Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Origin Update?

Is anyone else having issues with Origin? It was supposed to update but then it went into offline mode. I can't access the Gallery in game either.
Hey! Follow me on the gallery at: DawnbreakEdge

Follow my Sims 4 Blog on tumblr!: dawnbreaksims.tumblr.com/

My Showcase: Click Me!

Comments

• simsinmysleepsimsinmysleep Posts: 651 Member
    edited November 2014
    I'm having issues, but they seem to be different from yours. Since the Origin update, I can't window out to my desktop anymore. Instead of going to the desktop, it just cuts the audio in the game. I can only get out by either quitting the game or bringing up task manager (where Sims 4 is represented by a bunch of weird-looking characters, btw). Weirdness. I hope the not being able to window out isn't a permanent change.

ETA: Forgot to say, at the moment I seem to be able to access the gallery okay.
    KGLsNuM.jpg
  • burntcheese223burntcheese223 Posts: 1,157 Member
    ahholladay wrote: »
    I'm having issues, but they seem to be different from yours. Since the Origin update, I can't window out to my desktop anymore. Instead of going to the desktop, it just cuts the audio in the game. I can only get out by either quitting the game or bringing up task manager (where Sims 4 is represented by a bunch of weird-looking characters, btw). Weirdness. I hope the not being able to window out isn't a permanent change.

That is the problem I was having as well. I wasn't sure if it was something with the game or my pc. Good to know that its not my pc...
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    Someone else mentioned they received a message it would be going offline for some updates. Downtime is to be expected.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • DawnbreakEdgeDawnbreakEdge Posts: 130 Member
    I fixed it. I had to restart my computer. Origin updated and is now back to normal. :)

I fixed it. I had to restart my computer. Origin updated and is now back to normal. :)

Just curious... can you window out to your desktop? My update had already been done, but I tried restarting anyway. Now, it's back to saying 'Sims 4' under applications running in task manager rather than the strange characters, but I still can't window out to my desktop.

KGLsNuM.jpg
  • DawnbreakEdgeDawnbreakEdge Posts: 130 Member

Just curious... can you window out to your desktop? My update had already been done, but I tried restarting anyway. Now, it's back to saying 'Sims 4' under applications running in task manager rather than the strange characters, but I still can't window out to my desktop.

I had my game in Windows mode before the update (and it still is) so I don't know if I have the same issue.

• ArkaneArkane Posts: 20,224 Member

Do you mean Alt-Tabbing? If so I am having that issue too. I thought something was wrong with my PC as well.
    Potential Is Everything

Origin ID: BadArkane

XYeo1vn.png
  • LokiSimsiesLokiSimsies Posts: 1,912 Member
    My Origin didn't update yesterday. It updated just now when I launched it. It was a fairly large update, too. They've added chatrooms. I don't seem to be having the other issues though.
  • JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    Chatrooms?!
    They added... chatrooms?!

Still no:
    - achievements
    - workshop
    - F12 to take screenshots
    - cloud storage
    - backup/restore games

:rolleyes:

• LokiSimsiesLokiSimsies Posts: 1,912 Member
    edited November 2014
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »
    Chatrooms?!
    They added... chatrooms?!

Still no:
    - achievements
    - workshop
    - F12 to take screenshots
    - cloud storage
    - backup/restore games

:rolleyes:

Well, TBH, I didn't poke around to see what else they added. The chatroom things was a giant popup that said *new* so I couldn't help but notice it. It annoyed me that Origin just updated without asking first if I wanted the update. I was freaking out a little that the game may have updated as well and when I saw that hadn't happened? Just went back offline and launched Sims 4 (I am still able to alt+tab out of the game though but I also play in full windowed mode since I don't like the second long black screen in full screen mode when exiting the game).
  • JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    You're right, all they added is - chatrooms.

I just can't believe this. Is that supposed to be EA's joke? I mean... I'm not laughing. Honestly.
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    edited November 2014

That's what I did, I couldn't get out of my loading screen after the update. couldn't get anywhere on my comp, so I manually shut my comp of and waited a few minutes, now it's back to normal.

I just read Lokisimsies, I hate when updates happen like this, no asking do I want it, and sorry simmers as much as I like commenting and posting here, I don't want a chat room, I like to play but I have other things to do in the real world and not time to chat.
  • cale2003cale2003 Posts: 2,802 Member
    I'm on Beta and all it did was changed chatrooms from ALPHA to BETA
    PC Specs:
    Asus ROG GL753VE-BS71 17.3 inch
    Intel Core i7 7700HQ 2.8-3.8GHz
    16GB DDR4 RAM
    128GB SSD
    1TB 7200RPM HDD
    NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1050 TI 4GB
    6685561181.png
    Rogers Ignite 70u internet
    edited November 2014
    Do you mean Alt-Tabbing? If so I am having that issue too. I thought something was wrong with my PC as well.

