Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We care! Supporting Simmers going through hard times.

Comments

• Minx11Minx11 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Hello @Minx11
    It is great that you talked with the Guy that you like. I am glad that you are having a better day and are feeling happier :)
    Half Thanks To You! (And @LillaGrisen ) He's So Cute.
    I think I need one of these @rosemow If so, whoops!
  • mfmigginsmfmiggins Posts: 13 New Member
    hi I'm new here and well thank you for leaving that link rosemow :)
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    mfmiggins wrote: »
    hi I'm new here and well thank you for leaving that link rosemow :)

Hello @mfmiggins :) Welcome to the forums. You are very welcome to post here anytime that you like supprt in what you are going through in your life <3
    I Did Good! My Crush And I Had An Actual CONVERSATION.
    Minx11 wrote: »

Hello @Minx11 :) It is very nice that you had a conversation with him. It is a good way to start getting to know each other. I hope that you will continue to enjoy talking with each other :)
  • JDSimzJDSimz Posts: 791 Member
    @Minx11 Congratulations!! I remember the last crush I had, (when I was in 4th grade), and I was always so nervous around her! Now she's my very good friend. :)
    Origin ID: ducklansimming
    "I am ready to face any challenge that might be foolish enough to face me."
    tenor.gif?itemid=9963762
    edited April 2017
    XDJSIMMERX wrote: »
    @Minx11 Congratulations!! I remember the last crush I had, (when I was in 4th grade), and I was always so nervous around her! Now she's my very good friend. :)

I'm So Nervous Around Him! He's Too Gorgeous! And His Feet Are Too Big.
    rosemow wrote: »
    Minx11 wrote: »

Hello @Minx11 :) It is very nice that you had a conversation with him. It is a good way to start getting to know each other. I hope that you will continue to enjoy talking with each other :)

Would Help If He Had More Than 2 Interests :D:D

I Also Couldn't Help Myself And I Had To Ask If I Could Touch His Hair!!! I Apologised For Being Weird Afterwards.

(And Now I'm Back From Rehearsals, Everything Went Downhill Today: I Did Not Get A Chance To Speak To Him And I Discovered He May Be Going Out With Someone Already. I Hate Life Right Now.)
    Post edited by Minx11 on
  • JazztizzJazztizz Posts: 627 Member
    mcrudd wrote: »
    Hi all, sorry if I have not been around much, I had the most hardest of days on the second of March when my brother was officially missing a full year :( Lots have been happening, the latest is that they are trying to change his missing person case to a murder inquest. They also considering going to the media and doing a big outreach with several newspapers at once. I am just emotionally tired now, I play soooo much sims, it keeps me calm and my mind busy. You can still help if you want too by sharing his posters if you have facebook or other social media. I do appreciate everyone that has done it so far, you guys are the best <3 This is his page

I understand completely. My son was officially missing a year as of March 2nd too. They now have his case on NAMus.org. My heart went out to you to read further updates and every hair on my body stood on end since we recently went through exactly the same thing. They found a body in Philly. Because we have dental records, we didn't have the agonizing wait. Do you have any news? I am following this thread now but please send me a direct message any time if you want to talk. I'm here for you.
    Find your pack. Love them hard.Because life is short, and sometimes they disappear.Missing Benjamin.Dd9S8jh.gif
    Jazztizz wrote: »
    Hi all, sorry if I have not been around much, I had the most hardest of days on the second of March when my brother was officially missing a full year :( Lots have been happening, the latest is that they are trying to change his missing person case to a murder inquest. They also considering going to the media and doing a big outreach with several newspapers at once. I am just emotionally tired now, I play soooo much sims, it keeps me calm and my mind busy. You can still help if you want too by sharing his posters if you have facebook or other social media. I do appreciate everyone that has done it so far, you guys are the best <3 This is his page

I understand completely. My son was officially missing a year as of March 2nd too. They now have his case on NAMus.org. My heart went out to you to read further updates and every hair on my body stood on end since we recently went through exactly the same thing. They found a body in Philly. Because we have dental records, we didn't have the agonizing wait. Do you have any news? I am following this thread now but please send me a direct message any time if you want to talk. I'm here for you.

Hello @Jazztizz
    I send hugs to you <3 I continue to keep you in my thoughts as you await news of your missing son, and endure through the heartache of missing him. You have much empathy for mcrudd as you are going through the same as she is and understand so much of how she is feeling.
    edited April 2017

Hello @Jazztizz
    I send hugs to you <3 I continue to keep you in my thoughts as you await news of your missing son, and endure through the heartache of missing him. You have much empathy for mcrudd as you are going through the same as she is and understand so much of how she is feeling.

