Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Harper's Island Mafia TOWN WINS

IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
edited November 2014 in The Sims 3 Store Gifting
d49887b8-338f-494c-a5e7-d23d09943079_zps2a0d5f57.png?t=1416080107

Characters:

Characters are from the television show Harper's Island. Characters are randomized -- players may share their characters with other players since they have no bearing whatsoever on the player's actual role. You do not need to act like your character -- it's just for fun.

Abby Mills (The Good Girl) - Abby is Henry's best friend. She left the island seven years ago when her father, Sheriff Mills, sent her away after her mother was killed by John Wakefield. She has only returned to watch the wedding of Henry & Trish. She wears fake eyelashes.

Henry Dunn (The Groom) - Long-time resident of the island, Henry was raised, along with his half-brother J.D., by his Uncle Marty after his parent's untimely death. He has big ears.

Trish Wellington (The Bride) - The young woman from a rich family is looking forward to her weekend-long wedding bash bringing together friends old and new. She cares not that the island was home to a series of grisly murders 7 years ago. Her celebration is worth much more than the memory of those killed!

Chloe Carter (The Flirt) - Ditzy on the outside, crafty on the inside, Chloe is one of Trish's bridesmaids. She has a keen interest in serial killers. Although she garners the attention of other men on the island, her heart belongs to Cal.

Cal Vandeusen (The Outsider) - This young doctor is madly in love with the perky Chloe. He feels somewhat awkward being thrust in the midst of this tight-knit group, but makes the best of the situation by using his natural British charm.

Jimmy Mance (The Old Flame) - This fisherman was Abby's first true love. The constant aroma of flounder does not thwart her desire for him despite the fact that that their parting 7 years ago was painful.

The Sheriff (The Sheriff) - Abby's dad is the sheriff on the island. Since he sent his daughter away 7 years ago after the murders, he has not seen her since -- and there's some rocky waters under the bridge between the two. He has a room dedicated to John Wakefield with grisly scenes from the murders. Hmmmmm.

Mr. Wellington (The Father of the Bride) - Stuffy businessman, Mr. Wellington, is not too thrilled that his daughter, Trish, has decided to marry the big-eared Henry--he doesn't come from the right family, after all. She would have been much better off marrying a man with a better pedigree and a bigger bank account.

J. D. Dunn (The Black Sheep) - Henry's adoptive brother, J. D. never really fit in. Dark & brooding, J. D. much prefers to keep away from the festivities and contemplate his own deep thoughts. He is simply misunderstood.

Christopher "Sully" Sullivan (The Best Man) - Frat boy partier & best male friend of Henry, the groom. Is he really at the wedding to honor his friend and new bride, or is he out for the nectar and scoring with the bridesmaids?

Uncle Marty (The Uncle) - He started partying in the 1970s and never stopped. Mysterious, possibly dangerous even, why is Marty carrying around a bag full of cash and a loaded gun?

Madison Allen (The Flower Girl) - Trish's strange little niece and the flower girl for the wedding. Does she really communicate with the dead? What is her deal with J. D.? And was she really kidnapped by John Wakefield, the deceased(!) serial killer?

Danny Brooks (The College Buddy) - Sensitive and thoughtful, everyone likes Danny, one of Henry's groomsmen. He has a keen sense of justice -- and when things get downright sketchy, Danny is quick to step in and help out ... sometimes to his own detriment.

Malcolm Ross (The Hustler) - Another groomsman, Malcolm is in financial straits. He pitches his "great" idea to Mr. Wellington, hoping the businessman will help fund his venture. In the interim, he accidentally kills his BFF Booth and takes the bag of Uncle Marty's money for himself.

Nikki Bolton (The Biker Chick) - Abby's good friend, Nikki has never left the island. She runs "The Cannery", the local watering hole, and is always there to support her friend. She is tough and no-nonsense and "in" on the local happenings of the island.

Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
Post edited by Idontrcall on

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2014
    2183d685-e48f-4c3a-9982-10fbfd7d0ff5_zpsd1b0a3f8.jpg?t=1415711432

Players

1. Sheldonly (Renee) :'(
    2. Katieeee (Katie)
    3. Marvellisa (Lissa)
    4. Aitkens08 (Aitkens)
    5. TheSims3Boy (Harry) :'(
    6. KleineMuff (Caro) :'(
    7. Alleenmens (Alleen) :D
    8. cmbaker16 (CM)
    9. Awellenbl (Awelle)
    10. Emilzydiva (Emily)
    11. x_MG_x (Jake) :o
    12. Lovestorms (Lo)
    13. Skelda (Skelda) :o

:o Lynched Town
    :'( Night Killed
    :D Lynched Mafia

Harper's Island was a one-season television show about a wedding that took place on an island off the west coast of the United States. Mysterious murders happened every episode...who was killing the wedding guests? Dun Dun Dunnnn. As we watched it, we thought it lent itself very well to mafia, and thus the Harper's Island Mafia theme was born.

You do not have to be familiar with the show in order to play. The characters are for entertainment purposes only. There is no role play involved. This is a simple game of almost-vanilla mafia.

Roles

Mafia: There will be a team of mafia chosen randomly by random.org. This team will meet in a factional chat to discuss the game and choose who their intended targets will be. The murders will occur over night, and the choice will be revealed the next day. During the day, they want to blend in with the other townspeople and will try to act as townish as possible to avoid lynching.

Cop: This character chosen by random.org will choose nightly one other player to investigate. The cop will be told that person's alignment: Town or Not Town. It is the cop's choice how he/she uses this information. This person is part of the "town" faction. Disclaimer: Just because there is a character named "Sheriff" it does not mean that character is the cop.

Vanilla Townie: The rest of the characters make up the "town" faction. These players may congregate in this thread to discuss the player(s) they think might be responsible for the killings. They may vote each day to lynch one of the players they think is on the side of the mafia. They do not have any night actions.

Wandering masons: If there are enough players there will be two chosen from the ranks of the Vanilla Townies by random.org. These players, at night, wander out to find their lost partner. Each mason should message me the name of another player they think might be their lost partner. If the mason(s) find each other they will join together in a private chat. No information will be given to the other players that the masons have met. No information will be given to the players that there are even masons in the game. If they choose to share this information, they may. If and when a mason passes, he/she will flip "town".

Day will last as long as I see fit. Nights will be short, unless the actual night occurs at night for me, in which day will happen when I am awake in the morning.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    34e8fe15-ce7c-4619-8531-71958e14db43_zpsbb230436.jpg?t=1415711639

Rules

Standard game rules apply. Claiming/Fake claiming can be made at any time. Votes must be bolded and easy for me to find in your post. Try not to hide them in your text. If you revote, you do not have to unvote.

Do not be mean to other players. This is for fun!!

Do not copy emails or other messages I send you.

Do not write in hidden/hard-to-read type.

Do not discuss game or your opinions of other player's roles off of the game thread! No idle chit chat of game-goings-on outside the thread unless you are mafia or wandering mason (in which all talk should happen in appropriate place). You may announce that day has started to other players...but that's it!!! Hush!!

If you have a non-killing role and I do not hear from you by end of night I will randomize your action for you so as not to hold up the game. Killing choices must be given to me by killing faction or they do not happen. You may send me your actions in early!!!

Ghosts of players past may post on the thread if they wish (as may curious bystanders) ... but no posting of pertinent game information! Just "Boo" or "Hello" or the like, thank you.

You will be considered eligible for modkill if you do not post in a 24-hour period. Prizes void if this happens.

Day Start. No Lynch acceptable throughout course of game. Majority numbers needed to lynch will be given each day. If no majority is reached by Day's end, the player with the most votes gets booted. In event of a tie, we will wait it out until someone bends. If no one changes their vote after a certain amount of time that I see fit, the names go out to the randomizer gods.

Prizes!!!

Small store prizes will be gifted to winning faction. If you play on the side of the winning team (mafia or town) you will qualify for one prize from the Sims 3 store (up to 100 simpoints). The prize is non-transferable. If you win, let me know what you would like. If you don't tell me soon after game is over, I will pick something of my own liking for you from your wishlist.
  • Options
    We are open for sign ups. Also -- if you have questions, let me know :)
  • Options
    AlleenmensAlleenmens Posts: 18,723 Member
    Why is my name not on your list? :'( Just joking... Put me on please... ;)
  • Options
    :D OK!!!