@adayinthelife942, I was using the windows key on my keyboard, but I just tried and alt-tab doesn't work for me either. Neither does windows key+D. None of the exit-to-desktop shortcuts work and now this morning, bringing up task manager doesn't work anymore either -- it flashes for a second but then throws me back into the game. So now, the only way out is to fully exit the game. Well, okay then. I'll do another restart and see if that does anything...

ETA: I don't think EA wants me to play this game... after doing the cold reboot, it's worse, not better. NOW, not only can I not window out to my desktop, but once I've brought up task manager, nothing in the game is clickable anymore. I tried to just exit the game but it's not clickable. Neither are any of the play buttons, so I can't even continue to play. When I try to 'end task' under applications in task manager, it just brings me back into the game to prompt me to save, but... not clickable. I was able to 'end process' under the processes tab in task manager, though. Trying to decide if I care enough about this game to go through an uninstall/reinstall. :/
    Post edited by simsinmysleep on
    KGLsNuM.jpg
  • LadyUcciLadyUcci Posts: 24 New Member
    how do you update Origin? Cause I don't have chatrooms and my Origin did an update Friday or Saturday..is there another update?
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    LadyUcci wrote: »
    how do you update Origin? Cause I don't have chatrooms and my Origin did an update Friday or Saturday..is there another update?

All I had to do was exit Origin and open it again, and it prompted me to update. But mine didn't update on the weekend! Maybe it was a rolled-out update and only hit some places today?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • ashleeloveslloydashleeloveslloyd Posts: 50 Member
    My origin just updated -- or started, and then cut out. Now it, or Sims 4, won't open on my computer. I've tried re-starting but nothing is happening D; I don't know how to fix this. Is anybody else experiencing this?
    edited November 2014
    My origin just updated -- or started, and then cut out. Now it, or Sims 4, won't open on my computer. I've tried re-starting but nothing is happening D; I don't know how to fix this. Is anybody else experiencing this?

Mine is trying to install the pool patch right now -- is it possible that it's not opening because it's patching?

Pools will be nice and all, but mostly, I'm just hoping this patch will take care of the other issues I'm having with the game right now since the Origin update yesterday. :/

Editing again because: I spoke too soon. It let me window out like twice and now it's back to not working. What in the actual heck? :(
    KGLsNuM.jpg
    edited November 2014
    Maybe? but usually I get at least a window or notification that it's doing something, but I get nothing.
    Origin won't even open for me. I'm gonna try another restart.

Edit: Restarted and it still won't run at all. :/
  • AshkevronAshkevron Posts: 579 Member

yep same problem...very annoying

> @ahholladay said:
    > Editing again because: I spoke too soon. It let me window out like twice and now it's back to not working. What in the actual heck? :(

The worst part is that I can't launch my game right now, because I need origin to open D;
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited November 2014
    > @ahholladay said:<br />
    > Editing again because: I spoke too soon. It let me window out like twice and now it's back to not working. What in the actual heck? :(<br />
    <br />
    The worst part is that I can't launch my game right now, because I need origin to open D;

I've lost track - did you try restarting your computer? Clearing Origin cache? (there's a link about that in my sig.)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    I've restarted, yes! I'll try clearing the cache now.
    edited November 2014
    > @ahholladay said:<br />
    > Editing again because: I spoke too soon. It let me window out like twice and now it's back to not working. What in the actual heck? :(<br />
    <br />

@ashleeloveslloyd, So the restart didn't help? I wonder if you can reinstall Origin without having to reinstall the game?

@luthienrising, I did restart (several times), but I haven't tried clearing the Origin cache. Thanks for that tip; I'd like to try it, but I don't really understand which files to delete. The link to clearing cache files says where they're located, generally, but doesn't say which files specifically to delete. For instance, it says some are located in C:\ProgramData\ --- do I go into the Origin folder there and delete all of those folders that have 'cache' in the title? I wonder if I'd have better luck just uninstalling and reinstalling Origin?
    KGLsNuM.jpg
  • mr014mr014 Posts: 1,648 Member
    You can reinstall Origin without having to reinstall the game.

On SimsVIP, pool trailer and all there is to know about pools!