Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Introducing the Archer Legacy

I've played a bunch of legacies over the years, but this will be my first attempt at fully documenting one. To tell the truth, I was inspired by @MsPhy's blog for Pete's Legacy.

The Archer Legacy

First, the vital stats:

Succession Laws

Strict Equality: The founder may be of either gender. However, only children of the opposite gender to the founder are eligible to be named heir. This repeats itself for the next generation (the next heir must be a different gender than the previous heir) so that each generation will have alternating-genders as heirs.
Strict Traditional: To be eligible to be named heir, a child must be naturally born from their previous-generation parents and be able to trace an unbroken bloodline back to the founder. Adopted children may never be named heir.
Merit: The child with the most fully completed aspirations will be named heir. If there is a tie, the child with the highest level in a single skill will become heir from among the children who are tied.

The Founder

Sebastian Archer. Self-assured, active and outgoing, Sebastian has worked hard to save up enough money to buy a vacant lot in Oasis Springs, and launch a career as a star bartender. His dreams and ambition are big, but will he succeed, or will he be swallowed up by the desert? How long can he survive on a diet consisting exclusively of Special K? And does he really only own one pair of shorts?

11-07-14_1-03c2a0pm.png?w=940

banner-onlysims-800x140-1.png
Because Geeks Really Do Have More Fun

Comments

• Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    Wow, I'm honored! Looking forward to following The Archer Legacy!
  • Options
    AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member
    He's going to be shirtless all of the time isn't he? Hehe! I'll be following this one for sure!
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
  • Options
    TrickTrick Posts: 1,538 Member
    AkramA wrote: »
    He's going to be shirtless all of the time isn't he? Hehe! I'll be following this one for sure!

Yeah, poor Sebastian came to Oasis Springs with nothing but some pocket change and his red shorts. Some day maybe he'll be able to afford a shirt, but it's pretty low on the priority list.

And it's the desert. It's hot out there. :smiley:

• Options
    desirae333desirae333 Posts: 261 Member
    He is very attractive! I am looking forward to see how his genes pass down into the future generations!
  • Options
    I've been updating like a madman the last few days so I definitely won't be posting every time something goes up, or I'd annoy the hell out people, but the story of Sebastian, Lakeisha, and the latest addition to the family, Artemis, has been moving along nicely.

11-10-14_2-26c2a0pm.png

Did the Archers have a cute baby, or a twisted demon?
    Will Travis regret giving up the hair dye?
    Artemis and the Science Set... will it end in tragedy?
    As Sebastian's metabolism slows, are his abs doomed?

These questions, and more, may or may not be answered in...

The Archer Legacy
    (see link in sig)
  • Options
    I'm loving your story, let me see what else I like, updated family picture in your header, easy to read scorecard, your point of view writing style, constant update and also Sebastian's abs, hehe! Keep up the good work!
  • Options
    I'm loving your story, let me see what else I like, updated family picture in your header, easy to read scorecard, your point of view writing style, constant update and also Sebastian's abs, hehe! Keep up the good work!

I've had a lot of time to play for the last several days so I've probably been updating faster than I'll be able to keep up forever, but glad at least one person doesn't seem to think I'm overdoing it too much. :smile:

Thanks! The compliments are very much appreciated.
  • Options
    Your welcome, It's been a blast reading your story too.

One thing about your blog though, since you updated too fast I think one thing you need in your blog is a chapter list because when I read yours I usually read the latest first and then realise that there's a chapter before that. Especially that you don't have numbered chapter.

I hope it doesn't sound like lecturing because I really like your story :wink: .
  • Options
    Your welcome, It's been a blast reading your story too.

One thing about your blog though, since you updated too fast I think one thing you need in your blog is a chapter list because when I read yours I usually read the latest first and then realise that there's a chapter before that. Especially that you don't have numbered chapter.

I hope it doesn't sound like lecturing because I really like your story :wink: .

No, not at all. I was wondering if something like that might be helpful, since the whole thing is sort of backwards right now without any good way to tell where it starts. Thanks!
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I've added a table of contents link at the top... hopefully that'll make things easier for someone trying to start from the beginning.
  • Options
    I noticed that, I didn't know you had that many post/chapter!
  • Options
    ErinErin Posts: 641 Member
    I absolutely adore this legacy! Well done!
    670?cb=20130818204250
    "Because now it's the fans out there that are entertaining us, the developers, with their creations!" - Will Wright
  • Options
    Erin wrote: »
    I absolutely adore this legacy! Well done!

Thanks so much! I'm having a lot of fun with it. Nobody's more curious about where this is going than I am. :)
  • Options
    ErinErin Posts: 641 Member
    I believe it; it's easy to tell from your writing that this is something you're really interested in keeping up with and that's another reason I like it.
    670?cb=20130818204250
    "Because now it's the fans out there that are entertaining us, the developers, with their creations!" - Will Wright
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,697 Member
    Great story, love what I read so far :) Bookmarked, and will check out more later.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Things are on hold at the moment, but it's just a temporary thing while I'm out of town for Thanksgiving. And Artemis has been hogging up the blogging computer to play Dragon Age.