I was going to contact you directly soon to see if you wanted to play anyway !
  • Options
    Idontrcall wrote: »
    :D OK!!!

I was going to contact you directly soon to see if you wanted to play anyway !

Thank you... :)
  • Options
    KleineMuffKleineMuff Posts: 12,578 Member
    YAY! :D
    Please call me Caro :)
    My Sims 3 Page | My Studio | Check out my Sims 3 Let's Play
    Play mafia with us: www.ultimatemafia.boards.net

• Options
    awellenblawellenbl Posts: 2,970 Member
    Can I play too?
  • Options
    Of course, Awellen! I'll sign you up now :)
  • Options
    EmzyDalsvidaEmzyDalsvida Posts: 15,617 Member
  • Options
    aitkens08aitkens08 Posts: 5,922 Member
    Cant wait to play this!
  • Options
    MarvelissaMarvelissa Posts: 9,456 Member
    Mafia Stats:
    Games Played: 59 | Wins: 31 | Losses: 27 | Draws: 1
    Scum: 14 | Town: 40 | Third: 5
    Scum Wins: 5 | Town Wins: 25 | Third Party Wins: 1
    Alive: 18 | Nightkilled: 16 | Lynched: 18 | Endgamed: 3 | Other: 5
  • Options
    x_MG_xx_MG_x Posts: 21,308 Member
    Marvelissa wrote: »

I was about to say "Am I too late?". I didn't have @s notifications on.

And sorry if somebody's usernames end up being s.
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options
    Thanks for the shout-outs, Lissa.

Jake, you're not too late! And I really hope no one has the user name "s" lol
  • Options
    SamiKatSamiKat Posts: 3,786 Member
    This looks fabulous! <3
  • Options
    burtnickburtnick Posts: 489 Member
    @Marvelissa - no thanks, the games are actually a bit stressful for me. Thank you though :)
  • Options
    lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    Well, I'll be around, so if you can fit me in, I'll play. :)
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Lissa you forgot @Turner and @Skelda....
  • Options
    I sent Turner an email because he was interested in Harper's Island -- but I've not heard back from him yet. I also sent Skelda a personal message because mafia.

But thanks :)

Burty -- my games are a lot less stressful than other people's games, lol. At least for me :p
  • Options
    Lala your characters are cool and I love Nikki the biker chick...!
  • Options
    thesims3boythesims3boy Posts: 18,046 Member
    Idontrcall wrote: »
    Burty -- my games are a lot less stressful than other people's games, lol. At least for me :p

That's because you're not the one playing! :P
  • Options
    awellenblawellenbl Posts: 2,970 Member
    They put the PM option back up. :D Maybe we can use that for Mafia games? Because you can add people to the conversation, which I haven't tried yet, though.
  • Options
    MarvelissaMarvelissa Posts: 9,456 Member
    edited November 2014
    awellenbl wrote: »
    They put the PM option back up. :D Maybe we can use that for Mafia games? Because you can add people to the conversation, which I haven't tried yet, though.

Ooh!

Yeah, they can be used for the game. We actually did use them for Mafia when they were originally put up - but then they took them down and those without Skype switched back to using the emails we'd used pre-forum switch.
    Mafia Stats:
    Games Played: 59 | Wins: 31 | Losses: 27 | Draws: 1
    Scum: 14 | Town: 40 | Third: 5
    Scum Wins: 5 | Town Wins: 25 | Third Party Wins: 1
    Alive: 18 | Nightkilled: 16 | Lynched: 18 | Endgamed: 3 | Other: 5
  • Options
    Yes, we can do that. I'll also be able to contact people regarding their roles on the PMs if I don't have other methods of getting in touch with them.

Game will start soon -- I'll probably start it tomorrow late morning. But there is time to join, this is a great way to get your feet wet in mafia because there are no fancy roles. So, if you are interested let me know by say 10 a.m. Eastern time :) The players are very welcoming to new people.
  • Options
    x_MG_xx_MG_x Posts: 21,308 Member
    Yay at PMs being back up.
    BTW, call me Jake.