Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bookworms! What are you reading?

2...Next

Comments

• Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    Im working on Les Miserables . Its gonna take a while to finish being one of the longest books ever writen but i'll get through it ....somehow
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited November 2014
    I gave up on Sorcerer's Ring with starting book 10. I can forgive the spelling and grammatical mistakes and the overuse of the same phrases to a degree, but now she's thrown things that are not very nice things to discuss (consider things that we have a problem with in our sims games and are against forum rules as a hint). I give up, the line is drawn when a 15 year old leaves the "true love" of his life 2 days before his wedding day (at 15???) for nothing less than his cousin.

If anyone is ever interested - just don't read this series. Don't even get started. Book one was decent but I started picking up on the writing problems by the third book, but this is subject matter issues, I just can't anymore.

Thank goodness I have a ton of books on my kindle to read. I just have to choose. I will start in on the Wheel Of Time series I think.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • RainbowSimQueenRainbowSimQueen Posts: 1,227 Member
    I'm reading Life Blood by V.M. Black
  • jnscoeyjnscoey Posts: 231 Member
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    Ugh. I'm currently reading Morgan Rice's Sorcerer's Ring. it's awful but at least the books are short...I bought them all at once though so I feel a need to complete it. I'm on book 8 of 16 and struggling to get through because the books are so badly written. However I also have OCD in that once I start a storyline I can't stop. So I'm going to put myself through the misery of reading the next 8 books as well. Thanks for reminding me lol.

They compared her to Tolkein and GRRM, and the like. Blatant false advertisement. :(

I know what you mean, I started the Courtlight Series by Tereh Eden, I hated it but kept reading it because I just can't help myself. I was on book 4 when, thankfully, school started and I had no time to read, so I stopped. When I finally got time, I felt no compulsion to start again! Yay me!

I just finished (re)reading the Black Jewels series. Now I am desperately in search for some new books before I read start Kushiel's Dart for the 5th time.
  • natashifiednatashified Posts: 3,314 Member
    Forced to read Macbeth. Hate it.
  • MLJ28aMLJ28a Posts: 320 Member

Sorry to hear that. I have always greatly enjoyed Shakespeare's plays and poems. Hamlet is my personal favorite, but Macbeth is certainly high on my list as well.
    zD4X8.gif
  • natashifiednatashified Posts: 3,314 Member
    MLJ28a wrote: »

Sorry to hear that. I have always greatly enjoyed Shakespeare's plays and poems. Hamlet is my personal favorite, but Macbeth is certainly high on my list as well.

I prefer Romeo and Juliet, Macbeth just seems bland and very linear. But thats just me.

• Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    edited November 2014
    I am reading a series called Beacon Lights of History. The books are almost 100 years old. I love old books about history. I read pretty much only non fiction books. I am also reading a book called Great American Trials. Both very interesting. Mostly I like reading books about the great depression, ww 2, roaring twenties, the titanic and true crime. Gosh I must sound like a boring dweeb lol. Really I am not.

Oh dear it is official I am a nerd lol.
  • goofygoober25goofygoober25 Posts: 149 Member
    I am reading the Iron Druid series,those books are seriously like crack. Can't get enough of them. Also, the Codex Alera series by Jim Butcher
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I just recently got an Android tablet for only 99 cents (it was a special deal when I upgraded my smartphone) and I'm absolutely loving it, especially being able to get e-books for it (I have both the Nook and Kindle reader apps). Right now I'm re-reading the first three books of Katherine Kurtz's The Adept series; they're about a psychiatrist in Scotland who has some quasi-psychic powers, and along with his friends use those powers to fight evil. The books usually start with a murder of some sort, and the doctor and his friends (including a police inspector and an artist) have to find out who did it and bring them both to traditional justice and Higher Justice. I'm also waiting for Kurtz to release the third volume in her Childe Morgan series, The King's Deryni -- I've been a fan of her Deryni novels for a couple of decades or so.

