Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We care! Supporting Simmers going through hard times.

Comments

• luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    @Stutum so sorry to hear about the loss of your mother. hugs to you and your family. <3

@wolfkomoki1 sorry to hear that you lost your dog that you had for 18 years. i think it is awesome that you are going to get a cat from a rescue shelter. hugs to you. <3

@fewlines thanx for the hug. hope you have an awesome weekend as well. a hug right back at ya. <3
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    @luvdasims55 Thank you, much appreciated. Hugs for you as well.
  • SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    edited February 2018
    Stutum wrote: »
    It has been tough times. My mother passed away this early afternoon. A million memories rush through my head as I write this. It's unreal when someone who's been there all your life suddenly is no more.

Sorry for your loss as well, @rosemow

I am so sorry love. Try to relax ( I know that sounds impossible) and try to do something that at least takes your mind off of things if even for 1 second. One of the best and simplest things you can do during times like these is to eat. Eating will give you a small rush of endorphins and make you feel a little better. Preferably eat something out and about. For instance, if you love Burger King lets say, treat yourself to a treat from there and enjoy it. While you eat, put on your fav TV show or if that is too involved, put on a podcast you like. Eating a treat while watching something can really make you feel better, even if only temporarily. Sometimes when we are going through that much grief, even simple things like eating your fav treat can distract you if even for a moment.

Crying does help as well, but it can absolutely exhaust you so try to stay away from sad music or movies. Eating also helps with this as your brain is distracted and is focused on eating and therefore it doesn't really give you time to cry or be sad while you eat. It was a very simple thing that helped me in a big way when I lost my father and best friend. Hang in there love.....with time, things will slowly change.
    Schantal wrote: »
    It has been tough times. My mother passed away this early afternoon. A million memories rush through my head as I write this. It's unreal when someone who's been there all your life suddenly is no more.

I am so sorry love. Try to relax ( I know that sounds impossible) and try to do something that at least takes your mind off of things if even for 1 second. One of the best and simplest things you can do during times like these is to eat. Eating will give you a small rush of endorphins and make you feel a little better. Preferably eat something out and about. For instance, if you love Burger King lets say, treat yourself to a treat from there and enjoy it. While you eat, put on your fav TV show or if that is too involved, put on a podcast you like. Eating a treat while watching something can really make you feel better, even if only temporarily. Sometimes when we are going through that much grief, even simple things like eating your fav treat can distract you if even for a moment.

Crying does help as well, but it can absolutely exhaust you so try to stay away from sad music or movies. Eating also helps with this as your brain is distracted and is focused on eating and therefore it doesn't really give you time to cry or be sad while you eat. It was a very simple thing that helped me in a big way when I lost my father and best friend. Hang in there love.....with time, things will slowly change.

Thank you very much for your kind words. It's been tough, and it hasn't really sunk in yet, seems so unreal. I will definitely try to distract myself somehow (going to play some Sims in a few), and indeed I love Burger King, so I will absolutely pay them a visit soon. Good suggestion!
    I appreciate all the support I got here.
    I'm sorry for your loss as well. Bless you.
  • fewlinesfewlines Posts: 1,488 Member
    @Stutum, i'm so sorry. :(

@wolfkomoki1, i'm very sorry about your dog, too.

*hugs* i hope you both can hold on to happy and beautiful memories. <3

and @luvdasims55, as usual... thanks much for the hug! sending one back to you.
  • SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    edited February 2018
    Schantal wrote: »

Thank you very much for your kind words. It's been tough, and it hasn't really sunk in yet, seems so unreal. I will definitely try to distract myself somehow (going to play some Sims in a few), and indeed I love Burger King, so I will absolutely pay them a visit soon. Good suggestion!
    I appreciate all the support I got here.
    I'm sorry for your loss as well. Bless you.

