Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just Wondering: The Supernatural EP, should they bring that back?

My favorite EP from The Sims 3 was the Supernatural EP. I really liked being a witch, werewolf, vampire, fairy, and sometimes a zombie. I kind of would like to see that EP come back for The Sims 4. I know most people probably wouldn't agree with me, but it is nice to know. I also felt like the Supernatural EP added a lot of furniture items and more interactions. I got a lot of new objects and furniture items with that EP. Tell me if you would like to see something like this EP come out for The Sims 4.
7Ar0t8G.png

Or do both and create yourself as a mermaid.

Comments

• Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    I want a Supernatural EP! With Cass, and Crowley, and.....oh, wait. Sorry......

I did like CAS stuff from Supernatural in the past though, pointy ears, wings, that sort of thing. I like making 'unusual' looking sims.
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    SadieMSadieM Posts: 150 Member
    I don't personally like the supernatural side of the sims games - I'd much prefer it to come out as an EP on it's own so I wouldn't have to have the supernaturals in the game if I didn't want them rather than them being integrated into different EPs
  • Options
    FertieSimsFertieSims Posts: 162 Member
    SadieM wrote: »
    I don't personally like the supernatural side of the sims games - I'd much prefer it to come out as an EP on it's own so I wouldn't have to have the supernaturals in the game if I didn't want them rather than them being integrated into different EPs

I feel the same. I think that's a great idea!
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member

I second that.
  • Options
    pezhead7pezhead7 Posts: 838 Member

There should be an option to turn off ghosts and any other occult state.
    That way you can choose what to buy and who runs around your town.
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    I want it back or something very like it. Or like Makin' Magic
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    simmesesimmese Posts: 1,536 Member
    I bought the last one for the build/buy stuff but ive never played the supernaturals and never will , but I understand many others do so its highly likely it will be reintroduced into TS4 ... and just as likely i'll buy it for the build/buy stuff , lol
  • Options
    CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member
    Nope. I only want this after all the 'normal' expansions are out and i've exhausted the game in reality mode. Only then will I be attracted to the subnormal elements. I feel like the Sims 1 had it right releasing MM so late. People were bored and ready to shake things up a bit. If they brought out something like that early on in the Sims 4 developement i'd be very irked.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I liked it, but I liked the genie's best of all of them. But I agree with Crackfox. Later, down the road. I'd much rather see vacations, Uni, OFB, etc, before Supernatural.
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    Yeah. I like the good witches, bad witches, genies, vampires, werewolves, and fae. But too bad they can't be even darker... more shamanic or necromantic... or just crazy... like Aleister Crowley and his ceremonial woohoo magicks.
  • Options
    idesamaidesama Posts: 89 Member
    I don't mind them putting out a Supernatural EP because I know it has a lot of fans, and I like to have a little of it in my games from time to time. But with Sims 3, I was pretty mad that they released Supernatural when we still hadn't gotten Seasons or University. Yeah, they eventually got to them, but they both should have come out before a niche expansion with more limited appeal among the simmers. So I do want them to come out with a Supernatural expansion for those simmers who want that, but it shouldn't be the first one out. Or the second. Probably not the third either. Let's at least get toddlers and weather first.

I mean heck, what's the supernatural without a good thunderstorm anyway and proper babies to snack on?
  • Options
    DarciTheFoxDarciTheFox Posts: 1,589 Member
    edited November 2014
    double post. :o
  • Options
    DarciTheFoxDarciTheFox Posts: 1,589 Member
    YES! I need supernaturals in my game. I want mermaids, genies and dragons. ALL Playable and create-able in CAS. I also really loved the witches, faeries and vampires. Though I wish vampires, dragons & zombies were more deadly.

• Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    pezhead7 wrote: »

There should be an option to turn off ghosts and any other occult state.
    That way you can choose what to buy and who runs around your town.

