March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mooch off your Neighbor Challenge! :)

TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
edited March 7 in Nominated Threads
Mooch your way to the top!

There are all kinds of ways to make money in this version of the sims. I love playing the Sims 4 Room Challenge & live off the land type challenges and thought:

"Hum! How about live off thy Neighbor!"

After doing the Awesome Room Challenge designed by katoregama I thought it would be interesting to try by not living on your lot until you have your mansion. Live with your friends & neighbors! ;)

The Sims 4 Room Challenge can be found here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/793808/sims-4-room-challenge/p1

Make your sim any way you wish, any traits you wish. The Aspiration is going to be tricky. You can start with any aspiration you wish but the final aspiration will be Mansion Baron. Bear in mind that your sim cannot get a job so you can do aspirations only to that point then switch. You can switch between aspirations anytime you want. I have no problem with using satisfaction points for rewards (your sim earned them). It is up to you how much of a challenge you want. 
Pick a bare lot to build your mansion. Any lot you like. You cannot stay on this lot until your mansion is finished, you have to mooch off of your neighbors living in their homes! Before you leave the lot to befriend your neighbors you may purchase anything you would like, that will fit in your inventory, as in Guitar, tablet etc.... After you get what you want in your personal inventory set your money to $300 using the ctrl+shft+c - testingcheats true – money 300 - testingcheats false

1 Befriend your neighbors: You can eat, sleep and mooch off of any/as many neighbors as you wish. +2 points for every neighbor you befriend and stay with mooching while your mansion is being planned/built.

2 You can work on aspirations at the library, gym, museum, bar, neighbor’s homes even a community park. +1 point for every goal of a aspiration completed; as in there are goals for each level of the aspiration + 1 point for each goal of the 4 levels. +20 for a completed aspiration. (Some aspirations only have 3 goals per level so if you complete an aspiration you get a small bonus by getting a full 20 points for completing it. There will only be a couple aspirations that can be completed)

3 +1 point for any skill point earned. Level 10 would be + 10 points. You can gain at least 4 skill levels in all skills by reading the books at the library. Remember to get the all the skills from a skill book you have to reread it.

4 You may complete the mansions baron aspiration in 2 ways. If you are not that good a builder or just don't want to build your mansion then you may purchase your mansion with your horded/mooched earnings getting only +100 points. Or you may build on your lot anytime you wish adding room by room. +20 points for every room you add to your mansion +30 points for landscaped garden/patio area.

5 You may not use collectables (fishing, gardening, frogs, crystals I think you get the idea) to make money. The idea is to mooch and work through the skills to make money. As in doing; writing at the library, painting at the museum or woodworking at whatever location you place it. (I placed a woodworking bench at the museum) You can also do any of the above at the house you are stay at if they have the easel or computer there also. You can go to your lot only to publish books or to add rooms. Play the piano at the bar or your guitar/violin for tips. Any skill object needed for skill building (such as work bench) may be added to a venue or park to use.

6 Subtract -1 point per day to completion excluding the first day.

My sim has been camping out at the Spencer-Kim-Lewis home for a couple of weeks now!  Making money on their computers and befriending them and also goes to the museum to paint! The occasional bar trip to get some tips and well of course drink juice and get close to the women! ;) Interesting twist to rotational gameplay!

Haven’t decided about getting married yet. What do you guys think? I do know that you cannot have children because they will be on your lot and well you cannot live there yet!

I am doing this challenge now so have no idea how long it will take. After doing the Room Challenge I do have some tips and any others would be so very welcome **cough cough @katoregama**

If you are painting at a venue before you leave start another painting so nobody can take the easel. Every time I went back to paint some schmuck was hogging the easel. ;) If you leave a painting it will be waiting for your return. If you go to a venue to paint and there is a paintings on the easels you can either delete them or put them on a wall in build/buy mode.

Don’t start building right away unless it is just bare rooms because items depreciate at a rapid rate in this silly game. :/ Plus with only the lot your bills will be at the minimum.  (weekly bills have been $138 so far for the $5,500 lot so avoid building for as long as you can or build to add extra challenge as you wish)

Eating can and is mostly free. Somebody almost always cooks at the parks, Pancake Bob does all the time in my town, not so much in the house you are mooching at but your meals are cheap either way.