No problem love, if you need anything I'm here, even if I'm just an internet stranger. Go get you a yummy burger king snack and play some sims while you eat. If you are feeling really depressed to the point where you just don't want to drive, pizza is another great option, everyone loooves pizza. Order you a yummy pizza and a fizzy drink. Just those two simple things will get those endorphins going. Gaming is also going to help keep you distracted. Hang in there lovely.
  • SassycottonSassycotton Posts: 438 Member
    Also warm hugs help :)
  • fewlinesfewlines Posts: 1,488 Member
    edited February 2018
    @Stutum, what helped me back when i lost my grandmother, was listening to songs that she liked, would sing to me when i was little, or would laugh about, even--because i kept remembering her funny comments, reactions (and also dancing! <3) to them.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    edited February 2018
    Hello @Stutum
    If you feel like crying, let yourself cry. Tears are a very natural part of the grieving process. It helps us inside, and expresses how we are feeling when there are no words that can say it. When people are crying together it can bring a form of comfort to all.
    Try to get some time to sleep and rest if you can. It will help you and your body in the midst of your grief for your loving Mother.
    Sending another hug to you <3
    @fewlines That sounds like a good idea, good memories always helps to keep.

@Schantal Thanks, that's good to know. ^^ Turned out I had some pizza in the freezer, so I had that, although it was a bit late for dinner. Also played a bit, which helped, but now it's bedtime. Thanks again.

@Sassycotton They definitely do. :)

@rosemow Strangely enough, they haven't showed up yet, but they most certainly will at one point. Right now I'm just trying to wrap my head around all this. Thanks, I will. It's 2.20 am over here now, so it's about time I got some shuteye.

Thanks to all of you for your kind words and support! :)

• MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,752 Member
    edited February 2018
    I been looking into some stuff and it kind of is plum that something that could help me move out isn't available anywhere but my area. Well looking into that I discover something else which I had known before Jan 29th since I could have signed up for it (with my parents' permission)
    Post edited by EA_Lanna on
    6adMCGP.gif
    edited February 2018
    my sister is visiting and Mom said we would do the laundry today-but we only done 1 of the 5 (?) loads of laundry. And Mom doesn't want to miss any of the bacon conversation so we can't do the other four loads until whenever the *bacon* my sister leaves. And the first load was put in around 12:30 and it's almost 2 hours later and we normally do the next load an hour after the first load, and then the next one after that an hour after that, etc.. So yeah I acted like a brat..but don't tell me we will do laundry Sunday but then the next second...say you want to be a part of sis conversation? I don't want to be doing laundry at 5 or later when I'm suppose to be making a salad? Mom says I can't say anything else (rude or not) or else I will be kicked out. Sis never bothers calling us before she comes...

When I tried to say if we end up doing laundry that late..we wouldn't be getting any salad.. but Mom then says I wouldn't get any supper either because I have to help. I don't see HER helping with supper..
    6adMCGP.gif
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    my sister is visiting and Mom said we would do the laundry today-but we only done 1 of the 5 (?) loads of laundry. And Mom doesn't want to miss any of the bacon conversation so we can't do the other four loads until whenever the *bacon* my sister leaves. And the first load was put in around 12:30 and it's almost 2 hours later and we normally do the next load an hour after the first load, and then the next one after that an hour after that, etc.. So yeah I acted like a brat..but don't tell me we will do laundry Sunday but then the next second...say you want to be a part of sis conversation? I don't want to be doing laundry at 5 or later when I'm suppose to be making a salad? Mom says I can't say anything else (rude or not) or else I will be kicked out. Sis never bothers calling us before she comes...

