Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anime fans out there?

Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,901 Member
I'm watching One Piece, Berserk, Soul Eater, Inuyasha, Pokemon, Fairy Tail, High School of the Dead, Sailor Moon Crystal and Ranma 1/2. Fairy Tail is currently on hiatus because I'm waiting for the release of new dubbed episodes.

Anyone else an anime fan? If so what are you watching currently and any recommendations for fellow anime lovers.

Comments

• Sue_D_NimSue_D_Nim Posts: 2,553 Member
    Not watching any series right now. Mostly I just watch Miyazaki movies over and over and over and ...

What I really wish I could find are non-pirated reruns of the old 80s series. I even liked the English dubbing. Star Blazers, Captain Harlock, Robotech, Robotech Masters, Robotech TNG.
  • plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    I quite like Scooby Doo.
  • faceless341faceless341 Posts: 36 Member
    I love anime and just recently got into Fairy Tail and hope to see more soon. :D
  • robotpanda34robotpanda34 Posts: 3,387 Member
    Watching Beyond the Boundary then gonna watch Love Live School Idol project season 2
  • MLJ28aMLJ28a Posts: 320 Member
    I've been watching Akame ga Kill, Sword Art Online II and Parasyte the maxim.
    zD4X8.gif
  • Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,901 Member
    I might rewatch Fairy Tail because that anime is epic that way. I heard of Sword Art Online. I might give that show a try.

An anime Scooby Doo is not lol.

I also just watched One Piece: Strong World. Awesome movie.

robotpanda; Haven't heard of those before. I might look them up.

Sue_D_Nim: My brother in law might like the Robotech series. He's into stuff like that.
  • yunagarnetyunagarnet Posts: 417 Member
    I'm not a huge anime fan but I like Sailor Moon and Rumiko Takahashi's works. Ex. Inuyasha, Ranma 1/2, Urusei Yatsura, etc. I've watched Samurai Champloo and my friend showed me the first episode of Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood so I plan on watching it eventually!
    “Honestly, we didn’t meet player expectations at launch, and that was a difficult pill to swallow,” - The Sims 4 executive producer, Rachel Franklin.
  • HanskuHansku Posts: 1,735 Member
    Nowadays I more like to read manga, but sometimes like to watch few episodes.
    Gintama is my favourite anime, it's great that its arcs are only like 3-8 episodes long. It has humor, parodies, action and almost everything actually.
    Code Geass and Neon Genesis Evangelion are also one of my favourites.
    Arakawa Under the Bridge, for some reason this one reminded me of Hetalia.
    ZKC: The Unlimited: It was kinda like mix of Code Geass and one anime I can't remember.

Haven't really catched up any series of anime/manga lately, only following few manga: Pandora Hearts, Kuroshitsuji, D.Gray Man and Bleach.
    I might drop Bleach soon from my list, this last arc has been really confusing and I've lost interest.

AlA2dUe.gif
    finnish | ♀ | ♓ | intp
  • LilybellsLilybells Posts: 71 Member
    I've watched way too many animes to count!

Inuyasha and Ranma 1/2 were my childhood! I remember being really excited to watch Inuyasha on TV at like 11:30PM every friday night hahah.

Lately I've been really into sports animes. Summer of 2011 was my Prince of Tennis phase. I marathoned all 178 episodes that summer.. Oh, the memories. And I recently finished Haikyuu!! and Free!. Something about sports animes just gets me so emotional.. If you like sports animes, you should check those out!

I also just started Gintama. At first I didn't want to watch it 'cause I thought it would be like Bleach or Naruto and stuff (I'm not that into fighting animes), but I gave it a chance and it's actually hilarious. Totally different from what I expected!

If you like slice-of-life type stuff, you should check out Barakamon. It's super sweet and funny.