Do a “Save As” at least once a wk with your sim on their home lot for safety reasons and save regularly through the week. That way you only lose 1 week if your game crashes/corrupts. I say this because after 14 yrs of The Sims you learn a trick or two. Never trust just one save!

Have more than enough to meet the mansion Barons requirements before you build/buy your home. Again depreciation is our enemy here. Remember you cannot live there until you complete the Mansion Barons aspiration so coming up short could hurt you by having to mooch those last few dollars with the bills coming for a $350,000 home! :o

What do you guys think? Wanna Try?? 
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    edited October 2014
    Q & A

1. •We can't sell fishing/gardening collectibles for cash. Does that mean we can't level those skills (as long as we don't sell the items)?

No extra cash through collecting but you could keep in in inventory if you wish to get the skill. I had mentioned that you can get at least first skill book at the library getting you at least 4 skills in said skill. I like your idea though that way you could use the community garden to get gardening skills. :) I do believe that you can put some in your family inventory but you may have to pay bill wise for them. :\ I thought we would be able to purchase the books from the library bookshelves or computer but found that we can't. Do you think I should allow you/us to get a book shelf on lot to buy books then sell it when done or just make it a note as to what you might want to do before you delete your money and start the challenge?

2. •After the initial Day 1 purchases, can we go to the lot to make additional Buy mode purchases? As in, to buy items that fulfill whims?

You can go to your lot and purchase anything you like you just can't stay there or use anything on your lot till it is a Mansion. That said you want to watch it because of the bills. You could go and buy whatever they want to satisfy their whim then resale to prevent bills and depreciation.

3. •I have an idea for the 25 display paintings. Is it ok to share it here? I'm not sure if it breaks the rules (heck, I'm not sure it will even work!).

Please share your idea for the 25 paintings. I was going to wait so I didn't have bills for having 25 painting on a wall on my lot! ;)

4. •When you say +2 for every Sim you befriend, does that mean +2 per Household or +2 for every Friend Sim living in the house?

2 points for every sim. I don't know if it is because I gave my sim the outgoing trait but he is having the darnedest time making friends. Talks to all of the family at SKL house but only gets a sliver of green in the relationship bar. :\ But then again he is mooching! :p At least he now has a girlfriend! ;) Counted as you get them because of how hard it is ingame to keep friends. Taking the time to make friends will take time away from making money so your call! :)

5. •Any aging restrictions (*please say no, please say no...* :D)?

Nope no age restrictions! :)

6. •Does the Mansion have to look good or does it just need to need the requirements for the Aspiration? I build functional houses but aesthetically... let's say they often leave a lot to the imagination.

No the mansion doesn't have to look good at all. Just meet the requirements of the Mansion Barons aspiration. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! ;)

7. •When I build, I don't use the build-by-room feature. In addition, I often do open-concept, since there is no need for supporting walls. How can I score my house if I only have, say, 4 "rooms"?

Hum I hadn't thought about the rooms requirement that way. I also like open build style. OK Say we make a open living/kitchen/dinning I would think we could count that the same as 3 rooms so you think 60? shouldn't be a penalty for building open I don't think. Landings would also count as a room too.

8. •How much landscaping qualifies for the +30 points :)? Do we need to do more than the 5,000 needed for the Aspiration? (My suggestion: yes -- perhaps 25,000 in landscaping)

I like your suggestion on landscaping but think maybe $15,000 better. The lot I have him on is the biggest empty lot in WC and I am not sure after building the house I could get $25,000 landscaping to fit. What do you think? I haven't really done much building yet (enjoying my sims to much) so am unsure if $25,000 is unreachable. Could doze one of the bigger lots then move though! Hum what do you think?

9. I know we can't modify other Sims' homes in any way that would advantage our Moocher. For example, we can't buy them better electronics or appliances. However, would it be possible to upgrade the lighting in the Moochee homes? Or, should our Moochers just find a better class of friend to pal around with (assuming the higher priced homes have better lighting)?

Hum I don't have the lighting issue that some of the players are encountering. So yes you should go in if you wish to and only alter the lights. I agree no extras to make your life a little easier. ;)

10. And, while I'm on this topic, can we upgrade the public lots? At least, can we put in better/more lighting? The lighting in Sims 4 is abysmal. I know about the lighting mod, but I don't (and won't) use mods. Never have, and don't plan to start now.

I went and added to the public lots, I added easels and a work bench to the museum and added the good computer (ghostwriter one that somebody is always on) with inspiration lights to the library. Also added a snack bar with fridge, coffee pot and micro to the library. (I love the coffee shop in RL at book stores) :p The park behind the venues in WC always have food at the picnic tables so eating isn't much of a challenge. Just no sleeping at the venues.
    Post edited by Terrylin on
  • worsiedogworsiedog Posts: 376 Member
    One of my friends and I, have been looking for an interesting, challenging challenge to play with. This is looking very interesting lol. How has it been working for you? It is hard to find workable challanges with the new sims 4 gameplay.
    worsiedog wrote: »
    One of my friends and I, have been looking for an interesting, challenging challenge to play with. This is looking very interesting lol. How has it been working for you? It is hard to find workable challanges with the new sims 4 gameplay.

@worsiedog
    LOL I would have to say it has been interesting! I have had a blast watching the sims in the houses I am staying at just di their thing. I am on week 5 and doubling my money every week by just writing 1 book and painting 3-4 paintings a day. My sim sometimes stay at the house he slept at and does everything there or I added easels at the museum in WC and go to the library then the museum. Stop by the property to publish his books then pick who/where I am staying the night with.
    You can stay as long as you want and do what ever you want in their houses. I found that the most interesting house to stay at are both the Pancakes and Spencer-Kim-Lewis families. Those 2 have everything you need to write and paint and the Pancake house has a workout bench. They both have a spare bed room as well.
    I cook, clean and repair but sometimes it gets bad so I just leave and when I come back everything is fixed and clean! :p My guy met a woman that he was really into so made her his girlfriend and was at a loss as to where they could be private. ;) So went to the SKL house and invited her over to hang out at current lot, asked her to stay the night then wooed her into woohoo. They went to the spare bedroom and slept after all night so yep you can do everything you need to do except have a baby! :)
    Due to the extra loading screens I do go out after 3 hrs of gameplay and come back in. I have found the game stays smoother that way. I do a save as each week on his lot just to be safe and have a file to fall back on. :)
    Today I had issues after patching and thought I lost the game to corruption. Had to remake my sims 4 folder then move my save to it. Worked just fine and he is back at it jumping from house to house.
    So at the end of week 5 his bills are $129.00, funds $60,589.00, he has completed painting and writing skills and the writer aspiration. Can't complete the painter till he gets a house so he can have 25 paintings on display. Haven't tallied the score I add it all up at the end. :)
    Hope you give it a try! I am having a lot of fun seeing the houses in the neighbor hood and the families in them! :D

I definately will. Sims 3, I did pinstarr legacy , then my own creation, freewill experiments, which is not possible, with current lack of story progression. I moved SKL to a different lot in my current save. I have noticed that sims only woohoo in a downstairs double bed, if you have them on another floor. I managed to get a townie to woohoo with 3 of my lot sims, in one day. Two of them also successfully tried for a baby with him before he moved in.
    I have had issues with freewill and broken things and my sims not repairing it freewill, so thanks for the leave the lot tip, i will try that. Definately going to try this in the morning, it is past bed time atm in South Africa.

• Carewren123Carewren123 Posts: 2,658 Member
    @Terrylin I think this sounds like fun. It's gonna go on my list of "to do" challenges. Not sure when I'll get to it, but I would really like to at some point. Just have to finish a couple of others I'm already working on.
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:
    Wren's Nest * * * Get a CLUE

Completed Stories: Ana Pringle

My Main Site: Carewren123 Sim Stories
    YouTube Channel: Carewren123 Sims
    Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.
    Glad you are giving it a try. I haven't noticed the only woohoo on the first floor issue yet, thought it was because that is the room I have him stay in. Have to do it at the pancake house both beds are upstairs so they will have to go up. :p
    Yep the longer you play, I'd say by the end of the second week, things start breaking really regular and in the SKL house there is so many people that it seems like everything breaks at once. I don't mind fixing to get a handiness skill but that house is huge and has like 5 or 6 bathrooms. :o So I just had to leave! :p It also cleans up the dirty dishes. ;)
    Actually if you go to the other houses it does kind of have a story progression. They go to work and school and live their lives daily where they don't unless you meet them in town/public space.
    Hope you have as much fun with it as I am! Good night! :)
    @Terrylin I think this sounds like fun. It's gonna go on my list of "to do" challenges. Not sure when I'll get to it, but I would really like to at some point. Just have to finish a couple of others I'm already working on.

Thank you! I was just wondering what all we could do in this game and after playing the Room Challenge, wanted to try doing it differently. Found that there is a lot to do and being in our neighbors houses is fun if not really interesting some times! ;)
    Happy Simming! :)

• SimPoseyYumSimPoseyYum Posts: 995 Member
    Ok, @Terrylin, you got me! I'm in!

Couple of questions:
    • We can't sell fishing/gardening collectibles for cash. Does that mean we can't level those skills (as long as we don't sell the items)?
    • After the initial Day 1 purchases, can we go to the lot to make additional Buy mode purchases? As in, to buy items that fulfill whims?
    • I have an idea for the 25 display paintings. Is it ok to share it here? I'm not sure if it breaks the rules (heck, I'm not sure it will even work!).
    • When you say +2 for every Sim you befriend, does that mean +2 per Household or +2 for every Friend Sim living in the house?
    • Any aging restrictions (*please say no, please say no...* :D)?
    • Does the Mansion have to look good or does it just need to need the requirements for the Aspiration? I build functional houses but aesthetically... let's say they often leave a lot to the imagination.
    • When I build, I don't use the build-by-room feature. In addition, I often do open-concept, since there is no need for supporting walls. How can I score my house if I only have, say, 4 "rooms"?
    • How much landscaping qualifies for the +30 points :)? Do we need to do more than the 5,000 needed for the Aspiration? (My suggestion: yes -- perhaps 25,000 in landscaping)
    Good tip on depreciation. As you know, I learned about it the hard way in the Room Challenge.

Thanks for coming up with this. Sounds like fun!
    edited October 2014

Couple of questions:
    • We can't sell fishing/gardening collectibles for cash. Does that mean we can't level those skills (as long as we don't sell the items)?
    • After the initial Day 1 purchases, can we go to the lot to make additional Buy mode purchases? As in, to buy items that fulfill whims?
    • I have an idea for the 25 display paintings. Is it ok to share it here? I'm not sure if it breaks the rules (heck, I'm not sure it will even work!).
    • When you say +2 for every Sim you befriend, does that mean +2 per Household or +2 for every Friend Sim living in the house?
    • Does the Mansion have to look good or does it just need to need the requirements for the Aspiration? I build functional houses but aesthetically... let's say they often leave a lot to the imagination.
    • When I build, I don't use the build-by-room feature. In addition, I often do open-concept, since there is no need for supporting walls. How can I score my house if I only have, say, 4 "rooms"?
    • How much landscaping qualifies for the +30 points :)? Do we need to do more than the 5,000 needed for the Aspiration? (My suggestion: yes -- perhaps 25,000 in landscaping)
    Good tip on depreciation. As you know, I learned about it the hard way in the Room Challenge.

@SimPoseyYum
    Hello!

No extra cash through collecting but you could keep in in inventory if you wish to get the skill. I had mentioned that you can get at least first skill book at the library getting you at least 4 skills in said skill. I like your idea though that way you could use the community garden to get gardening skills. :) I do believe that you can put some in your family inventory but you may have to pay bill wise for them. :\ I thought we would be able to purchase the books from the library bookshelves or computer but found that we can't. Do you think I should allow you/us to get a book shelf on lot to buy books then sell it when done or just make it a note as to what you might want to do before you delete your money and start the challenge?

You can go to your lot and purchase anything you like you just can't stay there or use anything on your lot till it is a Mansion. That said you want to watch it because of the bills. You could go and buy whatever they want to satisfy their whim then resale to prevent bills and depreciation.

Please share your idea for the 25 paintings. I was going to wait so I didn't have bills for having 25 painting on a wall on my lot! ;)

2 points for every sim. I don't know if it is because I gave my sim the outgoing trait but he is having the darnedest time making friends. Talks to all of the family at SKL house but only gets a sliver of green in the relationship bar. :\ But then again he is mooching! :p At least he now has a girlfriend! ;)

No the mansion doesn't have to look good at all. Just meet the requirements of the Mansion Barons aspiration. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! ;)

Hum I hadn't thought about the rooms requirement that way. I also like open build style. OK Say we make a open living/kitchen/dinning I would think we could count that the same as 3 rooms so you think 60? shouldn't be a penalty for building open I don't think. Landings would also count as a room too.

I like your suggestion on landscaping but think maybe $15,000 better. The lot I have him on is the biggest empty lot in WC and I am not sure after building the house I could get $25,000 landscaping to fit. What do you think? I haven't really done much building yet (enjoying my sims to much) so am unsure if $25,000 is unreachable. Could doze one of the bigger lots then move though! Hum what do you think?

I am open for any and all suggestions! I am new at this so refining it is always a welcome thing to me! :)

So far this has been quite the challenge and I am having a blast because I like playing rotational. This is taking rotational gameplay to a whole other level! :p

Yep the tip on depreciation was a learned lesson from the room challenge. I deleted everything because of one the bills and it was depreciating so fast. Didn't build again till her last week. :)

Happy Simming!

Terrylin wrote: »

Couple of questions:

... I like your idea though that way you could use the community garden to get gardening skills... :)
    That's exactly what I was thinking. Too bad there isn't some place to donate the fish and vegetables. I hope they don't rot in the inventory!
    *Molly Moocher opens backpack... pee-YUUU!!!*
    *Emotion: Pass Out*

Do you think I should allow you/us to get a book shelf on lot to buy books...
    I'd keep it just as you have it. If a Sim wants to read a book, read it at the library or at the Moochee's house.

You can go to your lot and purchase anything you like you just can't stay there or use anything on your lot till it is a Mansion...
    Great! Thanks.

...Please share your idea for the 25 paintings...
    Ok, here we go> Paint your 25 paintings and have them in your backpack. Go to lot, build a freestanding wall. Don't paint, wallpaper or anything else. Just leave it as sheetrock. Hang the 25 paintings. Grab your reward, grab your paintings and delete the wall. To finish off the Aspiration, make it 30 paintings (or buy 5 cheapies to make 30), then "view" or "admire" them all before grabbing them and deleting the wall.

2 points for every sim...
    Nice! Heh, too bad I stink at making and keeping SimFriends.

Wheeee! That's what I wanted to hear!

No the mansion doesn't have to look good at all. Just meet the requirements of the Mansion Barons aspiration...
    Wheeee x2! 20 columns stuck in the ground!

Sounds good to me!

I like your suggestion on landscaping but think maybe $15,000 better...Hum what do you think?
    Again, sounds good to me.

Thanks again for setting this up and for answering my (oh so many) questions. I'm excited to get started!

Oh, what the heck, Molly Moocher, you're out. My Sim is Minnie Moocher. Hi de hi de hi de ho!

(Sitting here listening to Cab Calloway right now :D).
    Oh, what the heck, Molly Moocher, you're out. My Sim is Minnie Moocher. Hi de hi de hi de ho!

(Sitting here listening to Cab Calloway right now :D).

Good Luck Minnie! :p

I like your idea about the painting. You can also view the paintings after you paint them when you reach that point of the aspiration. That way you don't have to buy 5 more or you can view the ones at the museum. That way you can sell them when you are done and add to your funds.
    Remember to add a couple of easels to the museum and be sure to leave paintings on them when you leave. I don't know how many sims have snatched my easel when I sold a painting! :\ I get it back buy going into build/buy and removing their painting and grab the easel when I come back to live mode! >:)

I have found that it takes longer to write a book off your lot. In the room challenge and with my other sims they could write 3 books a day easy but my moocher can only accomplish 2 and starting 3 when away from home. I did add inspiring lamps to the library to help. ;)

Let me know about the friends. I don't know if it is just my sim or what but he can't get a relationship with them when he is at their house and with trying to make money he doesn't just socialize otherwise. The families I stay at are always coming and talking to him while he is painting/writing but it just doesn't sick. :\
    he gets a small relationship when at the library. His girlfriend is an exception because she stalked him and really really liked him so their relationship ran away with itself! :p

Keep us updated. I wont get to play much this week but will get him going hot and heavy Friday thru the weekend! :)

Minnie deMoocher has arrived.

Her first first day (not a typo, keep reading) went well. At 8:00am, she stood in front of her newly purchased lot, trying to decide how to proceed with her life of moochery. She bought a few backpack doodads, then headed downtown. Minnie worked diligently, gaining a few skill levels and completing her first Aspiration Milestone -- yes, she was fierce! Struck up a conversation with a lovely young woman named Wren, who invited Minnie home for dinner. Well, technically, Minnie simply waltzed into Wren's house and started making dinner, but who are we to quibble over details? Minnie was so comfortable in Wren's home she decided to stay the night. Sadly, just as Minnie was about to climb into bed, her world crashed around her.

Literally. Game froze with Minnie attempting to get into bed.

When I restarted the game, there was Minnie at 8:00am, standing in front of her empty lot, trying to decide how to proceed with her life. Yep, I had neglected to save at any point during Day 1 (I usually save every time my characters get into bed), so Darling Minnie had to do her first day all over again :).

Given that she got to have a second first day, Minnie did things a bit differently. This time, she barged into a house occupied by a group of roommates. At first, they were startled, but Minnie soon won them over with her charm (and a freshly made Garden Salad). Things went smoothly after that. Minnie made a good impression and the roommates pretty much accepted her as a 4th housemate. Sadly, it's a 3-bedroom house. Minnie was slick, though. She headed to bed early, staking claim on the biggest bedroom. The displaced housemate slept on the sofa. Oh well! Score 1 for Minnie!

And yes, I saved :).

So far, so good. And it's fun!

Quick question: How do we calculate Friends for Challenge purposes? I understand our Sims have to get other Sims to Friend level, but must the Friend (or better) level be maintained until the end of the Challenge? Can we let the Friendships peter out once we move from their house (maintaining SimFriendships is even more exhausting than making SimFriends)? Or do we simply add up how many Friends (or better) our Sim has when s/he meets the Mansion Baron Aspiration?
    edited October 2014
    Whoops, one more question:

I usually play my own Sims living in homes I constructed. I've only gone into one other Sim's home since the game launched. I have never, ever played pre-made Sims or households and have never used pre-made homes (not even in prior Sims games). Well, given the requirements of this game, my Minnie has now gone into another home and holy cow, it's DARK!!! I can't see what we're doing!

I know we can't modify other Sims' homes in any way that would advantage our Moocher. For example, we can't buy them better electronics or appliances. However, would it be possible to upgrade the lighting in the Moochee homes? Or, should our Moochers just find a better class of friend to pal around with (assuming the higher priced homes have better lighting)?

And, while I'm on this topic, can we upgrade the public lots? At least, can we put in better/more lighting? The lighting in Sims 4 is abysmal. I know about the lighting mod, but I don't (and won't) use mods. Never have, and don't plan to start now.

If it were up to me, I'd say the only upgrade should be lighting. Other than that, your Moocher takes life as s/he finds it. If there's no expensive, top-of-the-line whatchamacallit, deal with it or move on.

Edited for typos
    Whoops, one more question:

I usually play my own Sims living in homes I constructed. I've only gone into one other Sim's home since the game launched. I have never, ever played pre-made Sims or households and have never used pre-made homes (not even in prior Sims games). Well, given the requirements of this game, my Minnie has now gone into another home and holy cow, it's DARK!!! I can't see what we're doing!

I know we can't modify other Sims' homes in any way that would advantage our Moocher. For example, we can't buy them better electronics or appliances. However, would it be possible to upgrade the lighting in the Moochee homes? Or, should our Moochers just find a better class of friend to pal around with (assuming the higher priced homes have better lighting)?

And, while I'm on this topic, can we upgrade the public lots? At least, can we put in better/more lighting? The lighting in Sims 4 is abysmal. I know about the lighting mod, but I don't (and won't) use mods. Never have, and don't plan to start now.

If it were up to me, I'd say the only upgrade should be lighting. Other than that, your Moocher takes life as s/he finds it. If there's no expensive, top-of-the-line whatchamacallit, deal with it or move on.

Edited for typos

Good Day @SimPoseyYum :)

LOL So your sim had a Groundhog day did she? :p I like your thinking, I also could have sworn they invited us over for dinner. Why I even offered to cook. ;)
    Sorry about the crash. I get them every once in awhile also. Usually after I have been playing for 3ish hours and in and out of lots a lot. That is why I suggested to go out and come back in occasionally to start anew without having to start new. ;)

Your second run sounds like when I went to visit the landgrabs. I mooched it up good then Malcolm decided he was gonna be mean and rude so guess who's bed I took? :p They only have 2 beds in that huge house and poor little Malcolm had to sleep on the couch! ;) To justify I did spend my money to fix Grilled chicken for dinner. :)

As to your friend question; Well since it is pretty hard for my feller to make friend I would bet it is gonna be really hard to keep them over the duration of the challenge. So I believe we should count them when we get them. They give you extra points but then again they take time that you would be using to earn money. So it would be a trade off as I see it. if you want to take the time for the points go for it! :)

Hum I don't have the lighting issue that some of the players are encountering. So yes you should go in if you wish to and only alter the lights. I agree no extras to make your life a little easier. ;)
    I went and added to the public lots, I added easels and a work bench to the museum and added the good computer (ghostwriter one that somebody is always on) with inspiration lights to the library. Also added a snack bar with fridge, coffee pot and micro to the library. (I love the coffee shop in RL at book stores) :p The park behind the venues in WC always have food at the picnic tables so eating isn't much of a challenge. Just no sleeping at the venues.

Have fun! Happy House hopping! :)
    Thanks again for the quick answers, @Terrylin.

The Landgraabs have only 2 beds??? I'm shocked! I thought they'd have a guest suite along with 3-4 bedrooms. Amazing how rich folks live.

With regard to friends, I'll count them as I get them. If a Sim slips back to Acquaintance and then goes back to Friend, it'll still only count once.

Thanks for the info re lighting. In my game, interiors are really dark. I'll be lightening and brightening all the homes where Minnie camps (they can thank me later). I hope that won't mess anything up. I know, I know, save first, just in case :D.

I like your idea of adding amenities to the library. In a different game, I added a snack bar to the gym because my poor Sim was always famished after a workout. Think I'll do the same here.

Anyway, here's a picture of Minnie:

DepaaAE.png?1

She's not quite as slim as she looks in the photo. The old adage says the camera adds 10 pounds. For Minnie, it subtracted a few!

Thanks again for the quick answers, @Terrylin.

The Landgraabs have only 2 beds??? I'm shocked! I thought they'd have a guest suite along with 3-4 bedrooms. Amazing how rich folks live.

With regard to friends, I'll count them as I get them. If a Sim slips back to Acquaintance and then goes back to Friend, it'll still only count once.

Thanks for the info re lighting. In my game, interiors are really dark. I'll be lightening and brightening all the homes where Minnie camps (they can thank me later). I hope that won't mess anything up. I know, I know, save first, just in case :D.

I like your idea of adding amenities to the library. In a different game, I added a snack bar to the gym because my poor Sim was always famished after a workout. Think I'll do the same here.

Anyway, here's a picture of Minnie:

DepaaAE.png?1

She's not quite as slim as she looks in the photo. The old adage says the camera adds 10 pounds. For Minnie, it subtracted a few!

IKR I would have thought the Landgrabbs would have had more bedrooms also. They do have a nice house though I will say that! ;)

I seem to spend most of my time at either the Spencer-Kim-Lewis or Pancake house. Man are those two families getting big! Eric in the SKL house is a glutton and all he does is eat and well the only ones not gaining weight are the child and the Asian grandfather/father. Their sleeping arrangements are what is interesting though. See if you find the same thing I did? Not gonna say I will let you find out for yourself! :p

I love drinking a nice hot Mocha while I look over my books at the bookstore so why not my simmies too! :)

You will find that your sim will spend one day a week at the gym. I blame it on the free hot dogs at the little park behind the venues. He stops by almost everyday after he gets done painting and I noticed his muscles getting soft! :p

Your Minnie would look great with my David. I will post pictures when I get my flash drive back, it is out on loan but will be getting it back this weekend. (supposed to anyhow ;) ) I don't get my desktop online much and do most of the online stuff on my laptop so will transfer pictures then post them.

Have fun mooching! :)

edited October 2014
    @SimPoseyYum, the fish becomes foul quality in your inventory, but it has not bothered any of my sims.

@Terrylin, LOL, I got engrossed in reading some of my friend @Nicarra60's blogs that I have missed out on, and have not started the challenge yet.

But I will start it this weekend, after I have finished being mean to Don Lothario >:)

I didn't check, but are you editing the original post with the modifications that are being discovered with testing, so that we don't have to scroll through all the pages to check on any challenge adjustments?

How is your one going?

*edited typo.. proberbly still a bunch :#

edited October 2014
    /sigh Crash City

I'm having the hardest time with this challenge. Not with the challenge itself, but with this file/game. I've had at least 10 crashes so far and Minnie hasn't even completed her first week. I think I had 5 crashes last night alone :(.

I haven't had this many crashes with any of my other games/files. I wonder if there is any connection to the fact that, in most of my games, my Sims don't travel much (in the Room Challenge, my Sims didn't travel at all). In my other games/files, I keep travel to a minimum because I detest the loading screens. In my other games/file, I don't have many crashes, maybe 1 or 2 per play-session.

In this challenge, however, traveling is mandatory and I don't think my game/file likes that one bit. Obviously, most of the crashes have been away from home or while Minnie is in the process of traveling (during the loading screen). I'll push through, of course, because the challenge is fun and worth the effort, but looks like I'll have to save every 10 minutes :).

Sims 4 needs so much work :(.

On a more positive note, can't wait to see pix of David!
    /sigh Crash City

I'm having the hardest time with this challenge. Not with the challenge itself, but with this file/game. I've had at least 10 crashes so far and Minnie hasn't even completed her first week. I think I had 5 crashes last night alone :(.

I haven't had this many crashes with any of my other games/files. I wonder if there is any connection to the fact that, in most of my games, my Sims don't travel much (in the Room Challenge, my Sims didn't travel at all). In my other games/files, I keep travel to a minimum because I detest the loading screens. In my other games/file, I don't have many crashes, maybe 1 or 2 per play-session.

In this challenge, however, traveling is mandatory and I don't think my game/file likes that one bit. Obviously, most of the crashes have been away from home or while Minnie is in the process of traveling (during the loading screen). I'll push through, of course, because the challenge is fun and worth the effort, but looks like I'll have to save every 10 minutes :).

That is odd that it is crashing so much, i have played a variety of gaming styles so far in the game and when testing for FREEWILL gaming, i moved around a lot and did not have issues. I literally have every house full in both neighbourhoods in one of my saves and in a gaming session, I run through the households for 2 visits.

I do find however if you fiddle with public lots, then go back to moving around with your sim, it takes forever and ever and ever to load wherever they are off to.

Are your settings okay? I did drop mine to a mix of medium and high. I play fullscreen mode.

The load screens are extremely annoying, I agree.

I had a good giggle at your 2nd try at playing and your deviously delicious bedroom plotting.

3 +1 point for any skill point earned. Level 10 would be + 10 points. You can gain at least 4 skill levels in all skills by reading the books at the library. Remember to get the all the skills from a skill book you have to reread it.

When we first move into the lot, can we buy a bookcase, purchase books for skills, through all the levels or maybe to a specific set level, place in our inventory, then sell the bookshelf again before we leave for mooching?

When we first move into the lot, can we buy a bookcase, purchase books for skills, through all the levels or maybe to a specific set level, place in our inventory, then sell the bookshelf again before we leave for mooching?

Hi guys! Sitting at doctors office just checking and saw this. @worsiedog I have made a Q & A post under the OP that answers some of the questions. We were discussing the option of buying all the skill books you want before starting and I personally think that it falls under stuff your backpack with whatever you think you will need! :p So go for it if you want to! :)

Stupid phone makes it to much work to answer! :\ LOL When I get home I shall reread your posts and answer them OK! :)
    LOL Auto correct is really giving me a time with your name! :p

/sigh Crash City

Quick reply here while I wait for doctor. Sorry to hear about your crashing. :\ This challenge will be hard for low end and does strain high end computers. Hum Try doing what I did for awhile; stay at your friends house for a couple of days then go out like once a week to the gym and around town. See if that helps some. I do this when I know that I am taxing my computer but not ready to go out and back in yet. ;)

When I get home I will chat more! Takes forever to get my phone to post this! :p

• kiwi84kiwi84 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Have you tried deleting your cashe file after each end play session? It will help the lag

...I do find however if you fiddle with public lots, then go back to moving around with your sim, it takes forever and ever and ever to load wherever they are off to.

Are your settings okay? I did drop mine to a mix of medium and high. I play fullscreen mode...

Hi, @worsiedog. I have doctored up a few lots so far. I added a bunch of lights to the roommates' house (wheeee I can see!!!) and a couple of easels and lights to the museum. I wonder if that may have contributed to my crashing. All things considered, I suppose crashing in the light is the lesser of two evils :).

I'll double check settings. I think most everything is high except Lighting, which is ultra-high (and it's *still* too dark). Thanks for the suggestion!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top