Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone Else Want to Turn Townies Off?

kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
I know I'm a minority, but I'm one of those people who really loves to customize everything.

I'm curious to know how many others would like to have the ability to turn the townie generator completely off.

Why?

For me, I like to create my own townies. I don't want the game to continue to generate unwanted Sims or to delete wanted Sims. The Sims has always been sold as a game where you can customize everything and it's never been entirely true.

So, I'd like to know how many others like to play this way and would like the feature built into the game. Anyone?

ETA: There are 28 of us so far. Should I be adding names to the count or is the number good enough?
Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
Post edited by kremesch73 on

Comments

• catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    They don't bother me. I only like to create Sims when I'm going to play them. I have a house full of eight that will become townies due to the fact that I am not playing them so I'm going to evict them to free up the house.
  • LokiSimsiesLokiSimsies Posts: 1,912 Member
    I want to turn it off. It's broken and I'm tired of having my Sims deleted and replaced with single mother households.
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    I want to turn it off. It's broken and I'm tired of having my Sims deleted and replaced with single mother households.

This is actually another reason I want to turn it off. It over-generates Sims and loads increasingly take longer.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I would like the ability to turn it off. I don't use maids, or anything like that, so don't need them. (and they said the game generates maids and bartenders and things like that) I like to create my own sims to fill my neighbourhoods. If their townie generation is causing issues, they should look at the option to turn it off in game play options. I don't know how many I have right now because I rarely look at it. But my preference would be to have my non-played sims set to ones I want, and not the ones they throw in.

• TaraWinksTaraWinks Posts: 46 Member
    Yes, yes, yes.
    I've spent hours giving them makeovers. I think I've redone at least 100 households in my saved games. Still unwanted townies spawn.
    For me sims is all about creating the world I want to play. That means choices. I really appreciated when EA added the option for players to turn off pets, supernatural, seasons etc. to TS3. I'd like to see more of that in going forward with TS4.
  • qrlcodeqrlcode Posts: 532 Member
    TaraWinks wrote: »
    Yes, yes, yes. <br />
    I've spent hours giving them makeovers. I think I've redone at least 100 households in my saved games. Still unwanted townies spawn.<br />
    For me sims is all about creating the world I want to play. That means choices. I really appreciated when EA added the option for players to turn off pets, supernatural, seasons etc. to TS3. I'd like to see more of that in going forward with TS4.

How do you make them over? Every time I try in CAS it switches to that household.
  • ShuushiiShuushii Posts: 745 Member
    That would have been a great option. I hated all the weird randomized townies plus the all the old people that keep spawning.
    codxHiZ.jpg
    Disclaimer: He or Him! Not a girl!
    edited October 2014
    qrlcode wrote: »
    How do you make them over? Every time I try in CAS it switches to that household.

In Manage Town. Go into Household Management at the top right corner of the screen. Select a townie. Then select Edit.

I don't make mine over unless they're wearing a costume. I like the variety. What I generally do is create families and households with roommates so I can spot them easily when I delete all the other randomly generated townies the game unnecessarily creates. I usually select a townie, and then randomly generate more sims in that household with random first and last names, and random aspirations and traits. I have 26 Young Adults. 6 teens, and 6 children. It's all I really need. When my sims turn to elders, I create random elders, just to keep things balanced but not overly populated.

Edit: So there's only 4 of us, eh? Bummer.
  • TaraWinksTaraWinks Posts: 46 Member
    Yep, like kremesch73 said in Manage Town.
    Sometimes I do full makeovers, sometimes just removing things like the hot dog hat. Depends on the save. Some games are full of crazies and some are "too perfect" and others a mix. I like to play different ways at different times.
  • seminaricardoseminaricardo Posts: 244 Member
    edited October 2014
    I managed and transformed my Townies into people of different ethnic backgrounds. Single or families. It's fun to see a diverse community lot with Indian, Japanese, French, Italian, Spanish, German, Chinese, Filipino, Native etc. people with different ethnic backgrounds and names!

Oh and yes, I also hate it when new Townies are being generated. Especially the single mother families with children who have totally different genetics!
  • SlingBlade5SlingBlade5 Posts: 47 Member
    Add me to the list, as I'd like an option for a completely empty hood as well. As in, no townies walking around the neighborhood, only sims I've created from scratch and moved into a lot and played.
  • MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    I know I'm a minority, but I'm one of those people who really loves to customize everything.

I'm curious to know how many others would like to have the ability to turn the townie generator completely off.

Why?

For me, I like to create my own townies. I don't want the game to continue to generate unwanted Sims or to delete wanted Sims. The Sims has always been sold as a game where you can customize everything and it's never been entirely true.

So, I'd like to know how many others like to play this way and would like the feature built into the game. Anyone?

I don't know if you use mods, but there's one I use that limits townie spawning to the minimum number necessary. Apparently it has to generate gardeners, maids, etc. You can read all about it here:

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=535110

Brought to you by Shimrod, the same wonderful modder who fixed the small-eye-wide-jaw bug with another mod.
    edited October 2014
    @MsPhy I'm fine with NPC's but I don't need 10-20 new sims every sim-week week. I tried that mod a while ago and it didn't do much. I see it's updated. I'll give it another go.

I'd still rather an in-game option though. It would make more sense.
  • natashifiednatashified Posts: 3,314 Member
    edited October 2014
    I would love to control the number of townies, say that there is a max of 25ish townies (not living in houses), and when one dies or gets married off, then they create a replacement. Sort of like the Sims 2 way. I also prefer if the townies (the ones NOT living in the house) did not come in families, just like Sims 2.
  • SketchSketch Posts: 429 Member
    I would like this option as well. Mostly for this reason:
    I would also be fine if they just fixed story progression and disappearing sims.
    Shj7guV.png
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I like the random townies generator as it creates some attractive sims for mine to meet and marry plus if I like them I can always save them to my library.
  • Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    I've deleted / re-created an edited many of the townies. I always do.
    Many randomly generated Townies creep me out, always have.

Weirder Stories.
    OJGRGDT.gif

Weirder Stories.

I'm counting you. That sounds like a yes. :)

I'm hoping if there's enough interest it would be worth requesting. I don't want it turned off. I want the option to turn it off.
  • Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member

Weirder Stories.

I'm hoping if there's enough interest it would be worth requesting. I don't want it turned off. I want the option to turn it off.

An option to turn them off / on, I am totally on board :)
    OJGRGDT.gif

Weirder Stories.

An option to turn them off / on

Yes. That's what I want.
  • julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    I would just like it to stop moving townies out each week and spawning new ones . Lost count of the number of times my sim has made friends with townies only to have them leave town . let it generate new ones when any die
  • 3PupDLS3PupDLS Posts: 882 Member
    I would love an option to turn off the townie generator. I like to create my own sims and had made a bunch to put in the I played household list. I have about 20 of them I have never seen in the game. Even with Shimrod's mod, the game will still create its own townies and spawn new ones.
  • SpradaciSprojSpradaciSproj Posts: 1,272 Member
    Definitely want the option to turn it off!
  • juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    I definitely want to turn townies generation off and play with my own townies and only my own!
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member

Why?

ETA: There are 14 of us so far.

Me! Me! Me!

I delete all them.