Simmers! Did you miss the Behind the Sims Livestream on Twitch? You can still check it out here. You can also follow along in the dedicated thread here as well.
It's Patch day! The latest update is now live for The Sims 4 which includes a whole heap of bug fixes and console improvements. Click here to read the notes.
January 27th- It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!

We care! Supporting Simmers going through hard times.

Comments

  • VerionaVeriona Posts: 505 Member
    @MadameLee As another simmer mentioned before, maybe your dad has early signs of alzheimer's. I'm not a professional, just an observation from the things you have posted. Have you talked to your family about this issue you have with your dad? I think it's best you have sort of a family meeting about it as this would be a concern for me if it was my loved one. Even if your dad repeats himself numerous times, just remember he is asking you these repetitive questions because it clearly shows he cares a lot about you. So do not push him away no matter how annoying. If I could go back in time and be more upfront and honest with my dad, I would.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,518 Member
    Veriona wrote: »
    @MadameLee As another simmer mentioned before, maybe your dad has early signs of alzheimer's. I'm not a professional, just an observation from the things you have posted. Have you talked to your family about this issue you have with your dad? I think it's best you have sort of a family meeting about it as this would be a concern for me if it was my loved one. Even if your dad repeats himself numerous times, just remember he is asking you these repetitive questions because it clearly shows he cares a lot about you. So do not push him away no matter how annoying. If I could go back in time and be more upfront and honest with my dad, I would.

    He doesn't have that because that's would be a BIG problem for Mom and I since we NEED Dad to drive us places since neither of us have Driver's licence (only Provincial ID). But I have a habit of having a big fit about everything no matter how small-since I don't know better. It doesn't help that half of the time I go to church (mostly block party which this year I missed) it's for food. Also he's has other stuff on his mind (ie my sister's car has engine problem) and other stuff-like garden maybe and currently taxes).
    kikWQMd.jpg
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 161,788 Member
    Hello @MadameLee
    It sounds like your Dad has a lot of things on his mind and is undergoing stress. That can often cause people to repeat things that they have previously forgotten that they have already said, or to forget what they have already been told. He caringly loves you, and though he can do things that annoy you and cause you to feel upset, you and him share a special relationship that will weather what ever life holds for you , now and into the future, You are needing to live with your own health issues and their effect on your life. Sometimes what he does or says, is just that he cares about you, and wants the best for you. He also wants to show you that he is interested in what you are doing.
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 7,926 Member
    @rosemow Wow. You are so full of the most amazing and comforting words for everyone. <3 Such wisdom...

    I hope you don't mind me asking but...are you a Preacher? Or Preacher's wife? It doesn't matter either way, you just strike me as one with your care, wisdom and love. <3 You've done a wonderful thing here creating this thread...I know many lives have been touched...not just by your words of comfort, but from others as well. :)

    God bless. <3
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 161,788 Member
    edited April 2017
    emorrill wrote: »
    @rosemow Wow. You are so full of the most amazing and comforting words for everyone. <3 Such wisdom...

    I hope you don't mind me asking but...are you a Preacher? Or Preacher's wife? It doesn't matter either way, you just strike me as one with your care, wisdom and love. <3 You've done a wonderful thing here creating this thread...I know many lives have been touched...not just by your words of comfort, but from others as well. :)

    God bless. <3

    Hello @emorill
    Thankyou very much for your very kind and lovely words ! <3 They are very special! I am not a Preacher or Preacher's wife. I just care deeply about people who are going through hard times in their lives. I want them to know that there are people who care about how they are feeling and what they are going through.
    Thankyou again so very much <3
  • JazztizzJazztizz Posts: 622 Member
    emorrill wrote: »
    @rosemow Wow. You are so full of the most amazing and comforting words for everyone. <3 Such wisdom...

    @Emorrill couldn't agree more. {{{{@Rosemow}}}

    Hey everyone. Just back to this thread and catching up. <3

    Find your pack. Love them hard.
    Because life is short, and sometimes they disappear.
    Missing Benjamin.
    Dd9S8jh.gif
  • JazztizzJazztizz Posts: 622 Member
    edited April 2017
    mcrudd wrote: »
    @Veriona this is for you <3
    U4VMxx1.png

    I love this @mcrudd

    CS Lewis wrote a lot about the Love and pain. His wife Joy died from cancer. Their love story is beautiful. They fell in love through letters, the early 20th Century version of the online relationship love stories. She was American and he of course British. When she died, he took care of her sons. I think there were two. I think about this a lot now, since my husband and I met the same way (online -- fell in love before meeting ftf). The story of Joy is one of my favorites.

