. Robokitty's file looks like this: rbk_mextilesv1. This is the Mexican Tile. If you don't have this pattern in your Mods, than it wasn't installed correctly. If you do, then I'm not sure why it wouldn't show up. It should be located under "Mosaics and Tiles" in the game.

Have you installed any other CC patterns from anywhere before? Have they shown up at all? They won't show up in your Create-A-Pattern as being CC. They will be unmarked just like the EA ones, so make sure you aren't overlooking them.

The Grungy Victorian ones should be under "Fabrics" if I am remembering correctly. They will be near the top and a few are near the bottom. I've noticed CC patterns will do this.

Let me know if you find it. *crosses fingers*
    edited August 2009
    Hi Breanne,

I only installed the Helper Monkey to get these patterns and tattoos. I don't think I have any other CC added to my game; only EA creations.

I was playing for a couple of hours last night and looked in the folder and saw them, but now that you've given me the exact file name, I will look again. I actually may be looking in the wrong place. Do the tiles show up in Create a Style, or the actual Build Mode > Tiles? That's where I was looking. If these patterns only show up in CAS, then I'm sure they're there! :D

I was building my European inspired home when the computer just went blank and I lost EVERYTHING I'd done. I was disappointed to say the least. I kinda wanted to put my fist through my computer screen, but I refrained. I probably won't get a chance to play tonight, but I will let you know what happened this weekend or next week.
    edited August 2009
    Oh noesssss! I hate when that happens! :cry: I try to save my game as much as possible just in case something like that happens. There's nothing like doing the same thing all over again after doing it perfectly the first time through. *sigh*

Yes, the tiles show up in CAS. They won't show up under build mode unless you apply the pattern to a specific tile and save that tile with the pattern on it. I checked last night and the Mexican Tile shows up in CAS under "Tiles and Mosaics". For me, it is the first one in the list...

Well, good luck on rebuilding. Sometimes (not always, but sometimes) that works out for the best. You may come up with something fabulous the second time around that you wouldn't have the first. Or, you may just end up spending 3 hours building what you've already built and lost. One or the other...

Anyway, keep at it! I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with. It makes me happy that I've inspired someone! :D
    edited August 2009
    YEA! I was able to start up the Sims for a little while last night and found the tiles and patterns. I think I will go back and DL the rest of them. Very pretty!

I was also able to start rebuilding. You're right...I actually like this build a little better although I just can't get my exterior stone/masonry/siding to look right. I have a combo of the three of them and and just not loving it. I am also quite the novice at roofs so I rejoice when I get it to look even slightly alright so I just leave it alone even if it's not exactly how I imagined it. I will eventually get the hang of it though.

I found out I am not working this weekend so I plan on Simming as much as I can!
  • Francis123PFrancis123P Posts: 1,034 New Member
    edited August 2009
    It has just everything from a typical tuscan house.
    It's gorgeous, romantic, pays alot of attention to details...
    It looks even better than on my trip to Italy!

Great job! 8)
    Rec and downloading right away.
    edited August 2009
    Thank you Francis! I've never been to Itay (it's on my agenda to do someday in the future...). This style of house and type of decor is just one of my favorites, though. I'm glad you like it and thanks for the recs! :D