Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is Roaring Heights worth it?

Hi! I don’t have any worlds from the store(expect Riverview of course), but the more I look at Roaring Heights, the more I want it! I absolutely love the concept! :D:D However, I think it is too expensive…:/
What do you think about Roaring Heights? Negative/positive feedback?

PS: Does the worlds from the store take up much space at the computer, and does it tend to slow the game? :/

Thanks! :)

Comments

• Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    Morning. I love Roaring Heights. <3 It has the city area as well as more neighborhood feel as well. I love the beach area with the variety of homes, cafe's and of course putting in the coaster on the beach just made it perfect. I had read some threads where some complained of lag in it, but, I didn't experience that. I guess the negative would be if you don't like the 20's theme as most of the NPC's are dressed that way. The other negative is they had lots of land mass that you can't put builds on. I did not have routing issues as long as I didn't try to add lots to areas that looked like you could, but, shouldn't. :) It is expensive and not sure if they will put it on sale with the holidays coming up, but, they had a some on sale last year if you are willing to wait.
  • Options
    HopeAKHopeAK Posts: 309 Member
    Thank you! I just love love love the 20s style :blush: Does the store ever have it one sale @bekkasan? Or is it just origin?
  • Options
    And also @bekkasan, will all things like swimming, boats, diving etc. be available in this world when I have Isla Paradiso? :)
  • Options
    kellycot1kellycot1 Posts: 2,226 Member
    I've only ever seen it in sale on Origin, but that could always change. I think it usually is discounted to about $8-$10 on Origin. You won't get the bonus Boardwalk Attire that way, but for me (even as a total completionist) it was worth it.

As for the EP stuff, you certainly can do all of that there (I believe houseboats work there, but that might be worth Googling around to check), but some things will require you to update lots with the right items or add new lots. For example, you won't have diving lots until you make your own/somehow plop one down. Same with ports and houseboats,and resorts. Sims will still use the little boats though when traveling by water and most other small, non-lot-specific features will work just fine.
    a.k.a. Erin
    Check out The Simdex—my PDF guide to all of the Sims 3 Store content (last updated September 2015)
  • Options
    Thank you @kellycot1 :) So in order to get the clothing and hairstyles, I have to by the gold version from the store?
  • Options
    Not exactly. There is a small pack of three, I think, outfits that come exclusively in the Boardwalk Attire set that you can only get with Gold through the Store. Everything else that is actually listed on the Roaring Heights item page (quite a few clothing and hairstyles) do come with the World no matter where you buy it.

Glad I could help! I haven't played Roaring Heights much, but it's probably the one I want to play most right now. I'm always too busy giving my worlds makeovers and I've only just started with Sunset Valley again! RH is beautiful though and really great all 'round. I love the hangouts along the beach; quite a few are easily converted to Late Night or Showtime Venues, if you have those EPs.
    a.k.a. Erin
    Check out The Simdex—my PDF guide to all of the Sims 3 Store content (last updated September 2015)
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Aha, thank you so much @kellycot1 ! Also, I noticed that the standard world is sold in electronics stores too, and only cost about 7 dollars :D but the standard version only cost about 16 dollars (in my country's currency) so it is not that big of an difference! First I thought I needed the gold version to get the beautiful hair and clothes (because of the attire package), but turns out they are a part of the general world, and thus the standard version! Great! :D:D
    Post edited by HopeAK on
  • Options
    PixieydustPixieydust Posts: 705 Member
    So if you buy the disk all the stuff is included? I am confused on the disk vs gold edition. Thanks in advance! I think this world would be a fun thing to have!
  • Options
    I'm trying to think of a way to make this easier. How about we go to the Roaring Heights product page and go through the tabs to make it clear? EA can be a little confusing.

On that first page (details) it explains that the Standard version = 100sp, the car and the World, whereas the Gold = 1900sp, the car, the World and the Boardwalk Attire (a small set). If you buy a copy of Roaring Heights in a retail store/through Origin, you get just the car and World ─ no SimPoints or extra clothing.

If you go over to 'Items', it shows you exactly what you'll get. 'Boardwalk Attire' is listed there as 'Gold Only', but everything else ─ around 51 Build/Buy and 28 CAS (clothing and hairstyles) items, I believe ─ are included in just buying the World standard or retail.

This here is the link to the Boardwalk Attire set, which cannot be purchased separately from the Gold version of the World: http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:71059

As you can see there, there are seven full-body outfits; three are made available for YA/A and Elders (so that's really six items) and the other is YA/A only. Other than that and the SimPoints, the retail version of Roaring Heights is the same as the Gold version, but generally a LOT cheaper.
    a.k.a. Erin
  • Options
    Thank you again @kellycot1 ! I am going to buy the standard version now! So excited! :):D
  • Options
    HopeAK wrote: »
    Thank you again @kellycot1 ! I am going to buy the standard version now! So excited! :):D
    I'm so glad I could help! Let us know what you think of it. :)
    a.k.a. Erin
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    @kellycot1, I absolutely love it! Especially the hair and clothing! The world has a good mixture of city- and tropical life: D Thanks for all the help! I have experienced some problems though, like placing lots and previously build houses on the new lots .. The game also startet to freez a lot after Roaring Heights :(
    Post edited by HopeAK on
  • Options
    @kellycot1, I absolutely love it! Especially the hair and clothing! The world has a good mixture of city- and tropical life: D Thanks for all the help! I have experienced some minor problems though, like placing lots and previously build houses on the new lots ..But other than that, it seems perfectly fine :)
    That's great that you like it! Placing lots can be a lot of trouble anywhere and isn't recommended through the World Editor. It affects the routing and that can cause lag, to say the least. That's odd about placing houses on the lots though. Can you explain more?
    a.k.a. Erin
  • Options
    @kellycot, if I were to place a lot, and than a prebuild house on it, the game freezes and I have to shut I down :neutral_face: but right now I can`t even play! The game keeps freezing ever 3 second when I am in in-game mood:( :'( Please help me! I have tried deleting dcbackup, cache etc. and everything :(:(:\
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    @kellycot, if I were to place a lot, and than a prebuild house on it, the game freezes and I have to shut I down :neutral_face: but right now I can`t even play! The game keeps freezing ever 3 second when I am in in-game mood:( :'( Please help me! I have tried deleting dcbackup, cache etc. and everything :(:(:\
    I'm sorry, but I really don't know. As I said, actually placing lots using the in-game editor will shorten the life of your save, but I've personally never heard of it crashing like that. I tested it and I can place lots just fine in Roaring Heights, so I'd say it's something on your end or something specific about how you're doing it. Is it just one lot you're trying to place? Are you able to place it in other worlds? Are you able to place buildings down on ANY pre-placed, empty lots?

I hope someone can help you figure this out, too.
    a.k.a. Erin