    "Pain," CS Lewis wrote, "is the price we pay for love. That's the deal."
    Find your pack. Love them hard.
    Because life is short, and sometimes they disappear.
    Missing Benjamin.
    Dd9S8jh.gif
  • JazztizzJazztizz Posts: 622 Member
    edited April 2017
    mcrudd wrote: »
    I am sick to my stomach, I just spent 3 hours talking to someone saying they know where my brother is. They said he was being kept in Saudi Arabia in a prison cell and that he is a very nice person, they went on telling me how they spoke to him and he mentioned me and asked them to please find me on facebook because he is sure I can help out, long story short he was a scam artist and used my missing person page to contact me and try and scam me to fly there and pay the police to release my brother, the cold case officer coached me on what to say and we caught him as being a scammer, but for a whole hour I had hope and now its all gone again, I can not believe that there is people out there like that, what kind of person does that ?????
    It sickens me that people do that, the case officer said they get it a lot, I must just delete and block people like that :(

    This hurts my heart so much. This kind of evil is beyond understanding. I'm so sorry for the pain this caused you. This happened to me too -- but the person saying it was drunk and probably misunderstood a conversation. So for an entire night I believed my son was somewhere safe and alive. I hope karma comforts you -- though it's bad karma to say that. So I'll just say I hope there is justice.

    Edited to say: Still have a lot of anger from when it happened to me. Trying to forgive.
    Post edited by Jazztizz on
    Find your pack. Love them hard.
    Because life is short, and sometimes they disappear.
    Missing Benjamin.
    Dd9S8jh.gif
  • JazztizzJazztizz Posts: 622 Member
    mcrudd wrote: »
    Hi all, sorry not feeling the best today, been sick all day because of yesterday's scammer experience. We decided it best to let everyone know via my missing page and personal facebook to be on the lookout incase someone tries the same scam on them. I was nautious after telling my mom a few minutes ago and now after posting the post, but the case officers said it best if others are warned, especially on his official missing page so scammers can see we are onto them. I will catch up properly on another day sorry, just a quick post then I need to go :(

    Take care of yourself. Be really kind to yourself. What we've been going through for A year, a month and 22 days is enough to bring even the strongest person to their knees. Unless you live this day after day (and especially night after sleepless night) no one can really understand the shock this does to our systems. Rest. You need it.
    Find your pack. Love them hard.
    Because life is short, and sometimes they disappear.
    Missing Benjamin.
    Dd9S8jh.gif
  • JazztizzJazztizz Posts: 622 Member
    mcrudd wrote: »
    Jazztizz wrote: »
    I understand completely. My son was officially missing a year as of March 2nd too. They now have his case on NAMus.org. My heart went out to you to read further updates and every hair on my body stood on end since we recently went through exactly the same thing. They found a body in Philly. Because we have dental records, we didn't have the agonizing wait. Do you have any news? I am following this thread now but please send me a direct message any time if you want to talk. I'm here for you.
    Jazztizz wrote: »
    @Mcrudd PS I visited and commented on your Facebook page and shared Eugene's photo. I have a lot of friends in Europe and the UK and some have already begun sharing the poster.

    <3. Tizz

    Thanks so much I saw your post and reacted to it, sorry its a bit late but my brother's birthday is coming up the 28th April and I am extremely emotional and just tend to stay offline in times like this, rather keeping busy at home with puzzles and sims at the moment than going on social networks. It is horrifying, we are still waiting for results, they have not done the autopsy cause they are striking (typical south africa for you) so no work will be done until they are happy and stop striking. Cops said they can't do anything until the autopsy is done so now we wait even longer. I have another drs appointment because I have permanent headaches that change to migraines every now and then because my neck muscles are in a constant spasm from stress, I am hoping she can give me a muscle relaxant. I just want a good night's sleep and no headaches. Anyways if you sent me a fb invite I probably cancelled it if we had no friends mutual, so now that I know who you are you can sent one again, I get so many friend invites a day because of the missing page, but I only accept ones with mutual friends.


    I probably won't send you an invite because I'm a terrible FB friend. I find FB very enervating and filled with negative energy. I recently heard this term "ghosted" on a TV show called Legends of Tomorrow and it is so perfect. I guess it's a lot more common than I realize. People stop talking to you, as if they have become ghosts. But you are still haunted.

