March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Parentcy Challenge

Comments

• CalebFillionCalebFillion Posts: 293 Member
    As an Englishman I find it rather, well let's just say, wrong to make up a word and then use it like it really means anything. What is wrong with using words correctly? Parentcy is NOT a word any more than Alphbetcy is. It should read, .. parent/legacy or alphabetical legacy. It is an insult to your intelligence when you use non words as though they are words.
    Now, as to this challenge it would be nice to also be able to understand the rules a bit better. So if you could re do them I would greatly appreciate it. It was one that caught my eye and not just because of the silly word. Ta!
  • kierstynh34kierstynh34 Posts: 72 Member
    I know this is such an old post, but this challenge is so fun! I'm only on the first generation, the child sim will be aging up to a teen in a couple sim days, but I always get bored and give up on legacy challenges. I kinda like this one tho because it forces me to stray outside the box of what I normally do... i.e. having one parent households, only one kid, quitting jobs, etc. I think that should keep me going :D

@CalebFillion Lots of words have been actually made up by combining two others words. Like "gigantic" and "enormous," we now also have "ginormous." It became a legitimate word added to the dictionary. You can infer that with "parentcy" it's legacy + parent, and parentcy is a combination of the two, like ginormous. No, it may not be an actual word, but you can still figure out what it means. You don't have to be rude to others about it for just having a little bit of fun and essentially calling the OP stupid.

And as for the challenge rules, if you go through the different posts, you can see she's clarified quite a bit on the rules and already re-written them a few times. And she hasn't been on this post in months, so I wouldn't count on her replying to you. I would offer to help you and clarify some rules that you might be having difficulty understanding, but I think "parentcy" is clever so I must not have much intelligence. Ciao!
  • Persefona711Persefona711 Posts: 356 Member
    @kierstynh34 Good luck with your challenge! Let me know how you're doing. I really like this challenge and like to see how everyone is doing.
    And I think "parentcy" sounds good. :)
    qbDPpCu.jpg
  • SuzanneK72SuzanneK72 Posts: 9 New Member
    I am just starting this challenge and I am already enjoying it. After reading through all the posts the rules are pretty clear.

Looking forward to finishing Gen 1 and getting to Gen 2. Will post some picts when I can.
    @SuzanneK72 Good luck with the challenge! :smile: Definitely, post a pictures! I would love to see them. :smiley:
    qbDPpCu.jpg
  • amberquigleyamberquigley Posts: 122 Member
    Gonna do this one! Bet the parenting pack will make it cool as well.
  • Valpre1983Valpre1983 Posts: 889 Member
    edited June 2017
    Hi Persofena711, are there any other restrictions other than the ones you've listed in your initial post, like the size of the lot the founder has to move into, the money they start off with or whether or not they can move into a prebuilt house or an empty lot? I really want to try this out.
    Post edited by Valpre1983 on
    the-wilds2-1.jpg
  • sarah10271999sarah10271999 Posts: 1 New Member
    If we have the city living expansion pack then for gen 3 can I change the museum for the art gallery?
  • wiktorianowiktoriano Posts: 5 New Member
    i just discovered this challenge .i know i’m really really late. but i just finished my previous challenge after very long time and i was looking trough multiple challenges to try next i liked this one most.

i just have few questions if is still someone here to answer them.
    1. +25pts for every aspiration completed. does that count only on aspirations completed by the heir or anyone like spare child or spouses aspiration?
    2. 20pts for marriage on lot . again it count only of marriage of the heir or it will count if some of his siblings get married?
    3. 10pts for retiring - that mean retiring when they are elder or just quitting job when they finish their career goal?

that would be all for now. i started challenge yesterday my founder is now pregnant with Don Lothario who of course don’t care about her or child. can’t wait to see what the child will be like.
    edited June 2017
    Hi @Valpre1983 I'm not the author of this challenge, it is @Cookingpup99 but I think you should play the way that will enjoy you the most.
    @sarah10271999 in my opinion yes. It fits :smile:
    @wiktoriano 1. only by the heir 2. only by the heir 3. I think it's about when they finish their career.

