Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

31 careers?

I'm playing a sim I started for the Sims 4 room challenge. Once the challenge was over I just started completing aspirations and careers and got this wild hair that I would have this sim do most (not a serial dater or criminal) aspirations and finish each career before settling down to family life. So I have completed the Nature, Athletic, Creative, Wealth, and Knowledge aspirations and am working on the food, family and romance sets. I have maxed the geek and painting careers and am about to finish astronaut. Next career is chef.

So I decided to check my standing in the achievements today -1235 points - and scroll through what challenges are out there. I looked a the Jack of All Trades achievement - max every career - and was puzzled by the scoring. I have 8 points out of 62. If each career is 4 points that would be 32 points. My math is having fits. 4 does not go into 30; 4 does not go into 62 for that matter. So if each current career has two paths but you get credit for both since you can only do one....does that mean each career is really 2 points and there are 31 careers currently planned?

Comments

• steve7859steve7859 Posts: 3,824 Member
    No its probably just a mistake that's been made. Its happened before already.
  • seVenpeaceloVeseVenpeaceloVe Posts: 501 Member
    the irony of everyone having so much fun doing a confined room challenge while others complain of no open world. LOL! whoever came up with that was genius.
    free the sims!
    http://youtu.be/Bj7wOfUwHlo <<sims 2 dane cook creepy work guy. hilarious!
  • TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    I'm playing a sim I started for the Sims 4 room challenge. Once the challenge was over I just started completing aspirations and careers and got this wild hair that I would have this sim do most (not a serial dater or criminal) aspirations and finish each career before settling down to family life. So I have completed the Nature, Athletic, Creative, Wealth, and Knowledge aspirations and am working on the food, family and romance sets. I have maxed the geek and painting careers and am about to finish astronaut. Next career is chef.<br />
    <br />
    So I decided to check my standing in the achievements today -1235 points - and scroll through what challenges are out there. I looked a the Jack of All Trades achievement - max every career - and was puzzled by the scoring. I have 8 points out of 62. If each career is 4 points that would be 32 points. My math is having fits. 4 does not go into 30; 4 does not go into 62 for that matter. So if each current career has two paths but you get credit for both since you can only do one....does that mean each career is really 2 points and there are 31 careers currently planned?

Hum Conundrum indeed. It would work if it was 64. Is there a couple of careers that don't branch? Yep would drive a math nut nuts! :p

I thought all the careers branched now I will have to check. :o

• 1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
    edited November 2014
    I'm a goal oriented control freak and a completionist, so the rotational game play is driving me nuts. This (the room challenge) was a nice alternative with a single sim and a specific goal. I really hated my sim family when I had to split lots. I would set tasks for the one I was leaving and come back to nothing being done. But on the opposite side of the spectrum, if they are actually doing something when I am not around it is usually cheating on their spouse. Is the entire employee pool of Maxis made up of swingers? It gets tiring running after my sims to stop the flirting with inappropriate partners. There should be some level of commitment. Base it on the relationship bar. If you let the bars (either romance or friendship) slide below 3/4 full the cheating begins, but if you keep it full they are faithful.
  • petemonsterpetemonster Posts: 136 Member
    maybe the careers coming in december count towards the achievement after one of the updates
  • RivieRivie Posts: 782 Member
    > @1need4kaffee said:
    > I'm a goal oriented control freak and a completionist, so the rotational game play is driving me nuts. This (the room challenge) was a nice alternative with a single sim and a specific goal. I really hated my sim family when I had to split lots. I would set tasks for the one I was leaving and come back to nothing being done. But on the opposite side of the spectrum, if they are actually doing something when I am not around it is usually cheating on their spouse. Is the entire employee pool of Maxis made up of swingers? It gets tiring running after my sims to stop the flirting with inappropriate partners. There should be some level of commitment. Base it on the relationship bar. If you let the bars (either romance or friendship) slide below 3/4 full the cheating begins, but if you keep it full they are faithful.

I made the Roswell characters to live next door and left them as roommates, except for the two siblings, I went back to get them something I had forgotten and found two sims were lovebirds (not the two that go together). I was planning on going back and getting them married so that wouldn't happen anymore. Now I remember I'd seen other posts of sims being unfaithful to their spouse. I guess I don't have to go back and marry them if that won't stop it. Oh well, I'll just let them do what they want. Maybe Michael always wanted to be with Liz or it's really Rath instead of Michael :wink:
    Rivie aka Lux Conant
    kingsonfam.png
    Kingson Family thread - Updates, Behind the scenes, Sneak peeks and more...
    The Abandoned Lot - Kingson family How the story begins...