Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

D.N.A. Request Team - Designing Nature & Architecture Just for You!

Comments

• IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    edited November 2014
    My request for ElijahsBabyGurl9 is finished.

78f6914b-3c05-4144-890c-4f6bc27d493f_zps596d82eb.jpg?t=1415042568

You may her in my studio, here:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8485223

or my thread:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12919568/#Comment_12919568

Date: July 26,2014
    Username: ElijahsBabyGurl9
    Page: Old Thread here
    Type: Sim
    Description: YA female human with Asian ancestry
    Preferred Creator:
    Claimed By: Idontrcall :)
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • GlenkarriGlenkarri Posts: 2,181 Member
    Oh lovely Rosemow, thank you so much, left a comment on the above Thread. Great Sim Lala. :D
  • klichtley28klichtley28 Posts: 15 New Member
    Happy November, DNA Thread!!!
  • Cynth220Cynth220 Posts: 1,162 Member
    Oh yeah~ HAPPY (belated?) BIRTHDAY D.N.A! I've found an awesome DV lot made by a D.N.A member by the name of @GreenDream19 called Claddagh Castle, now if only I had the premium lot the Duke of Bows faire....(I'm gonna work on getting the full exterior castle set for right now since the Japanese dining set is being a pain in the rear end to get started.) Don't normally love the Medieval style but this Resort is just top-notch even for my tastes!
  • jenny0786jenny0786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Hello DNA. I fixed the link in my original request. Thank you She for letting me know that it wasnt working.
    Itsy and Karri posted in October by accident. Itsy's got a WIP pic (in Oct.) up if anyone's curious.
  • VintageRageVintageRage Posts: 57 Member
    Request Form (Residential Lot)
    Username: VintageRage
    Preferred builder* (if none, leave blank): BreeMiles, idontrcall, SuePea,
    Sims 3 or 4?: Sims 3
    Type of build (Modern, Traditional, Victorian, Gothic, etc. or leave blank): Traditional Contemporary
    Which EPs and SPs do you have? ALL
    If you have Showtime, which edition do you have (basic, Limited, or Katy Perry)? KP
    Lot size (dimensions): What ever is needed
    Number of bedrooms: 5
    Specific instructions on decorating the bedrooms(gender, age, etc.)? Details below.
    Number of bathrooms: Including the Master Bath, 5.
    Favorite color schemes: Anything but bright/neon colors
    Colors you dislike:
    Do you want it furnished and decorated? Yes
    Can patterns from Create-a-Pattern be used? No
    Please list the Store content that can be used: Any, if I don't have it I will get it.
    Please list the Dr. Pepper and T-Mobile promotional items that can be used: N/A
    If you will be placing this lot in an EA world, which one? Aurora Skies
    Link to specific house or plan: I don't have a floor plan but listed below what I would like on each floor.
    Special requirements (garden, pool, hot tub, etc.)? I would like there to be a pool off of the deck. Maybe a small flower and vegetable garden.
    Additional instructions?

MAINFLOOR
    - Master Bedroom to have a master bath.
    - Guest Bedroom with Bath.
    - Main Floor bathroom
    - Living Room with Fireplace
    - TV Room
    - Kitchen with breakfast nook
    - Separate formal dining room

UPSTAIRS
    - I would like two bedrooms attached by a jack and jill bathroom for my two twin teen girls.
    - I would like the boy child room to also have it's own small bathroom
    - Room used as an office/library that can be easily changed to a nursery if needed.
    - An area for sitting and reading
    - Play room

As far as colors and design go, use your imaginative discretion.

Thanks!
  • CmnshtrCmnshtr Posts: 1,221 Member
    edited November 2014
    I will claim this one now.

Date: September 4, 2014
    Username: msbeckycat
    Type: Residential Lot
    Description: Traditional Home for Sunset Valley
    Preferred Creator:
    Claimed By:

Sent FR on Sims 3 11/05/14, Commented here on sims page, updated my contact thread for check-in

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/778808/cmnshtr-contact-thread-now-claimed-msbeckycat?new=1
    Post edited by Cmnshtr on
    h2xmsbl
  • TarynTempestwindTarynTempestwind Posts: 4,438 Member
    In response to this question from Cynth:

I concur with Crispy, hope everyone had a wonderful and plum-tacular Halloween/Spooky Day!