    I'll send you a PM here if that's okay with my email. That way we can chat here or through email. My heart is connected to yours. I'm here for you. I believe we were meant to meet -- there are just too many coincidences especially the date. Besides, I don't believe in coincidences. = )
    Find your pack. Love them hard.
    Because life is short, and sometimes they disappear.
    Missing Benjamin.
    Dd9S8jh.gif
  • JazztizzJazztizz Posts: 622 Member
    PS @mcrudd the reason I love this forum is that I don't have to talk about or think about it -- same reason. So yeah totally get that. So I won't be offended if you don't want to respond! Sending light. *hugs*
    Find your pack. Love them hard.
    Because life is short, and sometimes they disappear.
    Missing Benjamin.
    Dd9S8jh.gif
  • JazztizzJazztizz Posts: 622 Member
    Hey @Rosemow I'm going to plug my new quotes thread here. I really appreciate your visit there. *hugs* You're a gift to this community.

    When I was going through a tough time, I fell in love with quotes, like Cliffs Notes from every wise person who ever lived. I nearly died, got a second chance (2010) and decided to give back something to the world. So I started making graphics with great quotes.

    This thread includes building/CAS/story challenges too if interested.
    Rx-for-Healing / The Power of Color/Opposites <3
    Find your pack. Love them hard.
    Because life is short, and sometimes they disappear.
    Missing Benjamin.
    Dd9S8jh.gif
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 161,788 Member
    Jazztizz wrote: »
    Hey @Rosemow I'm going to plug my new quotes thread here. I really appreciate your visit there. *hugs* You're a gift to this community.

    When I was going through a tough time, I fell in love with quotes, like Cliffs Notes from every wise person who ever lived. I nearly died, got a second chance (2010) and decided to give back something to the world. So I started making graphics with great quotes.

    This thread includes building/CAS/story challenges too if interested.
    Rx-for-Healing / The Power of Color/Opposites <3

    Hello @Jazztizz
    Life is very precious. Our loved ones are so special <3 They hold a special and treasured nook in our hearts whether we are with them or not. It is lovely that you have used your recovery from the clots, to respond and do the ongoing project of combining quotes with pictures. It will now and into the future be a source of encouragement to all who see what you are doing <3
  • JazztizzJazztizz Posts: 622 Member
    edited April 2017
    rosemow wrote: »
    Jazztizz wrote: »
    Hey @Rosemow I'm going to plug my new quotes thread here. I really appreciate your visit there. *hugs* You're a gift to this community.

    When I was going through a tough time, I fell in love with quotes, like Cliffs Notes from every wise person who ever lived. I nearly died, got a second chance (2010) and decided to give back something to the world. So I started making graphics with great quotes.

    This thread includes building/CAS/story challenges too if interested.
    Rx-for-Healing / The Power of Color/Opposites <3

    Hello @Jazztizz
    Life is very precious. Our loved ones are so special <3 They hold a special and treasured nook in our hearts whether we are with them or not. It is lovely that you have used your recovery from the clots, to respond and do the ongoing project of combining quotes with pictures. It will now and into the future be a source of encouragement to all who see what you are doing <3

    Life is precious @Rosemow - and I love how you say this especially:
    Our loved ones are so special <3 They hold a special and treasured nook in our hearts whether we are with them or not.

    If we ever decide to do a memorial thread, I'd like to use the title "Treasured Nook" because it's so perfect. As soon as our hearts are touched with love, a new nook opens up in our hearts, like a new light-filled room. It's like our hearts are bags of holding -- infinite capacity in a small space. I love this imagery. Thanks once again for your kindness. <3.
    Find your pack. Love them hard.
    Because life is short, and sometimes they disappear.
    Missing Benjamin.
    Dd9S8jh.gif
  • KenjibabyKenjibaby Posts: 4 New Member
    For whatever reason I cannot make a new discussion. Does anyone have any idea why? Are members with no points not allowed to make new discussions or something?
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 161,788 Member
    Kenjibaby wrote: »
    For whatever reason I cannot make a new discussion. Does anyone have any idea why? Are members with no points not allowed to make new discussions or something?

