Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bookworms! What are you reading?

luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
edited November 2014 in Off Topic Chat
I'm rereading A Storm of Swords (Game of Thrones, book 3). I've been in a rereading mood a lot recently, and when I reread, it seems to always be long fantasy books. I've also got a goal to have reread the whole series before the next book in the series comes out ... if he ever gets that finished. I'm starting to wonder if that will happen. :\

I also keep restarting Mark Oshiro's Mark Reads Twilight, but I never get very far! I <3 Mark.
EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
Post edited by luthienrising on

Comments

• lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    I love reading... <3 I love reading historical romance novels, horror novels, romance novels. I love reading Stephen King's "It". I have read the Southern Vampire Series (Sookie Stackhouse) books. I still have to get the last one that came out 2 years ago to complete the series. I have other SK books such as Pet Cemetery, Carrie. Right now, I'm reading a e-book on my Nook called Dearly Departed in Deadwood. I've read all of the Twilight books before they came out with the movies so I knew somewhat of what to expect from them.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,859 Member
    edited November 2014
    Ugh. I'm currently reading Morgan Rice's Sorcerer's Ring. it's awful but at least the books are short...I bought them all at once though so I feel a need to complete it. I'm on book 8 of 16 and struggling to get through because the books are so badly written. However I also have OCD in that once I start a storyline I can't stop. So I'm going to put myself through the misery of reading the next 8 books as well. Thanks for reminding me lol.

They compared her to Tolkein and GRRM, and the like. Blatant false advertisement. :(
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • RivieRivie Posts: 782 Member
    I just saw Gone Girl and I'm sort of interested to see how the book is.
    Rivie aka Lux Conant
    kingsonfam.png
    Kingson Family thread - Updates, Behind the scenes, Sneak peeks and more...
    The Abandoned Lot - Kingson family How the story begins...
  • Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,899 Member
    I'm into reading romance novels. Right now I'm reading a book called My First-Jason and Katie.

It's more of a romcom then when I'm done with this book I will be reading a book called Forbidden Disclosure.
  • plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    ^Fibber alert!

How does a horse turn pages?

Carrot muncher!
  • butterfly61butterfly61 Posts: 1,921 Member
    I am reading Dead Ever After, I have heard it's not very good ending to the series but I have read all the others and must finish. Next will be the Outlander series.

• lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    I am reading Dead Ever After, I have heard it's not very good ending to the series but I have read all the others and must finish. Next will be the Outlander series.

That is the one that I still need to get. I am sad that True Blood is no more now, but at least I have the books even though the show really didn't follow the books.

• butterfly61butterfly61 Posts: 1,921 Member
    lisasc360 wrote: »

That is the one that I still need to get. I am sad that True Blood is no more now, but at least I have the books even though the show really didn't follow the books.

You know when I would watch Trueblood I always forgot it was based on the books, to me it just seemed like two different things I like. I am very sad it is over.
  • cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    The forum
    TL8ZBmw.gif
  • MLJ28aMLJ28a Posts: 320 Member
    edited November 2014
    I've been reading Under The Dome by Stephen King, and rereading Death Note manga series.
    zD4X8.gif
  • kati77kati77 Posts: 3,146 Member
    I'm currently trying to read through a stack of New Scientist -magazines I didn't have time to read, when they came... But the most recent book I read was Margaret Atwood's newest short story collection Stone Mattress. I really love all her books, but the best ones I think are The Handmaid's Tale and The Year of the Flood, which is the middle book in the Mad Addam -trilogy, which is brilliant :)

I really can't decide, what to read next, though. For me to be able to read a book, I really have to get into it. And if that doesn't happen soon enough, I just give up reading it...

I love everything post apocalyptic and dystopian, and from that genre The Road by Cormac McCarthy, and a book called Random Acts of Senseless Violence by Jack Womack are couple of the best ones I've read.

And even though I'm a grown-up, and the Uglies -series by Scott Westerfeld is young adult literature, I really enjoyed them, when I read them last summer :)
    01-06-18_5-09-41%C2%A0PM_2.png

• jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,859 Member
    MLJ28a wrote: »
    I've been reading Under The Dome by Stephen King, and rereading Death Note manga series.

I really like Stephen King's books. Under The Dome is , to me, the best he did (I think in 2009?) since the Dark Tower finished up. The show is crazy compared to the book. This is not really the place to discuss the show but if you like King and don't like the show, you may still like the book - some of it's the same in the beginning but it's in a totally different and weird place now than the book ever was.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I usually read classics. Really just want to catch up on all these well-known books. :P

Right now I'm reading Don Quixote. I've read around 1050 pages, so I'm close to the end. I also bought the newest Diary of a Wimpy Kid when I saw earlier that it was already out.

Some of my favorites are The Count of Monte Cristo and The Phantom of the Opera.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • MelanieSimlishMelanieSimlish Posts: 4,432 Member
    I'm currently working through all the classics I should've read before, with a few pleasure-reads on the side. For the classics I'm on Huckleberry Finn, then I'm going to read The Secret Garden, Mary Poppins, Oliver Twist, A Tale of Two Cities, Great Expectations, etc. and for the pleasure-reads I'm on The Sun Also Rises, The Help, and To Kill a Mockingbird for the third time. :)
    44444.gif
  • Sue_D_NimSue_D_Nim Posts: 2,553 Member
    I'm currently working through all the classics I should've read before, with a few pleasure-reads on the side. For the classics I'm on Huckleberry Finn, then I'm going to read The Secret Garden, Mary Poppins, Oliver Twist, A Tale of Two Cities, Great Expectations, etc. and for the pleasure-reads I'm on The Sun Also Rises, The Help, and To Kill a Mockingbird for the third time. :)

I love your reading list.
  • elliskane3elliskane3 Posts: 2,050 Member
    I'm currently reading the Sims 3 Forums (one of us had to say it!) :mrgreen:
  • Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,899 Member
    edited November 2014
    plopppo wrote: »
    ^Fibber alert!

How does a horse turn pages?

Carrot muncher!

I'm a Centaur. That explains how I can turn pages and I hate carrots. :(

That's my daughter in my avi. She's full horse. SHE can't turn pages.

• MyaMya Posts: 68 Member
    I was reading Modelland By Tyra Banks, but i finished it. Then i stared on City Of Ashes. Both books are very good!
  • wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    I'm currently reading If I stay.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    I am currently working on Dracula and Lolita :)
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
  • Kaike78Kaike78 Posts: 414 Member
    30 Days of Night: Fear of the Dark by Tim Lebbon and The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien.
    "Yes: I am a dreamer. For a dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world."

-Oscar Wilde

• GenuineGemGenuineGem Posts: 135 Member
    A friend has started me on The Wheel of Time series and so conquering that series is pretty much my holiday project. I mean, the prologue took me a while in itself. But I'm a slow reader :flushed:
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    edited November 2014
    Kaike78 wrote: »
    The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien.
    <3

(edited to fix! Do not try to cut parts of quotes before coffee!)

EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Fordee09Fordee09 Posts: 7,341 Member
    I'm currently finishing off the last few chapters of "A Dance With Dragons", by G.R.R Martin.

And, I'm also reading DC's New 52 Justice League: Dark Vol 2. And, although I am not very enthused in it, I've also started to read Dragon Age: The Stolen Throne. I want to get up to date on all the books before Inquisition, but, I haven't really gotten into it yet.
    tumblr_mnt6wnw49M1rx891yo2_500.gif
  • Nh6650Nh6650 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Currently I am reading September by Rosamunde Pilcher.