@Rosemow thank you. You know I was thinking that there is a way the Sims community can help. I want @Mcrudd's opinion on this especially, and everyone's. I was missing as a teen for a week because I ran away. It felt like years -- I met some really interesting, beautiful and also dangerous people. About a dozen years ago I became a Poster Partner for NCMEC (National Center for Missing & Exploited Children). On a Sims forum maybe ten years ago, I began to make sims of the unidentified children found every year and whose stories need to be solved. I started a bunch of boards on Pinterest. All my kids knew about this because I would often get letters from NCMEC that made me cry for days, "It is with great sadness and deep sympathy, we regret to inform you that (this young person) was found deceased. Please remove any posters you have disseminated."

I felt like this is something people hate to think about because sadness hurts. Yet if we could somehow make it a joint creative effort, it would definitely help to spread the word. There was a recent case from NCMEC in which a girl missing for over 18 years, abducted as a child, was found again and reunited with her family. I believe that visualizing the best possible outcome for our missing loved ones is really important. It can ease our hearts and protect our health which fear will crush to pieces.

So with that in mind, I was thinking of starting a forum thread for a CAS building challenge, something like: "Help Us Find Our Loved Ones." If enough people look at Eugene's photos, and my Benny's and create beautiful sims, many more people who might not otherwise have will see their photo. Also, I was thinking it could include a building challenge too. "Please help me visualize a beautiful place where my son could be." And a writing challenge: "Please create a story about why our loved one might have been missing so long."

I have a very vivid imagination and it drives my fear sometimes until anxiety is so horrible that I cannot breathe. Meditation and visualization and prayer -- playing the Sims -- speaking to friends and trying to forget, all these things help.

Perhaps if you have lost someone you love dearly, you could ask the community to help you celebrate their life in much the same way. For instance, my dad was a Drill Sarge in WWII. He recently died and we miss him so much. He was handsome and strong until well into his 90's. He was a generation older than my mom, but he kept pace with her until the end. So it would be so wonderful to see people looking at his dear handsome face and creating him in the CAS. Some of these creations are so true-to-life.

This is just an idea I thought of and perhaps there are drawbacks I haven't thought of. If so please feel free to tell me what you think, even if you think this is a terrible idea!

Thanks so much @Rosemow for this thread. I apologize for not reading more stories and hope to do so in the months to come. I'll have a bit more time after the next surgery in mid-May.

@Mcrudd PS I visited and commented on your Facebook page and shared Eugene's photo. I have a lot of friends in Europe and the UK and some have already begun sharing the poster.

<3. Tizz

Post edited by Jazztizz on
    Find your pack. Love them hard.Because life is short, and sometimes they disappear.Missing Benjamin.Dd9S8jh.gif
    Hello @Jazztizz
    Your ideas sound very special <3 You have very thoughtfully, empathaticzlly and caringly thought about ways to help other simmers as wel as yourself. It is against forum rules though to post personal photos and personal details, so I think that your suggestions on threads/challenges may be best done on another website.
    I hope that yout preparations for your upcoming surgery progress smoothly.
    Hello @Jazztizz
    Your ideas sound very special <3 You have very thoughtfully, empathaticzlly and caringly thought about ways to help other simmers as wel as yourself. It is against forum rules though to post personal photos and personal details, so I think that your suggestions on threads/challenges may be best done on another website.

Oh is it? Thank you @Rosemow for your help and your good wishes. *hugs* I will definitely give that site a good think. Perhaps I could make some uploads that speak about this personally via the sims and see if anyone is interested.
    Hello @Jazztizz

Oh is it? Thank you @Rosemow for your help and your good wishes. *hugs* I will definitely give that site a good think. Perhaps I could make some uploads that speak about this personally via the sims and see if anyone is interested.

You're welcome <3
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,751 Member
    My dad told me to shut up for no reason less then 5mins ago. My church is doing an experiment of sorts (to raise money to pay for the church roof upgrade we got last year) and this thing we're doing is "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner" and we didn't know where we're going until I answered the phone when a person associated with the event called and wrote down the address. Dad was told TWO Days ago (well three days it was Tuesday) that We were NOT going to be getting a name ONLY an address by Mom. So I answered the phone and I wrote down the address and Dad came up and acted like a two year old and said "I thought we're going to get a name" and I was like "Mom told you two days ago that we wouldn't be getting a name!!" and he said "Shut up and I don't want to argue."
    6adMCGP.gif
    MadameLee wrote: »
    My dad told me to shut up for no reason less then 5mins ago. My church is doing an experiment of sorts (to raise money to pay for the church roof upgrade we got last year) and this thing we're doing is "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner" and we didn't know where we're going until I answered the phone when a person associated with the event called and wrote down the address. Dad was told TWO Days ago (well three days it was Tuesday) that We were NOT going to be getting a name ONLY an address by Mom. So I answered the phone and I wrote down the address and Dad came up and acted like a two year old and said "I thought we're going to get a name" and I was like "Mom told you two days ago that we wouldn't be getting a name!!" and he said "Shut up and I don't want to argue."