I could probably go on forever, but I will stop here for your sake hahah.
    tumblr_inline_n8rrt8GvSh1rj4zgt.gif
  • HanskuHansku Posts: 1,735 Member
    edited November 2014
    @Lilybells
    Ah, Ranma 1/2 is a classic, I wanted to collect the manga more (I have the last five volumes or something like that), but didn't find it anywhere.
    I've been thinking about giving a chance to this Haikyuu!!, even though sports animes aren't really my thing, I tried to watch Kuroko no Basuke but I dropped it in the middle of first season.

I'll promise Gintama won't let you down, I started watching it maybe five or six years ago and thought exactly the same because it had so many episodes. Luckily I was wrong and gave it a try. :D
    This photo explains everything.
    1a683e26-687d-47d8-b498-29d8d1ba33a9_zps609ac2ae.jpg

And if you like slice of life and comedy, try "Daily Lives of Highschool Boys."
    AlA2dUe.gif
    finnish | ♀ | ♓ | intp
  • Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    Im not a huge anime person but there were a few i watched . like Full Metal Alchemist and Ghost in the shell . Im also going to list RWBY even though its not technically an anime its on crunchyroll so close enough right ?
    Scooby Doo would cough up a sausage if he knew he was getting dissed as not being anime.

Anyway, check out this little nugget I just swiped from YouTube:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ucyng65R1sQ
    He don't get going until 10 seconds into the clip - he's standing on the right, in the girly-looking coat.

I bet he's had a few sherberts - or a few blows to the head.

Something to do with Klunk.

You better check yo self before you wreck yo self

This is more classical anime - like Yogi Bear, etc.
  • Sue_D_NimSue_D_Nim Posts: 2,553 Member
    I had some Tenchi Muyo sims in TS1. I had never seen the show, but a friend told me about it, and the sims were beautifully done. I built a V-shaped house for them with floating platforms and glass floors, and I gave them an animated Pikachu for a pet. Of all the sims I've had, Ayeka was the one who was always autonomously tucking the kids in bed.
    If you say your name fast it's like pseudonym.
  • LilybellsLilybells Posts: 71 Member
    @Hansku

Oh really? That sucks. I saw the whole series at this local manga store that I went to! It was like $140+ though so I decided not to get it.. hahah

I haven't watched Kuroko no Basuke but I feel like it'll be different from Haikyuu!!. Definitely give it a try! I didn't think I would like it that much, but it surprised me. I genuinely got emotional during like every episode hahah.

Yeah!! It's so great! I'm on episode 74 right now. But I've been taking a break from it 'cause there are just too many episodes to handle! I love Katsura so much. I feel like he deserves more love.
    tumblr_inline_n8rrt8GvSh1rj4zgt.gif
  • Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited November 2014
    I'm currently not watching anything but the last thing I did watch, IIRC, was the new Netflix original Knights of Sidonia: Season 1. Anime that I've watched or in my library are:

Samurai Champloo (In my library)
    Full Metal Panic/Fumoffu/Second Raid (Library)
    Sailor Moon/R (Library)
    Dragon Ball/Z/GT/Kai
    Blue Gender
    Chobits
    Tenchi Muyo
    Tenchi in Tokyo
    Tenchi Universe
    Trigun
    Cowboy Bebop
    Lupin the 3rd
    Avatar the Last Airbender - Book 1, 2, 3 (Library)
    Legend of Korra
    Princess Jellyfish
    Fate/Zero
    Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple
    B Gata H Kei - Yamada's First Time
    Legend of the Legendary Heroes: Season 1
    Eden of the East
    Fairy Tail: Season 1
    Angel Beats
    Ouran High School Host Club: Season 1
    Demon King Daimao: Season 1
    Fruits Basket
    Kaze No Stigma: Season 1
    Rosario + Vampire: Season 1
    Air Gear
    Blood+
    Code Lyoko Seasons 1-4
    High School of the Dead
    Steel Angel Kurumi
    Burn-Up Excess
    Card Captors
    Naruto
    One-Piece
    Mobile Suit Gundam Wing
    Angelic Layer
    Pokemon
    Super Milk Chan
    Blue Seed
    Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo
    Golden Boy
    Cyborg 009: The Cyborg Soldier
    Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children (Library)
    FLCL
    Grave of the Fireflies
    InuYasha
    Resident Evil Degeneration/Damnation (Library)
    Rurouni Kenshin
    Saiyuki
    Spirited Away
    The Big O
    Those Who Hunt Elves
    ThunderCats (2011)
    Totally Spies
    Yu Yu Hakusho
    Yu-gi-oh!
    Outlaw Star
    Hamtaro
    Zatch Bell!
    Bleach