Next on my reading list is Bob Ryan's autobiography about his career as a sportswriter, Scribe, then I have Dirk Hayhurst's series of baseball books to read (I'm a big sports fan). In dead tree literature, I have John Feinstein's book on life in the minor leagues, Where Nobody Knows Your Name. I also have a few politically related books on my reading list, including Elizabeth Warren's book.
    MLJ28a wrote: »

I prefer Romeo and Juliet, Macbeth just seems bland and very linear. But thats just me.

The Tempest is my favorite Shakespeare work -- it's a nice combination of the real and the fantasy worlds.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • FawnFoxFawnFox Posts: 360 Member
    I'm currently reading The Silmarillion by Tolkien, and goodness me is it hard to get through :p But really amazing and so interesting to read if you have read all the other Middle-Earth books.

2afmmf5.jpg

• AnnePlaysAnnePlays Posts: 2,504 Member
    I read a lot of fanfics and manga lately, don't know if that counts.

The last book I've read is the Fangirl, the story is really cute and I can't help but put myself in the protagonist shoes'.
    muscle_gumball_by_vanillycake-d4a9ida.png
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    FawnFox wrote: »
    I'm currently reading The Silmarillion by Tolkien, and goodness me is it hard to get through :p But really amazing and so interesting to read if you have read all the other Middle-Earth books.

I know what you mean. I LOVE Tolkien, LOTR is my favorite book of all time and I love the Hobbit, and I have dabbled in and liked some of the anthology books that go along as back up material to it all. But the Silmarillion was just a difficult read for me. I think it was the over all lack of perspective characters, it read like a history book.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • FawnFoxFawnFox Posts: 360 Member
    edited November 2014
    Yes you're not wrong! And the terminology, oh spare me! So many Middle-Earth names and places and so much Sindarin etc etc...

It's going to be a struggle, but I think I'm going to soldier through it because I don't know if I can call myself a Tolkien nerd without having read it :p

2afmmf5.jpg

• AnnePlaysAnnePlays Posts: 2,504 Member
    One of the best books I've read recently is Wicked, I'm on the the third book of the series now, but I'm tempted to skip it because the Lion feels a little boring to me.

Out of Oz is unfortunately hard to find in my local bookstore.
    muscle_gumball_by_vanillycake-d4a9ida.png
  • MissBMissB Posts: 323 Member
    I really enjoy reading and some of you are reading great books. I am reading The Century Trilogy: Fall of Giant by Ken Follett. I really enjoy it, he also wrote Pillars of the Earth which is quite good.
    Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go play sims.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited November 2014
    MissB wrote: »
    I really enjoy reading and some of you are reading great books. I am reading The Century Trilogy: Fall of Giant by Ken Follett. I really enjoy it, he also wrote Pillars of the Earth which is quite good.

Oh hey. Is the third one out, then? I loved the first two.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • whitemage_annwhitemage_ann Posts: 63 Member
    Have any of you ever read "The Historian"?. Excellent novel for anyone who enjoys vampire stories.
  • KLAlexisKLAlexis Posts: 472 Member
    I am currently on The Lovesick Cure by Pamela Morsi. I only have like 7 short chapters left:3. I am liking it.
    "The truth hurts, but lies kill"
  • Vici0us_VirusVici0us_Virus Posts: 3,076 Member
    Do androids dream of electric sheep.by Phillip k.D1ck...
    Zombie survival guide.by max brooks...
    Abnormal psychology.by halgin whitbourne...
    Hardback copy of The Da Vinci Code.by Dan brown...
    LTD.Ed. Van Gogh.distr,Taschen
    Hardcopy of Akira no.6 by Katsuhiro Otomo...
    Graphic novel Johnny The Homicidal Maniac by jhonen vasquez
    Invader zim :manifest doom by happy/snafu...
    Atm thats all Ive been thumbing thru a few others lately but these are all currently bookmarked. I didnt realize I read this much lol im out all day in the summer,but winter time I read alot apparently.

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Just finished Katherine Kurtz's The King's Deryni, third book in her Childe Morgan trilogy. Probably going to read some more of Dirk Hayhurst's The Bullpen Gospels (about life in the minor leagues). Hoping I get a Barnes & Nobel gift card so I can get some more books for my Nook app on my tablet.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)