Hello @MadameLee
    With your sister coming over to visit, your Mother wants to spend some special family time with her daughter. Because your sister isn’t living at home, it is a special opportunity for you and your family to spend special family time together catching up with each other’s news. The laundry can be done later. Your mother probably wasn’t aware that your sister was coming when she said about doing the laundry on Sunday.
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello @MadameLee
    With your sister coming over to visit, your Mother wants to spend some special family time with her daughter. Because your sister isn’t living at home, it is a special opportunity for you and your family to spend special family time together catching up with each other’s news. The laundry can be done later. Your mother probably wasn’t aware that your sister was coming when she said about doing the laundry on Sunday.

yeah but when I have other responsibilities later today? I rather get it done when I'm not busy making fruit OR making a salad. During the time I would normally be playing on my computer.. I rather be living on my own but that's not really an option than having to wait around for my sister to leave..and I wouldn't have a bacon clue when she leaves-if I'm up here...
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member

Hello @MadameLee

yeah but when I have other responsibilities later today? I rather get it done when I'm not busy making fruit OR making a salad. During the time I would normally be playing on my computer.. I rather be living on my own but that's not really an option than having to wait around for my sister to leave..and I wouldn't have a bacon clue when she leaves-if I'm up here...

Sometimes things don't get done as planned or at the ideal time. Unexpected family visits would throw planned things off.

There's downtime during laundry. You can do dinner prep during that down time. And most dryers have a tumble function to allow for delaying taking out the laundry while avoiding wrinkles. Use that setting if the dryer goes off during the eating of dinner. And if you're knee deep in dinner prep or cooking, I'm sure if you asked politely for a family member to put it on that setting, they probably would if you were at a point where you couldn't stop.
    Seera1024 wrote: »

Hello @MadameLee

Sometimes things don't get done as planned or at the ideal time. Unexpected family visits would throw planned things off.

There's downtime during laundry. You can do dinner prep during that down time. And most dryers have a tumble function to allow for delaying taking out the laundry while avoiding wrinkles. Use that setting if the dryer goes off during the eating of dinner. And if you're knee deep in dinner prep or cooking, I'm sure if you asked politely for a family member to put it on that setting, they probably would if you were at a point where you couldn't stop.

We don't use our dryer..at all we use hangers in the basement or the clothes racks which are behind me. There's been down time since 1pm since Mom's too f- interested in my sister than doing the damm laundry. Right now she has fallen asleep and I know as soon as sis gets picked up (since she didn't bring her own car) Dad wouldn't let me wake Mom up. We could have had 4 of the 5 loads during the time sis is here....but Mom's rather be sitting on her behind. I have nothing to do with the laundry not being down-I just did the dishwasher and setting the table. I am not allowed to do the laundry myself..even it would be better if I COULD I mean there's wet stuff sitting in my LAUNDRY basket because Mom's too focused on my sister (or at the moment fallen asleep).
    6adMCGP.gif

Hello @MadameLee

We don't use our dryer..at all we use hangers in the basement or the clothes racks which are behind me. There's been down time since 1pm since Mom's too f- interested in my sister than doing the damm laundry. Right now she has fallen asleep and I know as soon as sis gets picked up (since she didn't bring her own car) Dad wouldn't let me wake Mom up. We could have had 4 of the 5 loads during the time sis is here....but Mom's rather be sitting on her behind. I have nothing to do with the laundry not being down-I just did the dishwasher and setting the table. I am not allowed to do the laundry myself..even it would be better if I COULD I mean there's wet stuff sitting in my LAUNDRY basket because Mom's too focused on my sister (or at the moment fallen asleep).

Your sister is over visiting. Your mom would rather spend time with your sister who is visiting than doing laundry and I do not fault her one bit for that. There will be time for laundry later. It may not be at an ideal time, but we don't always get to do our household chores during ideal times.
    edited February 2018

Hello @MadameLee

Your sister is over visiting. Your mom would rather spend time with your sister who is visiting than doing laundry and I do not fault her one bit for that. There will be time for laundry later. It may not be at an ideal time, but we don't always get to do our household chores during ideal times.