    Hello @Kenjibaby :) Welcome to the forums!
    There is usually a blue new discussion button at the top right hand side of the screen in the forum sections. But new discussion threads have been restricted for new members. You are unable to start a new thread until you become a full member, even if previously you were able to start a new thread . This has been brought in as a result of spambots.
    You need to have 50 points and 30 posts before you can become a full member and can then post pictures, have a signature, edit posts ,start new threads, post links and change your profile picture.This thread explains about it.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know

  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,518 Member
    edited April 2017
    I'm kind of concerned about May 10 for two and 1/2 reasons . 1) I normally go to "work" (ie Volunteer) on Wednesdays but on may 10th I can't go into work since I have to go into "big city" to my Specialist doctor. I will tell my boss tomorrow that May 10th I can't come in on that day but the thing is she will want to know when I will come instead. That week is also my Mom's play at the church as well (11-13th) so that my normal thing of "stopping by the church after going to day-program" isn't a good idea either since 1)I have to be home by 3:30pm that day for a quickie supper and then head to the church for the play. (Tuesdays aren't good days period) Also the fact that I don't think it matters if the church gets cleaned up that particular week since by Saturday it will just be a mess again)

    2) I really, really hate Dad taking me to my Specialist doctor (Mom hasn't taken me for a VERY long time) since about two (is it three years?) ago he embarrassed me in front complaing about my sleeping habits (and also kind of complaing about Mom's sleeping habits as well). And LAST year he insisted I talk about my sleeping habits with the doctor..I just wish he would let sleeping dogs/dragons/centaurs/whatever alone.

    1/2) I don't like Dad taking me to the doctor in (big city) is we only stay for the appointment then go home vs Mom if she could take me, we would spend the entire day in the city. (But then in the latter case there's no option unless we wanted to get an early train ie 3-4pm train home) I can't go into Toronto on my own (and even if I could..I literally have this habit of looking at my whichever parent ((once it was my 71/2 years older sister, but still)) is there for answers).

    kikWQMd.jpg
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 161,788 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    I'm kind of concerned about May 10 for two and 1/2 reasons . 1) I normally go to "work" (ie Volunteer) on Wednesdays but on may 10th I can't go into work since I have to go into "big city" to my Specialist doctor. I will tell my boss tomorrow that May 10th I can't come in on that day but the thing is she will want to know when I will come instead. That week is also my Mom's play at the church as well (11-13th) so that my normal thing of "stopping by the church after going to day-program" isn't a good idea either since 1)I have to be home by 3:30pm that day for a quickie supper and then head to the church for the play. (Tuesdays aren't good days period) Also the fact that I don't think it matters if the church gets cleaned up that particular week since by Saturday it will just be a mess again)

    2) I really, really hate Dad taking me to my Specialist doctor (Mom hasn't taken me for a VERY long time) since about two (is it three years?) ago he embarrassed me in front complaing about my sleeping habits (and also kind of complaing about Mom's sleeping habits as well). And LAST year he insisted I talk about my sleeping habits with the doctor..I just wish he would let sleeping dogs/dragons/centaurs/whatever alone.

    1/2) I don't like Dad taking me to the doctor in (big city) is we only stay for the appointment then go home vs Mom if she could take me, we would spend the entire day in the city. (But then in the latter case there's no option unless we wanted to get an early train ie 3-4pm train home) I can't go into Toronto on my own (and even if I could..I literally have this habit of looking at my whichever parent ((once it was my 71/2 years older sister, but still)) is there for answers).

    Hello @MadameLee
    I will be thinking of you on May 10th when you have the Specialist Doctor appointment. I hope that it goes as smoothly as possible.
    I am sorry that you have had not too good experiences with your Dad taking you to your Specialist. He loves you and cares about, and isn't intentionally trying to embarrass you. He just wants to help you with your health issues, and provide some feedback to the doctor. Things can change from one appointment to another, and this time may go better with how you go with your Dad accompanying you.
    It would be good to talk over with the people that you work/volunteer with and work out the best option that will suit both you and the people that you work for, as to when you can alternatively do the work. They would be understanding of the situation that it is a medical reason that you are unable to come to work, and may allow you to perhaps miss coming in that week. Try seeing what results when you let your boss know about the Specialist appointment.
    I send a hug <3 to you as you prepare to go the doctors, and attend the appointment.
  • SandpitturtleSandpitturtle Posts: 171 Member
    I'm kind of freaking out, can I have somebody to talk to please.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 161,788 Member
    I'm kind of freaking out, can I have somebody to talk to please.

    Hello @Sandpitturtle
    I am sorry that you feeling upset. What is the cause of your feeling distressed?
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,518 Member
    edited April 2017
    @rosemow The thing is I been going to "Specialist" doctors (endocrinologists) in this city (*cough* has a big tower and has a weird lighted sign for the Pan Am a couple of years ago *cough*) for 27 years ( for the first 17 at a hospital for sick children and then had this doctor from 2008-Present). Since I have issues that my thyroid doesn't produce hormones its needs for me to function. So that's why I have a doctor's appointment on the May 10th.

