Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Think New for EPs: Festival and Carnival Expansion

RobbRobb Posts: 247 New Member
I don't want a rehash of previous EPs. I know a lot of people want pets or seasons, but I'd rather see something totally new or at least not just a Sims 3 version of a previous EP.

What about some kind of festival pack that allows you to build fairs, parades, carnivals and other community events? There could even be different themes: medieval, steam-punk, sci-fi, career fair, kids carnival, gaming convention, sports events, etc. It seems like this idea would really draw on the community-based approach of the Sims 3.

Comments

• thetxsvxnthetxsvxn Posts: 108 Member
    edited June 2009
    I like it :) Especially now that you can move around in a community having a parade would be awesome :)
  • RobbRobb Posts: 247 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Exactly. I hope that the new EPs really capitalize on the features of the Sims 3 instead of just updating Sims 2 (or Sims 1) EPs.

Great features of Sims 3:

-Personality traits
    -Integrated town
    -Wishes and promises

If I buy a new EP, it had better make creative use of these features or add even more innovative features that didn't exists in any previous EP.
  • Clk1143Clk1143 Posts: 1,014 Member
    edited June 2009
    I would really like Magic myself. Makin' Magic had carnival rides and games. The special town for Magic was so different then any other aspect of sims1 and sims2. It was creepy, but in a light creepy sort of way. Plus the building styles was so unique from what I've seen in sims2. We didn't really get Magic in sims2, Apartment Life's slightly annoying witches were not at all what Magic was really about. I would love it if we could get that atmosphere back again. ;)
  • Sliver22Sliver22 Posts: 47 Member
    edited June 2009
    That would be awesome! And they could throw multiple things into. Like maybe a carnival date night type thing? So they could throw in a nightlife type thing with the carnivals, and and theme parks too!