But sis been visiting since like 12:30pm and it's almost THREE hours later and I have nothing to do between now and 5:25 when I make a salad. So is it any wonder I want to d the laundry now? my computer doesn't interest me because I'm freaking out about doing the stupid laundry.. since If mom doesn't get off her behind soon ..I just want to dump the last couple of loads in all at once just to get the damm job over with because Mom doesn't hink it's important.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • KoumoriDiruKoumoriDiru Posts: 6,681 Member
    Oh no! Your sister is visiting and has been spending time with HER FAMILY for 3 hours?! That sounds just terrible!
    tumblr_nvbyvezH0b1uvyu9yo8_r1_400.gif
    edited February 2018
    Oh no! Your sister is visiting and has been spending time with HER FAMILY for 3 hours?! That sounds just terrible!

the problem is sis is wasting Mom's time when Mom and I could have done 3-4 loads of our laundry like the ONLY load we have done so far today is sitting WET in my basket down in the basement. I going completely crazy not doing the laundry now.. I don't want to walk the dog, I don't want to do anything but the laundry. And without Mom down there I can't do the laundry myself. I mean at 5:25-5:30 I have a salad to make which means I can't help Mom with the laundry then. I just wish my sister would just leave because I'm sick of her being here for way too long.

Even my computer doesn't interest me at the moment..I'm so worked up about wanting to get the laundry done
    6adMCGP.gif
    I'm so sorry, but I've been reading your "issues" on here for weeks and you're just a brat. Your sister is here and she's talking to your mother who's also HER mother. You can do the laundry yourself! You're an adult right? If you don't know how to, ASK and someone will explain. OR look online.
    You always make your problems sound massive, when in reality they're not problems at all you just don't like the fact you have to do things rather than have other people do them for you.
    I'm so sorry, but I've been reading your "issues" on here for weeks and you're just a brat. Your sister is here and she's talking to your mother who's also HER mother. You can do the laundry yourself! You're an adult right? If you don't know how to, ASK and someone will explain. OR look online.
    You always make your problems sound massive, when in reality they're not problems at all you just don't like the fact you have to do things rather than have other people do them for you.

It just mom said we would do the laundry today but with her sitting on behind and I'm not ALLOWED to do laundry myself despite being an adult. I can only HELP Mom with the laundry- I might have to wait until the time I'm suppose to be making a salad for supper to help Mom with the laundry. Its just we have loads of laundry to get done and with Mom sitting on her behind ..not bothering with the laundry is making me go crazy.. since the only one who knows how to do the laundry correctly is Mom and she doesn't want to do it now. I wish we could have done it yesterday instead..
    6adMCGP.gif
    Your mother isn't "sitting on her behind"- she's catching up with her other daughter. You're a very inconsiderate person; the world doesn't revolve around you. Yes, you have laundry to catch up on....and? You're also not going to do anything else that would help your parents out, like walking the dog, because you're so angry you can't do the laundry? That's very childish. Sometimes there are things that happen, like a relative visiting, that put plans on hold. But to throw your toys out of the pram, accuse your own mother of "sitting on her behind" and acting like a brat isn't helping anyone at all and all it does is makes you look bad.

the problem is sis is wasting Mom's time when Mom and I could have done 3-4 loads of our laundry like the ONLY load we have done so far today is sitting WET in my basket down in the basement. I going completely crazy not doing the laundry now.. I don't want to walk the dog, I don't want to do anything but the laundry. And without Mom down there I can't do the laundry myself. I mean at 5:25-5:30 I have a salad to make which means I can't help Mom with the laundry then. I just wish my sister would just leave because I'm sick of her being here for way too long.

Even my computer doesn't interest me at the moment..I'm so worked up about wanting to get the laundry done

Your sister is not wasting your mom's time and I actually feel sorry for you that you think that spending time with family members who do not live with you is wasting time.
    edited February 2018
    @Serra1024

when it comes to schedule stuff..I'm very nitpicky. When sis isn't visting.. we put the first load in at 12:30, the next load at 1:30, the load after that at 2:30, until like by 4:30 all the loads are done. So i like sticking to schedule..and we can't stick to laundry schedule if Mom's rather been listening to my sister complaing about her roommates (she's sleeping on the couch in their apartment). Like how she can't go to bed until after the roommates come home at midnight, or how the friend's son buggs her for a hour in the morning when she's trying to leave.

So if stuff doesn't go in at a certain time I'm likely to explode..
    6adMCGP.gif
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top