Um, I got a question that needs some serious straight answers. Does anyone know how to go about getting straight walls on a lot that's got these weird angled walls? I found an incredible lot (Wisteria Manor by sashraf) but I'm confused as to how you even get these walls that look like a right-angle Triangle. It drives me batty 'cause I am not a builder by any stretch of the imagination and I have no idea how to fix it so all I have is a regular wall. It's more aesthetics and lag solving vs. logic but any help is welcomed. I tend to sort of edit lots I DL anyway 'cause I'm missing Ambitions, Late Night and Showtime plus several stuff packs. (The walls I mean are the ones that are on the same side as the garage door

Those little triangular walls you are seeing in Sashraf's beautiful home are a quirk of the game. They happen when you connect CFE'd walls that are short to regular sized walls. The CFE walls are needed to get the garage which sits on flat ground to connect to the house which has a foundation. There is no getting around them, they must happen for the 2 different sized walls to come together. There isn't anything wrong with them, other than they look a little funny if you are not used to this advanced type of building technique, and they do not cause lag. For those of us used to CFE, we are used to them and we just shrug them off as something we have to deal with to get the final product: the look we want. The game has its limits, and this is a quirk that we just accept. You will not be able to change them and keep the garage connected with the house.

Again....CFE will not cause lag, nor will the use of MOO. If you are experiencing that, I'd wonder about your computer's ability to load the graphics needed for the highly detailed lots. I think more often than not, it is our computer's specs or age that causes lag, not the builder or the build, not CFE nor MOO. Sims games are very high graphic users. There's just so much for the computer to have to process at once. Before I got my new computer this year, my old one was tapped out when it came to Simming. All of my games, exp packs, store items and builds just maxed out at the end. Turning down many of the graphic options helps tremendously. By the time I was finishing a large, detailed home, my graphics would have been stripped down to the bare-bones-silly level, just to buy my time to finish. I could turn them back up when starting new, but would systematically lower them as the build got bigger and bigger.

Since getting my new computer, I have not had any issues. Both computers are loaded with all the same content, and I have never downloaded CC on either one. But the new computer is souped up and faster and more powerful of course, and can handle anything I throw at it. Even Chatsworth House! I think that particular home would need a new, high end computer to play well. It's a monster!

So if you are experiencing lag, maybe try turning down some settings in your game option. Playing offline may help...turning off unnecessary background tasks certainly will help. Anything you can turn off or lower will help your computer process faster. And don't worry about the triangular walls. They are unavoidable, and they are something we just accept as a game visual limitation.

Hope that answers your question about the connecting CFE walls. In a nutshell, they are fine and unavoidable.

Taryn
  • suepeasuepea Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited November 2014
    Hi everyone! My build for princess0384 is complete and up on the Sims 4 Gallery. It's called A Modern Oasis and it's under my S4 gallery name, photobella. I don't have time right now to finish posting images but I will be working on that later.

In the meantime:

cover_zps9ca2cf90.jpg

rear_zps33930abe.jpg

and more images here
    Post edited by suepea on
    h2xmsbl]
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,903 Member
    That was a beautiful explanation dear Taryn!! Suepea Wow and Wow!! I love it amazing creation dear!!! Please share on the TS4 thread I set up here:
    forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/793222/share-your-newest-the-sims-4-creations-here#latest
    Has anyone claimed Jenny's request? If not, I'd like to claim it please.

Date: September 11, 2014
    Username: jenny0786
    Description: Victorian, Sims 4
    Preferred Creator:
    Claimed By:
    h2xmsbl]
  • jenny0786jenny0786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    suepea wrote: »

Preferred Creator:
    Claimed By:

YAY!!!!!!!!! I do not think that anyone has claimed my request Sue! :D:D:D

• AshystarAshystar Posts: 182 Member
    Request Form (Residential Lot)
    Username: Ashystar
    Preferred builder* (if none, leave blank):
    Sims 3 or 4?: 4
    Type of build (Modern, Traditional, Victorian, Gothic, etc. or leave blank): victorian
    Lot size (dimensions): crick cabana lot
    Number of bedrooms: 2 main. 1 teen. 1 kids. 1 nursery
    Specific instructions on decorating the bedrooms (gender, age, etc.)? gender neutral for teens, kids, nursery. Main 1 'romantic styled' main 2 'lighter blues' and 'feminine'
    Number of bathrooms: 2 bathrooms. 1 extra toilet room somewhere.
    Favorite color schemes: prefer lighter tones to darker tones. neutral yellows, greens, browns for inside. Outside more darker colours.
    Do you want it furnished and decorated? yes please, but not all the expensive stuff.
    Please list the Store content that can be used: just base game stuff please
    If you will be placing this lot in an EA world, which one? willow creek
    Link to specific house or plan:
    Special requirements (garden, pool, hot tub, etc.)? would like a nice outside garden landscape plus a small gardening area for skill building. if room then a small pool but not necessary. a secluded area outside for graves to be laid as sims pass away if possible.
    Additional instructions?
    would like it 2 storey
    Can it be as open living as possible :) don't want traffic jams! can I also request a games room and study nook (don't need a full study room) and can the nursery please be attached to the blue main room if possible. outdoor patio or terrace at the back of the lot if room.

all kids rooms upstairs with the games room and 1 bathroom. balcony would be nice as well if possible.
    everything else downstairs.

Thanks!
    jenny0786 wrote: »
    suepea wrote: »

Preferred Creator:
    Claimed By:

YAY!!!!!!!!! I do not think that anyone has claimed my request Sue! :D:D:D

Good, it is mine then! I will post my contact info for you later. Too early in the morning right now and I am going back to sleep.
    h2xmsbl]
  • HeledrielHeledriel Posts: 465 Member
    @suepea Your house looks truly amazing <3 , lovely especially because I prefer Oasis Springs anyway. Really great work (*)
    Unfortunately I'm still pretty bad with finding those stuff on the new S4 gallery...

I wanted to ask something else entirely. Is it possible to request (or even made) an Alien or Mermaid?
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.
    wW5u961.gif
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,903 Member
    edited November 2014
    Sweet Lissy dear can you put this Request on Hold!! Requester has not Checked in yet dear!!

Date: September 10, 2014
    Username: sauwakf
    Description: Five Bedroom Home, Style TBD by the Creator
    Preferred Creator:
    Claimed By: BreeMiles

Friend Request sent on 11/02/2014
    Hey-o DNA. I changed my request from October. Just added a minor detail and changed pref. creator to none since sue is suddenly so busy!

And can someone help me find something? It's a painting called "The Cupcake Painting" I found it in a house by Romagi1. I tried cloning it and sticking it up on the wall in the house I found it in (only space was the CFE'd garage) but when I went back to it with a sim, it wasn't there. (Something Ranch) so is it something special to a different EP or did I mess up somehow?
  • romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    edited November 2014
    There is a painting called "Sweet Cupcake Painting" is that the one you are referring too? It's in debug and came with the Gen EP.

Screenshot-343.jpg
  • MorakaiMorakai Posts: 3,806 Member
    **peeks in**

Great work so far. Some amazing lots, and even some that make me wish to "try" Sims 4, though not ready to buy yet. Gorgeous work though. EEP! Just noticed that I am coming back towards the top again!

**starts singing**

I'm sooo excited! And I just can't hide it!
  • CmnshtrCmnshtr Posts: 1,221 Member
    edited November 2014
    romagi1 wrote: »
    There is a painting called "Sweet Cupcake Painting" is that the one you are referring too? It's in debug and came with the Gen EP.

Screenshot-343.jpg

I have never seen that painting. Gonna have to get in debug and search for it.
    h2xmsbl
    Heledriel wrote: »
    @suepea Your house looks truly amazing <3 , lovely especially because I prefer Oasis Springs anyway. Really great work (*)
    Unfortunately I'm still pretty bad with finding those stuff on the new S4 gallery...

I wanted to ask something else entirely. Is it possible to request (or even made) an Alien or Mermaid?

Thank you, Heledriel, for the kind comment. I didn't make your job finding me any easier because I forgot to add the DNA hashtag :-( I didn't see an option to edit and add it in. I think if you look up people's studios by their user names, you will have an easier time finding their builds.
    h2xmsbl]