Hello,@MadaneLee.
    It may be best just to forget what just happened. Your Dad may have forgotten what yout Mother had earlier told him, and he felt a little frustrstred. He didn't mean to hurt you by what he said. It was only him expressing how he felt about the situation in general.
    Your parebts love you and care about you.

Hello,@MadaneLee.
    It may be best just to forget what just happened. Your Dad may have forgotten what yout Mother had earlier told him, and he felt a little frustrstred. He didn't mean to hurt you by what he said. It was only him expressing how he felt about the situation in general.

it's just he's constantly forgotting stuff... and this time he had NO reason for him to tell me to shut up. Most of the time when he tells me to shut up he does have a reason (because I'm being a 🐸🐸🐸🐸) but this time HE was the one being a 🐸🐸🐸🐸.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,544 Member
    edited April 2017

Hello,@MadaneLee.

it's just he's constantly forgotting stuff... and this time he had NO reason for him to tell me to shut up. Most of the time when he tells me to shut up he does have a reason (because I'm being a plum) but this time HE was the one being a plum.

If he is often forgetting stuff, his explosion at you could be his fear. My late mother had Alzheimer's Disease. Her doctor told my sister to not tell my mother that's what she had. So, my sister informed me, so I wouldn't blurt it out. I think that's a rather dumb idea, myself, but there you have it. God forbid I should fall prey to that monstrous disease, I would hope my loved ones would have the courtesy to say that's what I have, even if I end up 'forgetting'.

There is an old, old song, that talks about memories and "they can't take that away from me" as one of the lyrics goes. Hah! Dementia, Alzheimer's, senility, DOES take your memories. At least the short-term ones we rely on. The long-term from ages passed are still there. In fact, I think that's why many of these patient's end up so child-like during the course of these diseases. They're stuck in the only memories they can easily recall.

Like rosemow suggested, try to let this one roll off of your back. You know you didn't deserve to have your head bitten off. But part of being a Christian (and since you mentioned this was a Church project I can only assume you're a Christian) is we are to forgive other's their trespasses. It's not so much for them, but for you. Harboring ill-will toward another eats our insides out. Doesn't harm the one we're angry with one bit. It damages our own soul. Smile and just try to love your father. He's going through something that most of us will never understand.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/

Hello,@MadaneLee.

it's just he's constantly forgotting stuff... and this time he had NO reason for him to tell me to shut up. Most of the time when he tells me to shut up he does have a reason (because I'm being a plum) but this time HE was the one being a plum.

If he is often forgetting stuff, his explosion at you could be his fear. My late mother had Alzheimer's Disease. Her doctor told my sister to not tell my mother that's what she had. So, my sister informed me, so I wouldn't blurt it out. I think that's a rather dumb idea, myself, but there you have it. God forbid I should fall prey to that monstrous disease, I would hope my loved ones would have the courtesy to say that's what I have, even if I end up 'forgetting'.

There is an old, old song, that talks about memories and "they can't take that away from me" as one of the lyrics goes. Hah! Dementia, Alzheimer's, senility, DOES take your memories. At least the short-term ones we rely on. The long-term from ages passed are still there. In fact, I think that's why many of these patient's end up so child-like during the course of these diseases. They're stuck in the only memories they can easily recall.

Like rosemow suggested, try to let this one roll off of your back. You know you didn't deserve to have your head bitten off. But part of being a Christian (and since you mentioned this was a Church project I can only assume you're a Christian) is we are to forgive other's their trespasses. It's not so much for them, but for you. Harboring ill-will toward another eats our insides out. Doesn't harm the one we're angry with one bit. It damages our own soul. Smile and just try to love your father. He's going through something that most of us will never understand.

@GalacticGal un another subject it's just every year I have to explain to him why three times of the year we have to go early to (my pick-up place) for bowling. It's not that he has dementia, or anything (if he did that would be a big problem because Mom and I aren't drivers and we require dad to drive us to /from places).. But I think he's just concerned about my sister's car which we have which currently since it's going to our mechanic on Monday since it has some engine issues currently and he's tries not to drive too far in it. I am aware he has low self esteem (and my sister and I both inherited it as well). It's not the first time he had a cow about stuff I remember about two years ago..I was making a salad for supper(Caesar) and I had placed the unwashed lettuce on the counter and Dad basically throw the lettuce across the counter saying something about "That's how Grandma H got sick once" but I knew better and at that point..I didn't let it bother me. Besides he shouldn't have been talking in that scenario since he always had a habbit (until now) of trying 365 days of the year of thawing meat on the counter..(big no-no)
    6adMCGP.gif
    we are to forgive other's their trespasses. It's not so much for them, but for you. Harboring ill-will toward another eats our insides out. Doesn't harm the one we're angry with one bit. It damages our own soul. Smile and just try to love your father. He's going through something that most of us will never understand.

@GalacticGal
    No matter what you believe this is beautiful advice. "Hatred is like drinking poison and then waiting for your enemy to die."

@MadameLee As I read your post, I wondered the same thing that @GalacticGal wrote about -- he might be forgetting. As @rosemow wrote, no doubt he loves you. . My dad and I used to fight like cats and dogs -- yelling. He was so stubborn, a Drill Sarge in the Army and SO tough on me. I miss him and would welcome even an argument. *hugs* to you today. Parents make mistakes too. Hang in there

we are to forgive other's their trespasses. It's not so much for them, but for you. Harboring ill-will toward another eats our insides out. Doesn't harm the one we're angry with one bit. It damages our own soul. Smile and just try to love your father. He's going through something that most of us will never understand.

@GalacticGal
    No matter what you believe this is beautiful advice. "Hatred is like drinking poison and then waiting for your enemy to die."

@MadameLee As I read your post, I wondered the same thing that @GalacticGal wrote about -- he might be forgetting. As @rosemow wrote, no doubt he loves you. . My dad and I used to fight like cats and dogs -- yelling. He was so stubborn, a Drill Sarge in the Army and SO tough on me. I miss him and would welcome even an argument. *hugs* to you today. Parents make mistakes too. Hang in there

Never heard that quote before, but it's the same idea. ;) And so very succinct. :smiley:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php

Hello,@MadaneLee.

@GalacticGal un another subject it's just every year I have to explain to him why three times of the year we have to go early to (my pick-up place) for bowling. It's not that he has dementia, or anything (if he did that would be a big problem because Mom and I aren't drivers and we require dad to drive us to /from places).. But I think he's just concerned about my sister's car which we have which currently since it's going to our mechanic on Monday since it has some engine issues currently and he's tries not to drive too far in it. I am aware he has low self esteem (and my sister and I both inherited it as well). It's not the first time he had a cow about stuff I remember about two years ago..I was making a salad for supper(Caesar) and I had placed the unwashed lettuce on the counter and Dad basically throw the lettuce across the counter saying something about "That's how Grandma H got sick once" but I knew better and at that point..I didn't let it bother me. Besides he shouldn't have been talking in that scenario since he always had a habbit (until now) of trying 365 days of the year of thawing meat on the counter..(big no-no)

Obviously, you father is struggling with something. He's got stuff on his mind, if you don't believe he's got another bigger issue going on here. I pray, not. When he starts placing his keys in weird places, then you need to worry. Just don't be like my sister. She was in denial for a very long time. Oh, she knew something was 'wrong'. She's the one who took our mother to see a doctor, in the first place. But, it's like she never truly accepted that our mother was quite ill. We lost our Dad just a month after mother was diagnosed. It's been rough, but we're both grandmas, so we can soldier on. Life is what it is. Be well and I hope things look up for you soon.
    @Jazztizz the other week when I was trying to make Mini Pizzas for the family Dad sometimes help me. But this day Mom yelled at dad and said "You never try to do (blank) you always except her (me) to bend the actual words) but you never try" or something along those effects. I do forgive him for telling me to shut up..
    6adMCGP.gif
    edited April 2017
    Never heard that quote before, but it's the same idea. ;) And so very succinct. :smiley:

Yeah it really is I forget who said it. Your great advice made me remember it.

@MadameLee family is where we learn to be strong for the rest of our lives. Take it one day at a time. The best advice I ever got was just recently which is this: There are only two answers for every single situation in life -- love or fear. Right now my son is missing. Fear grabs my throat and tells me he's dead. Love gently removes those hands, stares fear in the face and calls it a liar. It is. Fear lies and creates anger, hatred and every negative emotion that isn't love. So pour love on your parents and especially on YOU. By trying to figure out what is wrong instead of just reacting, you are getting stronger and wiser. You're doing great.

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top