Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please bring back the Butlers!

OK, so I have a Sim with the lazy trait. Forget about washing the dishes or cleaning the bathroom - my Sim is so lazy she gives up half way through making her meals to take a nap. She does this all the time - she's starting to get dangerously hungry! ;)

Anyone else missing the butlers? Are lazy Sims the reason too?! :#
tumblr_nh3ivhx9ob1rs61ydo1_500.gif

Comments

• galaxyflier1galaxyflier1 Posts: 383 Member
    Rich Sims don't seem so rich without butlers. I liked them.
  • JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    Careers update is set for december.
    Will it contain butlers inside devs will not say.
    We'll know when they announce it.
  • colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    They would be perfect for a celebrity-type expansion. <3
  • jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    Wow, I haven't used that trait yet. Sounds dangerously lazy! I would love butlers back. Hopefully they will come with an expansion pack. I miss Bonehilda as well. For me, I didn't use them too often because I get bored with sims if they become too wealthy, but I like to have the option if I am playing that kind of story.

At least you can order pizza!
  • MegandtheMoonMegandtheMoon Posts: 1,831 Member
    Rich Sims don't seem so rich without butlers. I liked them.

Agreed - it added to the gameplay :)
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »
    Careers update is set for december.
    Will it contain butlers inside devs will not say.
    We'll know when they announce it.

I hope they come back! You know what would be cool - if our Sims could be butlers. It would be interesting - we could see how all the rich Sims live. :)
  • MrGodardMrGodard Posts: 713 Member
    I have a lazy Sim as well but she's also a glutton and always makes sure to eat before napping lazily :)

But sure, butlers were fun, would love to have them back!
    Wow, I haven't used that trait yet. Sounds dangerously lazy!

It really is! ;)
    colton147 wrote: »
    They would be perfect for a celebrity-type expansion. <3

Yup they would, wouldn't they? :) I hope they bring them back, and I'd definitely like to see a Celebrity EP.

MrGodard wrote: »
    I have a lazy Sim as well but she's also a glutton and always makes sure to eat before napping lazily :)

But sure, butlers were fun, would love to have them back!

Haha, maybe that's where I've gone wrong! It's interesting how the combination of traits can change how our Sims act.
  • VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    I stopped using the butler in TS3 because they would eventually just go crazy if I didn't send them home frequently.

Every time I sent them home I ran the risk of them either never or not coming back for a long period of time.
    @Vlaxitov really? I don't think that ever happened in my game. They did die a lot though (electrocution). I always had to keep an eye on them - mine's were always adventurous repairers. :|
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited October 2014
    I'd love for butlers to be npc's that live with you at home, so you have to provide room for them, and their performance gets better if you pay more and the better room they get. :)
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    BUT, would they come out of their rooms, or act like the invisible maids, where you get charged for their service anytime you travel but they never show up or do anything.
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited October 2014
    > @catmando830 said:
    > BUT, would they come out of their rooms, or act like the invisible maids, where you get charged for their service anytime you travel but they never show up or do anything.

Basically you would get charged every day or so and they would be visible all the time - a good comparison would be a pet that you couldn't control, except they are sims, that clean the house and other stuff. They would get up early, and go to bed at a certain time etc.
    I also would love if we got the doorbell back and the butlers would open it and answered the phone (if we get that back too).
    Also, they would do other house chores like wash clothes etc.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
    Aine wrote: »
    > @catmando830 said:<br />
    > BUT, would they come out of their rooms, or act like the invisible maids, where you get charged for their service anytime you travel but they never show up or do anything.<br />
    <br />
    Basically you would get charged every day or so and they would be visible all the time - a good comparison would be a pet that you couldn't control, except they are sims, that clean the house and other stuff. They would get up early, and go to bed at a certain time etc. <br />
    I also would love if we got the doorbell back and the butlers would open it and answered the phone (if we get that back too). <br />

Lol! Pet butlers! My Sim neeeeds a pet butler. But seriously @Aine I really like your idea. Especially answering the door, etc. It's the little things that add to the game :)
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    edited October 2014
    Aine wrote: »
    > @catmando830 said:<br />
    > BUT, would they come out of their rooms, or act like the invisible maids, where you get charged for their service anytime you travel but they never show up or do anything.<br />
    <br />
    Basically you would get charged every day or so and they would be visible all the time - a good comparison would be a pet that you couldn't control, except they are sims, that clean the house and other stuff. They would get up early, and go to bed at a certain time etc. <br />
    I also would love if we got the doorbell back and the butlers would open it and answered the phone (if we get that back too). <br />

Guess you missed the sarcasm, as right now the maids only charge you and don't do anything or even show up. I only want butlers if they fix the current bug/glitch with the maids.
  • KatnapKatnap Posts: 2,251 Member
    I loved butlers. Mine kept leaving though because my family didn't socialize with them enough. Butlers should be unobstrusive and keep their socialization to others of the servant class on their one half-day off a week. ;)
  • VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    Katnap wrote: »
    I loved butlers. Mine kept leaving though because my family didn't socialize with them enough. Butlers should be unobstrusive and keep their socialization to others of the servant class on their one half-day off a week. ;)

That was my problem too though my butlers would just end up drinking and skinny dipping in the hot tub over and over instead of leaving.

Vlaxitov wrote: »
    Katnap wrote: »

That was my problem too though my butlers would just end up drinking and skinny dipping in the hot tub over and over instead of leaving.

Lol, your butlers sound like fun!
  • YazFoxxyYazFoxxy Posts: 1,219 Member
    Like Alfred the Butler? That was his name wasn't it :S .. Erm, yeah if they do another show time expansion pack.. And for rich sims. xD
  • RoddSteeleRoddSteele Posts: 43 Member
    I second this! And burglars. =)
  • horrorfanatichorrorfanatic Posts: 35 Member
    I want the butlers to come back so badly! I've got some rich sims I've been playing with for awhile now, and having to make them cook and clean for themselves just hasn't felt right. Admittedly I didn't like how they were implemented in 3 and didn't use them much, but after seeing all the improvements they've made to the gameplay in 4 I think the butlers could be improved and actually enrich our sims lives the way they were supposed to.
  • ibenengbergibenengberg Posts: 79 Member
    YESSS!! Omg i loved the butlers, even though I did have the habit of using them for every single family. Maybe I wont make that mistake this time, besides the maids do not clean that often.
    My Wishlist: Best Friend hug, Generations, University, Seasons, Vacations, Private School, Funerals, Cemeteries, Walk up the aisle in the wedding and ask your sims friends to be best man, maid of honor, bridesmaid or pastor if they are engaged.