and good luck with the challenge! :smiley:
    qbDPpCu.jpg
  • Valpre1983Valpre1983 Posts: 889 Member
    @Persefona711, thanks for responding.
    the-wilds2-1.jpg
  • wiktorianowiktoriano Posts: 5 New Member
    @Persefona711 thanks, i thought it will be like you say.
    i'm enjoying challenge so far it's even better now with toddlers and parenthood pack
  • BorntorunBorntorun Posts: 76 Member
    Love playing with different families and parenting styles - this will be great to try - thanks for posting!
  • RiverdaleQueenRiverdaleQueen Posts: 11 New Member
    I have just recently heard of this and I love it so much!!
  • goodnoodlesimsgoodnoodlesims Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm actually really excited to start this. Make sure you put me on the leaderboard when I'm done bc I'm rising to the top
  • PhantomEnnaPhantomEnna Posts: 37 Member
    Wow! This looks like a great challenge, and I'll be sure to try it very soon! You've definitely put a lot of thought into this challenge!
    I just enjoy playing the Sims 4 ^_^

My Wordpress
  • CNF84CNF84 Posts: 4 New Member
    Can we have the get to school mod ? :) i'm just wondering because it a really cool mod to add to your Game-play and i think it would be interesting to follow my Sims to School. ;)
  • PanikAttacPanikAttac Posts: 1 New Member
    I just started this challenge yesterday, so I'm still on gen 1. Unfortunately, my mother of one turned into a mother of three... she had triplets.
  • Doom_Aggedon21Doom_Aggedon21 Posts: 3 New Member
    > @lilmissswagga325 said:
    > > @Cookingpup99 said:
    > > Rules
    > >
    > > No Cheats
    > > Custom Content is allowed
    > > No quitting game without saving
    > > The heir is required to stay on the lot until they die
    > > No Adoptions
    > > No Lifetime Rewards (exception for gen 2 and Fertility Treatment)
    > >
    > > GENERATION 1: SINGLE MOTHER OF ONE (Two if she has twins)
    > >
    > > You create a female sim only. She ventures out into the world to make a living. She reaches level 2 of a career of your choice. She then meets a man of her dreams and becomes pregnant. She tells the man and he runs off. She is left with a baby to look after alone. She quits her current job. She does not move in with anyone or get married.
    > >
    > > 2pts for reaching level 2 of a career
    > > 15pts for maxing a skill
    > > -20pts if she has a child before she reaches level 2 of her career
    > > -20pts if she marries
    > >
    > > GENERATION 2: CAREER-FOCUSED PARENT
    > >
    > > When the child becomes a young adult, you can begin their generation. He/she is completely focused on their career as his/hers mother had not had enough money to give them a happy childhood. When they reach the top of their career they focus on having a child. They can have up to two children. They retire. YOU MAY USE YOUNG AGAIN POTION!
    > >
    > > 10pts for reaching the top of their career
    > > 10pts for retiring
    > > 20pts for marriage on lot
    > > 25pts for marriage off lot
    > > -20pts if they have more than two children
    > > -25pts if she/he has a child (with wife/girlfriend for male) before they reach level 10 of their career
    > >
    > > GENERATION 3: PAINTER PARENT
    > >
    > > When the eldest child becomes a young adult, you can begin their generation. His/her mother/father had no time to love them with concentrating on work, so he/she does not get a job, but makes money from the paintings they paint. They must meet their spouse in the museum.
    > >
    > > 5pts for reaching Level 5 in Painting Skill
    > > 10pts for meeting Spouse in Museum
    > > 15pts for reaching Level 10 in Painting Skill
    > > 15pts for maxing a skill (Not counting Painting)
    > > 20pts for every marriage on lot
    > > 25pts for every marriage off lot
    > > -25pts if they do not marry someone they met in museum.
    > >
    > > GENERATION 4: HOPELESS ROMANTIC PARENT
    > >
    > > When your eldest child becomes a teenager, they can start their generation. They had a pretty good childhood and would like their children to have the same. They must fall in love when they are a teenager (if there are no teenagers, you may download some from the gallery). They must then get married to their high school sweetheart as soon as they age to young adult and have a baby soon after they get married. They must have at least two children and the person they get married to must work. They do not work.
    > >
    > > 10pts for dating someone
    > > 20pts for getting married on lot
    > > 25pts for getting married off lot
    > > -25pts for getting a job
    > > -25pts for having less than two children
    > >
    > > GENERATION 5: COMMITMENT ISSUES PARENT
    > >
    > > When the eldest child ages up to young adult, this generation begins. He/she joins secret agent career.
    > > He/she has at least five different boyfriends/girlfriends before he/she settles down with someone. On the day before he/she ages up to adult, they get pregnant (or have a child with someone) with their only child.
    > >
    > > 2 points for every boyfriend/girlfriend he/she has
    > > 10pts for reaching top of his/her career
    > > 10pts for retiring
    > > 20pts for getting married on lot
    > > -15pts if they aren't a secret agent.
    > > -25pts if they have a child before/after the day they aging up to adult
    > > -25pts if they get married without off having at least five different girlfriend/boyfriends.
    > > -25pts if have more than one child
    > >
    > > GENERATION 6: Neglectful Parent
    > >
    > > When the child ages to teenager this generation begins. Make your sim get together with a fellow student at school (again if there is no teenagers you may download some from the gallery). When they age up to young adult, they get pregnant. When they have the baby they don't love it, they don't want it but they have to keep it. They must not stay with the child's other parent. They neglect the child, only feeding and cleaning it. They do not have the finances to send it away to boarding school. They just ignore the child and get on with their life. They don't have another child.
    > >
    > > 10pts for reaching the top of career
    > > 10pts for retiring
    > > 15pts for maxing skill
    > > 20 points for every marriage on lot
    > > -20pts for staying with the parent of the child
    > > -25pts for having more than one kid
    > > -30pts for being friends, good friends or best friend with child after they age to child
    > >
    > > GENERATION 7: NOT QUITE THERE PARENT
    > > When the child reaches young adult, this generation begins. As he/she was neglected as a child, there parents never noticed how they weren't quite there. He/she must have the traits Insane and Slob. They must earn money by busking and writing songs. They can have as many children as they want. They must get married and the husband/wife should do most of the housework and not get a job.
    > >
    > > 10pts for reaching top of career
    > > 10pts for retiring
    > > 25pts for every marriage off lot
    > > -25pts for not having the traits Insane and Slob
    > > -30pts if they don't get married
    > > -30pts if their spouse gets a job
    > >
    > > GENERATION 8: KNOW-IT-ALL PARENT
    > > When the eldest child ages up to young adult, this generation begins. This sim is very clever and wishes to know everything because their parents weren't. He/she has the traits Genius and Geek. They must max at least 3 skills and join the Tech Guru career. They must marry a fellow geek.
    > >
    > > 10pts for maxing a skill
    > > 10pts for maxing career
    > > 35pts for maxing 3 skills
    > > -20pts for dying without maxing 3 skills
    > > -20pts for joining a career that isn't tech guru.
    > > -25pts if marry someone who isn't a geek.
    > >
    > > GENERATION 9: GET'S AROUND PARENT
    > > When the eldest child ages up to young adult, this generation begins. Their aspiration should be Serial Romantic. They can join either the writer career or entertainer career. They must have at least 3 different children from different men/women, all of which that they have married.
    > >
    > > 10pts for every successful date
    > > 10pts for maxing career
    > > -20pts for having a more than one child with one particular spouse
    > > -20pts for having less than 3 children
    > > -20pts for different aspiration
    > >
    > > GENERATION 10: NOT A PARENT
    > > When the eldest child ages up, this generation begins. You can do anything in this generation except have children
    > >
    > > 10pts for maxing a career
    > > 25pts for marriage of lot
    > > -50pts for every child born
    > >
    > > (THIS IS A REWRITE OF MY PARENTCY CHALLENGE FOR THE SIMS 3. IF ANYTHING DOESN'T MAKE SENSE PLEASE LET ME KNOW!)
    > >
    >

