Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

General Feedback

griffaj1griffaj1 Posts: 2 New Member
This is my feedback on The Sims 3, and are a just a few of my personal opinions of the game so far.

I recognise that this game is just a base game. I don't have any problem with amount of content, and feel that there is enough as it is. Too much at once is just too confusing.
I also recognise that this is a new game, and not a continuation from the sims 2 but rather a new game, so things will be different.

With that in mind, the following are my issues.

Firstly, the graphics are some what disappointing. Now I understand that my computer isn't the best, but playing the sims 2 with all EPs and not having the quality settings to high, the level of graphics there was superior and outstanding. The way that Sims pictures appear at the side is just one feature that is too like the sims 1, and I feel there are other graphical aspects that are just too like TS1 and don't build on TS2.

Secondly, though I think this has been subject to much debate - the time controls are awful. End of. I can't fast forward and it still takes my sim thirty minutes to walk to the front of a tiny lot from say the back garden.

Thirdly, the neighbourhood isn't actually seamless. Too much hassle changing from house to house (I assumed a form of right click - play family option would occur).
Fourthly, the panel is rather cluttered and confusing. Wants & Fears in TS2 worked well. If ain't broken...

Finally, I just feel that there has been too much over complication of basic aspects, without the removal of the requirement to settle needs (sure my sim knows to go to the toilet - but my sims in TS2 could do that anyway). I thought I wouldn't have to send them to the toilet - but their needs deplete what appears to be at a faster rate.

The job, relationship & skills are all too complex now. Whilst I respect that before it was an easy thing to max all skills, or become best buddies with everyone, it was the point that the sims had so much to do, that these little tasks were easily put out of the way. Now, they're overbearing and will become repetitive. Just because I can use 900 different social interactions to become someone's friend, doesn't make it any less annoying.

Unfortunately all of the above things wont be solved in a patch or an EP (except maybe the time controls) as they are a core feature of the game.

So with regards, I'll keep playing TS2, which has consumed many hours of my life, and brought me great pleasure (and barely a complaint in sight. ever!)