Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Love that "M" key and other loves & annoyances

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    what does the M key do?
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    edited November 2014
    Now when I use the "M" key I get the "travel with" option
    Post edited by catmando830 on
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    I like using the "O" key to quickly check on the sims' needs.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    what does the M key do?

read the op

My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    HayHey28HayHey28 Posts: 178 Member
    Before a little while ago, I neither used the M key or the Phone. I would just scroll out with the mouse and the cursor would change into the travel button automatically. Faster than the phone, but maybe not as fast as the M key.
  • Options
    jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    abbyshire wrote: »
    I didn't know about the M key, so thank you! And THIS is the reason I like this forum -- picking up tips and things I didn't know to make gameplay better. :)
    I didn't know about it either... Thanks!
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    windweaver wrote: »
    Hello Fellow Simmers!

I have recently started using the "M" key to travel! OMGoodness what a quick way to travel around the neighborhood. I didn't realize before what a difference that key would make. Is this something that is common knowledge to everyone or am I the only one (I totally know I won't be the ONLY one, but this phrase is commonly used here, lol)

Love, love, love the Sim behavior. It still knocks me for a loop when I play after all those years of t3 and how different that game is for the way I play.

One annoyance in 4 for me is the "Lot Info Panel" at the top of the screen. When I am changing the house out through the gallery, I find that I forget what size the lot is that I'm playing and have to go back out to the neighborhood view to read it off the info bubble of the lot, or sit there and count the stupid squares - both methods are a pain in the neck. I wish they would put the info somewhere on the lot. If it is already there, than would someone please tell me where?

That's all for now, anyone have anything to add?

Do you get the option to pick who you want to travel with? When I use the "M" key I do.
  • Options
    twinkledustingtwinkledusting Posts: 98 Member
    No, did not know. Awesome. Thank you for the tip. =)
  • Options
    windweaver wrote: »
    Hello Fellow Simmers!

I have recently started using the "M" key to travel! OMGoodness what a quick way to travel around the neighborhood. I didn't realize before what a difference that key would make. Is this something that is common knowledge to everyone or am I the only one (I totally know I won't be the ONLY one, but this phrase is commonly used here, lol)

Love, love, love the Sim behavior. It still knocks me for a loop when I play after all those years of t3 and how different that game is for the way I play.

One annoyance in 4 for me is the "Lot Info Panel" at the top of the screen. When I am changing the house out through the gallery, I find that I forget what size the lot is that I'm playing and have to go back out to the neighborhood view to read it off the info bubble of the lot, or sit there and count the stupid squares - both methods are a pain in the neck. I wish they would put the info somewhere on the lot. If it is already there, than would someone please tell me where?

That's all for now, anyone have anything to add?

Do you get the option to pick who you want to travel with? When I use the "M" key I do.

Yeah, a big picture of sims comes up and you can choose one of those or just travel alone.

From what some Simmers are saying, when they used it, your sim would go alone. Apparently there was no option to travel with any other sim. So, they must have changed it in a patch. I don't know which one, I don't remember reading about it in the patch notes, but it's now available.

• Options
    carrielouloucarrieloulou Posts: 145 Member
    Hate the M key, always press it accidently when im aiming for the < key. Can you switch it off?
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I have no idea, I doubt it. But may I suggest, work on your aim?
    Post edited by windweaver on
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I didn't know about the X, M, or O keys. Good post with good info :p
  • Options
    JonalinJonalin Posts: 1,708 Member
    HayHey28 wrote: »
    Before a little while ago, I neither used the M key or the Phone. I would just scroll out with the mouse and the cursor would change into the travel button automatically. Faster than the phone, but maybe not as fast as the M key.

This is how I usually travel. I like getting an overview of the neighborhood as I wait for the travel icon to appear.
  • Options
    AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member
    Yeah for all many way to travel, I think the M keyboard is the worst. I like it when in social event I accidentally hit M and they tell me that I can't travel, my heart like: You just avoid one more loading screen!
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad