Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pension "problem"?

Having reached level 10 of the music career and become an elder my sim decided to retire. She is now supposed to get a pension of $816 per working day but is getting paid twice each day, meaning she's basically getting 2/3 of what she used to when working - too much! Bills are only $4,238 a week and with song royalties her wealth is still increasing, its now about $120,000. It seems as though money is a little too easy to come by and there are not currently enough luxury items to spend it on, perhaps the whole game economy needs a recession?

I should add that I play on long lifespan, so this may not be true for regular play.

Comments

• feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    Did she have two careers in her adult life??? this maybe why she is getting two lots. But it does sound excessive. Maybe this is something that needs to be addressed. It would be great if they could give it to friends in gifts.
  • marleenw51marleenw51 Posts: 99 Member
    my elder sim had the same thing happen. Although I did notice it didn't happen every single day it happened at least 4 times a week
    Kim
  • CeliriaCeliria Posts: 3,488 Member
    I had that happen once on the first day but ever since it's been the normal one payment per day.
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    KevWalker wrote: »
    Having reached level 10 of the music career and become an elder my sim decided to retire. She is now supposed to get a pension of $816 per working day but is getting paid twice each day, meaning she's basically getting 2/3 of what she used to when working - too much! Bills are only $4,238 a week and with song royalties her wealth is still increasing, its now about $120,000. It seems as though money is a little too easy to come by and there are not currently enough luxury items to spend it on, perhaps the whole game economy needs a recession?

I should add that I play on long lifespan, so this may not be true for regular play.

I can't believe you are actually complaining about this. I bet if it happened in real life you won't complain. LOL
  • KevWalkerKevWalker Posts: 810 Member
    KevWalker wrote: »

I can't believe you are actually complaining about this. I bet if it happened in real life you won't complain. LOL

So very true, the real point is that it looks like yet another bug - we've got more than Attenborough's counted!
  • Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    I havent played a retiree since the patch, but prior to the patch all my retirees have had double the pensions, and I had to use the money cheat to switch it out every day as I play a legacy. They are aware of this bug I believe so don't know whether they fixed in last patch but I didn't notice it mentioned.
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • Luxana49Luxana49 Posts: 8 New Member
    How do you retire in Sims 4 and get a pension. Can you retire without being elderly?
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Luxana49 wrote: »
    How do you retire in Sims 4 and get a pension. Can you retire without being elderly?

You need to be elderly to retire. This mod might still work, though: http://pearlbhsims.blogspot.com/2017/02/early-retirement-mod.html (I haven't tested it for myself after this patch)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    edited June 2019
    I have not yet looked very closely at the retirement features of the game, so I don't even know for sure whether my retired sims are actually receiving any money at all, LOL. But I dislike that the game see them as unemployed (career panel), and there is no history of their career. I wish there would be info on their previous jobs and education, even. I'm pretty sure we had that in TS3, and don't understand why it was removed for TS4. It's like they have no memories at all...

PS: In my game I have a rule (loosely) that a sim can exchange §100.000 with one additional fame star. I normally don't do that, but if you have the fame system, and after all she is a musician, you could allow her to buy a star?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg