Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What the plum dish network A rant

wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
Why would you remove cartoonnetwork/adultswim [since they share the same channel] Just why?
6JSxk49.png?1

Comments

• rachvid_rachvid_ Posts: 117 Member
    Money. It's always all about money. Cartoon network wanted more money, Dish wanted to give them less money, no agreement could be made on the contract so now the channel is dropped. I dislike Dish with a passion, but sometimes its hard for people to compromise. :/
  • LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    We recently got rid of Dish because of their dumb channel line-ups .
    We told them we were missing Sci-Fi and another Channel - so they "fixed" it.
    Only to later find out they Removed a couple other Channels we previously had
    (and still wanted.)
    They seem Worse than TWC...
  • wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    They're better than direct tv.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
    edited November 2014
    If I'm not mistaken, I have seen advertisements for AMC stating that Dish Network will probably be losing that station and any station that AMC owns. I have DirectTV and they have been showing the advertisements for it. DirectTv had already said that they will be renewing their contract with AMC. I think Dish Network loses a lot of their stations that DirectTv still have.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/keep-amc-on-dish-network/
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    You are not mistaken. I have seen the same flashing advertisement during my beloved TWD. :(
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    You are not mistaken. I have seen the same flashing advertisement during my beloved TWD. :(

I really hope no one loses AMC. I love watching that channel myself... <3

• LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    jcp011c2 wrote: »

I really hope no one loses AMC. I love watching that channel myself... <3
    I lost it/Amc .
    By giving Dish "the boot".
    So now I have to play the waiting game, til Netflix updates it.
    Don't miss anything else enough to pay more.

But it is hard on my Zombie "addiction".
    Which husband, and my two sons, don't understand.
    (yet the boys played a lot of the online games w/zombies/ infections.)
    They just think I'm nuts . :(
    Daughter understands, LOL! :)

• jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    I tell you this if I lose AMC I'm going to just have to buy the season pass to TWD on iTunes. Never done it before buy my gosh, my zombaddiction will not be denied.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
    I'll just wait for Netflix. I'm still on season 1 of the twd anyway.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,901 Member
    AiHaou wrote: »

Direct TV blows.
    We had it before we got Cox Communications and it just kept cutting off. And they wouldn't come and fix it until my sister paid the bill that wasn't due for another 2 weeks.

I would try to get them to drop cable altogether and we can just use Netflix but my sister likes her HBO and who and I to argue with her about her HBO? -_-
  • Luke2153Luke2153 Posts: 538 Member
    AiHaou wrote: »

Direct TV blows.
    We had it before we got Cox Communications and it just kept cutting off. And they wouldn't come and fix it until my sister paid the bill that wasn't due for another 2 weeks.

I would try to get them to drop cable altogether and we can just use Netflix but my sister likes her HBO and who and I to argue with her about her HBO? -_-

HBO is about to have their own streaming website. I don't know when it comes out but you can do your research and maybe you can now drop cable since your sister now has HBO streaming!
    large.jpg
    Well they finally gave it back. :#
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I'm sure cartoon and boomarang will be back. It's just temporary. I think there is a dispute about pricing and dish doesn't want to pass that to us. Direct Tv got the weather channel back so I can see the same thing happening with dish with this.
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited December 2014
    I don't know what's up in this case, but that usually happens when networks decide to play hardball. They ask for more money, the company doesn't want to give it. The network says "fine, we'll pull all of our channels until you renew your contract us and give us more." The company gets squeezed and they yield or work out a middle ground. BUT because they give the network more money, subscribers now have to pay more to the company so it can afford what the networks are asking.

It's a vicious cycle. I seriously lived with just PBS for years. All I really need is the internet anyway. :p
    IHJCfa6.jpg