March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

=Homes by grod4L= BILTMORE ESTATE - Pg.6 - 1/19

12346...Next

Comments

• grod4Lgrod4L Posts: 129 Member
    @Reddvelvett Thanks so much for your support, I really appreciate it! :)
  • ReddvelvettReddvelvett Posts: 236 Member
    grod4L wrote: »
    @Reddvelvett Thanks so much for your support, I really appreciate it! :)

You are so welcome @grod4L.....just being honest. Your mansions are to die for.
  • BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    I don't know how I missed looking at Biltmore Estate before @grod4L, but I'm so glad I found time to do so today. First, I'm amazed by the scope of it, but what really impressed was the attention to detail throughout and at every level. I can only imagine the time and thoughtfulness that it took to create. I was so excited and pleased to see all of your different approaches to ceiling treatments! I miss being able to recolor and apply designs to the ceilings so much, and I experienced a bit with MOOing stuff up there shortly after MOO came out, but concluded that it was too much of a pain to carry on (I was primarily using shelves). However, I thought your spandrel designs worked so well (and I hope they weren't too arduous). Overall, just a really impressive bit of work! :)
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Biltmore Estate is such a grand and impressive mansion! :smiley:
    I really love your architecture, it really reflects from the real life estate very well! Really love the complex architecture and very complex roofing too! Your landscaping is truly a masterpiece! The field with a fountain looks so impressive! Amazing front elevated entrance with using a room as a foundation of the house! And your interior, A super WOW! Similar to your Chateau Lyon, I really love everything in here, from MOOing to gorgeous furnishing! I particularly love the greenhouse garden with a very creative skylight dome! The grand dining area is so fantastic too with a creative use of enlarged corbels to make a vaulted ceiling. I can't comment on every creative room in this build, but overall, it is truly a perfect build for rich and wealthy Sims!
    I really love this! I already added this to my faves! :smiley:
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
    @BryonyRae Thank you so much Bryony! I had a lot of fun figuring out ceiling decorations. I so wish we could color ceilings like we do floors, but hopefully they'll add that feature sometime in the future. The spandrels may make gameplay difficult, but I thought they were essential to making the rooms as accurate as possible. I used the shelf method for the ceilings in the entrance hall, and wanted to use them for other rooms, but it would've been WAY too much work haha, so I figured one room was enough! It's so nice to hear your wonderful comments, I appreciate them tremendously! And I just want to thank you for all the work you do, giving us information about building tips, and reporting any build mode bugs to Maxis, you provide such an invaluable service to the community!

@RyeCris16 Thank you so much!! This build was tons of fun, figuring out ways to make the objects we have in game translate into a recreation. The skylight dome took me ages to figure out, but I was so happy with the result. Sometimes it's like a puzzle, discovering how to fit objects together to make something completely different. I just love the sims build mode so much for allowing so many possibilities! But thanks again for your compliments and support, it really encourages me to do more builds!
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    Wow, very impressive and amazing work with Biltmore Estate, I am in total awe of the massive amount of detail and design which has gone into this build, it must have taken you forever. Excellent work :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    @masajo Thanks so much :)
  • mimioluwafemimimioluwafemi Posts: 3 New Member
    @grod4L These are absolutely incredible!!! I'm in amazement! Is it possible for you to upload the tray files to Chateau Lyon? I've been dealing with this ridiculous bug where I can access the Gallery and download items but they don't show up in my game.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,522 Member
    @grod4L These are absolutely incredible!!! I'm in amazement! Is it possible for you to upload the tray files to Chateau Lyon? I've been dealing with this ridiculous bug where I can access the Gallery and download items but they don't show up in my game.

Hello @mimioluwafemi .
    Are you unable to see the creations in your library? Try ticking the "include custom content" box that is in the advanced section of the filter in the Gallery and see if that helps the issue.
    The game has been classifying many creations as having cc , even with cc free games, This box needs to be ticked so as you can see the items in the gallery.
    @rosemow that was an issue before, like that helped me find custom sims I had downloaded but still no luck with the houses. It's just the most frustrating thing. There are all of these amazing houses on the gallery that I can't have. :(
    @rosemow thank you for the suggestion though!! I appreciate it!
    @rosemow that was an issue before, like that helped me find custom sims I had downloaded but still no luck with the houses. It's just the most frustrating thing. There are all of these amazing houses on the gallery that I can't have. :(
    I am sorry that you are having this issue :(
  • CatarinaSimmerCatarinaSimmer Posts: 7 New Member
    Oh Gosh
    My eyes hurt
    So much greatness!!!!!
  • CatarinaSimmerCatarinaSimmer Posts: 7 New Member
    By the way, Grod... These details you put sure give a special touch to the build, but... Do them make the items non-functional? Like the lion statues on the stairways, or the curtains and columns in the doors. Are te Sims able to actually use them?

Keep doing that great work! :D
  • AFVBAFVB Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi! I'm new to Sims 4 and this is one of the best mansions i've seen in sims 4! Awesome! But the lot is not available in the Gallery. Have you removed it from download?
    AFVB wrote: »
    Hi! I'm new to Sims 4 and this is one of the best mansions i've seen in sims 4! Awesome! But the lot is not available in the Gallery. Have you removed it from download?

Hello @AFVB :) Welcome to the forums!
    The link to Biltmore Estate on the website version of the Gallery is
    https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/6DFCD0E87A2811E882C41FC8740B8A41
  • AFVBAFVB Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi @rosemow Thank you so much for the link! The Biltmore Estate looks awesome! I cant quote your answer because I'm not allowed to post links yet but thank you!
    AFVB wrote: »
    Hi @rosemow Thank you so much for the link! The Biltmore Estate looks awesome! I cant quote your answer because I'm not allowed to post links yet but thank you!

You’re welcome! :)
  • MayeyeMayeye Posts: 27 Member
    Soooooo... can I request Colleen Moore's Fairy Castle (seen in the Chicago Museum)? I tried SO hard to do it in Sims 3 but just ran out of steam. Considering another run at it if I can find my old kid's book again, but a modified version seems like a challenge that would be right up your alley.