Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Edit in Game" won't work - Please help!

Hi,
I like to create worlds in the Sims 3, but the "edit in game" button doesn't work. Therefore I have to publish the empty world and upload a save game of the populated world to mediafire (and I don't want to have to do that).

Also, I have tried to download "SuperCaw", but that just opens the regular "beta" version.

People have said that having "Sims 3 Ambitions" would make it work, but that hasn't either...

Please help me... :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Comments

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :(

So sorry to hear that. It might be because you have the Social Version of the Base Game. This version will not let EIG open- I've read.
    - I haven't read of a work around for this one besides buying a new game that isn't the Social but I believe they're all Social since Showtime- I think.

Check the CAW FAQ for any help; there's a lot of links to information about CAW there. Good luck. :)
  • Options
    elliskane3elliskane3 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Oh well then...
    It was worth a shot... :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    You can upload your world and put in link it to a save (in the world description) with the build up world (mediafire). :)
  • Options
    elliskane3elliskane3 Posts: 2,050 Member
    I was going to do that, but I already uploaded it to the Sims 3 exchange - I just wrote "to see a populated version, see my page" (I haven't yet finished the populated version, but I am uploading the videos of them to YouTube - Which you can view by clicking on my signature :mrgreen: )

This is where the world is: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8469912

It is my most downloaded world yet (mostly because my other worlds were built when I didn't have a clue what I was doing :mrgreen:) :mrgreen:

Thank you anyway :mrgreen:
  • Options
    ModseyModsey Posts: 1,468 Member
    I have the same problem with my new computer. I have both the original Sims 3 Base game and the more recent Go-Social version. When I got my new computer I downloaded the Go-Social version because I figured it was newer and more up to date and now I can't edit-in-game and I don't know what to do?
    Is there some way I can make it work with the original Sims 3 Base? Or do I have to uninstall everything and start over? (I'm so frustrated :( )
  • Options
    Pugslover4Pugslover4 Posts: 2,849 Member
    I needed to know my self too. I wanted to know should I do what @Modsey say???
    9cac0e69-be99-4238-b1c8-e9ef2f5d7718_zps38d42068.jpg
    I owned the store! Yahoo!
  • Options
    kellycot1kellycot1 Posts: 2,226 Member
    As far as I know (and I've never done this, but you should be able to find info on it somewhere), you can uninstall the 'Go Social' version of the base game and reinstall the original base game without a problem. Make sure you save your Sims 3 folder to the desktop or somewhere else safe, so that it doesn't get deleted in the uninstall. I believe that should work, as long as you don't try to play your game while you don't have a base game ─ that would obviously be bad and not work.

Once the old base game is installed, you can put your Sims 3 folder back and your save files should run like usual. In fact, everything should be pretty much the same as always, but when you try to use EIG, it should work ─ although I do warn that EIG doesn't play nicely if you have a LOT of Store content installed.
    a.k.a. Erin
    Check out The Simdex—my PDF guide to all of the Sims 3 Store content (last updated September 2015)
  • Options
    @kellycot1, what if I create a world and then when I finished will it still work when I upload it to my game???? So I don't have to worry about using EIG?
  • Options
    kellycot1kellycot1 Posts: 2,226 Member
    If you create a world without buildings and then export it and install it, you can do all of your building in the actual game. That's only a save file though (which you could back-up so you can re-use the template), so the buildings won't be placed if you were to go back to CAW.

There are some ways to get around the EIG/Store content issue (like selectively installing only Build/Buy items, or there's a way to replace the blank lots with the built lots using S3PE I think), but it's probably easiest to create the world and then just make a save file with all of the buildings and Sims you want. :)
    a.k.a. Erin
    Check out The Simdex—my PDF guide to all of the Sims 3 Store content (last updated September 2015)
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    kellycot1 wrote: »
    If you create a world without buildings and then export it and install it, you can do all of your building in the actual game. That's only a save file though (which you could back-up so you can re-use the template), so the buildings won't be placed if you were to go back to CAW.

There are some ways to get around the EIG/Store content issue (like selectively installing only Build/Buy items, or there's a way to replace the blank lots with the built lots using S3PE I think), but it's probably easiest to create the world and then just make a save file with all of the buildings and Sims you want. :)
    Thank you, I will try that. I love building when I am using CAWs and it's fun. But since EIG been messed up. Like this blue screen then game origin, and game launcher. But I don't feel like uninstall it and reinstall it again. After I just learned how to use NRAAS and Awesomemod so I don't think I don't want to go though another headache. LOL! Thanks again. ;)
    Edit: I do have basegame, but don't work when I am loading it from origin so I lost the disk. But I do have one that came with Seasons (PLUS) with basegame. That came with socials. I think. Ever since I download it both disk and then when I started having CAWS messed up with EIG.