Yup. If I want everything overrunning my town or just a few occults that should be my choice. If I want a zombie apocalypse or not, that should be my choice. If it turns out that it will not be my choice, I may choose not to have it at all by not buying the game. Things like this DO matter.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    ferret9005ferret9005 Posts: 1,361 Member
    I liked supernatural except for the Zombies. I want meaner evil vampires that bite anybody they so desire to.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    ferret9005 wrote: »
    I liked supernatural except for the Zombies. I want meaner evil vampires that bite anybody they so desire to.

Same here. Mainly because I had an idea for ONE town, and just one, to be a zombie apocalypse town. And unfortunately as there were no demographic controls of zombies, it got somewhat out of hand.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    edited November 2014
    It's in every Sims game. You can calm down. Case closed.
    Bagoas77 wrote: »
    his ceremonial woohoo magicks.
    I also want my Sims to perform the fertility ritual from AHS Coven (both the snake woohoo and Marie Laveau's)
    tumblr_n08yhxFMAT1tne87uo1_400.gif

• Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    Yes - I need witches back. I miss finding ingredients and I think it would be fun if we could make our own spells this time and mix different stuff together (like the mixology skill in Sims 3), where we could make our own drinks. Be neat if we could name our spells too.. and you know.. mixing different stuff could.. be good or bad. Hehe. I'd like for good, neutral, and evil witches to come back. Your Sim could be good not by choosing, but by the spells they create/conjure. Of course, I'd also love to see the good and evil NPC witches come back (from Sims 2); and I guess that could be a way to become a witch too.

While I loved Supernatural, it was one of my favorites. I felt like it had it's pros and cons. I loved having access to all of those different occult's, however, It also seemed like they weren't able to spend a lot of time on them individually so some of them had less things to do than others. Like for instance, the fairies, I loved the fairies, but I felt like they were missing a lot of stuff! All they could do was play tricks, but they seemed very limited. I would have loved different kinds of tricks.. with sub categories and for them to become good fairies that did good deeds around the neighborhood for other Sims, or mischief fairies that played bad tricks..and it seemed all my fairies could do was..make other Sims shiver from the cold, or one other thing that I can't remember at the moment. But it wasn't much. :(

I think they spent a lot of time on the wings than anything else for fairies, but don't get me wrong. I LOVED the wings and I think they did a fantastic job and I'd like to have that again.

And Mermaids. While mermaids were not in supernatural, they were in their own expansion pack, I felt they limited them as well. I love that you could call them by using a sea shell but I think it should be harder than that.. like if you "meet" a mermaid, then you're able to find a special seashell while exploring the sea bank and then you'll be able to call them, plus, mermaids should have had powers.

It's a hard choice.. because I think people will be mad if an expansion pack is dedicated to all supernaturals; as it'll be an expansion pack that someone who doesn't like that type of stuff will either have to buy to get all the other content (build tools, interactions, clothing, etc) or to avoid it altogether and miss out on that content. I think they could have the option to turn all the supernaturals off, if they didn't like it.. so that could be one way to not have to be missing out on content.

But I am all for supernaturals and the expansion pack. So, I hope they can start giving us some new creatures, because while we just got ghosts.. I like the more playable creatures that our Sims can become and we can control.
  • Options
    DanyhaasDanyhaas Posts: 343 Member
    Nein
    Non
    Nie
    Nee
    Ne
    Nej

NO!
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    thesims3andtwothesims3andtwo Posts: 4,643 Member
    YES
  • Options
    Gnarl_LeeGnarl_Lee Posts: 1,014 Member
    why ask these same questions over and over and over and over and over and over and over again?
  • Options
    altad1altad1 Posts: 1,091 Member
    I did eventually buy Supernatural for Sims 3, and loved it apart from the Zombies, it did have the option to turn of all the other Supernatural characters if you wanted.

I think Sims 4 has a lot of potential for a Supernatural type expansion depending on how it's done. The small neighbourhoods that we have I think could give great opportunity for really theming it towards a particular type of supernatural, and it would be great if they gave us the ability to theme each of the neighbourhoods how we chose. I'd love a witch themed area where they could carry out rituals and group spells in their own public area.