Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Is Your Favorite Christmas Carol?

butterfly61butterfly61 Posts: 1,921 Member
With the approaching holiday maybe we will find some Christmas carols we have never heard. If you don't celebrate the holidays sorry. Mine is "O Holy Night" the John Berry version. What is yours?

Comments

• jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    Carol Of the Bells. after that We Three Kings.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • kmsim15kmsim15 Posts: 1,552 Member
    It is so hard for me to choose just one, but I like "We Three Kings" by Celtic Woman. I also love "The Little Drummer Boy" by Celtic Woman as well. I really like the classics sung by Burl Ives and Bing Crosby and a few sung by Elvis.
  • butterfly61butterfly61 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Little Drummer Boy by Bob Seger is good.
  • elinorablyelinorably Posts: 301 Member
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    Carol Of the Bells. after that We Three Kings.

Those are my two favorite carols as well. There is a nice rendition of God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen/We Three Kings by Barenaked Ladies and Sarah McLachlan that makes my playlist every year.
  • kmsim15kmsim15 Posts: 1,552 Member
    Little Drummer Boy by Bob Seger is good.

I"ll have to check that out, I don't know if I have ever heard that version
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited November 2014
    Of trad carols, "O Come All Ye Faithful". Of modern ones, Jackson Browne's "Rebel Jesus," which I love to death. Oh and good old Bing Crosby's "White Christmas"!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    My top three would be I want a hippopotamus for Christmas, Santa Baby and Grandma got run over by a reindeer. I'm not a traditionalist.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • chorvageechorvagee Posts: 544 Member
    Let It Snow but I like all Ray Conniff's rendition of Christmas carols.
  • Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    edited November 2014
    My top 3 would have to be

What Child is This
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1A3i0GATnRI

I Saw 3 Ships
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rc8CQwMmd0

and We 3 kings
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJxBlJFjOU4

Dishonorable mentions

Baby its cold outside ( the first date 🐸🐸🐸🐸 song. seriously skip it to about 1 min in and you'll see )
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTNheCEUP_A

and Fairytale of New York
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9jbdgZidu8
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    Not a traditional Christmas song but I hear it a lot at Christmas and I love it, Ave Maria.
  • sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Mine is 'O Holy Night' I love Reba McEntire version.

I also really like Bruce Springsteen's version of 'Santa Clause is Coming to Town'
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • MLJ28aMLJ28a Posts: 320 Member
    the-muppets-christmas-carol.jpeg

zD4X8.gif
  • cornishovencornishoven Posts: 163 Member
    Fairytale of New York was my first dance with my husband at our wedding. lol.
    So that will always be my favourite Christmas song. I know the lyrics aren't exactly... romantic, but we aren't exactly traditionalists :)
    So that will always be my favourite Christmas song. I know the lyrics aren't exactly... romantic, but we aren't exactly traditionalists :)

I love fairytale of new york but it just doesnt quite fit . I mean it starts off with him singing about being in the drunk tank on Christmas eve .
  • cornishovencornishoven Posts: 163 Member

I love fairytale of new york but it just doesnt quite fit . I mean it starts off with him singing about being in the drunk tank on Christmas eve .

Yeh... Its not your usual wedding song I'll grant you lol. But it was a Christmas wedding, and its our favourite Christmas song so we thought...why not? Also, it was a lot more fun to dance to than the usual boring slow song :)
    @Ceffefreak4life

Just giving you a little background on Baby it's cold outside. It was written during WWII by Frank Loesser and his wife. It was an innocent song written in a more innocent time. The line you refer to was a common "excuse" of doing something you really wanted to do and you would blame a strong drink on your actions. The girl even wonders what would the neighbors think if she came home in the wee hours of the morning. Sorry if more current cynicism has colored a funny sweet song for you.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
    Yea i know when it was written but you cant deny the line " baby whats in my drink " heavily implies that he slipped her a mickey
    Yea i know when it was written but you cant deny the line " baby whats in my drink " heavily implies that he slipped her a mickey

Sorry I don't see it that way. Maybe it's that I'm older and understand the context of the time it was written and the social mores at the time. I can see how people today might think that way. It just seems that seeing something sinister in something that isn't is a common thing today. That's sad.

• LilybellsLilybells Posts: 71 Member
    I love Nat King Cole's Chestnuts Roasing on an Open Fire! It's so comforting.
    tumblr_inline_n8rrt8GvSh1rj4zgt.gif
  • jbt18jbt18 Posts: 41 Member
    i dont celebrate christmas
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top