Once you have finished gen 10 what do you do if you have no kids and want to carry on...
    @CNF84 I use this mod. It isn't cheating and as you wrote the gameplay with it it's more interesting. :smile:
    @Doom_Aggedon21 In gen 10 is one more line: 25pts for every child adopted. So you can adopt or if you have a side line in the family you can continue with it.
    qbDPpCu.jpg
  • myebbamyebba Posts: 4 New Member
    I have started to play this Legacy recently, and my generation 1 got pregnant with a child that turned out to be a vampire, so now the kid is a vampire. Does that matter?
    Nvm the baby was taken by the authorities...
    Wait, what does marriage on lot and marriage of lot mean? :/
    myebba wrote: »
    I have started to play this Legacy recently, and my generation 1 got pregnant with a child that turned out to be a vampire, so now the kid is a vampire. Does that matter?
    Author of the challenge didn't create rules for vampire game pack but in my opinion, having a vampire baby is ok.
    myebba wrote: »
    Wait, what does marriage on lot and marriage of lot mean? :/
    On lot it's when marriage happened at your sims home.
    Off lot when they married on another lot, like pub or park.

Good luck with the challenge! :smile:
    qbDPpCu.jpg
  • CrystalSim459CrystalSim459 Posts: 21 Member
    Sounds fun!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top