    It just I just hope this year he doesn't 1)talk about my sleeping habits or 2) forced me to talk about it. It's none of his business-and also HE shouldn't be talking since he goes to bed as late as I do!!


    I just really, really, really, really, really, really, really wish MOM could do it instead for a change.. heck I wouldn't even mind my SISTER (if she was available which she isn't since unlike me she has an actual paying job) taking me just so I don't have to deal with Dad. Of course if Mom was taking me it means we would have to be up around 6am to I would assume use the train (instead of the bus since we don't have the 1 and 1/2hrs+ to travel by bus to ((university)) and then switch to the local transit to get to the LRT to get to the subway to get to ((station) ) to get to the hospital where my doctor sometimes works. Then we would need to do the blood work and then wait around for awhile (don't know if Mom would let us have lunch or not since normally Mom and I don't do lunch if we had a big breakfast and have snacks in my bag the only time we ever did lunch ((Post-stopping have lunches in city)) was when I was switching over to this doctor from my old hospital and that was quite an adventure) hopefully on May the 5th (PA day ) Mom and I get to do something in Toronto just to make me happy for the next week. Mom hasn't taken me since at least 2013/4.





    kikWQMd.jpg
  • SandpitturtleSandpitturtle Posts: 171 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    I'm kind of freaking out, can I have somebody to talk to please.

    Hello @Sandpitturtle
    I am sorry that you feeling upset. What is the cause of your feeling distressed?

    I have severe depression and anxiety, I'm currently freaking out about my EA account as I've been trying to get help all day and I don't have much time left and don't know what to do. I really don't feel good right now.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 161,788 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    @rosemow The thing is I been going to "Specialist" doctors (endocrinologists) in this city (*cough* has a big tower and has a weird lighted sign for the Pan Am a couple of years ago *cough*) for 27 years ( for the first 17 at a hospital for sick children and then had this doctor from 2008-Present. Since I have issues that my thyroid doesn't produce hormones its needs for me to function. So that's why I have a doctor's appointment on the May 10th.

    It just I just hope this year he doesn't 1)talk about my sleeping habits or 2) forced me to talk about it. It's none of his business-and also HE shouldn't be talking since he goes to bed as late as I do!!


    I just really, really, really, really, really, really, really wish MOM could do it instead for a change.. heck I wouldn't even mind my SISTER (if she was available which she isn't since unlike me she has an actual paying job) taking me just so I don't have to deal with Dad. Of course if Mom was taking me it means we would have to be up around 6am to I would assume use the train (instead of the bus since we don't have the 1 and 1/2hrs+ to travel by bus to ((university)) and then switch to the local transit to get to the LRT to get to the subway to get to ((station) ) to get to the hospital where my doctor sometimes works. Then we would need to do the blood work and then wait around for awhile (don't know if Mom would let us have lunch or not since normally Mom and I don't do lunch if we had a big breakfast and have snacks in my bag the only time we ever did lunch ((Post-stopping have lunches in city)) was when I was switching over to this doctor from my old hospital and that was quite an adventure) hopefully on May the 5th (PA day ) Mom and I get to do something in Toronto just to make me happy for the next week. Mom hasn't taken me since at least 2013/4.

    Hello @MadameLee
    Perhaps you could talk it over with your mother, and see if she can attend the appointment with you. You have posted about a way to attend the appointment with her, so perhaps you could share this with her also. It will make you more at ease going with her, so although there is extra work to attend the appointment, it will help to ease how you are feeling about the situation. If you do need to go with your Dad, you could talk over with him beforehand the concerns that you have.Doing that may help the situation, and prevent your embarrassment or you feeling uncomfortable .
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 161,788 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    I'm kind of freaking out, can I have somebody to talk to please.

    Hello @Sandpitturtle
    I am sorry that you feeling upset. What is the cause of your feeling distressed?

    I have severe depression and anxiety, I'm currently freaking out about my EA account as I've been trying to get help all day and I don't have much time left and don't know what to do. I really don't feel good right now.

    Hello
    I send big hugs to you <3 Depression and anxiety is so very tiring, and effects both your mind and body. I am so sorry that you are enudung through depression. Try taking an hour by hour, a day by day. There will be better days and times just as there will be harder days and times.
    With your EA Account, try going onto live chat with EA Help. They will help you with your account issues
    https://help.ea.com/
    Sending another hug to you <3
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top