And + that I cannot remember or I'm not really going to list it all. Some listed are movies and/or in an anime style but not actually created in Japan such as Avatar the Last Airbender/Legend of Korra.

Post edited by Deshong04 on
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    Anyone watched accel world? I'm scared of diving into the anime world but that girl is kyoot
    TL8ZBmw.gif
  • robotpanda34robotpanda34 Posts: 3,387 Member
    edited November 2014
    Planning to watch World Conquest Zvezda Plot
    Post edited by robotpanda34 on
  • MLJ28aMLJ28a Posts: 320 Member
    Anyone watched accel world? I'm scared of diving into the anime world but that girl is kyoot

I haven't seen that one, but if it interests you, I'd recommend giving it a watch. There's nothing to be afraid of, really.

. . .

Moohahahahahahaha! :p
    zD4X8.gif
  • AnnePlaysAnnePlays Posts: 2,504 Member
    Baka to Test Shoukanjou - Anime about school who gives students the ability to summon their chibi selves and have them fight another for class standing. Its' weirder than you think you must give it a go.

Daily Life of HighSchool Boys - Anime about highschool boys and their stupidity, it mostly focuses on spoofs and parodies of japanese pop culture. Have at it!

Watamote - Anime about a NEET girl and her delusions about real world. She is so funny and so tragic, you can't help but feel for her most of the time. The rest of the time you'd want to bash common sense into her. Watch it!!

I'm a sports Anime fan as well as RomCom as well, not sure if many like it like I do, give me a heads up if you're curious what I watched. :3
    muscle_gumball_by_vanillycake-d4a9ida.png
  • ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    I'm not usually an anime watcher where I'll sit down and drop everything else for it, but when I do, it's always a one-season or short-run anime, like The Ambition of Oda Nobuna, Highschool of the Dead, and a few others. The only anime that does keep coming back that I will put things down to watch is always Sengoku Basara. Not much, I know...
  • MelanieSimlishMelanieSimlish Posts: 4,432 Member
    I'm not really an anime fan, but my sisters are and they introduced me to the short-lived but hilarious Princess Jellyfish. <3 I also like Spirited Away, even though it gave me nightmares as a child haha
    44444.gif
  • AnnePlaysAnnePlays Posts: 2,504 Member
    @MelanieSimlish - I'm assuming you got freaked out by No-name. I know I was.

Also I recommend watching My Neighbor Totoro <3
    muscle_gumball_by_vanillycake-d4a9ida.png
  • Fordee09Fordee09 Posts: 7,341 Member
    I'm not the biggest fan of Anime; but, my friends have coaxed me into watching some.

Welcome To The NHK was amazing, I really enjoyed that. Attack On Titan, Death Note, and Monster were all pretty good as well. I did watch Highschool Of The Dead, due to my love for all things zombie- but, the show was just a disgrace, too much fan service for my liking.

I'm currently on Episode 4 of Eden Of The East; and it's pretty good so far. I can't wait to see where it goes!
    tumblr_mnt6wnw49M1rx891yo2_500.gif
  • Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,901 Member
    edited November 2014
    I'm on episode 200 of One Piece. This anime is insanity! Almost at the end of the Sky Island Saga and about to start the Water 7 Saga.

Edit: Saga not Arc. -_-